Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Serf
May 5, 2011

absolutely incredible

e: incrediblEd Balls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

so, this and the NYT meeting actually makes me a bit less fearful of a Trump presidency (despite the fact that it will be a disaster)

I was afraid he'd get pissed off and nuke someone or blow something up, or a million other things

all the NYT and Clinton thing has taught me is that he says things that will win him votes and support from people, but he doesn't actually believe or care about it.

Clinton - Special Prosecutor to Help her heal
NYT - Failing NYT to I have great respect for the NYT

Makes me at least more hopeful that his cavalier attitude on nukes etc are just bluster

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

CheesyDog posted:

I'm not saying he's not hosed up.

I'm just saying - let's not pretend that we haven't had a President with Alzheimer's, or a President who met with people while taking a poo poo, or a President handling nuclear standoffs while on a mix of uppers and hormones. One of greatest Presidents hid his wheelchair for decades with a complicit media assisting with the cover up.

"hosed up" becomes "normal" the second you get away with it. Trump is the new normal and will be until someone better at the game beats him.

Calm down guys, all this horrible Trump poo poo isn't any worse than hiding a wheelchair so no-one sees you're really a worthless cripple LOL.

Eleven Eleven
Nov 12, 2016

Covok posted:

Trump is the kind of guy where, if you're against him from the start, then he accepts that you did what you thought you needed to do to win (as he would have done the same) and, if you're with him, you're scum if you turn on him.

Trump's most redeeming quality IMO

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

Serf posted:

absolutely incredible

e: incrediblEd Balls

oh it gets better

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/801125055178489856

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I mean if obama did anything like this jfc

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Fiction posted:

The news media is actually reporting that Richard Spencer is the leader of the alt right, so that obfuscation of reality is actually good

Spencer coined the term and he wants it back.

Before he got kicked off twitter, Spencer was talking about how he's the REAL Alt-right, and losers like Milo/Breitbart are Alt-Light.

Freep, /pol/, breitbart, Pro-Trump twitter, talk-radio... All of them are distancing themselves from Spencer. Most had never even heard of him or the NPI before the HAIL TRUMP video, and think he's 'controlled opposition'.

If there's ANY silver lining it's that when an actual Nazi shows up even FREEP gets weirded out.

Spencer doesn't give a poo poo - he loves the attention. I could see him turning the NPI into a kinda Westboro Baptist Church type organization - troll and sue.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

https://twitter.com/grynbaum/status/801124707168727041

lol

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Nichael posted:

I agree but people should still try to get them to vote against Trump. Those scared of potential repercussions from faithless electors deciding anything contrary to the racist electoral college are living in the Things Matter Zone.

The sort of people who are Republican electors to begin with are prominent GOP officeholders, big donors, superactivists, and the like. You might get some disgruntled guy in Utah casting an EV for Mitt Romney, but that's about it.

If we were living in the world where Clinton narrowly edged out MI and PA, yielding Trump 270 Clinton 268 with any Trump elector with cold feet throwing it to the House, then hell yeah I'd be on board for this, but 306-232 is a huge disparity.

Serf
May 5, 2011

like I know people say "irony is dead" a lot but c'mon this has got to be the real thing

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

"not in a literal sense though, that comes now"

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Breitbart reactions

quote:

Oh no! Not even in office yet and the lies are underway. The people need to voice their objections, the lying will continue for sure. 40 years of corruption swept away! You honestly think this will unite the party, the people, liberals, the media? Your kidding your self. The lies will not stop on the liberal media end, political hacks will forget in no time and lie away. Charge these people. You said you would.

-

As President Elect he has access to info that he didn't have before, possibly including confirmation of our suspicions that Hillary Rotten is dying anyway. If that is true, prosecution would be seen by many as unnecessary cruelty. I would wait until all the dust settles before making any judgment.

-

Okay, people. Calm it down. Lots of 'concern trolls' coming out of the woodwork. Lots of reactive comments. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. People need to read Sun Tzu - The Art of War. People put their faith in 'The Donald' a year and a half ago for a reason. What happened to that faith? Keep an eye on his actions, not his words. The major objective has been accomplished - we got a non-establishment politician elected as POTUS. Sure, there are going to be shakeups and unexpected twists, turns, and swerves - but isn't that what we elected him for? We didn't elect him to be predictable. He's already accomplished more in two weeks than Obama did in the first 6 weeks of his term, and he's not even sworn in yet! Keep it real!!

-

If that is the case, he will be a 1 term President for me. Same old Politician, all talk no action. What a BS!!!!!!

-

Timid Trump decided too unite the country? How by offending everyone who actually VOTED for him? Someone needs too up the testosterone cream level.

-

To Rudy and Trump go F yourselves with a chainsaw!
By ignoring the law you are adding and abetting criminal activity. Now the corruption is on you!
So much for draining the swamp. Eat a bag of Richards!

