Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Ruben Boumtje Boumtje

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

euphronius posted:

Sixers have won their 4th game of the season twice in 2016

:)

Hah

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

WhyteRyce posted:

Miami Heat retiring Shaqs number. Still only like the third most laughable jersey they retired

WhyteRyce posted:

NBA L2M report says the refs made the correct call at the end of the Kings Raptors game

C'mon man you're better than this.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Pop did not like having a close game vs the non injured Mavs.
https://twitter.com/jmcdonald_saen/status/800921127107305473

Smellyhead
Jun 20, 2003
Cabbages smell funny too.

Spacebump posted:

The video of this was even better:
https://twitter.com/CaseyKeirnan/status/800918510708916224

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
what a world we live in where the sixers aren't the worst team in the league

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Noctone posted:

what a world we live in where the sixers aren't the worst team in the league

You must have missed every Dirk-less Mavs game in the last 13 years. (Except when they had Monta and that one time when OJ Mayo + Eddy Curry beat the Super Lakers on opening night.)

Edit: better answer, Embiid's world.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Every time I see Devin Booker's shooting percentages, I want to take a sharpie and fix them on my monitor. I like his jumper. Facts are overrated. 28% on 5 3-pointers per game is not good.

And Memphis has a 9-5 record. I like the Grizzlies, so this is cool. Gasol and Conley are just solid.

edit:

The NBA tinkered with the International League Pass website too. Unsurprisingly, it looks like poo poo now. They are probably hard at work to add a permanent filter that renders NBA players into anime characters in real time, thus ruining the live footage which is the last part that does not suck.

Jack's Flow fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Nov 22, 2016

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

The Warriors have reached 30+ assists in eight straight games. Since 1984 there are only two longer streaks:

code:
Team 			First 		Last 		Games
Charlotte Hornets	1989-03-30	1989-04-23	13
Los Angeles Lakers	1985-04-05	1985-10-31	9
Golden State Warriors	2016-01-18	2016-02-03	8
Golden State Warriors	2016-11-07	2016-11-21	8

Niwrad posted:

League Pass continues to be loving trash. For all the poo poo the NBA does well, they continue to make it worse year after year.

I've been brainstorming ways the NBA can make their online presence even worse:

-Cryptovirus installation when visiting NBA.com
-Change the official language of the NBA to Esperanto.
-Reintroduce 1950s era box score that displays only points and field goals
-Require users to solve three CAPTCHA tests to check scores.
-Give Donald Sterling his own featured blog.

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

https://twitter.com/NBAOfficial/status/800826174024851456

Will the delay be more than 2.4 seconds? You fucks

:laffo:

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Zogo posted:

-Require users to solve three CAPTCHA tests to access site.

I had to do this to buy Rockets tickets. Not only to buy them, but every time I wanted to check which seats were available for each section. It was masterful web design, just missing a flash interface and some blinking marquee impact font text

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Spacebump posted:

This reminds me when Pop flipped the gently caress out after the Spurs didn't take the Kobeless Lakers serious in the playoffs a few years ago. The way the Spurs tightened down after that I knew the Lakers would get shut the gently caress down the rest of the series and they did.

Jack's Flow posted:

Every time I see Devin Booker's shooting percentages, I want to take a sharpie and fix them on my monitor. I like his jumper. Facts are overrated. 28% on 5 3-pointers per game is not good.

And Memphis has a 9-5 record. I like the Grizzlies, so this is cool. Gasol and Conley are just solid.

edit:

The NBA tinkered with the International League Pass website too. Unsurprisingly, it looks like poo poo now. They are probably hard at work to add a permanent filter that renders NBA players into anime characters in real time, thus ruining the live footage which is the last part that does not suck.

His FG % is going to suffer because he's the sole shot creator on a bad team and has to attempt to bail out a terrible offense many times a game.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

chunkles posted:

Steve Francis is now possibly being extradited to Florida on a burglary charge after his Houston DWI arrest

'According to authorities, two days after the incident, Francis walked into the Bradenton Police Department with a plastic bag full of stuff and said, "I just robbed somebody, take me to jail. I'm turning myself in". Authorities did not have a report of any crime in Bradenton so Francis walked free. The case was being handled by the Manatee County Sheriff's Office.'

