Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tensai
May 8, 2007

Just trying to keep my boyfriend away from that redheaded harlot.
Does Bully or Red Dead Revolver still hold up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

tensai posted:

I think they both hold up well with the caveat of "for their era." Bully in particular is blatantly a PS2-era game in a way that can feel very very rough.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
Bully is also The Best Rockstar Game so if you can muscle through some regressive but not outright terrible camera and controls you should because it's a good game.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

RichterIX posted:

Bully is also The Best Rockstar Game so if you can muscle through some regressive but not outright terrible camera and controls you should because it's a good game.
Yeah, I agree on all counts. Screw Red Dead 2, give me Bully 2 instead :colbert:

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

LawfulWaffle posted:

Yeah, you sound like me and my advice would be to save your money. Motto's not joking about the bathhouse scene, either. They can't wait to disrobe your teen girl team "for laughs".

to be fair, it's anime fanservicey as all hell, but it's literally just a scene where they take a bath in a barrel and nothing else

they don't senran kagura it

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

tensai posted:

Bully holds up ok but i lost interest half way through. it feels a bit repetitive
Read Dead is a series of arena gun battles strung together with a little story in between so you may find that boring or love it.

really the best rockstar ps2 game available is warriors bar none.
it feels pretty timeless. looks and sounds and plays good. just a great game. plus its couch co-op

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

with my 10 pro bucks i just got hitman for 17 dollars

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Just got Hitman. I forgot there would be flash sales but more than half off is good enough for me.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I'm kind of... neutral? Potentially? I don't hate it.

Neptunia will do nothing but irritate you. You will have the same reaction as I had:

Start of the game: the gently caress am I looking at, what is happening, why did I buy this
Two hours in: Oh! I get it, it's kind of like satire, everything is about the games industry and games culture and...okay, cool, I get it.
three hours in: And y'know, the gameplay isn't even terrible either, I kind of like...
Ten hours in: This is the stupidest loving thing I have ever subjected myself to. Why am I playing this? How long have I been playing this why did I spend so much time
Twelve hours in: *at this point the disc has been thrown into the laundry basket and the box is burning in a coffee can.*

It's stupid, and it's so middlingly fun that there's no gameplay incentive to play. You would be wasting any amount of money you spend on it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i enjoy neptunia very much but only in .gif form. some of those spells or summons or whatever have animations that are hilarious

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Does anyone know why the individual hitman episodes add up to cheaper than the season 1 bundle? Even at full price...

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

wa27 posted:

Does anyone know why the individual hitman episodes add up to cheaper than the season 1 bundle? Even at full price...

The season 1 bundle also has two extra missions (plus one still unreleased), which are different missions on modified versions of existing maps (one in Italy where the city is retooled for a superhero movie being filmed, and the other in Marrakesh at night). They are somewhere between the tutorial missions and the full missions in scope. Currently they're season pass only, although they'll be sold separately once all three are available.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

wa27 posted:

They don't. Episode 1 is $7.50 while the 5 other episodes are $5 each. Season pass is $30 so you save $2.50

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

univbee posted:

The season 1 bundle also has two extra missions (plus one still unreleased), which are different missions on modified versions of existing maps (one in Italy where the city is retooled for a superhero movie being filmed, and the other in Marrakesh at night). They are somewhere between the tutorial missions and the full missions in scope. Currently they're season pass only, although they'll be sold separately once all three are available.

which file do i need to grab for those? when you buy the game you only start downloads on the tutorial and paris and i waded through to find all the other files that were changed to "free" after purchase but i think i missed the alternate missions.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

glam rock hamhock posted:

They don't. Episode 1 is $7.50 while the 5 other episodes are $5 each. Season pass is $30 so you save $2.50

Oh, I thought there were only 5 episodes, not 6. The store sale page lists ep. 1 for $7.50 and then episodes 2, 3, 4, and 5 for $5 so it was a little confusing.

Edit: ep 6 is listed but they were sorted by popularity so it was apart from the others.

