Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Half of the Lions wins this year came when the other team had a 99% chance to win in the fourth quarter.

Every game but one the other team had a 84percent chance.

Matthew Stafford.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
DION

JJJJJJJJJJOOOOORRRRRRDDANNNNNNNNNN

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
CHARGERS SIGNED RONNIE HILLMAN

gently caress YESSSSSSSSSSS

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

Seahawks cut JaMarcus Webb, lol

Whaaaaat?:aaa: you're telling me Tom Cable couldn't succeed where so many others have failed?

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

korrandark posted:

Gio's loss will be more impactful to the Bengal's depth at the position. He hasn't had a very good year. They now only have 2 RB on the active roster. Losing AJ is huge. It means double coverage for Tyler Eifert and I have no faith in the other WRs to even partially pick up the slack. They weren't very good when they had AJ Green taking double coverage.

Yeah this pretty much sums it up. That being said double coverage against Eifert is going to have to involve safeties and linebackers because cornerbacks don't really have the juice to drop Eifert once he's rolling. Hopefully Jeremy Hill can capitalize, I'd like to see his confidence boosted by some empty stats.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
i didn't believe in clutch until I saw Matthew Stafford play.

fun fact: his first name is John!

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

So, let me get this straight... is this article saying that Alex Smith is bad? drat, that's a take. I think this is the first time someone has accurately used stats and numbers to prove this point. Gotta say, I'm a little stunned.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
http://www.si.com/nfl/2016/11/22/jj-watt-houston-texans-staph-infection-leg

JJ Watt played a football game with a staph infection that demanded intensive anti-biotic therapy and could have cost him his leg. That's not tough that is some sort of mental illness.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Staph infections suuuuuuck. Hes gonna be dead by 40 because he wont take a day off.

Probably gonna try to tackle a truck or something.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Who would have ever thought that Megatron could take losing like a champ on dancing with the stars.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
my wife spent 2 weeks in the ICU with a staph infection JJ you're a dumb gently caress

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Occasionally someone will say something like "I hope someone doesn't die on field" after a particularly nasty helmet to helmet hit or bad landing or something

JJ Watt is the player that makes that fear real for me

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

no one thinks you're big and strong JJ Watt you're just a gigantic idiot

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I hope Watt is amazing on Sunday in Houston

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

a neat cape posted:

CHARGERS SIGNED RONNIE HILLMAN

gently caress YESSSSSSSSSSS

I'm glad you finally get to be happy :unsmith:

Trast posted:

http://www.si.com/nfl/2016/11/22/jj-watt-houston-texans-staph-infection-leg

JJ Watt played a football game with a staph infection that demanded intensive anti-biotic therapy and could have cost him his leg. That's not tough that is some sort of mental illness.

That's not quite what the story is saying. It said he noticed bumps on his leg, thought it was a rash, and the trainer he went to for cream identified it and got him into treatment immediately. He underwent antibiotic treatment before the game and if he hadn't it might have meant his leg, playing in the game didn't increase his risk as far as the story says

Intruder fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Nov 23, 2016

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Intruder posted:

Give it a week

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

No Butt Stuff posted:

Give it a week

a neat cape posted:

I hope Watt is amazing on Sunday in Houston

Or a couple of hours.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

sean10mm posted:

Even that game has nothing to compete with this gem of a stat line:

code:
Player          Tm  Cmp Att Yds TD Int Sk Yds Lng Rate Att Yds TD  Fmb
Kerry Collins   TEN   2  12  -7  0   1  0   0  15  4.9   3  -1  0    2
Vince Young     TEN   0   2   0  0   1  0   0   0  0.0   2  -1  0    1

Edited to add Vince Young coming to the rescue! And all the fumbles!

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Bip Roberts posted:

Who would have ever thought that Megatron could take losing like a champ on dancing with the stars.

https://twitter.com/mikerothstein/status/801272393679310848

Rigged! It was rigged, I tell you! :argh:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

Or a couple of hours.

I'm talking about the Watt brother who is actually going to play

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Chris James 2 posted:

Occasionally someone will say something like "I hope someone doesn't die on field" after a particularly nasty helmet to helmet hit or bad landing or something

JJ Watt is the player that makes that fear real for me

Tony Romo being paralyzed during a game I honestly fear.

