Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SirBukkake
Aug 24, 2006
Idk some black dude
I thought I would miss individual trainer encounter themes, but they made the perfect trainer encounter theme.

I hope that dope beat will be a staple like the pokemon center theme.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

I set fire to the rain watched it pour as I touched your face
I put a Buzzwole up in the gts in exchange for a Pheramosa and no one will trade me.

Is it because I named Buzzwole Hot Bugman?

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I caught a Pangoro by grinding sos battles on route 10 because 1: I wanted to catch something a little rare (5% chance to find pancham and he has to call in Pangoro ) and 2: pandas rule.

What's this guy's deal? How do I make my enemies fear the chub?

PantsBandit fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Nov 22, 2016

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
E: https://twitter.com/Kaphotics/status/801169166514286594

:siren: DO NOT SAVE IN POKEMON CENTERS OR THE BATTLE TREE :siren:

http://nintendoeverything.com/pokemon-sunmoon-pokemon-centers-battle-tree-causing-glitches-and-ruining-saves-for-some-players/

Of course since Lillie and Hau are always healing your Pokemon it's unlikely you did.

Dehry fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Nov 22, 2016

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

PantsBandit posted:

I caught a Pangorang by grinding sos battles on route 10 because 1: I wanted to catch something a little rare (5% chance to find pancham and he has to call in Pangorang) and 2: pandas rule.

What's this guy's deal? How do I make my enemies fear the chub?

i have no loving idea what you're talking about but more power to you gamer

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Is gamefreak good about patching Pokemon games? I feel like they're not but I don't actually know.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I like Lilie, I thought it was cute when I caught her pretending to be be a cool strong trainer like me when she thought I wasn't watching :3: also, I'm playing as a female trainer and the way she acts makes it seem like she has a crush on me and it's probably as gay as a Pokémon game is ever going to get.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

lillie is extremely good and my best friend

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Ruggington posted:

i have no loving idea what you're talking about but more power to you gamer

I wrote the wrong name but in my defense Pangorang is a much better name than Pangoro

Also I clearly am a pokemon novice

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Calaveron posted:

Is gamefreak good about patching Pokemon games? I feel like they're not but I don't actually know.

Oh man the patches for X&Y.

They had to patch in battle communication encryption and fix a save glitch in Lumiose. I forget what the others were.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Calaveron posted:

The 1.1 patch, which fixed the Lumoise City save glitch was released about 2 weeks after the game first released. They'll release a patch soon enough, just be mindful of where you save in the meantime.

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
Is there any way to affect the likelihood of what your Pokemon find in Poke Pelago? I'm swimming in Sun Stones and Everstones, but I'm really in the market for a Dawn Stone, and I want to know how long it's going to take them to dig one up for me.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
I've exclusively been saving in pokemon centers. Luckily no issues, so it's probably a specific center I didn't save in or something else weird triggers it. Or I have issues I do not know about.

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Reach WITH IN To your LOCAL cup and you may find A Friend And Boy...
What sort of level range can I expect to end the game at? I picked up a Vullaby at Route 3 early on and I want to know if I'll be able to evolve it before I'm finished with the game. Vullaby evolves at level 54.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I didn't know Mimikyu's ability going into the Ghost Trial, so I opened the battle using my Decidueye's brand new special Z-Power

That was pretty hilarious. Also that totem was a beast

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

red plastic cup posted:

What sort of level range can I expect to end the game at? I picked up a Vullaby at Route 3 early on and I want to know if I'll be able to evolve it before I'm finished with the game. Vullaby evolves at level 54.

The Elite 4 is ~55. I beat the game around 47 but I had EXP Share off the whole time and did little grinding/hunting for mons.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Krinkle posted:

The game won't let you play "find the foreigner" in your native tongue. It wouldn't be a language lesson if it did.

Ok well I didn't know what that was because I also haven't played yet but I want to, can you tell at all?! Sorry.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Dehry posted:

:siren: DO NOT SAVE IN POKEMON CENTERS OR THE BATTLE TREE :siren:

http://nintendoeverything.com/pokemon-sunmoon-pokemon-centers-battle-tree-causing-glitches-and-ruining-saves-for-some-players/

Of course since Lillie and Hau are always healing your Pokemon it's unlikely you did.

I saved in Pokemon Center, thankfully everything was okay after I loaded it. Got out of there quick.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

red plastic cup posted:

I used exp share and ended the game with all my guys at 58-60.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Hammerite posted:

Ok well I didn't know what that was because I also haven't played yet but I want to, can you tell at all?! Sorry.

They have got to be messing with you because I was able to do the English lesson with no issue.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

eonwe posted:

how is wishiwashi, I've had one sitting for a while and I don't particularly have a great water mon (poliwrath)

I don't play competitively much, and when I do it's just fooling around in randoms, but Wishiwashi is an absolute beast in the early-mid game campaign (where I'm at) and I assume he remains more than viable through the whole game.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

i know the type chart better than i know the english language

dont gently caress with me

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Beast Balls have a 5x capture rate when used on Ultra Beasts, and a 0.1x capture rate when used on anything else. Ultra Beasts have a catch rate multiplier of 0.6x if you're trying to catch them with something else.

https://twitter.com/SciresM/status/801128997279199232

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Nov 22, 2016

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

How does the ability Drizzle, which makes rain happen, help you get special SOS battles? I keep shuffling pelliper in and out and it keeps raining but this metapod only calls caterpies for help. I think it has to rain before I get into battle but the ability triggers after it decides I'm fighting, and getting re-enforced against, by not rain special guys?

