Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

cursedshitbox posted:

yea, its a marital aid.

Haha... I just don't want him to use it to tape glasses to his face or something, it's 100mph tape, so the results might be a lot funnier in the thread than they would be to him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
GETTIN REAL TACTICAL UP IN HURR

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

14 BAR RIFF posted:

OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD

WHAT'S THE THE BOX ENVELOPE?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Rhyno posted:

WHAT'S THE THE BOX ENVELOPE?

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
MUY BRILLANTE!!

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Haha, did someone pony up for this or did streamlight respond to my email with more than the 'thank you' form letter RE I got from them?

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

14 BAR RIFF posted:

GETTIN REAL TACTICAL UP IN HURR

Dear lord. I'm glad I'm not you when you decide to remove that. :v:

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

The Locator posted:

Dear lord. I'm glad I'm not you when you decide to remove that. :v:
At least he missed his eyebrows!

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

angryrobots posted:

Haha, did someone pony up for this or did streamlight respond to my email with more than the 'thank you' form letter RE I got from them?

Well I didn't buy it and it came direct from streamlight :v: I kicked it to Danno for all his help so far and his generously providing of shelter

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

I got one of those little fuckers for my buddy for christmas last year after seeing how much abuse your streamlights suffered. Its quite skookum, but does run through batteries fairly quickly despite being LEDs.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I have one of those for work, and I gotta say I like just swapping out batteries rather than recharging a drat flashlight call me old fashioned I guess.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Buick 215?

Timbo
Jun 18, 2005

He was just another drifter who broke the law!
From now on I am going to use "14" as a verb.

Boss: lovely cold conditions out there....

Me: Nah I will just 14 it.

Boss: What?

Me: You will never understand.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Timbo posted:

From now on I am going to use "14" as a verb.

Boss: lovely cold conditions out there....

Me: Nah I will just 14 it.

Boss: What?

Me: You will never understand.

quote:

They got a term for those guys. They call ‘em section 14, or fourteens behind their back. The guys who shouldn’t have made it, but somehow did. The guys who really went into the poo poo.

I mean they’re still people, you know? But man, just sometimes, sometimes I dunno….

http://seatsafetyswitch.com/post/135914886597/they-got-a-term-for-those-guys-they-call-em

Timbo
Jun 18, 2005

He was just another drifter who broke the law!

Right on.

Keep grabbing life by the balls Riff. Fortune favors the bold.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Well I didn't buy it and it came direct from streamlight :v: I kicked it to Danno for all his help so far and his generously providing of shelter

This was the email to streamlight:

quote:

A friend of mine is on-site in a field in the middle of Nebraska right now, working on an old truck he's attempting to get going and drive home.

Last night he had some bad luck, his old Jeep that he drove there had a gas leak that ended up burning the truck to the ground. Hot enough it melted the aluminum intake.

This morning he was sifting through the charred debris and found, completely intact and functional, his Streamlight Stylus Pro. Needless to say, he is beyond impressed.

I'm forwarding the pictures he sent me, and his contact information.

David Blomquist

His current location for the next couple weeks still working on his new, old, truck:

Djdanno estate
Valentine NE 69201

Attached were the pictures of the charred jeep, and the streamlight.

Email reply from streamlight:

quote:

Thank you for taking the time to write of your experience with Streamlight products. Streamlight is committed to providing the best possible products on the market as we know folks like you depend on them on a daily basis. Please let us know if we can assist you with anything Streamlight related. Please visit our website regularly for updates on all Streamlight products at https://www.streamlight.com

Regards,
Rob

I didn't expect anything with the copy/pasted reply. Maybe they really liked your fb video.

Thanks Rob.

angryrobots fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Nov 22, 2016

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

drat, I need to go burn up a Jeep so I can get a free flashlight, too!

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Holy loving poo poo this thread is starting to get sponsorships

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

angryrobots posted:

I didn't expect anything with the copy/pasted reply. Maybe they really liked your fb video.

