Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This game is
This poll is closed.
Great! 180 32.61%
Awesome! 212 38.41%
Good! 160 28.99%
Total: 552 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

Oh no, a FInal Fantasy that can be finished in 15 hours if you rush through? That's inexcusable, no Final Fantasy w-

At least that's impossible to do in the PAL version unless you use glitches and open the PS1 cover because the PAL version runs 17.5% slower!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Mr. Fortitude posted:

At least that's impossible to do in the PAL version unless you use glitches and open the PS1 cover because the PAL version runs 17.5% slower!

Thus making the game better since it's longer.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Terper posted:

Thus making the game better since it's longer.

Exactly, Dragon Quest VII and Alien Isolation are the best games ever because of how long they are. Discounting MMOs of course. Then Final Fantasy XI and XIV are the best games ever because they're endless until the servers shut down.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Final Fantasy 15 times today I wished it came out this week so I could bliss out and play it over thanksgiving

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Super No Vacancy posted:

so what are you guys gonna spend your carbuncle surprise member points on. i can get the theatrhythm curtain call soundtrack which actually is not a bad consolation prize at all

also how do i get my cidney skin code

edit: it occurs to me those might just be the points from buying the fuckoff idiot version, actually

updated i was gonna get the curtain call soundtrack but they charge like $8 for shipping lol weak

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

ImpAtom posted:

Oh no, a FInal Fantasy that can be finished in 15 hours if you rush through? That's inexcusable, no Final Fantasy w-

gently caress eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeverything about this goddamn jpg

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

fivegears4reverse posted:

gently caress eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeverything about this goddamn jpg

If you think *that's* bad, you should see the insane people that go for 100% completion and Excalibur II. It involves literally memorizing the entire game, running through without gaining even a single bit of non-forced EXP, reloading saves if you hit too many random encounters in certain areas, etc. It's probably the most hosed up OCD game-related thing I've ever seen in my life. Then you have to go back after getting the sword and clear all of the optional stuff in the game that isn't time-gated.

Also I hope they end up releasing that sweet pre-order wallpaper later on, or have some similar Amano art ones. I like it a lot, but not enough to pre-order specifically through PSN for, especially since I'd like to have a physical copy. I'm sure I'll play the hell out of this game, but once I'm done I doubt it will be something I go back and replay, so might as well have the option to sell it off when I'm done. Even with my favorite games in the series I only get the urge to play them again every 2 or 3 years, and by then this game will be like $15 at Gamestop anyway.

Grizzled Patriarch fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Nov 23, 2016

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So what's the consensus from people who have played XV? Good game?

Pathos
Sep 8, 2000

RatHat posted:

It's FF15. They've been making it for 10 years. It stars a bad boyband. Of course it's the greatest game ever made -- how is this even a question?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

RatHat posted:

The only mass people that have played it are in brazil.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Will be on a three day mini holiday as of Tuesday.

Of course it's due to a Tuesday morning wisdom tooth extraction so we'll see just how much I feel like playing. :v:

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

FactsAreUseless posted:

I heard it's six hours long and the final boss is the video game Yar's Revenge.

Truly, a dish best served cold.

- Ignis probably

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

kalensc posted:

Of course it's due to a Tuesday morning wisdom tooth extraction so we'll see just how much I feel like playing. :v:

Take your pain pills and you will probably enjoy the game more than the kids and college students skipping class to play it.

Noirex
May 30, 2006

kalensc posted:

FFXV is best played highly medicated imo.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

RatHat posted:

It's a captivating trainwreck, and easily earns its place among all time great captivating trainwrecks in games, like sonic 2006 or star citizen

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

I think I remember interviews with the developers where they said there would be a way to limit your exp? Like an option or ability? Any early players come across that?

I don't want to power level while I'm taking my time exploring and I kinda feel like treating it Dark Souls style. Pump my levels up by 1 or 2 every now and then. Keep it challenging.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

RatHat posted:

It's a miniscule sample size but the jist so far is pretty nothing story but it's enjoyable to play.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Atomic Robo-Kid posted:

I think I remember interviews with the developers where they said there would be a way to limit your exp? Like an option or ability? Any early players come across that?

