Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fungah! posted:

aalso do the qr thng every day, you cn get rare pokemon out of it. i g ot totodile yesterday nd deino today

What QR codes am I supposed to scan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

It raises the stats themselves but not the actual Individual Values so you can't use them to breed for IVs.

Ristolaz posted:

From what I read, it gives a permanent boost to the stat to make it equivalent to a 31 IV. So for battle purposes it should be exactly like having a 31 IV, but it will pass down your original IV when breeding and won't change your Hidden Power type

Ty

Ristolaz posted:

Also you need to be level 100 to use the bottle caps lol

Lol ok. I'm planning at stopping at 50 with my freaked out Pokemon.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Or like 75...is there a PvP meta? Is it level 100 for all the EV, IV and Nature math to be worth it -_-

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

reddits got a list of a bunch of thm but you can see a qr code when you check a pokemon that youve caught in your pokedex, you scan ten of those nd you get your island scan pokemon. the island scan pokemon cn be anywhere on the island you're on so do it someplce you can get to most of the island

http://pokemongohub.net/pokemon-sun-moon-qr-codes/

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i thnk you can still scan the code after you've done it once/caught the pokemon too, nyone know for sure?

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

In Training posted:

Or like 75...is there a PvP meta? Is it level 100 for all the EV, IV and Nature math to be worth it -_-

If you go online or do whatever the postgame battle thing is, it usually scales you down to 50. Not sure in this game tho

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Battle spot lowers you to 50 but doesn't level you up to 50 if you're below it. I forfeited my first battle because of that.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

I don't have anything of value to offer in game or on this forum, but 0189-9657-3549. If I find a diseased pokemon I'll make sure to spread it to everyone.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
idgi why doesn't the qr scanner show the grid to put the code into, its not scanning them

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

hubris.height posted:

idgi why doesn't the qr scanner show the grid to put the code into, its not scanning them

Press R

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Getting really good at Pokémon sounds really hard

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

net cafe scandal posted:

Getting really good at Pokémon sounds really hard

There are websites which will let you hone your skills without committing to the gameplay

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
The pokemon you get from qr scanning is based on the island and day of the week, anybody doing the scan on the first island would get Deino today.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

I just realized my calendar is all messed up since I got Litwick

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

There's apparently some kind of bug/issue with saving in Pokémon Centers or the Battle Tree. My last save was in a PMC, I hope that it's OK.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

r button must be busted, wouldn't work until i hit the touch screen button

or it might be because i have l = a turned on in options idk

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
im busy at work so im just joining type matchup missions in festival plaza and letting people grind fc for me while im doing stuff. im at level 20 now

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

fozzy fosbourne posted:

I just realized my calendar is all messed up since I got Litwick

If you have pokemon moon your game is offset by 12 hours

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

I do have moon but it looks like my time/date was set to 12/22 (Saturday) 2011 for some reason. I'll try changing it late after muh qr codes recharge

Soral
May 30, 2009

Fungah! posted:

i thnk you can still scan the code after you've done it once/caught the pokemon too, nyone know for sure?

you cant

Soral
May 30, 2009

you can scan after youve caught the pokemon but you can only scan each qr code once

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

What are the differences between the beans I can feed my son, James Rowflett?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

fozzy fosbourne posted:

What are the differences between the beans I can feed my son, James Rowflett?

I couldn't find any different between colors but there's 3 tiers of rarity that will give you more affection

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The first time I went to PokePelago it let me shake the beanstalk so many times that I picked up like 300 normal beans and 30 rainbow ones. I don't know if that was supposed to happen.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Is there any way to id my friends from the masses of random scrubs in my festival plaza? Seems hard especially if their trainer name is different than their mii

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

fozzy fosbourne posted:

Is there any way to id my friends from the masses of random scrubs in my festival plaza? Seems hard especially if their trainer name is different than their mii

Go inside and page them from the list of visitors.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Woot, thanks. Got all 3 starters now from a coworker *trumpet fanfare*. Rowlfe is pretty cool but I'm thinking it's time for Littenmania to run wild on some punks

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

whenever i read a post about pkemon breeding it makes me not want to play the new pokemon

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

In Training posted:

any QR code will work

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

trying to jack off posted:

whenever i read a post about pkemon breeding it makes me not want to play the new pokemon

pokemon breeding is only for insane people, imo. i'm having a lot of fun

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Pokémon Breeding is for winners, much like procreation.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

Pokémon Breeding is for winners, much like procreation.

lol your magic powers must be incredibly pitiful from all that sex

my sorcery is practically unstoppable

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
digletts cave is infuriating

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

trying to jack off posted:

99.9% f the people who play don't care about it and I'll probably stop after I get the 20th salandit in a row that isn't the right nature

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

elf help book posted:

digletts cave is infuriating

it's like 20 feet long

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I like to collect the Pokémon to fill out the Pokédex. I don't care about EVs, IVs, shinies etc. seems like more trouble than it's worth.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Evil Eagle posted:

it's like 20 feet long

yeah, the secret cave on the first island is so much worse than diglett's.

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I like to collect the Pokémon to fill out the Pokédex. I don't care about EVs, IVs, shinies etc. seems like more trouble than it's worth.

:yeah:

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

I want my children to inherit my Pokémon collection

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

elf help book posted: