Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

this is primarily a war being fought on behalf of two 70-year-olds, one who talks about 'the cyber' like it's one of those 80s neon grids full of three-dimensional shapes and the other who leaked state secrets because she couldn't stop loving installing Bonzi buddy and setting her password to "password", by lickspittles not much better informed about anything actually useful

Is your troll gimmick just posting random nonsense about Hillary?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Condiv posted:

well, he already declined one position offered by trump, so i'm more looking forward to the "no really i'm not interested leave me alone trump" followed by trump offering carson the vp slot

don't stop i'm almost there

Confounding Factor
Jul 4, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Oh dear God. Please tell me Palin isn't also in the running for top pick as secretary of the interior?

Even if you think Trump isn't terrible, the people around him are total shitbags. He's going to be around the worst advisers who he'll listen to since he doesn't have a clue what he's doing. Nope, not giving Trump "a chance".

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Main Paineframe posted:

I don't think the election was stolen by hacking or something, but it'd be real nice for the legitimacy of our democracy if we enforced even basic cybersecurity controls on our voting machines, IMO

oddly enough, i (mostly) agree with you. i do think that republicans would be willing to hack machines to push elections their way. i mean they're already trying to reverse legitimate election results in public, why wouldn't they be in for a little vote fuckery?

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Pollyanna posted:

It looks like the juicy poo poo re: the Trump presidency dumpster fire is gonna be slooooow going. I wish there was more insane poo poo going on. I want to see it collapse like a mother.
Yeah, I mean, we're already negative two months into the Trump presidency. What's taking so long?

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
JFC

https://twitter.com/Independent/status/801147316296159232

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
No loving way.

Confounding Factor
Jul 4, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Are you loving serious? LOL holy poo poo.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
ok that has to be them trolling and it's pretty funny

1337JiveTurkey
Feb 17, 2005

HannibalBarca posted:

Michigan has all-paper ballots so that would be quite a trick for Putin to pull off.

Optically scanned ballots are sent to a tabulation server typically run by the county elections office. In the case of Diebold (such as those used in the state of Georgia) this server is likely still running Windows 2003 and the tabulated ballots are stored in Microsoft Access. It's theoretically secure so long as it's never connected to the Internet and no unauthorized storage media are connected to the server but there's a lot of counties out there to violate such a policy.

I don't think that this will plausibly change the results of the election but from a technical perspective this is well within the capabilities of a nation state given ANY failures to maintain security policy by ANY county elections officials.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

We're through the looking glass here folks.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
When can we finally lose all hope for the government?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I want Civil War: Election Boogalo to happen now.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

he did it, America is great again, god bless America

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Juggalos throwing literal poo poo at her trailer and booing her off the stage seems more just now.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

what the loving gently caress

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
So if the cybersecurity experts aren't talking about this on the record, then who leaked? Someone from Clinton's team?

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Nearly as overlooked as Joe Mauer

No worries Ben Carson has seen all 8 seasons of house.

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

Dr. Angela Ziegler posted:

Juggalos throwing literal poo poo at her trailer and booing her off the stage seems more just now.

Then when you dig through wikipedia you find out that apparently she began to believe she was the reincarnation of hitler after suffering a brain aneurysm. And, like everything else this election, once you see people as a cause and effect of their circumstances everything just keeps getting more depressing. All is vanity indeed.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Someone had to explain to Trump that Bill Cosby was not available to head the agency that will now be in charge of telling people to pull up their pants

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
Thought experiment: What would happen if we found out that fascist/supremacist tendencies were caused by a gene or a mental disorder?

God of Evil Cows
Feb 23, 2007

Let this be our final battle!
On the subject of voter fraud, I stumbled across this article the other day and I wanted to know what the goon hive mind thought of it.

"Greg Palast posted:

So, voting rights attorney Robert Fitrakis was thrilled to learn that many of Ohio’s voting machines would, for this election, have a brand-new anti-hacking capability. The computers could now take a photo of every voter card loaded in, time stamp each marking, and keep the images in an order that allows an audit and recount.

But there’s one thing wrong with the new tamper-proof voting machines. “They’ve decided to TURN OFF the security.”

What? In 2004, Ohio’s “push-and-pray” machines produced suspect tallies that won President George W. Bush’s re-election victory over Sen. John Kerry — although Kerry had a comfortable lead in exit polls. And in this year’s contest, the FBI has raised fears of fiddling these machines by Russian hackers.

Yet, the Republican Secretary of State of Ohio, Jon Husted, is allowing county officials to simply turn off these security functions — with no explanation as to why.

I'm not familiar with Greg Palast and I have no idea how trustworthy his reporting is, but this seems really sketchy if it is indeed true, especially given the questions surrounding the 2004 Ohio election results.

God of Evil Cows fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Nov 23, 2016

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Dr. Angela Ziegler posted:

Remember that she started acting out like that after she had suffered a stroke and some brain damage. It's a pretty peculiar neurological pathology.

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

I know there are concerns about an overturn causing civil war etc, but what happens if they really did steal the election and utterly get away with it? Why wouldn't they keep doing it forever?

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

What in the loving what

I'm dizzy someone hold me

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Tir McDohl posted:

I know there are concerns about an overturn causing civil war etc, but what happens if they really did steal the election and utterly get away with it? Why wouldn't they keep doing it forever?

Who's 'they'?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Them

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

God of Evil Cows posted:

On the subject of voter fraud, I stumbled across this article the other day and I wanted to know what the goon hive mind thought of it.

I'm not familiar with Greg Palast and I have no idea how trustworthy his reporting is, but this seems really sketchy if it is indeed true, especially given the questions surrounding the 2004 Ohio election results.

Palast is a firebrand "New Deal was good but didn't go far enough" leftie who spent the last 15 years chronicling the downfall of the middle class, and of the kind that really dislikes how Obama made the Dems complacent and pro-war. Think Michael Moore, only more overtly aggressive.

I like his books.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Jerry Falwell as EdSec would be a loving disaster, way worse than Michelle Rhee or anyone else

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.
reminder that a higer % evangelicals voted for trump than anyone else this century lmao

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

it's frankly a wonder they didn't take over the political system sooner

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
So just for some perspective, how weird and insane were Reagan's team by the standards of the time? Because everything we've been hearing sounds spectacularly bad, and I just want to know how precedented it all is.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Carlosologist posted:

Jerry Falwell as EdSec would be a loving disaster, way worse than Michelle Rhee or anyone else
Yeah, but Americans really hate education, so it seems appropriate to have someone who reflects the will of the people.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I need a better source than that before I freak out.

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

God of Evil Cows posted:

Sephyr posted:

Palast is a firebrand "New Deal was good but didn't go far enough" leftie who spent the last 15 years chronicling the downfall of the middle class, and of the kind that really dislikes how Obama made the Dems complacent and pro-war. Think Michael Moore, only more overtly aggressive.

I like his books.

He can be a little conspiratorial and tin-foil hat at times but he puts out legit stuff, yeah. Even if they come across as trying to be Hunter S. Thompson a little too hard. His book on vulture capitalism is a good one.

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Russians or Republicans

LiterallyTheWurst
Feb 5, 2015

Sendik's Original
After this election, am I more than qualified to teach Communion class at my local High School.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Oh my god I'm so hosed.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
The Independent UK, always on the pulse of US Presidential scoops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Trump, please don't. Anything but this!

• Locked thread