Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
What does ART mean in regard to the above picture?

lite_sleepr posted:

Never have I ever felt like I needed a gun, but I'm certainly glad that I can carry one here in Del Rio.

Sounds like you were able to PCS then? Glad to hear it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug

SalTheBard posted:

Air Reserve Technician. Basically a reservist who does their reserve job full time as civilian while also fulfilling their one weekend a month / two weeks a year commitment in military status.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

SalTheBard posted:

Yea, a suspended bust for me!

An article 15 because I didn't sign off 2 checklists (first time missing checklists in 8 months,) and not making absolutely 100% certain my replacement had access to a computer system. Even though I told this E4 a dozen times to get it done.

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
The Chair Force

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
Like seriously in whatever paperwork shop you're in isn't not filling out checklists, losing paperwork, and making the completion of said paperwork impossible exactly what you're supposed to be doing? If everyone gets busted down every time you assclowns don't fill something out how does any paper pusher in the armed forces not wind up in Leavenworth

Lazy Reservist
Nov 30, 2005

FUBIJAR

SalTheBard posted:

A civilian impersonating a military member five days a week.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I thought it was talking about the logistic status system/SORTS replacement so I was terribly confused

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug

Lazy Reservist posted:

A civilian impersonating a military member five days a week.

I'd be happy being able to wear shorts during the summer and not having to shave every day. The mil pay thing is insane though. It's been 10 years this month since they made us put them on and I've heard our union is in contact with that arbitrator.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
Too bad we don't have a secret santa. I know at least two 'under other than good conditions' boys who'd love one of these

https://shop.oafnation.com/collections/blanket/products/dd-214-blanket?variant=undefined

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
GIP has had a secret santa thread for several years running.

Edit: You kind of have to include something a bit hosed up along with something good/thoughtful, though. Last year I got a 12" GI Joe figure that had a ceramic dick attached, and HDI sent someone a cow eyeball he found on amazon.

Edit2: He also sent Shim a loving pig fetus, also from amazon.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Teflon Don sent me a live grenade. The package was misdelivered to my neighbor. Good times were had by all.

Amazingly, it's legal where I live.

Edit: and he posted that he'd do it beforehand. Nobody took him seriously. So now, when he posts about sending a box of live tarantulas or w/e, we know what's going to happen.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Godholio posted:

GIP has had a secret santa thread for several years running.

Edit: You kind of have to include something a bit hosed up along with something good/thoughtful, though. Last year I got a 12" GI Joe figure that had a ceramic dick attached, and HDI sent someone a cow eyeball he found on amazon.

Edit2: He also sent Shim a loving pig fetus, also from amazon.

Yeah I got a pig fetus two years ago. I sent him boner pills and dick enlarging pills. "I'll blow the Deliveryman" was the name on the box I sent to him. I wound up leaving the pig fetus in a Miata that had its top down.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

I wound up leaving the pig fetus in a Miata that had its top down.

Thank you for your service. No sarcasm.

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school

Dinosaur Gum
I sent this to ElMaligno

It was kinda weird having to explain to someone what I wanted built. People don't often get custom made dick art orders

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
Did the arts and crafts shop happily oblige?

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school

Dinosaur Gum
Dunno, I had it done online through custommade.com.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

So apparently some SSgt emailed the entire Air Force by accident?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Oh, I hope so.

Edit: Honestly I'm pretty surprised that sort of thing doesn't happen more often, now that I think about it.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

shyduck posted:

So apparently some SSgt emailed the entire Air Force by accident?

lol Puerto Rican ANG

Lazy Reservist
Nov 30, 2005

FUBIJAR
Someone was supposed to set up an enlisted all distro for that Wing, but it ended up being enlisted all for the whole AF. RIP their inbox with all the auto replies and mailbox full messages.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Was it at least about a fundraiser or FOD walk?

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Godholio posted:

Was it at least about a fundraiser or FOD walk?

