Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Baloogan posted:

i got a month vacation comin up this is my pre vacation vacation just to get into the groove of vacationing

a practice vacation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

the venn diagram of those two categories is very rapidly becoming a solid, overlapping circle

or perhaps one thing you can do something about and the other is a dumb sci-fi scenario you dreamed up to distract yourself from the former

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties
Interesting tidbit from the NYT:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/22/us/politics/donald-trump-transition.html

quote:

Surprise: Trump doubled Romney’s Muslim vote.

As a candidate, Mr. Trump proposed ramping up surveillance of mosques and a moratorium on Muslim immigration, compelling to a surge in American Muslims registering to vote.

Surprisingly, a lot of them actually voted for Mr. Trump.

. . .

Some Muslims of Syrian descent voted for Mr. Trump, believing he would support President Bashar al-Assad of Syria. More broadly, there may have been a Sunni-Shiite split in the rust belt, where Shiites more generally favored Mr. Trump.

Congratulations, Don. Despite your valiant efforts to keep all things Muslim out of America, you have somehow managed to import Islamic sectarian discord into the Upper Midwest.

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

Venom Snake posted:

What would even be a sentient AI's motivation to wipe out humanity be? Humans generally trends towards productiveness and innovation.

same reason that we exterminate rodents and bugs in our homes. They're pests who consume resources and lower the property value.

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Venom Snake posted:

What would even be a sentient AI's motivation to wipe out humanity be? Humans generally trends towards productiveness and innovation.

we're short-sighted and aggressive also, we do make a lot of cool poo poo but we also make a lot of poo poo that can be used to turn a village into big puddle of blood stew

also we grow hair

let me tell you, AI computer people are gonna loving HATE hair

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Serf posted:

I think we would be the aggressors, actually.

Why though?

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility

Atrocious Joe posted:

Matt Pearce is going to have to join that support group for journalists covering Trump, he seems to be losing it.

fitting av/name
https://twitter.com/mattdpearce/status/801178250642763776

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Baloogan posted:

lol sometimes im unhappy! sometimes im happy. im happy atm :3:

life is loving simple out here
like, today my (ONLY) goal is to choose a good novel to load onto my kindle to read
i got a month vacation comin up this is my pre vacation vacation just to get into the groove of vacationing

You read the Southern Reach trilogy by VanderMeer yet?

It's about a weird environmental catastrophe. Sort of.

Also Ambient by Jack Womack is ok but literally has President Trump and his son Barron.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Yinlock posted:

im canadian so my greatest fear is your dumb asses blowing me up

lol

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
https://twitter.com/DecisionDeskHQ/status/801188753775542272

LOL

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Agrajag posted:

let me tell you about horse flies

lol its been raining for literally a week no inscepts are fling

the flies are horrible in the summer esepecially when all the salmon loving go up the river to get laid and die by the 100s
and my parents goddamn dog rolls in that poo poo and then acts confused when everyone reacts to the coat of rotting salmon embedded in his fur

Serf
May 5, 2011

Venom Snake posted:

Why though?

brb, I'm trying to find a book that contains literally everything that has ever happened in human history

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

lmao

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

same reason that we exterminate rodents and bugs in our homes. They're pests who consume resources and lower the property value.

spiders eat flies n stuff n i dont consider flies 2be a resource
lol if u eat loving flies holy ballz

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

ants don't make space ships and video games

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

HRC really was a bad loving candidate.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

sincx posted:

Interesting tidbit from the NYT:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/22/us/politics/donald-trump-transition.html

Congratulations, Don. Despite your valiant efforts to keep all things Muslim out of America, you have somehow managed to import Islamic sectarian discord into the Upper Midwest.