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

mannerup posted:

sounds like you have anger issues

you're right

lol @ Pubis whispering lies into Trump's ear

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

RandomBlue posted:

Calm down guys, all this horrible Trump poo poo isn't any worse than hiding a wheelchair so no-one sees you're really a worthless cripple LOL.

lmfao who was it there was a goone who quoth

you say toh-may-toh, I say literally Hitler

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

pivot to secret leftist trump incoming

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/801125590178918400

:getin:

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

Montasque posted:

Spencer coined the term and he wants it back.

Before he got kicked off twitter, Spencer was talking about how he's the REAL Alt-right, and losers like Milo/Breitbart are Alt-Light.

Freep, /pol/, breitbart, Pro-Trump twitter, talk-radio... All of them are distancing themselves from Spencer. Most had never even heard of him or the NPI before the HAIL TRUMP video, and think he's 'controlled opposition'.

If there's ANY silver lining it's that when an actual Nazi shows up even FREEP gets weirded out.

Spencer doesn't give a poo poo - he loves the attention. I could see him turning the NPI into a kinda Westboro Baptist Church type organization - troll and sue.

Right but people think they're on Trump's side and that's what matters

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

sure buddy sure

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
Holy poo poo they are livetweeting the meeting between hitler and the hashtagge lugenpresse lmbo

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/801126093776449537

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/801125519169306624

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Serf
May 5, 2011

theory: this is a cry for help

someone tape Trump's interviews, he's probably blinking OH GOD PLEASE HELP ME I hosed UP in morse code

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Yinlock posted:

scapegoat #1 ejected

reload

Inside footage of what Priebus just did:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uR36lzNfr7k

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

https://twitter.com/grynbaum/status/801126063656927232

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

What are my voters?

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/801126093776449537

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Karl Sharks posted:

https://twitter.com/grynbaum/status/801126063656927232

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

*Adds trump is Al Borland to millenial memes 4 context .s*

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/801125278386913280

lol trump would love that!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

So we are just supposed to ignore everything he said on the campaign so he can pass a. Inch of lukewarm republican policy that no one likes ok. Buddy.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Of all presidents, Trump is most likely to resign.

He won't, but he is most likely to

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/801126709412163585

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/801126806942347266

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

ahahaha

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Yes what could possibly have energized these people?
:suicide:

Serf
May 5, 2011

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Of all presidents, Trump is most likely to resign.

He won't, but he is most likely to

but what's the over-under

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

You fucker

Oh mother fucker

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

https://twitter.com/grynbaum/status/801126844414226432

but that could change, who knows!!! :shrug:

gotta stay unpredictable

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

anime was right posted:

breitbart already on him for a broken promise and preibus lying straight to his face

man this cabinet is already falling apart lol

This is the thing that keeps me from being able to fully extinguish the last ember of believing the EC will go faithless. We've elected some fuckups in the past but they've had cabinets come together pretty uniformly every time, didn't outright attack the press at each turn, didn't spend their transition period settling a fraud suit and hawking his businesses to foreign leaders, etc. Like, Trump is substantially different but the key difference is that he hasn't even gotten any solid cabinet choices in yet and most of the names he's floated are legally ineligible, realistically unconfirmable, or so out of the reasonable breadth of this country's political mainstream that they're generating criticism from unexpected places. Hillary may cause rioting in rural areas, she may scare the poo poo out of the markets for a week, going faithless may delegitimize the electoral college forevermore, but the trade-off is stability and otherwise remaining in well-charted territory. That old lady's got a cabinet and multiple backup picks on speed dial and would have that poo poo locked down by Monday after the EC vote. They're a pack of neoliberal hyenas and hell she'd probably be pressured to decline to run for re-election in 2020, but there wouldn't be VP Race Bannon, Senior Advisor Racist Bannon, AG Segregation Forever, or any of that poo poo. Russia would know exactly what the foreign policy is, Merkel wouldn't be freaking out, Brexit would be a more stable Brexit, and in exchange all they need to do is potentially delegitimize an 18th-century institution which is already suffering the damage of a PV differential of almost 2 million votes in the other direction and headed toward electing exactly the type of incompetent populist buffoon it was meant to freeze out. If this poo poo continues they may well be wondering if it's worth writing a massive op-ed/open letter to explain why they went faithless to the tune of overturning the EC vote this one time and couching it as a way of preserving the legitimacy of the electoral college as a circuit breaker or moderator or social contract but above all not a suicide pact.

And then they'd just decide they can just ride out the next 4 years and pick trump anyway.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I think trump may have done too much damage where he doesn't get a pass

Coatlicue
Sep 14, 2012

it doesn't matter
how fast or how far,
you're still runnin' like a fool

Perfect.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Serf posted:

but what's the over-under

0.51 resignations

if he submits a resignation and rescinds it unders lose, that counts

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
Trump all trying to talk nice to the press to convince them he ain't a maniac.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

euphronius posted:

I think trump may have done too much damage where he doesn't get a pass

?????????????????????????

• Locked thread