Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Gail Wynand posted:

Has "Pizzagate" been brought up here yet? Because I was a regular at Comet Ping Pong for years and went to lots of shows there. Jesus Christ people are insane.

Have a seat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Gail Wynand posted:

Has "Pizzagate" been brought up here yet? Because I was a regular at Comet Ping Pong for years and went to lots of shows there. Jesus Christ people are insane.

Hard to believe you were that close to that kind of evil, huh?

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

cheese posted:

Lets see, she lied about her own personal success as an educator, possibly cheated to improve her schools test scores, provided a public face for the privatization of public education through charter schools and school vouchers (appearing on Waiting for Superman) and is deeply tied into the Teach for America program, which presumes that teaching kids is the same as digging wells in Africa and sends barely trained law school bound college grads into the most needy schools in America so they can pad their resume. poo poo bag.

Boy was that a horrible movie. Just a tortured, convoluted mess of a film. It starts building to what you think might be something insightful for half a second, before you realize they spent an hour fellating charter schools and then shrugging at whether or not they'll lead us out of the abyss somehow. A hot mess of a film.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I'm not going to Reddit what the hell is Pizzagate?

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

Guy Goodbody posted:

Hard to believe you were that close to that kind of evil, huh?
Oh yeah. Totally unbelievable that you would see lots of politicians and kids at a pizza place in a neighborhood where lots of political families live. Because everyone knows, kids hate pizza.

Reddit autists think if you like kids you must be a pedo, also can't fathom leaving mom's basement to go to a concert somewhere

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Gail Wynand posted:

Gail Wynand posted:

Oh yeah. Totally unbelievable that you would see lots of politicians and kids at a pizza place in a neighborhood where lots of political families live. Because everyone knows, kids hate pizza.

Reddit autists think if you like kids you must be a pedo, also can't fathom leaving mom's basement to go to a concert somewhere

gently caress you for making me look this up. What a waste of loving time, Jesus. People, save yourself the trouble. Good God people are loving stupid.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hollismason posted:

Big pedophile/satanist ring being run out of a pizza place in DC

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

Unormal posted:

I'm now convinced Trump literally found a magic lamp.

If we're lucky, he got one of those genies that makes his wishes backfire in cruel and unexpected ways

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

Hollismason posted:

There's a pizza place in Upper Northwest DC near a lot of politicians' homes. It has a bit of a hipster vibe and hosts shows at night, but is popular with families during the day. The owner is David Brock's ex and seems to like kids, and everyone knows all gays are pedos. Also Tony Podesta hosts parties and fundraisers there occasionally. So this is enough evidence for the Infowars crowd to declare it the epicenter of Hillary's pedo ring. There have been demonstrations outside and the owners/staff are getting death threats left and right.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Venuz Patrol posted:

this is the one thing that's stopping me from getting fully on the ellison bandwagon. he has all the right ideas, and all the right bona fides, but this is seriously not a position that can be half-assed, and if he's even perceived as not doing everything in his power there he's going to get immolated the same way DWS was.

Yup that's exactly why people didn't like dws lol

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Guy Goodbody posted:

Big pedophile/satanist ring being run out of a pizza place in DC

I thought Tortilla Coast was a lovely texmex joint?

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Nonsense posted:

Trump is hinting that investigations of the Clintons are back on the table so they will probably drop the audit talk.

That has nothing to do with audit talk. Him waffling on investigating Clinton has everything to do with the reaction to him dropping it in the NYT interview.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Ah so it's just bizzaro world conspiracy bullshit.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Al-Saqr posted:

Can someone please tell that wet noodle loser Obama to gently caress off of getting in the way of his own party trying to save itself from his cowardly incompetence?!

comingafteryouall posted:

to poop on.

j/k Obama please don't abandon the party, but also let us out from the shackles of your corporate masters, thanks.

Polo-Rican posted:

I can't believe they've learned nothing. Yah, put in some more boring centrists, that's what the party needs

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

hey Obama, you done hosed up enough already. Stop.

Democrats looking to sweep those midterms, what with you guys telling other liberals to gently caress off.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Young Freud posted:

That has nothing to do with audit talk. Him waffling on investigating Clinton has everything to do with the reaction to him dropping it in the NYT interview.

:staredog: drat, he really might pursue it now? I thought it was related, and figured both would back down.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Obama is probably the best President we've had in like I can't even name a time period.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
Nikki Haley is picked as UN ambassador

https://twitter.com/postandcourier/status/801289992647614464

That's.....not completely horrible

She has little foreign policy experience. But hey it could be way way worse.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I don't think Trump even knows what he's going to do so I would ignore it

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Has anyone else found it a lot harder to be polite to people spouting GOP poison these days? Since the election I've found that I'm much faster to snap on people spouting that bullshit, and don't make as much of an attempt to be reasonable.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

theblackw0lf posted:

Considering the rumors about John Bolton I will take this

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Nonsense posted:

:staredog: drat, he really might pursue it now? I thought it was related, and figured both would back down.

You would think by now people would have learned not to trust anything Trump says.

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Business Gorillas posted:

Yup that's exactly why people didn't like dws lol

So I was looking at the careers of previous DNC chairs, I wanted to see if this excuse about someone holding office had any merit to it. The examples I found of people who held office while being DNC Chairpeople were DWS and Tim Kaine. Before them, I didn't see anyone else who had held office while being DNC Chair (I didn't look at every name, and looked back at 1944 as the earliest).

They oversaw the elections of 2010, 2012, 2014, 2016.

So uh, maybe there is something to be said for someone doing the DNC Chair work full time. Historically, it hasn't really been a politician, it has been someone who has worked behind the scenes.

Doctor Butts posted:

Democrats looking to sweep those midterms, what with you guys telling other liberals to gently caress off.

We should listen to Obama without any doubt in our hearts, seeing as how the Democrats have controlled Congress and state legislatures for the past 6 years.

comingafteryouall fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Nov 23, 2016

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Khisanth Magus posted:

Has anyone else found it a lot harder to be polite to people spouting GOP poison these days? Since the election I've found that I'm much faster to snap on people spouting that bullshit, and don't make as much of an attempt to be reasonable.

The opposite, for me. I was so convinced Clinton was gonna win bigly, it made me realize I seriously need to step out of the echo chamber

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Trump's really not familiar with any Republican figureheads outside of his fellow presidential candidates, is he? I'm going to enjoy/cry at whatever he decides to offer Jeb, Rubio, and Cruz, and delight when he continues to offer gently caress all to Christie.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Jeb? He'll be secretary of transportation tasked with carrying Trump around.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

theblackw0lf posted:

This is mystifying but as inoffensive as can be hoped for. I actually kind of like the idea of him yanking Republican governors/rising starts out of office and cramming them into roles they have no expertise in and will likely embarrass themselves.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Fuligin posted:

Why do people hate Michelle Rhee? Honest question, I left DC right about the time she became chancellor and I missed out on whatever controversy there was

she's the champion of every middle class city liberal mad that if they want to send little Hunter to an all-white school they'll have to pay full tuition, and the embodiment of that whole 'destroy government programs then point to that as a sign that government programs don't work and we need to privatize' thing in action.

theblackw0lf posted:

people keep saying this, I get that you've spent the better part of a decade with the president's go-to negotiating strategy being immediate unconditional surrender but how have you not yet figured out Trump's incredibly transparent schtick of "I want Satan! I want triple Satan! Nah never mind I'll take Charles Manson, aren't you glad I didn't pick Satan?"

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Nonsense posted:

Yeah, his supporters were furious would declare Hillary free and clear. He ended up walking back from it almost immediately through his surrogates.

On the audit talk, more poo poo came up...
https://twitter.com/SuzanEraslan/status/801075201584795648

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Mustached Demon posted:

Jeb? He'll be secretary of transportation tasked with carrying Trump around.

Secretary of Low Energy

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Young Freud posted:

Yeah, his supporters were furious would declare Hillary free and clear. He ended up walking back from it almost immediately through his surrogates.

On the audit talk, more poo poo came up...
https://twitter.com/SuzanEraslan/status/801075201584795648

These errors are very common and usually just transcription errors.

In theory they should all be cleared up by now though.