SwiftStrikerInc
Feb 5, 2002
[img]platypus[/img] The platypus stands as a testament to my own stupidity
Is AC: Unity ($12) or AC: Syndicate ($15) worth while? I've played through, and enjoyed, most of the other AC games, last I played was Black Flag

Dr Sun Try
May 23, 2009

Plaster Town Cop
syndicate yes, unity no

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

against my better judgement i'm looking forward to the reveal of the egypt asscreed next year i want to see what those 20,000 devs (from diverse backgrounds) could do when they aren't under the gun to produce in 12 month cycle

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The same old Ubisoft poo poo I'd imagine

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Real hurthling! posted:

against my better judgement i'm looking forward to the reveal of the egypt asscreed next year i want to see what those 20,000 devs (from diverse backgrounds) could do when they aren't under the gun to produce in 12 month cycle

As someone who has only played Black Flag, I actively avoided the comparatively dull story missions as much as possible in favor of pirate stuff and even then I got bored after 15ish hours. The fact that Black Flag is nevertheless regarded as one of the series' best offerings makes me highly suspect of every other Assassin's Creed game.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Does the PS+ discount stack with the 10% off?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Arbite posted:

Does the PS+ discount stack with the 10% off?

The 10% applies to your cart total, which would have the "discounted" prices already so you get a further 10% off on that.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

MeatwadIsGod posted:

As someone who has only played Black Flag, I actively avoided the comparatively dull story missions as much as possible in favor of pirate stuff and even then I got bored after 15ish hours. The fact that Black Flag is nevertheless regarded as one of the series' best offerings makes me highly suspect of every other Assassin's Creed game.

yeah i haven't liked any of them since the second version of 2 but i'm still intrigued for some bad reason

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Dr Sun Try posted:

syndicate yes, unity no
This is correct. Just buy the base for Syndicate though. It's perhaps a bit better than Black Flag but isn't cross-gen.

Unity is horrible hell trash and utterly skippable.

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe
Counterpoint: Unity isn't that awful. The setting is great, the story is serviceable, and the missions are for the most part pretty fun. They removed a whole heap of bullshit that it launched with, including some companion app bullshit.

The world map is almost unusable though. So many loving chests. Holy poo poo.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
So that discount code that was posted, does that work in the EU store too, or just the US one?

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Syndicate is great, loved doing all the fist fighting arenas with Evie.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

graventy posted:

Counterpoint: Unity isn't that awful. The setting is great, the story is serviceable, and the missions are for the most part pretty fun. They removed a whole heap of bullshit that it launched with, including some companion app bullshit.

The world map is almost unusable though. So many loving chests. Holy poo poo.
Counter-counterpoint: play Rogue instead if you can.

For Unity, I'll give the setting had potential and the game was quite pretty. The plot, characters, dialogue combat and structure of any non-assassination mission were all worse than AC3.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I've only ever played Black Flag and only then because it was one of the few close to launch titles for PS4. I mean it wasn't the worst game ever but it just seemed kinda ubisoft bland and I don't know how people play that game yearly over and over again.

The pirate ship stuff was kind of a nice touch though.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Does the Dishonored: Definitive Version have all the DLC included as well?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Does the Dishonored: Definitive Version have all the DLC included as well?

Yep

It also makes you massively overpowered early on :v:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

lol the trailer for Darksiders HD on the store is literally just the pre-rendered intro sequence and shows you nothing of how the game looks, bets are on 15 fps like the PS4 port of 2.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

univbee posted:

The 10% applies to your cart total, which would have the "discounted" prices already so you get a further 10% off on that.

Thank you!

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
I was considering getting Star Wars Battlefronts because $10 for shallow nostalgic pew pew seems about right...then I realized that's the base game and the million things they added later are either in individual $15 map packs or the still-full-priced season pass :laffo:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Wolfsheim posted:

I was considering getting Star Wars Battlefronts because $10 for shallow nostalgic pew pew seems about right...then I realized that's the base game and the million things they added later are either in individual $15 map packs or the still-full-priced season pass :laffo:
Yeah but no one actually plays any of that junk, just like with Battlefield's season pass bullshit.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

homeless snail posted:

Yeah but no one actually plays any of that junk, just like with Battlefield's season pass bullshit.

but wasnt the main knock on the game at launch that there was an extreme lack of modes and maps?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Sakurazuka posted:

lol the trailer for Darksiders HD on the store is literally just the pre-rendered intro sequence and shows you nothing of how the game looks, bets are on 15 fps like the PS4 port of 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9Pzq9_iM7Y

lol the audio

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Is PSN down for anyone else?

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Wolfsheim posted:

If it helps, the season pass actually was reduced to a price of $30.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

omg chael crash posted:

Is PSN down for anyone else?

it was working for me but most of my friend list was offline last night and they tweeted that people were having connection issues

• Locked thread