Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
Would someone be able to trade me a Litten? The Euro version of the game just dropped, and I want to use one alongside Rowlet (as I really like both). Its just for the single player campaign, so I'm not too concerned about stats.

FC - 4098-6100-5219

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Txn posted:

This is the first time I ever use a Munchlax, they are so cute

The Happy Hour + Amulet Coin combo really gets you a lot of money. I bring my Snorlax to every trainer battle.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I want a Thick Club for my Marowak bro. What has Compoundeyes and can learn Thief, or is there a better way to farm one?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Clarste posted:

I'm just annoyed at Fetus in particular. Everyone else was caught in the crossfire so sorry, but seriously, that was a terrible answer to a simple question.

It came up in the natural flow of conversation.

Oh uh, sorry about that. Force of habit on explaining what they do. Also I legitimately forgot about the level 100 requirement. :v:

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I want a Thick Club for my Marowak bro. What has Compoundeyes and can learn Thief, or is there a better way to farm one?

Butterfree comes to mind.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Hivac posted:

i too make multiple angry posts about a vaguely confusing answer instead of researching on my own if i am not satisfied

I did research it, I just also felt the need to let people know how terrible their posts are.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I don't get why people think Pokemon Stars is a thing because Gamefreak has kind of bucked the trend of "ultimate version" for awhile now

Literally "Hey guys I heard pokemon gray is coming out" "Oh man rumor about Pokemon Z is here we have the perfect Poke for it" etc

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.

Clarste posted:

I did research it, I just also felt the need to let people know how terrible their posts are.

so you stirred poo poo for no reason. got it

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DeadBonesBrook posted:

Would someone be able to trade me a Litten? The Euro version of the game just dropped, and I want to use one alongside Rowlet (as I really like both). Its just for the single player campaign, so I'm not too concerned about stats.

FC - 4098-6100-5219

Yeah, give me 5 minutes

Edit: I'm also going to make you take a Comfey

Hustlin Floh fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Nov 23, 2016

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Calaveron posted:

I wanna meet Guzma already and find out what the real overarching deal is with the skull boys because surely there has to be more than being those darn kids

I just met him, soon into the third island

He's a stand up guy

bring something flying or electric maybe that's either very powerful or very tough

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Hivac posted:

so you stirred poo poo for no reason. got it

Okay, that's fair, but I was honestly annoyed.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Supremezero posted:

Butterfree comes to mind.
Butterfree is a useful 'mon in general, if you don't have a full team yet and can use him to fill a dummy slot. Learns stun spore to prevent backup pokemon, poisonpowder to deal with any particularly nasty totem pokemon (aside from lurantis :argh:), and compoundeyes still works if you leave him fainted in the first slot. Not sure if he can learn thief, though, so you might have to have him fainted if hunting for items.

SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

I set fire to the rain watched it pour as I touched your face
Is it possible to get anything interesting from Wonder Trade? Experts say no.

cancerianmoth
Oct 18, 2012
Ok. I have consistently noticed this using my sandygast v paras and I can't figure out if it is bc sandygast is paralyzed or bc of bug typing. Sand Tomb will not do more dmg on the next turns. I set infestation, then I do sand tomb. Usually, on other types, at the end of the opponents turn sand tomb will go, then infestiation. But against paras- sand tomb never goes.

Anyone else want to help me figure this out?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I don't get why people think Pokemon Stars is a thing because Gamefreak has kind of bucked the trend of "ultimate version" for awhile now

Literally "Hey guys I heard pokemon gray is coming out" "Oh man rumor about Pokemon Z is here we have the perfect Poke for it" etc

To be fair, there is some weight to it. Necrozma's image file name on the official site was flat out something along the lines of "3rdlegendary" on the official site.

Whether whatever game will feature it will be a 3rd version, or something like a sequel like B2W2, or if the game will flat out not exist remains to be seen, though.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Blaziken386 posted:

Butterfree is a useful 'mon in general, if you don't have a full team yet and can use him to fill a dummy slot. Learns stun spore to prevent backup pokemon, poisonpowder to deal with any particularly nasty totem pokemon (aside from lurantis :argh:), and compoundeyes still works if you leave him fainted in the first slot. Not sure if he can learn thief, though, so you might have to have him fainted if hunting for items.
Yeah, I'm fine with leaving him fainted, I mostly specified both in case there was something that was a perfect solution with no setup.

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

Celesteela is just ruining my day online. Has anyone found a strong check to it yet? Leftovers + Leech Life and that typing make for a very robust pokemon. Fire types just get wrecked with Earthquake and it seems to be so bulky. I am probably hamstringing myself by not using any UBs, but I generally don't enjoy playing with legendaries.