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I really like a lot of things about sun and moon, especially the new mons, but do trainer battles ever get even slightly more difficult? 1-2 mons that are 5+ levels below my team when I've done no grinding, combined with the huge amount of exposition dumping, is making going through the game kinda tedious when I just want to fight dudes.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

The Shortest Path posted:

I really like a lot of things about sun and moon, especially the new mons, but do trainer battles ever get even slightly more difficult? 1-2 mons that are 5+ levels below my team when I've done no grinding, combined with the huge amount of exposition dumping, is making going through the game kinda tedious when I just want to fight dudes.

Turn off your XP share and set battles to Set instead of Rotation.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
There was a whole mall in the first town that I missed...

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Can alolan geodude call for a golem?

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mazerunner posted:

Same here. Do yourself a favor and go to the clothing store so you can buy some stunner shades.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

The Shortest Path posted:

Make a gimmicky team, and raise your pokemon from birth with EXP off. I'm finding a ton of battles involve me using potions and swapping through my whole team. My ghost team sometimes gets wrecked by a fast dark pokemon from a random trainer battle. It's more fun than the normal stomping I've done in every other game.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Trying to figure out how to set up my Ditto S.O.S. Battle team. I may be over-complicating it:

Phantump
Harvest
-Growth
-Forest's Curse
-Confide
-Reflect

This is the lead pokemon that the chump Ditto will copy, then this guy gets swapped in for a pokemon with a Leppa berry and Trick. Once the chump Ditto has harvest + leppa berry, switch in:

Pangoro
Scrappy
-False Swipe
-Work Up
-Brick Break
-Low Sweep

Work Up a couple times to make sure you always OHKO the Ditto coming in. It'll either be Normal or Dark/Fighting type so you'll be super effective against it. Scrappy so you can False Swipe/KO the Phantump eventually.

Whenever you quit the chain, bring back in Phantump to make your chained ditto a chump, bring back pangoro and false swipe it down, trick your original leppa berry back if you want, faint the original chump, and throw pokeballs any turn the new chained ditto doesn't call in a buddy.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Everyone post a picture of your pokeyman/pokeylady!

Gyre
Feb 25, 2007

I'm only like 15 hours in due to Amazon taking forever to deliver, so I'm still on Akala island, but I just gotta say that the fire trial is my favorite thing.

Also my Mudbray killed the Totem Salazzle in one go, which was immensely satisfying after the Wishiwashi terror.

cancerianmoth
Oct 18, 2012

Mazerunner posted:

I skipped it too without realizing it. Along with 10 Karat Hill or whatever that cave was called. I was gonna pick up some clothes at the mall but I love tanks and no way am I wasting 30k+ poke dollars on what they got! Do they think that I'm that I'm made of money.

I managed to get a decent rockruff and phantump. I didn't realize that you can hear it's cries while chumming around in memory hill. Its so cute! Unfortunately, both got taken out by critical hits so bye cute friends. That leaves Araquanid, Bewear and Toucannon which all have been bulldozing the competition. I did just catch a sandygast and looking at its stats and what it has already, it looks like it will fit nicely with the team. I'm hoping island 3 has some more things to fill my team.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Senerio posted:

Everyone post a picture of your pokeyman/pokeylady!

To the end of the rainbow, Hau. It's where we're meant to be.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Dr. Fetus posted:

Beast Balls have a 5x capture rate when used on Ultra Beasts, and a 0.1x capture rate when used on anything else. Ultra Beasts have a catch rate multiplier of 0.6x if you're trying to catch them with something else.

https://twitter.com/SciresM/status/801128997279199232
So what you're saying is, it's maximally pimp to have all non-UB pokemon in Beast Balls.

...is there a non-offensive word for "pimp" yet? It's 2016, but "swag" is way too trash to use.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I've got a single Beast Ball to catch Lunala with (when I get there). Wish me luck, thread.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

cancerianmoth posted:

I skipped it too without realizing it. Along with 10 Karat Hill or whatever that cave was called. I was gonna pick up some clothes at the mall but I love tanks and no way am I wasting 30k+ poke dollars on what they got! Do they think that I'm that I'm made of money.

I managed to get a decent rockruff and phantump. I didn't realize that you can hear it's cries while chumming around in memory hill. Its so cute! Unfortunately, both got taken out by critical hits so bye cute friends. That leaves Araquanid, Bewear and Toucannon which all have been bulldozing the competition. I did just catch a sandygast and looking at its stats and what it has already, it looks like it will fit nicely with the team. I'm hoping island 3 has some more things to fill my team.

Yeah the prices for clothes are so ridiculous compared to everything else in the game.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
https://twitter.com/KlownCar/status/801121010812653568

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
So far, I think my favorite thing about this gen is that all the paths are linear. I'm on the 4th island now, and I still haven't run into any caves that have like 50 switchbacks while you're pelted with Zubats every two steps. It's a nice change of pace from the old days of "Good luck finding Mewtwo in this cave without a guide, you dumb fucker."