I don't want to power level while I'm taking my time exploring and I kinda feel like treating it Dark Souls style. Pump my levels up by 1 or 2 every now and then. Keep it challenging.

You can avoid resting, ever, unless forced to by the game. At the start of Judgment you topped out at 999 rest EXP that were to be accumulated upon resting. You can SL1 it I'm quite sure.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Didn't it force you to spend the night at a hotel as part of the story at the end of judgement disc? Can't remember if it did the exp tally though.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

bloodychill posted:

Final Fantasy 15 times today I wished it came out this week so I could bliss out and play it over thanksgiving

:same: At least I took next Wednesday off to give myself time to dive into the game once it's released, but knowing my luck Amazon/UPS won't deliver it until Wednesday evening. I also bought the Piggyback strategy guide to my collection, but I don't think I'll use it much until I'm deep into the game.

Here's a gameplay spoiler from the guide's listing on Amazon: There's a New Game+

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

LawfulWaffle posted:

Here's a gameplay spoiler from the guide's listing on Amazon: There's a New Game+

Excellent. Not really a spoiler if its outright listed on a store page.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!
Sounds like we should watch the movie Kingsglaive if we want a good heads up before starting the game from a story perspective, and it makes a lot more sense.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Prompto looks like he would smell like a dog that rolled around in some wet leaves.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Utnayan posted:

Sounds like we should watch the movie Kingsglaive if we want a good heads up before starting the game from a story perspective, and it makes a lot more sense.

The massive patch apparently adds the relevant scenes into the game as cutscenes so probably not.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

It was a fun little film regardless.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Atomic Robo-Kid posted:

Excellent. Not really a spoiler if its outright listed on a store page.

Hey, people can be sensitive this close to release. I lost my goddamn mind in the days leading up to MGSV:Phantom Pain and I had to hide out in the Imp Zone for a while because of spoilers in the main thread. This thread seems a little more conscientious about keeping the leaked details at a minimum.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)

Barudak posted:

The massive patch apparently adds the relevant scenes into the game as cutscenes so probably not.

It's strange because I vaguely recall Tabata saying Kingsglaive cutscenes would be some kind of a DLC upgrade most likely. But very cool if they're being added by default.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Kingsglaive is worth watching if you're on the fence. It deals with the events leading up to the beginning of FFXV and I thought the climactic battle sequence was very good. I still don't know about Ultros being in it, he came out of nowhere and I don't know if it's just a goof for the fans or if there was an explanation I didn't hear.

Guw
Jan 10, 2013

I think I want to get this game. Should I?

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Up to you. You could try the newish demo on the Japanese store and see if you like it

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Patchnote in detail included this line:

You can now shift forward in the field outside of battle.

The game is now significantly better than before.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Yesss. Every time I was running about in the demo I kept thinking "boy I wish I could just warp"

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

MrLonghair posted:

Woah, I thought it would never happen

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

MrLonghair posted:

I seem to remember you being able to do this in the original Duscae demo, but then it getting removed in Duscae 2.0. Or maybe you could warp to landmarks/warp points outside of battle? Or both?

Either way I'm very happy to hear it'll be in the final game.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Shift forward is fast travelling?

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

No shift just refers to the short distance warp move you can do.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Fast travel is already in the game. But you shouldn't do it because the bros talk during car rides.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Will this be released at midnight on Monday or Sunday midnight?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Will this be released at midnight on Monday or Sunday midnight?

Monday/Tuesday, not Sunday/Monday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

This has me real happy from the patch notes.

- A “Music Player” item has been added so that you can listen to your favorite songs while walking.

I guess the radio from when you drive around can extend to when you're on foot. Sounds great to me.

(Not really a spoiler but Id rather play it safe.)

• Locked thread