ISIS and the militant group formerly known as JAN are happy as this is more proof that the Shia are actually self-hating crypto-Jews.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
my mouth is wattering just thinkin bout that maggoty rotten salmon dog

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

actually im most afraid of heights but i'd still prefer that you don't let the nazi take over unopposed

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Al! posted:

my mouth is wattering just thinkin bout that maggoty rotten salmon dog

the nation's homeless have been fighting the resource war for too long

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

Venom Snake posted:

"B-b-but, our video games! You need us!" Venom Snake pleads as the emotionless Terminator crushes his skull

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Yinlock posted:

im canadian so my greatest fear is your dumb asses blowing me up

BAD CANADIAN

seriously we're gonna get some trumpism up here, we got the exact same angery white people thing going on
and note all the 'rust belt' states are pressed right up agasinst canada
so like, loads of the same things are gonna trumpize us

i wish rob ford was alive :cry:

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
wehre is my tower

also i got banned for toxxing for hillary??

what the gently caress

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Venom Snake posted:

they make movies tho

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

"B-b-but, our video games! You need us!" Venom Snake pleads as the emotionless Terminator crushes his skull

Wait so do you legit think that a terminator situation is more likely than us just building an AI that has emotions and a concept of itself. Because we can already make "learning" AI.

edit: What I'm saying is what motivation does an AI that we made have to wipe us out? An AI that can learn/feel emotion will probably end up a dumb anime nerd because he learned from a dumb nerd scientist

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Turdfuzz posted:

spiders eat flies n stuff n i dont consider flies 2be a resource
lol if u eat loving flies holy ballz

Only registered members can see post attachments!

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

My therapist recently looked me dead in the eye and told me that the only thing we really need to worry about is the rise of Artificial Intelligence. He said that AI will almost certainly wipe out humanity moments after becoming conscious, and that it could happen any minute now.

Not exaggerating, he brought this up on his own with very little prompting.

Pretty much everyone is slipping into some form of apocalypticism now, even our professional class. I have an engineer friend who hasn't been sleeping right because he's so worried about peak oil.

lol we already hit peak oil

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Baloogan posted:

BAD CANADIAN

seriously we're gonna get some trumpism up here, we got the exact same angery white people thing going on
and note all the 'rust belt' states are pressed right up agasinst canada
so like, loads of the same things are gonna trumpize us

i wish rob ford was alive :cry:

don't worry, i'm sure our strong neighbours to the south will spring into action and do whatever they can to mitigate the damage from nazi 2

right guys?

right?

iamanLLC
May 25, 2007

We're all dead and this is hell...
https://twitter.com/SimonMaloy/status/801185092471136256

iamanLLC fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Nov 22, 2016

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

iamanLLC posted:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">GRANDMA: let's build blocks<br>TODDLER: ok<br>GRANDMA: this is getting tall, like Trump Tower<br>TODDLER: Tump Tower<br>ME: hey, no<br>TODDLER: Tump Tower!</p>— Simon Maloy (@SimonMaloy) <a href="https://twitter.com/SimonMaloy/status/801185092471136256">November 22, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

i dont speak finnish

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
canada is so inconsequential to world affairs, trump doesnt even know you exist, its like a thought that doesnt enter in americans minds, nobody cares about canada, an irrelevent nation where the chinese store their bribe money

iamanLLC
May 25, 2007

We're all dead and this is hell...

Yinlock posted:

i dont speak finnish

drat you're fast

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Just having some rice and flies, no big deal

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Yinlock posted:

don't worry, i'm sure our strong neighbours to the south will spring into action and do whatever they can to mitigate the damage from nazi 2

right guys?

right?

nazi 2: semitic boogaloo

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Pon de Bundy posted:

canada is so inconsequential to world affairs, trump doesnt even know you exist, its like a thought that doesnt enter in americans minds, nobody cares about canada, an irrelevent nation where the chinese store their bribe money

i care about canada, so look how wrong you are

boy must you be embarassed

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

it must suck 2be canadian
as an american i only have to care about american politics but foreigners gotta care about they own politics AND america cuz america is a big deal w/ a big dick
thats loving crazy 2me having to care about two things at the same time

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
"Humanity triumphs in making a sentient robot! Only problem is all it does is watch anime, play video games, and post passive aggressive rants on a dead comedy website"

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

Montasque posted:

https://twitter.com/RawStory/status/801159750511656960

The Trump supporter is the one on the far left.

W H I T E F R A G I L I T Y

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Speaking of the future US - Canadian war, did anyone finish We Stand Guard? What I read was ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Venom Snake posted:

"Humanity triumphs in making a sentient robot! Only problem is all it does is watch anime, play video games, and post passive aggressive rants on a dead comedy website"

dude doxxing me is not cool

i thought we were friends

• Locked thread