Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.

Scrublord Prime posted:

Is something up with the first Diablos fight's challenges? I summoned Dialbos on him in two separate fights and I can't get the "Evoke Diablos" challenge. I'm not finding much with my google-fu with this either.

I've been told its actually "kill him with a limit burst"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
yeah its kill with Limit Bursts usually.

You mileage may vary on that

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

AegisP posted:

Couple things: Your materia on 6* Garland would want to include a Doublehand. Doublehand (materia) stacks with Doublehand (unit passive). It just doesn't stack with itself on GL for some reason, so you can't run 4 copies of the materia.

I'm also not sure you need Barrage. 6* Garland gets a 140% AoE 1 Hit Physical Attack + Ignore 50% DEF & AoE 3 Turn -50% Dark Resist attack, which is 280% normalized the first hit, and then at least 25% more damage on subsequent hits if you add Dark element to his attacks (which he has an ability for).

But yes, your setup with Barrage and a Doublehand materia inplace of one of the 10% ATK works out to 705 ATK with a maxed Ifrit.

Edit: And when Enhancements come out for him, he gains +50% more on his Doublehand passive which gives you +97 ATK more, so you could break 800 then. And his attack I mentioned goes up to 180% and -75% Dark Resist which means you really don't need Barrage at that point, so you can stuff more ATK materia on him.

Oh yea, that's right they do stack! I am doing this for sure then. I'll try with and without Barrage I guess! Thanks for the math!

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

God damnit Gumi. Thanks, I'll give limits a spin once my energy recovers

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
So, how exactly do enhancements work once we get them? Is it just a straight gil cost, or do you need items as if you were awakening someone too? And if so, is it just as lovely of a grind for materials?

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

i definitely got credit for evoking diabolos by evoking diabolos.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

hamburgers in pockets posted:

So, how exactly do enhancements work once we get them? Is it just a straight gil cost, or do you need items as if you were awakening someone too? And if so, is it just as lovely of a grind for materials?

There is a material grind, yes. I think it's from a new vortex unlockable area or what not.

enahs
Jan 1, 2010

Grow up.
When exactly is the arena reset? I was taken by surprise last time and I'm at 88 streak now so I don't want it to roll over before I get the trophy.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Thursday at 0:00 GMT.

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax
I'm happy, got my first Garland for my daily pull. Was wondering when it looked like his 6* was incoming. Just looking at release dates maybe... 2-3 months from now?

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Something like that. He gets his 6* at the same time as WoL's 6*, which will be happy, happy days for WoL.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Do mages even stay relevant? What's the point of mages when physical attackers get elemental coverage and even crazy elemental debuffs?

deltah
Sep 28, 2012
Trying to figure out best uses for karma. I have a 5* refia I'd like to awaken (and a 3* bartz I guess?) and I haven't bought any of the materia or trust moogle yet. I awoke a luneth and cecil on this event so awakening refia is going to cost like 10-15k karma for the 540 cost mats. Is that still the best bet for karma?

And then for the materia -- whats the strategy there? This is my first event and none of my units have any yet (other than like 1 10% atk from.. somewhere). I feel like I want to buy these because they are limited time only and I have none, but I've also read a 10% atk materia recipe is being released soon? And then that drat moogle. I have a zidane and probably won't macro (I'm too lazy and it takes 3.5 months every night anyways?). I can't tell if that makes the moogle more worth it or less worth it.

I am a ball of worry over this karma.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Tagichatn posted:

Do mages even stay relevant? What's the point of mages when physical attackers get elemental coverage and even crazy elemental debuffs?

Mage burst damage will always be higher, if less sustainable. The only time mages start to lose traction as far as raw DPS when unimpeded is when you compare a Doubleking Orlandu.

