Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe
I mean, psh, everybody here knows SurfaceDetail is the only true low hanging fruit troll.

e: This is awkward.

orcinus fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Nov 23, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
I should be the IK. Scrotes out for SD.

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

MeLKoR posted:

You see the same thing in tea party types like Free Republic, they say poo poo that they know is false because they just made it up to generate outrage and inflame support. Then someone else picks it and tweaks it a little. By the end of 300 posts you have complete narrative that they all believe in because their individual contribution became diluted in the whole and 99% of it "they read on a credible site on in the internet".

This guy, the Messi_Knessi one, many others, they know that what they are saying is bullshit but it's for a good cause. After a few months hearing it repeated by others they might even start to believe it themselves. I wish I'd compiled all the statements and events they have attributed to goons/SA over the time. It would make an amazing, surreal read.

Even if you just limit it to SC related things, it would be a novel. My favorite so far is that Derek and SA were hired by EA to make Star Citizen fail because the "evil publishers" are threatened by Chris Roberts and crowd funding.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Lladre posted:

Exactly.

More importantly if this is an example of whats to be in SQ42....

Everybody is focused on the PU but what is really going to blow this poo poo up is when everybody sees anything from Squadron 42. Think about it, it's all so bad that even Chris is ashamed to show any of it in it's current state. I can't stop thinking just how terrible these Hollywood stars must look like in game. Sooner or later he'll have to show what he spent all that money on and it's going to be the laughing stock of the internet.

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Nov 23, 2016

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

orcinus posted:

I mean, psh, everybody here knows SurfaceDetail is the only true low hanging fruit troll.

e: This is awkward.

If LowTax felt any sort of justice in that cold spaceship games heart of his he'd transfer the perma ban from SurfaceDetail's account to Derek's.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

MeLKoR posted:

e:

You're not alone, friend.

e2:

Holy poo poo, everyone is exposed, someone call the FCC.
lol

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5eeihc/keeping_the_lights_on/

S42 Episode 2 will make $48 million on it's own!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsvWVRAsCKo&t=1123s
You'll be able to buy ships with alpha-UEC. I wonder if they'll fix all the exploits, such as shooting a wall to gain aUEC.

Ships will costs 4-10x more in UEC(release, not alpha) than in dollars.

How are they going to balance the price/cost adjustments between dollars/UEC with buying ships/weapons/junk flair? :shrug:

They don't know

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I read a shitload of books, some much better than others. Chris Roberts poo poo is unreadable, and I have slogged through Kevin J Anderson and Harry Turtledove...

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Nov 23, 2016

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

MeLKoR posted:

TheAgent never gets anything right! :argh:

* is totally unconcerned with the fact CIG is already falling behind the schedule they gave him 4 days ago *
look those were just estimates, you obviously don't understand game development

moma will let us know when he gets his evocati invite sometime within the next 2 days

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

MeLKoR posted:

Everybody is focused on the PU but what is really going to blow this poo poo up is when everybody sees anything from Squadron 42. Think about it, it's all so bad that even Chris is ashamed to show any of it in it's current state. I can't stop thinking just how terrible these Hollywood stars must look like in game. Sooner or later he'll have to show what he spent all that money on and it's going to be the laughing stock of the internet.

I'm surprised they haven't announced SQ42 PRelude yet. Its either not even remotely close to ready (by even CIGS standards) or they're waiting for Xmas.

That'll be a huge blow for CIG in any case. Basically anything that has be reviewed and judged outside of the "alpha" defense will murder them.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Star Citizen: Do you all not realize how people act on the internet? :reddit:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Lladre posted:

If LowTax felt any sort of justice in that cold spaceship games heart of his he'd transfer the perma ban from SurfaceDetail's account to Derek's.

Surface detail pink balls the thread which is less bad than blue balling it.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I love how those guys on r/dereksmart don't realize that when I put something in quotes I'm actually quoting someone

quote:

Why would this person express the company expenses in € and then go on to complain about working on Thanksgiving when no country that uses € celebrates Thanksgiving?
watching these guys get riled up over what amounts to someone on the internet saying "my uncle works for nintendo" is hilarious

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

D1E posted:

Maybe we should consider inviting fuzzknot back to be IK. That would be entertaining, at least.

No,
https://i.imgur.com/3iu7i1f.mp4

is the IK we deserve.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I'm guessing Austin are the guys dealing with star marine right now so if the avocados don't get it by then end of today you can probably kiss it goodbye for the rest of the week

Then it'll take a miracle to push that abortion out from all the test phases before the holiday exodus

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Lladre posted:

Is this for real?

I mean, you got this racing car style seat, and no restraints. So basically guy is leaning over perfectly poised to have his spine broken.

Please tell me this was some fan art.

Nope. It was from one of their streams, six months ago.
When rubbery Clarkson looked like a drunkard from the isle of man.

Achamp
Oct 19, 2005
The two hhhwhat.... The two yutes your honor

TheLightPurges posted:

I'm surprised they haven't announced SQ42 PRelude yet. Its either not even remotely close to ready (by even CIGS standards) or they're waiting for Xmas.

That'll be a huge blow for CIG in any case. Basically anything that has be reviewed and judged outside of the "alpha" defense will murder them.