Rodman was on the news earlier today:

http://people.com/crime/dennis-rodman-charged-with-hit-and-run-after-freeway-incident/

"The former NBA player was also charged with driving across a dividing section and without a valid license as well as giving police false information.

Rodman could face two years in a county jail if convicted."

10/20 in the first nine games is the best career start for a C probably in league history. Here are the best:

code:
3NP	Player			Season	Pos	3P	3PA	3P%
29	Brandon Jennings	2009-10	G	24	43	0.558
22	Travis Diener		2005-06	G	19	35	0.543
19	Brent Barry		1995-96	G	14	23	0.609
19	Trevor Ruffin		1994-95	G	17	32	0.531
19	Rudy Fernandez		2008-09	G	23	50	0.46
17	Anthony Morrow		2008-09	G	15	28	0.536
17	Juan Carlos Navarro	2007-08	G	18	37	0.486
16	Dion Waiters		2012-13	G	19	41	0.463
15	Kelenna Azubuike	2006-07	G	14	27	0.519
15	Luther Head		2005-06	G	15	30	0.5
The worst:

code:
3NP	Player			Season	Pos	3P	3PA	3P%
-12	Jorge Garbajosa		2006-07	F	4	24	0.167
-15	Buddy Hield		2016-17	G	12	51	0.235

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
:rip: Buddy

I still believe

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Metapod posted:

:rip: Buddy

I still believe

He's been 12/38 after his 0/13 start. Which isn't the worst thing in the world but still isn't good.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Noctone posted:

C'mon man you're better than this.

I think the refs made a bad call that game but the league predictably doesn't care

And I have nothing against the Heat franchise just that they seem to hunt for an excuse to retire anyone's number. But a guy that played 2.5 good seasons for them is still better than MJ and Marino being up in the rafters

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
whoosh

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
I was gonna post something about Shaq being a reserve office for the Miami Dade police but then I stumbled into his leaked emails and found this exchange:

DIESELDOGMAFIA posted:

Westling: I feel bad we lost contact. Hope you are well. I live in LA now so hit me up if you ever come out there
-dominica

Shaq: O my god were r u can i have u bak i miss u to whts yur number pls baby i want u bak do u love me

[Twenty-three days later, Dominica sends Shaq an email with only the subject line "Muuaaahhh" and a photo that, judging by his reaction, didn't depict a tray of freshly baked cookies.]

Shaq: Where can I cum at when I c u

Dominica: All over me, where do you wanna cum?

Shaq: In u foreva

Dominica: I miss that

I'd say he deserves it.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

chunkles posted:

Capela did a great job against Drummond tonight. I'm pretty thrilled to see him really improving, at age 22 he has a lot of good ball ahead of him.

Speaking of project centers, Bebe Nogueira has looked like a competent player this year

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I had a dream where Sixers, Kings, Magic, and Warriors were part of a massive 4 team trade

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Strawberry Panda posted:

I was gonna post something about Shaq being a reserve office for the Miami Dade police but then I stumbled into his leaked emails and found this exchange:

I'd say he deserves it.

He has such a way with words

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I had a dream where Sixers, Kings, Magic, and Warriors were part of a massive 4 team trade

Sixers receive Livingston and Klay, Magic receive Noel, Kings receive Fournier and Vucevic, Warriors receive Cousins

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Doltos posted:

Sixers receive Livingston and Klay, Magic receive Noel, Kings receive Fournier and Vucevic, Warriors receive Cousins

Man, if you thought the Warriors bench was bad before, christ.

e:

Kevin Durant's 3-point%?

PPG?

Hail Satan

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Doltos posted:

The fact you having the magic doing something incredibly dumb makes this believable

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I really like how people treat Noel like he is some amazing asset.

The dude is an undersized center who can't shoot and plays decent defense who is on the last year of his rookie deal.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Paul Zuvella posted:

Man, if you thought the Warriors bench was bad before, christ.

e:

Kevin Durant's 3-point%?

PPG?

Hail Satan

Jokes aside (I hate jokes and laughing, fun makes me PUKE) Durant's true shooting is at .674 which is fuckin ridiculous

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Paul Zuvella posted:

The dude is an undersized center who can't shoot and plays decent defense who is on the last year of his rookie deal.