Worse, it was some FWD FWD FWD of a chief who found VALUABLE MENTORING RESOURCES THAT MUST BE DISSEMINATED AMONG THE TROOPS of the 151 AW in the PRANG

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

:perfect:

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Oh I had money on it being about a squadron pot luck where someone inevitably brings in their wife's delicious lumpia.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

http://www.af.mil/News/ArticleDisplay/tabid/223/Article/1006034/csaf-announces-cmsaf-18.aspx

CMSgt Kaleth Wright has been named as the next CMSAF. Currently the USAFE command chief

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

holocaust bloopers posted:

Oh I had money on it being about a squadron pot luck where someone inevitably brings in their wife's delicious lumpia.

Got a screen of it. Just a TEST TEST email, then an apology/explanation follow-up. Still funny as poo poo though.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

holocaust bloopers posted:

poo poo, I want to join that squadron. We just get twenty pounds of potato salad. Every goddamn time.

shyduck posted:

http://www.af.mil/News/ArticleDisplay/tabid/223/Article/1006034/csaf-announces-cmsaf-18.aspx

CMSgt Kaleth Wright has been named as the next CMSAF. Currently the USAFE command chief

I know nothing about CMSgt Wright, but he can only be an improvement.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
There's always one motherfucker who puts a ring on an AAFES broad. That's how you get pot luck lumpia.

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

It's the worst part of the Korean fallout of banning juicy bars. When all these dudes with fillipina wives retire who will bring the lumpia?

Knives Amilli
Sep 26, 2014
http://www.af.mil/News/ArticleDisplay/tabid/223/Article/1007644/air-force-promotions-eliminates-time-in-grade-time-in-service-points.aspx

I can see what they were aiming for but it sucks for non rear end kissers. Promotion now utterly hinges on how your chain/board sees you.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

lol good luck to all the E5's approaching HYT

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Knives Amilli posted:

http://www.af.mil/News/ArticleDisplay/tabid/223/Article/1007644/air-force-promotions-eliminates-time-in-grade-time-in-service-points.aspx

I can see what they were aiming for but it sucks for non rear end kissers. Promotion now utterly hinges on how your chain/board sees you.

A few months back, my last commander gave out our only "Must Promote" to a SSgt who was separating in two months, as a pat on the back. He had no deployments, no quarterly/annual awards. His rater didn't think he was better than his peers, and he wasn't recommended for MP by the SNCOs. He had no chance whatsoever of being promoted. The CC just liked him.

We had multiple (better) SSgts miss promotion this year by a couple points. They're pretty mutinous right now.

Belgian Waffle
Jul 31, 2006
gently caress yeah those are the exact kind of anecdotes I want to hear about.

Goatschach
Dec 25, 2006

Who watches the goatman?

Arc Light posted:

A few months back, my last commander gave out our only "Must Promote" to a SSgt who was separating in two months, as a pat on the back. He had no deployments, no quarterly/annual awards. His rater didn't think he was better than his peers, and he wasn't recommended for MP by the SNCOs. He had no chance whatsoever of being promoted. The CC just liked him.

We had multiple (better) SSgts miss promotion this year by a couple points. They're pretty mutinous right now.

To be fare, he did get promoted in the best way possible.

theman515
Feb 20, 2011
Does anyone that went through DLI actually like this place? This is my second exodus here and I can't wait to leave soon.

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Some things can't be unseen

theman515 posted:

Does anyone that went through DLI actually like this place? This is my second exodus here and I can't wait to leave soon.

The key is to be prior service, if you're a pipeline student your life is going to suck, sorry.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Softface posted:

The key is to be prior service, if you're a pipeline student your life is going to suck, sorry.

Same with any tech school. Shepherd was pretty cool the second go.

lite_sleepr fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Nov 22, 2016

standard.deviant
May 17, 2012

Globally Indigent

theman515 posted:

If it makes you feel better about DLI, Goodfellow is worse.

xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

standard.deviant posted:

If it makes you feel better about DLI, Goodfellow is worse.

At least as a linguist you're only there for a couple months? (I spent 10 months at Goodfellow and it was awful)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

standard.deviant
May 17, 2012

Globally Indigent

xsf421 posted:

At least as a linguist you're only there for a couple months? (I spent 10 months at Goodfellow and it was awful)
I'm not sure how long they are there now, but I was there for a bit over 6 months. Anyway yeah tech school is miserable pretty much anywhere you go. DLI is better than most.

• Locked thread