Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

Death of X #4 is the most hilarious kick in the dick. Holy poo poo.

I think I hate comic books now

Aphrodite posted:

I feel like maybe an upcoming event name might hint at changes here.

Long Live Charles Xavier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
RessureXtion is either going to be the rebirth of a single character or all the dead mutants at once. And with Old Man Logan coming to an end and the final Jackman film dropping next year I think we can put money on at least one returning character.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

Rhyno posted:

RessureXtion is either going to be the rebirth of a single character or all the dead mutants at once. And with Old Man Logan coming to an end and the final Jackman film dropping next year I think we can put money on at least one returning character.

I was really hoping they wouldn't bring back Wolverine for a good long while, but yeah the movie makes it kind of inevitable, especially with Old Man Logan ending. All-New Wolverine has easily been the best X-book running right now and I hope that series survives the relaunch.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

The Old Man Logan integration in today's Civil War was a fun surprise.

Kuder needing a fill-in on the last issue of Death of X was a bummer and a half.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Did we ever see anything about the cool nation x poo poo Hickman was referencing?

If Nation X had a phoenix egg, and Secret Wars 'never happened' where is the phoenix egg now in 616?

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

I haven't been following the X-men books at all. How long has Cyclops been secretly dead?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

glitchwraith posted:

I haven't been following the X-men books at all. How long has Cyclops been secretly dead?

Like two months. He's been "dead" since the post SW relaunch but everyone was confident he'd be revealed to be alive. Guess that didn't happen.

Rochallor posted:

I was really hoping they wouldn't bring back Wolverine for a good long while, but yeah the movie makes it kind of inevitable, especially with Old Man Logan ending. All-New Wolverine has easily been the best X-book running right now and I hope that series survives the relaunch.

Hey he'll have remained dead for almost 2 and a half years by the time he comes back. That's pretty amazing for an X-Man!

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002
The Death of X resolution in no way whatsoever fits with the way any character has acted about Scott in every book in the line up until now. Hilarious.

Even funnier if they thought this shows the Inhumans in even a remotely good light.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
It's also really odd to replace Old Man Logan when the movie is literally about Logan as an old man working to raise and defend Laura.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

http://www.cbr.com/exclusive-secret-warriors-marvels-resurrxion/

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Is there a single group Kamala isn't going to end up as part of?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Yeah. I think it would've been way more amusing for Moon Girl to just inexplicably be there with three other gritty scowling dudes.

Can we get a Frank McGee: Inhuman PI comic next, please?

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Nov 23, 2016

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Seemlar posted:

The Death of X resolution in no way whatsoever fits with the way any character has acted about Scott in every book in the line up until now. Hilarious.

Sure it does. No one except Emma and Alex knows the truth, so the rest have all acted consistently.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Pureauthor posted:

Is there a single group Kamala isn't going to end up as part of?

She's the new Spidey/Wolvie.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ms. Marvel is the only Inhuman who isn't kind of a horrifying shitbag so they need her.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

Ms. Marvel is the only Inhuman who isn't kind of a horrifying shitbag so they need her.

Hey, Moon Girl's probably pretty chill.

Also, have they fully retconned Daisy's origin to match the TV version, then?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Gaz-L posted:

Also, have they fully retconned Daisy's origin to match the TV version, then?

Oh, I actually forgot Moon Girl was an Inhuman which is silly considering she's right there in the image.

Fair enough. Ms. Marvel and Moon Girl, along with Lockjaw are the Non-Awful Inhumans.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Good thing that's most of the team, then!

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

Haha. Read her comic. She is definitely not 'chill'

Even when she's not stomping around and roaring when mind-swapped with her dinosaur, she's possibly the angriest Marvel character.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Nov 23, 2016

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

JoshTheStampede posted:

Sure it does. No one except Emma and Alex knows the truth, so the rest have all acted consistently.

No they haven't.

What was the big attack that all the mutants hated Scott for that made everyone hate them? That made them want to possibly kill Sunfire for helping?

It was turning a Terrigan cloud harmless. That's it.