Maybe Orlando just wants to complete the trifecta of tall and skinny shot blockers? Ever think about that?

ragle
Nov 1, 2009
the NCAA record for 3pt made by a freshman is held by Steph Curry w/ 119. Jamal Murray is #2 with 113.

Pelicans taking 23yo Buddy Hield at #6 allowing 19yo Murray to go #7 to the Nuggets is indefensibly awful
Murray at 39.6% from 3pt on 3.7 per game in the NBA, Hield (Jimmer 2.0) 24.6% on 4.6 per game

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

ragle posted:

the NCAA record for 3pt made by a freshman is held by Steph Curry w/ 119. Jamal Murray is #2 with 113.

Pelicans taking 23yo Buddy Hield at #6 allowing 19yo Murray to go #7 to the Nuggets is indefensibly awful
Murray at 39.6% from 3pt on 3.7 per game in the NBA, Hield (Jimmer 2.0) 24.6% on 4.6 per game

Jimmer could shoot 3s. Buddy wishes he were jimmer 2.0.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

ragle posted:

Jamal Murray is literally terrible

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

ragle posted:

Murray's 3P% is higher than Dunn's TS% lol

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Cool Buff Man posted:

Jokes aside (I hate jokes and laughing, fun makes me PUKE) Durant's true shooting is at .674 which is fuckin ridiculous

Yeah but see he's toxic so it doesn't matter. He seems like the nicest guy in the world. Like that comic strip guy

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Warriors barely use the pick and roll, which is really weird when you consider how most of the nba offenses are built.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Which is not to say that Jamal Murray cannot become good, but to act like he was some diamond in the rough because he's shooting well from three over the course of 15 games is going way over the edge. He hasn't done anything else well.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Everyone expected the pelicans to draft jamal murray, just like everyone expected the Blazers to draft Faried instead of Nolan Smith because....I still don't understand that move

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

straight up brolic posted:

Which is not to say that Jamal Murray cannot become good, but to act like he was some diamond in the rough because he's shooting well from three over the course of 15 games is going way over the edge. He hasn't done anything else well.

Shooting well from three while being a teenager does put him in a rare group tho'. A group that includes Kobe Bryant and Andre Drummond (shot 50% from three rookie year on two attempts)

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

Tae posted:

Warriors barely use the pick and roll, which is really weird when you consider how most of the nba offenses are built.

it's more like they barely run a direct high pick and roll. A dribble hand off into a pick and roll type action is almost always their second or third action.
They also don't really have a good roll man outside of Green. Though they try to throw lobs to McGee constantly when he's in.

And when they want to bury a team it's Curry-Green high pnr all day.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I'd really want to see more Curry/Durant pnr that was used earlier or even Durant/Green pnr. Right now they're basically just letting Durant anchor the 2nd team as their way of staggering minutes (Except the pacers game yesterday which was weird) but it's really weird to say literally the best offensive efficiency in decades can improve.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Paul Zuvella posted:

I know I try and explain this all the time

He also gets hurt a lot and has a bad tude.

I think at best they get like last first value.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Tae posted:

I'd really want to see more Curry/Durant pnr that was used earlier or even Durant/Green pnr. Right now they're basically just letting Durant anchor the 2nd team as their way of staggering minutes (Except the pacers game yesterday which was weird) but it's really weird to say literally the best offensive efficiency in decades can improve.

You can use it occasionally just fine, but if I were scouting the Warriors and knew they'd use Durant as the screener again and again I'd offer Charles Oakley a contract to absolutely punish the poo poo out of him and get him to start laying down lovely screens.

I dunno how good Green is as a screener vs how often he gets called for a foul, though. That is a big reason why Bogut is a good screener, when he sets a legal pick you end up on the floor.

Anyway, the dribble-handoff is every bit as effective as the PnR, and a better fit for a team looking to let the ball fly vs have a big man work down low.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I mean if you're hiring dirty goons to injure people as it's the only way to stop players, just hire a hobo off the street to plant their feet under Durant's after every jumpshot and Bruce Bowen everyone.

• Locked thread