Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Felter Chesthard posted:

I don't think he accepts that trade. I would definitely do it in your shoes.

Thanks. He's making a play for Amari Cooper from another owner, but it sounds like he's down for this deal if he can't get Cooper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!
It's difficult to sit the number 5 most targeted receiver but Tolzien is garbage...TY owners, are you sitting him?

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
I'm sitting him in my 12 team auction for an undecided Kelley/Adams/SSS but I have Carr/DeMarco/AB/Julio and a 9-2 record with a 2-game lead for the #1 seed so I don't really think it matters what I do

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Would you guys trade Kelce for Prescott if you had Newton and Reed?

decypher posted:

It's difficult to sit the number 5 most targeted receiver but Tolzien is garbage...TY owners, are you sitting him?

I am considering it. Maybe dropping him for Diggs.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

decypher posted:

Nah. What's indy gonna do, run the ball and control the clock and lean on their defense? They're gonna be down early and have to throw a lot. I can't justify flexing in a WR3-4 over him

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I am considering it. Maybe dropping him for Diggs.

You obviously meant to type "sitting him for Diggs" here, right?

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!
I have Stewart, Rawls, BMarshall, Booker, and Lewis on my bench, so my situation could be a lot worse admittedly. Just not sure who I like more. Leaning Marshall actually. Or Rawls...

I have Dez, Forte, Jennings, and Tyrell starting so far.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Kelce hasn't been exactly consistent, but Reed has a tough couple games ahead. But judging from which way those teams are trending, I'd take Reed over Kelce. Especially if it meant you got Dak-what a stud.

Why would you considering dropping TY for Diggs? Is Luck supposed to be out for an extended period of time, or is this more for streamings sake?

Drunk Nerds posted:

Nah. What's indy gonna do, run the ball and control the clock and lean on their defense? They're gonna be down early and have to throw a lot. I can't justify flexing in a WR3-4 over him

This is a good point. He may not find the end zone but could see a lot of volume.

decypher fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Nov 23, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Drunk Nerds posted:

You obviously meant to type "sitting him for Diggs" here, right?

Yes.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I've realized I have time to write 12 articles a week or manage my fantasy football teams because my articles have been nails but my teams are all trash :negative:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I'm toying with the idea of running an all Thursday offense this week because there's now realistic way I'm making the playoffs so who gives a gently caress?

Roethlisberger

Gore
Bell

Tate
Crowder

Rudolph

Diggs

I could also grab Matt Prater and the Lions D! :shepface:

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin

decypher posted:

I'm probably not sitting him, but that's mostly because I don't have any decent backups. I'm sure it may screw me over, but we'll see.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I'm not telling you what to do one way or the other with Matt Ryan this week (DSYS) but 3 QBs have multiple TDs against the Cards this season and only one of them threw for them and those 3 were Keenum, Gabbert and Kaepernick. Niners QBs are the only ones with over 20 FP against them.

So.

Ya know.

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Nov 23, 2016

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Im still unsure about playing Hilton. I mean, my WR corps is pretty garbage as it is. I'd be rolling out Jarvis Landry and Corey Coleman otherwise. WW is pretty thin... I have a claim on Tajae Sharp since he had been targeted pretty heavily the last few games... but I don't know. I feel like Hilton is good for at least 10, even with a garbage QB (.5 PPR)

edit - literally my avatar

TUS fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Nov 23, 2016

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Trade Jeremy Hill (possibly with a plus) for Gates and Rishard Matthews?

Rolling with Hunter/Cook at TE, and Evans/Nuk/M. Jones/T. Hill at WR, so could use some help after losing AJG.

Leaves me with Gordon, Gore and Kelly at RB.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Cervixalot posted:

Trade Jeremy Hill (possibly with a plus) for Gates and Rishard Matthews?

Rolling with Hunter/Cook at TE, and Evans/Nuk/M. Jones/T. Hill at WR, so could use some help after losing AJG.

Leaves me with Gordon, Gore and Kelly at RB.

Do not trade a starting running back who is the only game in town unless it's for an upgrade. He will be bad this week but fine ROS.

A backend TE1 and Rishard Matthews does not qualify.

Do not roster Jared Cook.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Spoeank posted:

too late

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Yeah, it's last minute trade deadline shenanigans. Can't get anyone to part with a WR worth a poo poo for my excess of starting RBs, and besides Evans, my WR corps sucks.