It could easily be someone using old figures.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Doctor Butts posted:

what the party needs is more unconditional cheerleading amongst the true believers

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

I have absolutely nothing against Perez's record as Labor Secretary under Obama or O'Malley, or in DoJ. But I fail to see how those roles equate to ability in creating a political machine. DWS and Tim Kaine weren't poo poo DNC chairs because of their lack of experience, but because of their politics. Perez has the right politics, but no pertinent experience imo.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

she's the champion of every middle class city liberal mad that if they want to send little Hunter to an all-white school they'll have to pay full tuition, and the embodiment of that whole 'destroy government programs then point to that as a sign that government programs don't work and we need to privatize' thing in action.

people keep saying this, I get that you've spent the better part of a decade with the president's go-to negotiating strategy being immediate unconditional surrender but how have you not yet figured out Trump's incredibly transparent schtick of "I want Satan! I want triple Satan! Nah never mind I'll take Charles Manson, aren't you glad I didn't pick Satan?"

What's your best case scenario with say, a President Paul Ryan with a Republican controlled Congress? We were never getting good picks out of this and a benignly incompetent boilerplate conservative pick is likely better than one actively screaming for the downfall of the organization they're liaison to.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Xae posted:

These errors are very common and usually just transcription errors.

In theory they should all be cleared up by now though.

It could easily be someone using old figures.

Actually, check the whole thread there. Outagamie county board of elections posted an update when the discrepancies, resulting in Trump losing about a 1100 votes in a precinct when corrected.

https://twitter.com/TiersOfLove/status/801123611805437952

https://twitter.com/MrVDiCostanzo/status/801136074240196608

Quote is not edit, but I might as well reply to this.

Young Freud fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Nov 23, 2016

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Shitbird McCrory is formally filing for recounts to keep his tenuous grasp on the NC Gov.

quote:

North Carolina Gov. Pat McCrory has formally requested a statewide recount of votes in his close race with Democratic challenger Roy Cooper, as pressure mounts on the incumbent Republican to concede two weeks after the election.

McCrory finished fewer than 10,000 votes behind Cooper, the state's attorney general, allowing McCrory the opportunity to ask for a recount under North Carolina law. Yet Cooper's lead has only grown since Election Day, jumping from fewer than 5,000 votes to 6,222 as of Tuesday afternoon, according to the State Board of Elections website. (Cooper's campaign says their lead is actually larger, coming in at 8,569 votes as of Tuesday afternoon.)

McCrory has repeatedly raised concerns of voter fraud, filing complaints in about half of the state's 100 counties. Yet no evidence of widespread fraud has surfaced so far. Furthermore, many of McCrory's own Republican appointees serving on local county election boards have rejected his complaints.

In a statement Tuesday, McCrory's campaign manager doubled down on their concerns about the legitimacy of the state's elections results.

"With many outstanding votes yet to be counted for the first time, legal challenges, ballot protests and voter fraud allegations, we must keep open the ability to allow the established recount process to ensure every legal vote is counted properly," said Russell Peck, McCrory's campaign manager. The press release added that the formal recount will not occur until county boards of election finish tallying the results — a process that has been slowed due to factors including Republican-led challenges.

(rest of the article):
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/north-carolina-gov-pat-mccrory-files-recount-challenger-s-lead-n687291

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Aurubin posted:

I have absolutely nothing against Perez's record as Labor Secretary under Obama or O'Malley, or in DoJ. But I fail to see how those roles equate to ability in creating a political machine. DWS and Tim Kaine weren't poo poo DNC chairs because of their lack of experience, but because of their politics. Perez has the right politics, but no pertinent experience imo.

How in earth did their politics have anything to do with them being bad DNC chairs?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

On the other hand he did pick Pence, Sessions and Flynn, so Satan is still in with a shot.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Nonsense posted:

Perez should run for the Senate and oppose national right to work unless he gets picked for chair. It doesn't hurt to have many different opportunities to tap. Even in the midst of badness.

he's been in DC for like 25 years; he'd probably be running in Maryland, and Cardin's up for reelection in 2018 with no signs of retirung

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
This whole McGory thing is rather unsettling because this may be a case where the Legislature decides who is Gov. in a way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Aurubin posted:

list of people who have ran successful national democratic party:

• Locked thread