Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Jerusalem posted:

loving Robbie hanging out in the background loving life - Jonah's back and as stupid as ever :allears:

There's a bugle office pool betting on when Jameson finally figures out that Peter is Spider-Man and Robbie is loving it because he was the only person smart enough to bet on "goes to his grave ignorant"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Oh god i can relate to this. Say no, Pete. Be firm about it because, dammit, the amount of time she'll be pissed at you will last less than half of the time you'd both be miserable for in that trip

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Wait, didn't the last arc specify that Peter doesn't own a car? Why didn't him and Scott rent a car to get to Egghead instead of taking the-oh right, this is Newspaper Spider-Man.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

They did rent a car.

Jonah stole it.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I'm pretty sure Peter got himself a staff position a couple of storylines back, but I guess Stan forgot about that.

graham cracker posted:

Wait, didn't the last arc specify that Peter doesn't own a car?
Maybe MJ owns a car?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

graham cracker posted:

Wait, didn't the last arc specify that Peter doesn't own a car? Why didn't him and Scott rent a car to get to Egghead instead of taking the-oh right, this is Newspaper Spider-Man.

Did you know? You can rent cars more than once!

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Endless Mike posted:

Did you know? You can rent cars more than once!

Even after the things Jonah did in your old car?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

There's got to be more than one car rental company in the greater New York area. Even if it means going to... New Jersey.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

won't a NY to LA roadtrip take the next decade or so due to the glacial pace of the strip?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i can't stop laughing at his face in the second panel

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

I assume they took the insurance.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
MJ is a moderately successful b-level actress apparently (starring in straight to video films), she can probably afford a modest used car for her and Pete on a payment plan.

I'm more concerned that the action will probably start long before they hit LA.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Cakefarts Carol posted:

won't a NY to LA roadtrip take the next decade or so due to the glacial pace of the strip?

I'll be shocked if they make it out of the state.

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

There'll be limited web-swinging opportunities on the way from NY to LA. Seems like an obvious set up for a St Louis Arch guest appearance.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
All I know is that this sounds like the perfect opportunity for a US1 cross-country team-up.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i can't stop laughing at his face in the second panel
I'm more terrified by Mary Jane's.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Choco1980 posted:

MJ is a moderately successful b-level actress apparently (starring in straight to video films), she can probably afford a modest used car for her and Pete on a payment plan.

I think she's actually much more successful as a stage actor than in films.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The narrator seems dubious

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Peter......I think you wanted to add 3 to that number there buddy

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
Narrator has driven cross country.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

uPen posted:

Narrator has driven cross country.
Seriously. This country is mostly empty, MJ, you're gonna be begging for a plane ticket before you hit Ohio.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

If Peter wasn't used to being vilified as a Spider-Menace, he seems like the kind of guy who'd get really shocked when they leave the coast and suddenly go from Freelance Photographer to Yet Another rear end in a top hat From New York.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
They better pray that Galactus eats most of central U.S. before reaching Indiana.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

CapnAndy posted:

Seriously. This country is mostly empty, MJ, you're gonna be begging for a plane ticket before you hit Ohio.

I pity them if their route goes through Utah. Like, if you're not in SLC, the state is LITERALLY empty, not just figuratively. As in, flat, infertile earth that stretches so far you can see the curvature of the earth.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

CapnAndy posted:

No way, if they go the right way there's lots of beautiful farm country and mountains on the way there. I mean, if you stick to interstates it will suck, but that's true everywhere.

amishjosh
Jul 16, 2004
Yeah

Kwyndig posted:

There's got to be more than one car rental company in the greater New York area. Even if it means going to... New Jersey.

they could just steal clown 9s duckcar

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Choco1980 posted:

I pity them if their route goes through Utah. Like, if you're not in SLC, the state is LITERALLY empty, not just figuratively. As in, flat, infertile earth that stretches so far you can see the curvature of the earth.

They'll experience that sameness and flatness well before they get to Utah, especially if they drive through Indiana.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
given the colorist's... peculiarities, it is fairly likely that they will drive there on the bottom of the sea.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

given the colorist's... peculiarities, it is fairly likely that they will drive there on the bottom of the sea.

Will they run into Namor then?

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

bunnyofdoom posted:

Nah, Namor hates redheads.

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
I hope they run into the strangely competent Great Lakes Avengers.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

bunnyofdoom posted:

they may run into a gas station attendant inexplicably colored like namor. and i mean old school, green scaly trunks namor.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

CommaToes posted:

I hope they run into the strangely competent Great Lakes Avengers.

The GLA being pinnacles of efficiency and skill but treated like they're no-hope morons would be peak Newspaper Spidey, and I really hope it happens.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

zzzz

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Wait.

Three days from NY to LA? That's around 13 1/2 hours of driving for all three days. And that's going the most efficient route at an avg. of 41 hours. If you're taking a scenic route you have to deal with all those pesky speed traps and traffic signals.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

flosofl posted:

Wait.

Three days from NY to LA? That's around 13 1/2 hours of driving for all three days. And that's going the most efficient route at an avg. of 41 hours. If you're taking a scenic route you have to deal with all those pesky speed traps and traffic signals.
Yeah. NYC to LA is a 40 hour drive if you stay on I-40 the whole way, which MJ and Peter are proposing to do in 72 hours. It's doable -- 8 hours a night to sleep still gives them 6 hour-long meal breaks (no breakfast, sorry kids), and two 20 minute long bathroom breaks a day. So yeah, it's doable, but their daily itinerary basically looks like this:

9 am: Drive four hours down unchanging interstate
1 pm: Lunch at rest stop
2 pm: Drive five hours down unchanging interstate
7 pm: Dinner at rest stop
8 pm: Drive four hours down unchanging interstate
Midnight: Pull into parking lot, sleep 8 hours

With some wiggle room because they'll need to drive a bit more than 13 hours a day and also they're allotted two bathroom breaks, so that midnight is probably closer to 1 am.

This is not a vacation. This is torture.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

How fast would they get there if they stole ghost rider's bike

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

CapnAndy posted:

6 hour-long meal breaks (no breakfast, sorry kids)

I was really confused until I realised you somehow mistyped 6 instead of 2.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Tiggum posted:

I think he means total, not per day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Tiggum posted:

No a total of 6 one hour stops.

• Locked thread