Thanks Rob.

decent chance rob is an rear end in a top hat but someone else reads the email queue instead of actually responding to mail and understood on a level rob never will

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Those things are loving great. Got one for Christmas a couple years ago and use it for everything at work.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

mod saas posted:

decent chance rob is an rear end in a top hat but someone else reads the email queue instead of actually responding to mail and understood on a level rob never will

Or Rob isn't allowed allowed to reply with the weight of the company behind him and talked to Sally in promotions to see if they could send something out on a "mislaid" promotion.

E: the Streamlight reps I've interacted with have all been outstanding folks, with a knowledge the doesn't come from shilling for the guys that write their paycheck, but an actual love for their product.

EE: found one of those AAA Streamlights sticking up in the bowels of the avionics wire bundles of a helicopter, and it worked and didn't interfere with poo poo probably months after it got lost by the operator that owned it dropping it down there.

spookykid fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Nov 22, 2016

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

14 - regarding the warm undies, got an email notification that the shipping was delayed, but looks like it should still arrive today by 8pm.

quote:

Sioux Falls, SD, United States 11/22/2016 5:56 A.M. Arrival Scan
11/22/2016 5:55 A.M. A late flight has caused a delay. We're adjusting plans and working to deliver your package as quickly as possible. / Your shipment is scheduled to arrive today after the delivery commitment time.

kzersatz
Oct 13, 2012

How's it the kiss of death, if I have no lips?
College Slice
Found this thread three days ago, holy poo poo is been a wild ride.

You gents are doing loving amazing work, wish I could help besides moral support and waiting for the next request for poo poo.
F5's for days.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Deteriorata posted:

drat, I need to go burn up a Jeep so I can get a free flashlight, too!

I cant reccomend this enough

e:

kzersatz posted:

Found this thread three days ago, holy poo poo is been a wild ride.

You gents are doing loving amazing work, wish I could help besides moral support and waiting for the next request for poo poo.
F5's for days.

If you just found this and read through here, check out the sister thread too :v:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3787174

kzersatz
Oct 13, 2012

How's it the kiss of death, if I have no lips?
College Slice
14", found that guy first, followed for the odd rear end cars, stayed for the spider eggos and not so manifesto, manifesto of getting poo poo together for you, big loving props to pulling it all out of your rear end like that... I made the drive from Bellingham to Ohio in July, drove a hunk of what you did in one day, that Jeeps dying wish was to get you to Nebraska, I swear those loving mountains were savage for a pickup...

You guys need some warm coats? I have a few lingering that I can ship out there.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I'm all set on coats, thank you for the offer. Cheap storable food is a good idea for right now though, doesnt need to be as fancy as that bucket stuff but food and nicotine supplies are running low. Gas too, I walked into town because the Jimmy decided either I smoke or I get gas to drive back haha and nicotine is a harsh bitch of a mistress. Currently warming up at the library

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Hey 14, are there any inventory gaps we can help with? I'm not a very intuitive person.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
P much non perishable food smokes and gas is all I need for the Jimmy. Tools truck supplies etc all handled

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp
What's the easiest way to give gas$?

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

angryrobots posted:

Thanks Rob.

Is this forum open to non-members at the moment?

If so, you should send them a link.

I certainly now have a good opinion of Streamlight based entirely on The Cleansing of the Jeep and their response and it will go to the top of my list when I need a proper torch.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Vim Fuego posted:

What's the easiest way to give gas$?

PayPal does 1 day transfers now tyranid05@hotmail.com

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

14 BAR RIFF posted:

PayPal does 1 day transfers now tyranid05@hotmail.com

Tyranid? I took you more for an Ork player.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
Custom crossmember, right? Looks awesome!

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
No see I'm a Digga who plays nids. But my alternate list was Word Bearers.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
I don't know SBCs but goddamn those plug locations do not look easy to access without taking manifolds off.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

With the stock manifold they were incredibly easy to change out. Even when it was still in the van.

The headers might make that a bit more difficult however.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Headers? Why are you putting nice parts on this pig? Save up for the detroit 2-stroke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

It's the only way to make it fit and clear the steering shaft.

• Locked thread