My man Minior is a lot of fun if he gets to setup and Golisipod is a monster with First Impression, you can use it more often than you want and it is the perfect answer to a Sash or Sturdy dude KO'ing your own friend. Toxapex is also a fun little mindgame dude with Bunker.

Phrosphor fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Nov 23, 2016

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

SloppyDoughnuts posted:

In the past I received a Mew and a 6 IV shiny ditto

They're obviously hacked but :shrug:

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer

Dr. Stab posted:

The Happy Hour + Amulet Coin combo really gets you a lot of money. I bring my Snorlax to every trainer battle.

A wonderful gift.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

SloppyDoughnuts posted:

Most is still trash pokemon because people are just starting, but some people (myself included) like to breed starters and other interesting things and toss 'em in.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

They never named Grunts

Oh right Team Snagem Grunts were the only ones to have names.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Dr. Fetus posted:

To be fair, there is some weight to it. Necrozma's image file name on the official site was flat out something along the lines of "3rdlegendary" on the official site.

Whether whatever game will feature it will be a 3rd version, or something like a sequel like B2W2, or if the game will flat out not exist remains to be seen, though.

I mean, a lot of this was also true of Zygarde along with a ton of other circumstantial evidence and we saw how that turned out.

... why did they call the Super-Moves Z moves anyways?

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Jarogue posted:

Oh right Team Snagem Grunts were the only ones to have names.
I was really hoping there would be a third installment of the Orre games on the Wii U. They were great.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Zore posted:

I mean, a lot of this was also true of Zygarde along with a ton of other circumstantial evidence and we saw how that turned out.

Because they do that cheesy Z pose.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DeadBonesBrook posted:

FC - 4098-6100-5219

Litten is hatched. Want a nickname?

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zore posted:

Probably Zenith. They say that word at some point so that's good enough for me.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

Hustlin Floh posted:

Litten is hatched. Want a nickname?

Surprise me!

Let me know your FC when you're ready to trade.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

SloppyDoughnuts posted:

probably not gonna be much but early route garbage until there's a decent playerbase that's finished the story and started breeding projects

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Eurogamer reported on it and they're riding high with how seriously people take them after their Switch stuff, plus someone in Pokemon did say that a game was being made for the Switch.

It probably won't actually be called "stars" since it's just the code-name and we have no idea what it'll entail, maybe it'll literally just be SM in HD or perhaps more in line with BW2.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DeadBonesBrook posted:

Surprise me!

Let me know your FC when you're ready to trade.

OK, I'm 4313-4715-4704

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Phrosphor posted:

Celesteela is just ruining my day online. Has anyone found a strong check to it yet? Leftovers + Leech Life and that typing make for a very robust pokemon. Fire types just get wrecked with Earthquake and it seems to be so bulky. I am probably hamstringing myself by not using any UBs, but I generally don't enjoy playing with legendaries.

My man Minior is a lot of fun if he gets to setup and Golisipod is a monster with First Impression, you can use it more often than you want and it is the perfect answer to a Sash or Sturdy dude KO'ing your own friend. Toxapex is also a fun little mindgame dude with Bunker.

magnezone always will hard counter steel/flying types

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Mazerunner posted:

I just met him, soon into the third island

He's a stand up guy

bring something flying or electric maybe that's either very powerful or very tough

Toucannon is a monster who happily withstood Hau's raichu for several turns and nearly one shotted him with beak blast so I'm sure I'll do fine

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

SloppyDoughnuts posted:

I got a Rowlet and that sea urchin thing off it so I don't have to beat up Corsola for it now.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

Hustlin Floh posted:

OK, I'm 4313-4715-4704

Thank you so much! Now I can start my Ash-multiple starter run (cept for the Seal, gently caress him).

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

FishBulb posted:

In the past I received a Mew and a 6 IV shiny ditto

They're obviously hacked but :shrug:

I have a whole box full of shiny Pokémon I got off of wondertrade, I also got a mewtwo once.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
I'm glad that the Punk trainers are just Skull Grunts without the bandanas and with different hats. Punks are the best trainers.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Improbable Lobster posted:

I'm glad that the Punk trainers are just Skull Grunts without the bandanas and with different hats. Punks are the best trainers.
That's crazy talk. Next you'll say that Professor Kukui is actually the Masked Royal!

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Improbable Lobster posted:

You mean Punkys.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

SloppyDoughnuts posted:

Woah!

I got a Mewtwo from Wonder Trade!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Butterfree can learn Thief, by the way. And Compound Eyes is its only ability. So if anyone else cares about getting a Thick Club or whatever, that's a good and easy way to do it.