Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26i6AkFrV5g&t=10s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I'm dying of boredom. Thanksgiving break sucks.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Avshalom posted:

pictured: the prize

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Arrgytehpirate posted:

do my math homework

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Eat drink and tell your aunt how dumb it was to vote for trump

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Volkerball posted:

do my math homework
he's probably the only person itt less qualified than you

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

http://i.imgur.com/cWkuCJT.gifv

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
kalstrams is that you

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Avshalom posted:

kalstrams is that you
rude

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/cnn-slammed-for-running-if-jews-are-people-headline-a7432146.html
hmm

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2016/11/21/national/man-admits-stealing-wallet-company-president-job-interview/#.WDLtA4lBCEd

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
State finally agreed to send aid that they were suppose to send this quarter to bad I already had to take out a loan to cover it

Decided to say gently caress everything and apply for this Masters Program in Disability Organization and Studies

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Legitimately impressed someone's worse at rapping than juggalos.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i was sitting down, working away, when i had a sudden epiphany about my upcoming thanksgiving. i invited two people who loathe each other without thinking about it and now i'm going to be hosting world war 3

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-agl0pOQfs

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

i was sitting down, working away, when i had a sudden epiphany about my upcoming thanksgiving. i invited two people who loathe each other without thinking about it and now i'm going to be hosting world war 3

Wow obama and putin get the invite but not me???

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

i suddenly feel all my friends are inadequate.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

Would you mind live posting?

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!

rear end struggle posted:

I feel like a lot of it, in undergrad at least, is just rushing assignments and not actually actively reading what you write.

Like im sure these kids can write, they just haven't bothered too.

some of that's it but some of it is also that they just haven't practiced writing enough to be good at it

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Wow obama and putin get the invite but not me???

they bring better alcohol

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

a person who didn't read much in their childhood and always put in the bare minimum of effort when writing essays in primary and secondary school will probably not write well in college either

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

yes, thanks, thanks for having me. it's really so good to be here. i could've gone anywhere, believe me. i talk to people all the time and they tell me donald, you ought to swing by my thanksgiving party, it's gonna be bigly. really just spectacular. and you know i'd love to go to them all, b....my god, is that rosie o'donnell. what's that fat cow doing here.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Volkerball posted:

yes, thanks, thanks for having me. it's really so good to be here. i could've gone anywhere, believe me. i talk to people all the time and they tell me donald, you ought to swing by my thanksgiving party, it's gonna be bigly. really just spectacular. and you know i'd love to go to them all, b....my god, is that rosie o'donnell. what's that fat cow doing here.

i would never invite donald because i bet he tries to unload a bunch of trump steak on you, like just cases of it

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

I used to think I was a bad writer then I realized I've probably written like 20 books by now if you combine all the chatting I've done online throughout my life.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I used to think I was a bad writer then I realized I've probably written like 20 books by now if you combine all the chatting I've done online throughout my life.

john grisham has written more than 20 books and he's a bad writer

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
There's like 2 or 3 good ones.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Disinterested posted:

in every exam i took at a university level someone broke down and sobbed and left the room long before time

if they were a historian they were probably the lone person that failed in a given year

i only saw that happen once during a modern algebra final

the first day of class the prof started by saying if you work harder than you ever have in your entire life you might get a c and some dude just said "welp seeya" and walked right out

someone in the department office told me that roughly 3/4 of students wind up taking that class more than once

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Chelb posted:

a person who didn't read much in their childhood and always put in the bare minimum of effort when writing essays in primary and secondary school will probably not write well in college either

do they still force kids to use the 5 paragraph essay format in grade school because that's probably the biggest impediment to writing well

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

The Muppets On PCP posted:

i only saw that happen once during a modern algebra final

the first day of class the prof started by saying if you work harder than you ever have in your entire life you might get a c and some dude just said "welp seeya" and walked right out

someone in the department office told me that roughly 3/4 of students wind up taking that class more than once

if you can't effectively teach even half the class the material at a passing level that seems like you're poo poo at your job

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

The Muppets On PCP posted:

do they still force kids to use the 5 paragraph essay format in grade school because that's probably the biggest impediment to writing well

Definitely

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

i have some nature photos dadchat

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
lol at the looming construction crane

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

(spot the birb)

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

lol at the looming construction crane

sometimes i see a crane, or maybe an egret? flying around really far away. If I had a better camera i would take a photo of both and it would be a play of contrasts

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

if you can't effectively teach even half the class the material at a passing level that seems like you're poo poo at your job

abstract algebra as a subject historically has had a high first time failure rate and it's been a topic of concern for a long time

the vast majority pass it on the second try but it's a problem

The Muppets On PCP fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Nov 23, 2016

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Chelb posted:

sometimes i see a crane, or maybe an egret? flying around really far away. If I had a better camera i would take a photo of both and it would be a play of contrasts

you can tell if it's an egret because the head is held up and tight in flight, with the neck seeming to almost double back, it's very reminiscent of the prow of a ship

cranes will have their long necks extended straight out with the head in line with the body

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

you can tell if it's an egret because the head is held up and tight in flight, with the neck seeming to almost double back, it's very reminiscent of the prow of a ship

cranes will have their long necks extended straight out with the head in line with the body

Oh then i guess it's an egret. darn. my visual puns, ruined

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

These are my favorite photos i took today

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

There was a real lord of the flies moment going on in a resaca near some apartments

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

And, finally, flowers:

• Locked thread