A Browns QB of the week I fully expect to have a horrific career ending injury costing a body part or partial paralysis this season that sparks a circus of a congressional investigation. Probably Josh McCown. We should really just be forced to forfeit and allowed to have practice sessions until the super bowl.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
The only quarterbacks with multiple touchdowns against the Cardinals this year:

Case Keenum
Blaine Gabbert
Colin Kaepernick

Quarterbacks who have zero TDs against them

Russell Wilson
Cam Newton

The NFL is weird.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Who's ready for AFC champs The Oakland Raiders to lose to the Giants?

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

N: https://twitter.com/BuffaloBillsPR/status/801404941134872576

V: :discourse:

Horse Inspector
Aug 11, 2005
privacy publicly displayed
This just means someone else is going to explode in to chunks of viscera . Incognito maybe.

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

Horse Inspector posted:

This just means someone else is going to explode in to chunks of viscera . Incognito maybe.
My money is on Clay, as he makes a catch 1 yard short of a first down.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Seahawks have beat eagles, pats, falcons, and dolphins this year. Who are DVOA 2, 3, 5, and 6

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
If only that game were in Miami but alas rigged system

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Intruder posted:

That's not quite what the story is saying. It said he noticed bumps on his leg, thought it was a rash, and the trainer he went to for cream identified it and got him into treatment immediately. He underwent antibiotic treatment before the game and if he hadn't it might have meant his leg, playing in the game didn't increase his risk as far as the story says

Staph is scary and JJ is still insane to play pumped full of the stuff they use to fight it.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Seahawks have beat eagles, pats, falcons, and dolphins this year. Who are DVOA 2, 3, 5, and 6

hahahahahahaha

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ehud posted:

hahahahahahaha

It's pretty funny because the teams that are real good on offense or defense sucks at the reverse.

The top 5 in offense are: 25th, 27th, 20th, 29th and 24th in defense respectively while the top 5 defenses are: 21st, 26th, 25th, 30th and 9th respectively on offense.

So Miami with a slight above average offense and ST and 7th ranked defense are playing like the 6th best team this year.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
DVOA is a garbage stat unless it makes the team I root for look better

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Seahawks are top 10 in offense and defense

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Unless I'm not remembering correctly, wasn't DVOA held in fairly high regard around here as recently as a few years ago? Certainly more so than PFF rankings in any case.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

fishing with the fam posted:

Unless I'm not remembering correctly, wasn't DVOA held in fairly high regard around here as recently as a few years ago? Certainly more so than PFF rankings in any case.

Its started saying seahawks and Russell wilson were good and now everyone hates it

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

fishing with the fam posted:

Pff was well thought of for a while but have totally fallen apart.

Dvoa was always mocked outside of like koba1t and cap'n andy

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

There was one that same year against the Bucs that was similar where the Ravens had the game wrapped up in the 1st quarter

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201410120tam.htm

That one was too easy!

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

FizFashizzle posted:

Pff was well thought of for a while but have totally fallen apart.

Dvoa was always mocked outside of like koba1t and cap'n andy

DVOA is good at describing the past performances of teams, but it's awful at predicting games against the spread. I have no idea why you'd use it to do that, but they sell that poo poo, and it's dumb as hell.

Like, the Patriots defense is currently 3rd in points allowed and 20th in DVOA. I know which one's a hell of a lot closer to the truth there.

Oh, players of the week:

AFC:
O - Tom Brady - played the 49ers.
D - Stephon Tuitt - played the Browns
ST - Dan Carpenter - wife suggested the Bengals all get clipped.

NFC:
O - Kirk Cousins - We like watching the Packers lose
D - Xavier Rhodes - Pick sixed Carson Palmer I think
ST - Robert Aguayo - Didn't miss an extra point.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I liked DVOA when the Texans were #1 in it for like 4 or 5 weeks one year, I think 2012?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Its started saying seahawks and Russell wilson were good and now everyone hates it

Russell Wilson and the Seahawks are good

but DVOA still sucks

• Locked thread