Physical attackers also have much, much worse AoE than mages, even when they have it.

deltah posted:

Trying to figure out best uses for karma. I have a 5* refia I'd like to awaken (and a 3* bartz I guess?) and I haven't bought any of the materia or trust moogle yet. I awoke a luneth and cecil on this event so awakening refia is going to cost like 10-15k karma for the 540 cost mats. Is that still the best bet for karma?

And then for the materia -- whats the strategy there? This is my first event and none of my units have any yet (other than like 1 10% atk from.. somewhere). I feel like I want to buy these because they are limited time only and I have none, but I've also read a 10% atk materia recipe is being released soon? And then that drat moogle. I have a zidane and probably won't macro (I'm too lazy and it takes 3.5 months every night anyways?). I can't tell if that makes the moogle more worth it or less worth it.

I am a ball of worry over this karma.

Getting Refia awakened is a priority if she's max level. Bartz absolutely isn't, since you'd have to push him from 3*->6*, which would take absurd amounts of Gigantuar funnelling... it's more a project for the next collection event.

The materias aren't bad even if ATK +10% is craftable, since they boost more than one stat. That said, I wouldn't call them a priority, assuming you can get up the Karma for it.

The trust moogle is nice, but you'll have to burn lapis or get super lucky with metal god drops to get it at this point.

deltah
Sep 28, 2012

KataraniSword posted:

The trust moogle is nice, but you'll have to burn lapis or get super lucky with metal god drops to get it at this point.

Yah, I won the FF3 banner lottery with refia + luneth, but never got any BF karma bonus heroes so its been slow going.

aherdofpenguins
Mar 18, 2006

deltah posted:

Yah, I won the FF3 banner lottery with refia + luneth, but never got any BF karma bonus heroes so its been slow going.

Same for me, minus the Luneth part. I read up on the materia that boosts your stats when you're below 50% life...those seem pretty good if you stack them, don't they? I read that they give 40% stat boost per materia, and even if you heal they stick around. Are they worth it?

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
Okay yeah this poo poo just gets ridiculous. Gumi needs to start a banwave asap.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Supposedly complaints from the people injecting about being banned started as soon as the announcement went up, so it seems like they've begun cracking down. But yea, those Gengi Glove ones are hilariously blatant.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
How are they even doing this?

are they changing the game's code directly or something?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 25 hours!
Last Rydia was pulled this morning. Team space rocks go! (After I get them leveled.)

Of course this now irrelevant with exdeath getting 6 stars.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Shoenin posted:

How are they even doing this?

are they changing the game's code directly or something?

The app talks to a server. These injections work like someone whispering in between the talk and adding stuff thats normally not there. Normally the server has the high priority and doesnt believe anything the app/talk says, double checking all the input. It seems thats not the case here otherwise this wouldnt work. Oh and also normally the talk is encrypted, making you unable to whisper at all to begin with.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I wonder why only CoD is the big fat exception to race rules. Why isn't Exdeath a plant/human hybrid? Do they fear just how terrifyingly strong the Plant-Killer passive would be?

Also I think someone from here made a big effort post about PVP, so I wanna ask, what do you use Maxwell for?

HGH fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Nov 23, 2016

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

So I wasn't super stoked about BUTTZ 6* until I noticed his ludicrous combo with Refia. He can sacrifice himself to fully restore someones hp/mp, and then you can just full life him. Hello always on elixir.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

HGH posted:

I wonder why only CoD is the big fat exception to race rules. Why isn't Exdeath a plant/human hybrid? Do they fear just how terrifyingly strong the Plant-Killer passive would be?

Also I think someone from here made a big effort post about PVP, so I wanna ask, what do you use Maxwell for?

Right now, not much. When she gets her 6 star, though, she gets 150% lmit break bonus, a 210% AOE light phys with AOE Dispel, man-eater, AOE esunaga + 1 round AOE ailment immunity, and a single target 200% light with 50% defense ignore. That makes her, though not brokenly good, an excellent 6 star with innate single target and AOE power, and as noted by someone previously in the thread, limit breaks like a fiend.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

rabidsquid posted:

So I wasn't super stoked about BUTTZ 6* until I noticed his ludicrous combo with Refia. He can sacrifice himself to fully restore someones hp/mp, and then you can just full life him. Hello always on elixir.