TE has been a shitshow for my team this season

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Spoeank posted:

Do not trade a starting running back who is the only game in town unless it's for an upgrade. He will be bad this week but fine ROS.

A backend TE1 and Rishard Matthews does not qualify.

Why not roster Cook? He comes back into a 100+ yard game with a touch down and... he's not worth rostering?

TE sucks this year so he seems just as good as anybody else to me at this moment.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

BonoMan posted:

Why not roster Cook? He comes back into a 100+ yard game with a touch down and... he's not worth rostering?

TE sucks this year so he seems just as good as anybody else to me at this moment.

I get that he's a bad player which is what they're talking about, but he did have 11 targets last week and adds a vertical element to Green Bay's offense, so I'm with you in thinking he's worth a stash.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I'm in a must win matchup this week to keep my playoff chances alive. I currently have Matt Stafford (vs MIN)

Should I pick up any of these guys to play over him this week?

Palmer @ ATL
Kaepernick @ MIA
Wentz vs GB
Tannehill vs SF (Leaning toward this)
Bortles @ BUF
Bradford @ DET
Flacco vs CIN

Standard scoring

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

RCarr posted:

I'm in a must win matchup this week to keep my playoff chances alive. I currently have Matt Stafford (vs MIN)

Should I pick up any of these guys to play over him this week?

Palmer @ ATL
Kaepernick @ MIA
Wentz vs GB
Tannehill vs SF (Leaning toward this)
Bortles @ BUF
Bradford @ DET
Flacco vs CIN

Standard scoring

Tanny and Wentz are the only two I'd start, and I'm leaning Tanny.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Ehhh, pretty strongly disagree. Palmer @Atl is the easy choice. Pretty sure Atlanta gives up like top 3 points to QBs, and Palmer is better on the year than Tannehill and Wentz anyway, despite generally disappointing. Bortles @Buf would be my next choice, though I'm scared as hell to always rely on Bortles garbage time so he's a bit behind Palmer for me.

sourdough fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Nov 23, 2016

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

RVProfootballer posted:

Ehhh, pretty strongly disagree. Palmer @Atl is the easy choice. Pretty sure Atlanta gives up like top 3 points to QBs, and Palmer is better on the year than Tannehill and Wentz anyway, despite generally disappointing. Bortles @Buf would be my next choice, though I'm scared as hell to always rely on Bortles garbage time so he's a bit behind Palmer for me.

Agree with this. The Dolphins have transitioned to more of a ground focused attack and Tannehill just hasn't been very good all year.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
So I just turned Cameron Meredith into Tyler Eifert in standard scoring.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Ok I'm going to grab Palmer. Should I drop Stafford for him? He hasn't been great after his hot start.

Or do I drop someone off my bench?

Corey Coleman
Ryan Mathews
Dion Lewis
Wendell Smallwood
Tyler Boyd

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

BonoMan posted:

Are you familiar with Jared Cook
Are you familiar with GB TEs

http://theinscribermag.com/sports/fantasy-football-start-or-sit-jared-cook-in-week-2.html

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
I am getting the feeling that I'm more down - or at least less up - than most on Watkins, but some of the drops I've seen to pick him up in my leagues (Booker, L. Murray, Ingram) are definitely above where I would be at this point, even if those guys aren't superstars or anything. Am I off base here?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Popero posted:

I am getting the feeling that I'm more down - or at least less up - than most on Watkins, but some of the drops I've seen to pick him up in my leagues (Booker, L. Murray, Ingram) are definitely above where I would be at this point, even if those guys aren't superstars or anything. Am I off base here?

Ingram I could see if they have good starting RBs already, but the other two definitely seem like reaches.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

With how bad the Packers are at running the ball causing them to rely on quick close-to-the-line passes, and how badly they need someone to attack the seam, a healthy Cook has a non-zero chance to be a contributor. He's just as worthy of a stash as anyone else who's probably currently on your WW. I don't think I could trust him enough to start until the usage happens two weeks in a row, but I'd easily rather have him on my bench than Bibbs or the Washingtons or LaFell or some poo poo. If he can get like 5/50 a week with TD potential, that's easily better than like 90% of TEs at this stage in the game. He's certainly a better add for a TE-needy team than whatever Will Tye/Lance Kendricks-level crap that's out there. Richard Rodgers was a top-15 TE last year basically because he caught a handful of TDs in the waning weeks of the season when there was literally no one else on the team who would step up. For all of Jared Cook's faults, he's way loving better than Richard Rodgers.

embrace the chaos

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Counterpoint: Richard Rodgers looks like a friendly bear, and also you get to talk about "Rodgers to Rodgers!" when he catches TDs.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Popero posted:

Nah, those guys are all way better holds than Watkins. It isn't like he was on fire to start the year, or that he only missed 4-5 weeks. Dude's been out forever.

