Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

Schneider Heim posted:

From Uncanny Inhumans #2. Black Bolt finds out that Johnny Storm and Medusa have hooked up.

I'm just throwing it out there that I still really don't like how they've handled this "break-up" or whatever. It seems much too accomodating for all parties involved.

I mean, Black Bolt should be squashing anybody who comes too close to his (ex?) wife without a care.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

The guy's an adult.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Nilbop posted:

I'm just throwing it out there that I still really don't like how they've handled this "break-up" or whatever. It seems much too accomodating for all parties involved.

I mean, Black Bolt should be squashing anybody who comes too close to his (ex?) wife without a care.

Bolts saying 'you harm her, you die'. Pretty standard. He can see she's happier, and he can respect that.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I stand by my assessment that Johnny's reaction should be more ":stare: got it" and less ":smug: sure" considering how easily Black Bolt could erase him. Yes, this is Johnny Storm we're talking about, but he's also seen what Bolt can do when he decides to use his voice.

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 10:20 on Nov 22, 2016

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Nilbop posted:

Black Bolt's whole thing is being the self-sacrificing, magnanimous king so that would be really out of character. I wish they'd picked someone who hadn't dated her sister though, as I find that squicky.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Johnny is both an idiot and an rear end in a top hat, so I find this in-character.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
Even when he does get scared, he rarely shows it, you know? I can't think of any time he's ever been the sort to be all 'walk on eggshells scared', even when he faced down Anihillus and died for his trouble.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.
I figure anyone who's been murdered by an annihilation wave would be hard to intimidate.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Johnny is also the guy who married one of his best friend's exes when she explicitly looks just like his sister, he's a terrible human being.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

darthbob88 posted:

I think that might actually just be a jug of sap for her "sap-boiling action!"

Sap ROLLING action. Those crazy canucks roll syrup out in rows in the winter, and then roll a stick in it to make some kinda maple syrup candy pop thing.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Sap ROLLING action. Those crazy canucks roll syrup out in rows in the winter, and then roll a stick in it to make some kinda maple syrup candy pop thing.

Hell yeah we do!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

These Canadians Discovered One Weird Trick To Make Candy In The Winter! Scott Lang HATES IT!!

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Lobok posted:

Hell yeah we do!

That just looks diabetical.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

frodnonnag posted:

It's not quite syrup, but I imagine it isn't any worse than a plate of pancakes or French toast.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

frodnonnag posted:

They make maple syrup candies, too. Those must give you instant diabetes and then death like five minutes after.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

prefect posted:

They make maple syrup candies, too. Those must give you instant diabetes and then death like five minutes after.

Perfect for Trump's America. Can you ship some down?

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Lurdiak posted:

The guy's an adult.

So he'd just throw Johnny on the ground?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

prefect posted:

Maple candy is delicious. I should get some and so should everyone else.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Kwyndig posted:

Maple candy is delicious. I should get some and so should everyone else.

You can't go ten feet in Vermont without seeing the stuff.

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I still don't know why somebody thought Black Bolt and Medusa needed to be split up. They're way more interesting together. It reminds me too much of Cyclops where everyone hates him despite everyone on the team having done way worse. Medusa also lost most of her 'edge' in the newer Inhumans stuff, they really want them to be seen as morally righteous and that's just not what I want from the Inhumans.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

prefect posted:

You can't go ten feet in Vermont without seeing the stuff.

I know, i live in that shithole.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

CzarChasm posted:

So he'd just throw Johnny on the ground?

He's not going to be part of your Marvel movie system, MAN!

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Damage Control #4

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Fsmhunk posted:

I still don't know why somebody thought Black Bolt and Medusa needed to be split up. They're way more interesting together. It reminds me too much of Cyclops where everyone hates him despite everyone on the team having done way worse. Medusa also lost most of her 'edge' in the newer Inhumans stuff, they really want them to be seen as morally righteous and that's just not what I want from the Inhumans.

I am reading Jenkins's Inhumans and I see where you're coming from.

The upside is that Black Bolt gets to have a cool new place because of it. Here he breaks up a brawl between two fighters by joining in:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
for several consecutive events black bolt's role was to be a huge jerk, culminating with him giving the world a reason to hate inhumans while he faked his own death and hid. it isn't terribly surprising that medusa dumped him after he dumped all that on her. also, johnny is more or less the exact opposite of black bolt which is kind of hilarious.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Wait wasnt Johnny also out with Crystal, Medusa's sister for awhile?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

also, johnny is more or less the exact opposite of black bolt which is kind of hilarious.

Medusa: Do you EVER stop talking?
Johnny: ....no?
Medusa: :swoon:

As a kid I actually thought that Black Bolt was purely a figurehead and Medusa was the one who actually ran the kingdom. Since she was always the one saying what Black Bolt's decrees etc were, I just figured that she was the real lady in charge but the Inhumans felt like they needed to be getting orders from a king or something. Black Bolt was happy to go along with it because all he had to do was kinda hang out and look regal.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Who do you think Clark plays as?

Superman #11

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Endless Mike posted:

Who do you think Clark plays as?

Superman #11

Mercy, duh.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Is Black Bolt's voice actually powerful, or is it that he's regularly dealing with human/human-level stuff so that his voice pulverizes everything? Like, if he goes back to wherever he normally lives (which I don't know), can he talk and his house/planet/whatever can handle it just fine?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

MisterBibs posted:

Is Black Bolt's voice actually powerful, or is it that he's regularly dealing with human/human-level stuff so that his voice pulverizes everything? Like, if he goes back to wherever he normally lives (which I don't know), can he talk and his house/planet/whatever can handle it just fine?

Its that powerful. He used to live on the moon with the rest of the inhumans and never spoke there either because it would destroy everything.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

It's really that powerful - his whispers are usually depicted as on par with Cyclop's beam at full power.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Zore posted:

Its that powerful. He used to live on the moon with the rest of the inhumans and never spoke there either because it would destroy everything.

Back during Hickman's Avengers, Maximus did build him a nice room, or pocket dimension, that somehow nullified his powers and let him talk. But that was before BB sent Attilan crashing into the Hudson, so that room's probably gone now.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

This one time he yelled and it tore a hole in the universe.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
As a teenager, he shouted for the first time, destroying a Kree ship invading, and Maximus (who was partially responsible) who was just in the general area went insane from the reverberations alone. It was the first time he used his voice because from infancy until then he was kept in a special containment capsule to keep from wrecking the world on accident.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Black Bolt is basically the dude whose power is being just powerful enough that it is a Big Deal regardless of the situation. Except recently it's kind of devolved into being "the dude who has a Big Deal scene constantly and probably jobs to show how important someone is to ignore his Big Deal." Kinda like Dr. Strange.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
Hi I'm an super powerful being who can level cities with a whisper. I like to wear fetish latex suits over my whole body 24/7 with a tuning fork on my forehead.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Is it just Black Bolt's voice? Or is it any sound he makes with his mouth. Like can he make that teeth sucking sound? Blow raspberries? Whistle?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Man that's an off-model Apocalypse.