Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neon Knight
Jan 14, 2009

Okay, pretty much, but the DCU cowboy Vigilante doesn't wear a mask. He does occasionally sing songs about Batman and shoot dudes with a shotgun guitar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMaYVfm4cEE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

kjetting posted:

My biggest gripe with the CW Multiverse is actually Diggs jr. It was just a throwaway joke in the Flash that because of Flashpoint a few details may have changed, mostly minor stuff. Diggle having a son instead of a daughter was just to show that these changes also affected the star city team. Sara Diggle was a big plot influence, on both her parents' actions and choices, and was even named after Sara Lance. It feels weird to have her just never existing and instead having a son that probably was a big influence on the plot in some other ways we will never know, unless everything just happened the exact same way, only with a boy instead of a girl.

Diggle and Barry are gonna talk about this during the crossover apparently. And it's going to be a thing that Diggle worries about, Barry's constant time-loving.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Carlosologist posted:

Evelyn being the mole makes sense, she's the one most at odds with Oliver, but I do wonder what her motivation is
What's her motivation for anything? I don't even remember who she is. She's just there, hanging out with the team. I didn't even remember what her name was until I saw it posted in this thread, or what her super hero name is. She's such a non-entity that her betraying them is basically meaningless.

Mr Beens posted:

They have a super powered bulletproof mummy on the team. But don't let him actually do anything.
Because if they did then there'd be no point to the rest of the team. He's a cool concept for a super hero, but he absolutely does not belong on this show, because he makes everyone else look ridiculous by comparison. You can have unkillable magical bad guys, but not sidekicks.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Tiggum posted:

What's her motivation for anything? I don't even remember who she is. She's just there, hanging out with the team. I didn't even remember what her name was until I saw it posted in this thread, or what her super hero name is. She's such a non-entity that her betraying them is basically meaningless.

Well shes the daugher of sportsmaster and....

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

kingcom posted:

Well shes the daugher of sportsmaster and....

They're only using the Artemis name, she has nothing else in common with the YJ character.

I hope Prometheus really is Roy, that'd be fantastic.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

In the comics Artemis is actually Tigress, Artemis is her real name not her alias. Young Justice referenced that in their second season but the Green Arrow associated archer character was an original take. She was actually first announced as Arrowette and changed during production.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Nov 21, 2016

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Tiggum posted:

She's trying to follow in the footsteps of Black Canary as she did last season and make sure whatever happened to her parents wouldn't happen again (or something). Idk where they're going with this this early in the season fwiw. Maybe she'll do a second heel turn alternatively. Who knows?

In another topic, will we get a special Chanukah episode with Ragman and Felicity?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I'm so sorry, your gift was sent to the wrong city.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Aphrodite posted:

drat Americans and your fake, murder coverup holiday.

Election Day was a week or two ago. Try to keep up.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

The problem with Evelyn being the mole is, didn't Ollie recruit her? What were they going to do if he hadn't?

Unless Prometheus approached her afterwards.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

irlZaphod posted:

The problem with Evelyn being the mole is, didn't Ollie recruit her? What were they going to do if he hadn't?

Flashpoint, they ain't gotta explain poo poo

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

irlZaphod posted:

I don't see how Prometheus approaching Evelyn or vice versa after she was recruited is a problem.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

It makes the most sense that she turned after she joined Team Arrow, and probably even after the fight on the train. By that point she was pissed at Oliver and back on the revenge tip, so why not seek out the local vengeful psycho and see what's up?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

ShakeZula posted:

It makes the most sense that she turned after she joined Team Arrow, and probably even after the fight on the train. By that point she was pissed at Oliver and back on the revenge tip, so why not seek out the local vengeful psycho and see what's up?

Alternatively, she joined up before Laurel's death and Promethus was the one who modified the canary cry for Artemis to use

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Rhyno posted:

They're only using the Artemis name, she has nothing else in common with the YJ character.

I hope Prometheus really is Roy, that'd be fantastic.

I was making a joke post about a better story. Also Prometheus has done like 1 backflip so its not Roy.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
What's going to be hilarious is when Oliver kills Prometheus proclaiming I'M NOT LETTING WHAT HAPPENED TO LAUREL HAPPEN AGAIN, takes the helmet off the corpse, and it's Laurel.

Like, not even a line of dialogue or more than two seconds of on-screen face time. The last episode of the season is dealing with how it happened.

C'mon, writers, you can do this. If you're gonna troll, you gotta come correct.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Fuckin Trump Riot posted:

What's going to be hilarious is when Oliver kills Prometheus proclaiming I'M NOT LETTING WHAT HAPPENED TO LAUREL HAPPEN AGAIN, takes the helmet off the corpse, and it's Laurel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ag1o3koTLWM

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
Is there an episode this week?

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

No, no arrow or legends this week to allow flash to catch up (HA!) for the crossover.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib

bull3964 posted:

No, no arrow or legends this week to allow flash to catch up (HA!) for the crossover.

Ah, thank you.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Like, not even a line of dialogue or more than two seconds of on-screen face time. The last episode of the season is dealing with how it happened.

C'mon, writers, you can do this. If you're gonna troll, you gotta come correct.

It's obviously Tommy Merlin, standard Lazarus Pit/Flashpoint fuckery.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Rocksicles posted:

It's obviously Tommy Merlin, standard Lazarus Pit/Flashpoint fuckery.

*ripping off shirt and screaming at show* IF YOU'RE GOING TO HIT ME THEN HIT ME, C'MON BRO

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:
Prometheus found out who the Green Arrow is through Cutty, what info has Artemis given up?

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Veg posted:

Prometheus found out who the Green Arrow is through Cutty, what info has Artemis given up?

Honestly, that scene always gave me the vibe that Prometheus wasn't learning anything new.

BreakAtmo fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Nov 26, 2016

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

BreakAtmo posted:

Honestly, that scene always gave me the vibe that Prometheus wasn't learning new.

Pretty much. I interpreted it as him killing Cutty BECAUSE Cutty found out.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
Prometheus is Oliver from a different earth.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Prometheus is the synopsis guy.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

ApeHawk posted:

Prometheus is the synopsis guy.

This is all a lead up to his latest :iceburn: on Felicity, and Oliver's going to be like, "Wow that was pretty funny,I can't be mad at you guy :)"

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

BreakAtmo posted:

Honestly, that scene always gave me the vibe that Prometheus wasn't learning anything new.

Yeah, Church is all smug about knowing and pricing his value and Prometheus shows no surprise but just kills him. Definitely played like I was non news to Prometheus.

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Boil 'em, mash 'em, cook 'em in a stew
So I just watched BvS and after reading up on KGBeast, the Wikipedia page notes that the Anatoli in Arrow is supposed to be Anatoli Knyazev and therefore KGBeast. Has his last name ever been said in the show and are we even supposed to assume that he is, or is going to be, KGBeast at all in the show? It just caught me completely off guard and it seemed like the Wikipedia author just knew his name was Anatoli and was Russian and just assumed.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I think he gives Oliver his full name at some point. Early on, when they first kind of help each other.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Isn't KGBeast supposed to be a human murder machine though? It kind of seems like Lundgren's character would be him instead. Or is this a case of Tommy Merlyn not being a villain like in the comics?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Arrow frequently just uses names and not their whole character.

Felicity Smoak is Firestorm's step-mom who dislikes him for constantly causing collateral damage. And one time he uses his powers to strip her in public.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
We all agree that Felicity's boyfriend is Prometheus right?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

greatn posted:

We all agree that Felicity's boyfriend is Prometheus right?

He's a red herring, it's Tommy.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I think the smart thing to do would be to reveal it's him soon, at least to the audience, and then make the real mystery who he actually is.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Aphrodite posted:

Arrow frequently just uses names and not their whole character.

Felicity Smoak is Firestorm's step-mom who dislikes him for constantly causing collateral damage. And one time he uses his powers to strip her in public.

I thought that was Plastique? Or has he done it more than once? Because that's even creepier.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I thought that was Plastique? Or has he done it more than once? Because that's even creepier.

He does it again, because he remembers how it worked on Plastique.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aphrodite posted:

I think the smart thing to do would be to reveal it's him soon, at least to the audience, and then make the real mystery who he actually is.

They already did that with the Dark Archer.

Also it's Roy/Laurel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rhyno posted:

They already did that with the Dark Archer.

Also it's Roy/Laurel.

That only lasted like 3 episodes.

• Locked thread