RCarr posted:

Ok I'm going to grab Palmer. Should I drop Stafford for him? He hasn't been great after his hot start.

Or do I drop someone off my bench?

Corey Coleman
Ryan Mathews
Dion Lewis
Wendell Smallwood
Tyler Boyd

Tough. Rest of season I'd stick with Stafford, but none of those other guys are easily droppable. Maybe Boyd, but you'll be kicking yourself if Green is gone for the rest of the year. Honestly not sure what I'd do. Probably dump Boyd if this is a do or die week, and otherwise roll with Stafford if you should be safely into playoffs regardless of this week's outcome.

sourdough fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Nov 23, 2016

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Who's a better lottery ticket for the playoffs, Boyd or Watkins? I have Watkins but boyd is still available.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Watkins is in a worse offense and squarely in "show me" territory whereas Boyd has looked good in limited usage already, in a decent offense, with a mediocre defense that should lead to some shootouts, and Eifert can't do it by himself. Burkhead is a nobody and LaFell sucks.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
So I have one day left to decide whether or not to drop Witten for a different TE like Vance McDonald to serve as my Gronk Insurance. What do y'all think?

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

Vargo posted:

So I have one day left to decide whether or not to drop Witten for a different TE like Vance McDonald to serve as my Gronk Insurance. What do y'all think?

Same boat. I have J. Thomas on my bench from last week but I'm thinking Vance is the better choice if Gronk is out. Which it sounding more and more like he will be.

edit: Or Tye. Hmm. Vance or Tye.

96 spacejam fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Nov 23, 2016

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Teemu Pokemon posted:

Watkins is in a worse offense and squarely in "show me" territory whereas Boyd has looked good in limited usage already, in a decent offense, with a mediocre defense that should lead to some shootouts, and Eifert can't do it by himself. Burkhead is a nobody and LaFell sucks.

But Green might return in a couple of weeks, right?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Teemu Pokemon posted:

With how bad the Packers are at running the ball causing them to rely on quick close-to-the-line passes, and how badly they need someone to attack the seam, a healthy Cook has a non-zero chance to be a contributor. He's just as worthy of a stash as anyone else who's probably currently on your WW. I don't think I could trust him enough to start until the usage happens two weeks in a row, but I'd easily rather have him on my bench than Bibbs or the Washingtons or LaFell or some poo poo. If he can get like 5/50 a week with TD potential, that's easily better than like 90% of TEs at this stage in the game. He's certainly a better add for a TE-needy team than whatever Will Tye/Lance Kendricks-level crap that's out there. Richard Rodgers was a top-15 TE last year basically because he caught a handful of TDs in the waning weeks of the season when there was literally no one else on the team who would step up. For all of Jared Cook's faults, he's way loving better than Richard Rodgers.

embrace the chaos

A second TE to maybe start in week 13 (after seeing it two weeks in a row)?
Against Houston, who allows the fourth-fewest fantasy points to tight ends?
Or week 14, against Seattle, who allows the eighth-fewest?
Or week 15, against Chicago, who allows the ninth-fewest?
And then are you going to trust him in the finals?

I mean.

Sure.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Teemu Pokemon posted:

embrace the chaos

Yeah for sure, Jared Cook the complete shoo-in for 5-50 each week, just like he's managed to hit in 0 previous seasons or in his first three games this year when he went a combined 7-53-0.

Nevermind his schedule to close out the year, as Spoeank says.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Vargo posted:

Witten is squarely above replacement level TE, keep him.

96 spacejam posted:

Same boat. I have J. Thomas on my bench from last week but I'm thinking Vance is the better choice if Gronk is out. Which it sounding more and more like he will be.

edit: Or Tye. Hmm. Vance or Tye.

Julius Thomas sucks. Definitely McDonald over him, but I would not feel good about starting Vance either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Looks like Charles Sims is practicing today and is the team's designated to return from IR player.

Also read on Rotoworld that AP is looking to target Week 15 against Indy for his return.

• Locked thread