Then Black Bolt murders "Cyclops" and everyone seems cool with that.

There was nothing in this series that would have resulted in all the characters hating "Cyclops" for what he did. Nothing at all.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ˇTerrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!
I'm not really sure how this was supposed to make young Cyclops afraid of growing up into adult Cyclops.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

It's almost like the writers don't talk to each other.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

So I don't follow inhumans or x-men stuff that much, why is black bolt a scumbag now?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Cause he yelled at "Cyclops" as he was firing a bolt when Medusa's hair could probably have deflected it.
Other than that, he's no more cold and pragmatic than any other time. Probably much less so now that you can see him out of costume, running a nightclub.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Civil War 2 was not bad until the end with Iron Man just being a complete dick.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Has Quake been retconned into being an inhuman to match her AoS origin?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Codependent Poster posted:

No they haven't.

What was the big attack that all the mutants hated Scott for that made everyone hate them? That made them want to possibly kill Sunfire for helping?

It was turning a Terrigan cloud harmless. That's it.

Then Black Bolt murders "Cyclops" and everyone seems cool with that.

There was nothing in this series that would have resulted in all the characters hating "Cyclops" for what he did. Nothing at all.

lol is that seriously what happens? people act like he's the biggest mutant terrorist to ever live and that's what he did?

this is what it's gonna be like when we learn what fury whispered to thor, isn't it

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

hope and vaseline posted:

Has Quake been retconned into being an inhuman to match her AoS origin?

Yes

Horrible Taste
Oct 12, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

lol is that seriously what happens? people act like he's the biggest mutant terrorist to ever live and that's what he did?

this is what it's gonna be like when we learn what fury whispered to thor, isn't it

Almost certainly.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Please never tell us, Mr. Aaron.

edit: Hulk preview http://www.cbr.com/hulk-1-preview/

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Nov 23, 2016

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

El Tortuga posted:

I'm not really sure how this was supposed to make young Cyclops afraid of growing up into adult Cyclops.

I think the part where Cyclops sent the mass psychic message that instigated a riot in Madrid is the bad thing? I dunno.

They also completely failed to explain where Emma has been all this time. What has she been doing? Plotting to kill more clouds?

So it's gonna be angry Jen? I miss 'got kicked out of the Avengers mansion for partying too hard' Jen.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Monaghan posted:

So I don't follow inhumans or x-men stuff that much, why is black bolt a scumbag now?

Always has been.

Lurdiak posted:

It's almost like the writers don't talk to each other.

It's the same writers.

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
Taking bets on what THE lovely TWIST is in CWII #8.

...Ulysses' power only lets him look into parallel universes. He's not actually predicting anything. They put him on the Moon for his own good.

...Tony's armour explodes while fighting Carol, Steve gets caught in the explosion, Miles runs over to help, they end up in the pose.

...Peter proves it was Norman Osborn behind everything all along, unmasks the plot, and decks Gobby, saving the day and proving once again why he's Marvel's flagship character.

...The Watcher goes "And that's the result of asking What If we let event comics change the status quo every year. I am Uatu, and this is CNN."

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
There'll be an 8 month timejump and no one will say what happened to Tony.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Every prediction made comes true but it only comes true because they tried to stop it.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

My ending with it flashing back to all being one big vision when he first wakes up, and him solving it by running away from the Inhumans when they come to get him would've been the best :colbert:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Teenage Fansub posted:

My ending with it flashing back to all being one big vision when he first wakes up, and him solving it by running away from the Inhumans when they come to get him would've been the best :colbert:

Basing your event on a Nicolas Cage movie is probably a good move.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

It was all just a TV show that someone was watching on Mojoworld.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Ultimates2 is so good. That last page with the tease of the upcoming year has me ready to read the whole thing now. I'm pretty sure that was Justice from the New Universe Also Galactus as a full time member of the Ultimates is going to be the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

Hasn't she also basically filled Marvel's " Wonder Woman-level female A-lister" role that was supposed to go to Captain Marvel? :haw:

• Locked thread