Yep together with DualCast Refia he is basically a party battery.

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.

HGH posted:

Well, her 1800 hp regeneration per turn isn't working atm. But if it gets fixed that's pretty good for arena. Other than that she has Genesis with blind and disease, status ailments are always good. I'm planning on putting her on my team next week when her abilities aren't banned.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

My daily halfster was Gilbert. Gross.

I might as well have pulled with friend points, but I've had really good luck lately so I have nothing to complain about.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

ive been running Maxwell on my explorations to level her up a little and i don't know exactly whether or not she's worth anything as a 5* but i can say that her limit burst recharges everything and its not uncommon for her to give herself 40-50% of a bar off her own lb

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

rabidsquid posted:

ive been running Maxwell on my explorations to level her up a little and i don't know exactly whether or not she's worth anything as a 5* but i can say that her limit burst recharges everything and its not uncommon for her to give herself 40-50% of a bar off her own lb

Just wait until she's getting +150% limit break. It's called Endless because the ride never stops!

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

NinjaDebugger posted:

It's called Endless because the ride never stops!

:grin:

aherdofpenguins
Mar 18, 2006

aherdofpenguins posted:

Same for me, minus the Luneth part. I read up on the materia that boosts your stats when you're below 50% life...those seem pretty good if you stack them, don't they? I read that they give 40% stat boost per materia, and even if you heal they stick around. Are they worth it?

Sorry guys but can anyone help me here? Is that materia worth the buy, or is it too hard to reliably activate it to be worth it?

For reference, I just started out pretty recently, managed to max Cecil and Arc but that's about all I have so far.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I HAVE BEEN TOLD but cant confirm that particular materia does not stack with cheer/embolden/focus so it does not actually seem worth it

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

rabidsquid posted:

I HAVE BEEN TOLD but cant confirm that particular materia does not stack with cheer/embolden/focus so it does not actually seem worth it

it has its uses, notably:

Arena: If enemy goes first, your Cecil turning that on mid-beatdown would help make him take even less damage.
Buff durations: After it is triggered, it never expires. It can be dispelled, but if overridden by a buff, it returns after the greater buff fades.

I think it's not bad to stick on a tank, really, in case something happened to buffs.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Dana Crysalis posted:

Arena: If enemy goes first, your Cecil turning that on mid-beatdown would help make him take even less damage.
Buff durations: After it is triggered, it never expires. It can be dispelled, but if overridden by a buff, it returns after the greater buff fades.

I think it's not bad to stick on a tank, really, in case something happened to buffs.

I threw one on my Cecil because making Cecil a giant pain in the rear end in the Arena is the best.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

What happens to that buff after a unit has been raised?

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

I'm restarting since I'm making android my primary device and I don't want to deal with lapis shenanigans. F2P so it's not like I'm losing anything. If you could add my new account, that would be awesome.

225 985 375

edit: related, is this a good banner to blow summon tickets on, or should I hold off

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

just wait for the FF5 banner thats coming up on friday, farris looks like a good full break unit, buttz can be a primary mage or physical unit, and gilgamesh looks fun!

this banner has duane.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Yeah I got Duane from my daily 1/2 price :(

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Dana Crysalis posted:

I put one on my Cecil and one on my Cloud, because my cloud is hilarious and her going super saiyan at low health just makes it more hilarious. If only she wasn't vulnerable to Raise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

NinjaDebugger posted:

I put one on my Cecil and one on my Cloud, because my cloud is hilarious and her going super saiyan at low health just makes it more hilarious. If only she wasn't vulnerable to Raise.

I've never had anyone use Raise offensively on me in Arena :confused:

• Locked thread