I see this as an asked and answered post. I'm not surprised they haven't released anything. Their gravy train has been running at full steam for years by just talking about WHATS ABOUT TO HAPPEN ANY MINUTE.

Never mind that the release date has been pushed from 2015, to 2016, to 2017. Once they release their Dust514 remake on an engine built in 2009, they are going to get the review they deserve for their work. Fanboys and whales will still defend their thousands of dollars spent on the game to their wives, but this entire SQ42 BS is a distraction from the truth that their "Everything for Everyone" persistent universe isn't really possible.

I'm actually really impressed with Chris Roberts. He may not know much about game development, but he's a marketing genius. An absolute crowdfunding madman.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
also since someone is nicely asking about "how did I not know about the production schedule"

I kinda did, but was told it was going to be a special 10 for the chairman thing and not a letter

TheAgent posted:

hello
  • a special video featuring the chairman will air soon (saying after thanksgiving/early december, might be sooner)
  • will discuss the progress of the game, star marine, 3.0 (internally now being called Beta), ship status, etc
  • lots of information about current systems, gameplay and VS of SQ42 "in the extremely near future"
  • sqlude "very near complete"
  • sqlude "limited but shows what amazing things [CIG] can accomplish"
  • "We're running a Fund-A-Thon." (??)
  • "many, too many" script changes within the last 18 months
  • characters changed locations/scenes leading animators to redo entire scenes by hand or totally recapping actors
  • some characters are no longer featured heavily in the game, will be regulated to side or minor parts
  • FPS scenes featuring vanduul have a "ridiculously hard time" getting into the game
  • "Chris envisioned these things [Vanduul] crouching down, skittering around tight places, viciously pursuing you. They can't even walk down a hallway at full height without getting stuck."
  • "We reworked a lot of what we were originally given. Then [Roberts] comes down, looks at it. It gets changed again, back to the original. The original doesn't work. [Roberts] comes down, looks at it, changes it back. The cycle continues."

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Ghostlight posted:

What's your source for this?

As tru said previously: I've got my sources but I won't say who.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
reminder: this is what citizens think the cover mechanic is
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QW-f4ourFEc&t=232s
lol

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Lladre posted:

G0RF left because he couldn't keep up with the hundreds of pages of white noise that you guys are so fond of defending.

I hope you are happy.

I think he left because he got tired of it, actually.
The last few months before leaving, his longer posts were starting to turn into Derek-style missives that just rehash the previous ones over and over again. He kinda lost interest, it looked like.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Eldragon posted:

Even if you just limit it to SC related things, it would be a novel. My favorite so far is that Derek and SA were hired by EA to make Star Citizen fail because the "evil publishers" are threatened by Chris Roberts and crowd funding.

But that is conjecture, I'm talking about things they state as facts, like FAU deleted photos of Sandi and her kids near her house, or that TheAgent claims he works at CIG. They make this poo poo up all the time about lots of stuff that they claim was said or done here as fact. That cracks me up because it's all so intellectually dishonest. I feel nothing but contempt for these people. gently caress the whales and gently caress anyone that join in and throws money in this furnace at this point. Everybody has had enough time to catch up, I'm all for encouraging people to spend more. :getin:

Enough pussyfooting about poor deluded people, anyone still in deserves what is coming. Maybe they will learn something from it, but probably not. :shrug:

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Yeah after you went into his legal history and dragged out some poo poo out about a traffic violation and tried to be all puppet master about it.

I imagine the only reason you're still here is because no one reported that either, so don't throw shade on someone for something you did.

He said he was going to a federal building. I just helped him clarify which one. .

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

ManofManyAliases posted:

Bullshit source your sources nice beltdown

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Moma's got 99 problems but a source ain't one.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

BYOB K posted:

Yes, time moves on and new people show up to the party. Welcome to the world you live in, enjoy your stay. I enjoy reading the poo poo show that is Star Citizen and MP is funny and right about most of it. Some of us lurkers get tired of the same poo poo posted over and over, that's why MP is the Ik we deserve. Okay? Salut.

Welcome to the thread, friend! :)

Try not to get too upset over people posting. It kind of happens. Feel free to join in with the discussion or share your favorite bunny/dog pictures!

Achamp
Oct 19, 2005
The two hhhwhat.... The two yutes your honor

ManofManyAliases posted:

Call Derek and the Agent bullshitters for never revealing their sources.

Never reveal your sources.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

moma lets play some titanfall 2 later

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
just dont doxx me bro

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

orcinus posted:

Star Citizen: Do you all not realize how people act on the internet? :reddit:

He's right though. :cmon:

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

ManofManyAliases posted:

Doesn't it bother you that they're usually wrong?

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
Also theres a huge chance his inside source is a Concierage Customer service (sales) rep whose giving them the "inside scoop" on whats going down and what to buy.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

thatguy posted:

You and March seem to be very against thread memes but pro-INRI and g0m. If you want me to like quote posts and stuff lol.

If you need this explained to you, you're the joke.

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Lladre posted:

G0RF left because he couldn't keep up with the hundreds of pages of white noise that you guys are so fond of defending.

I hope you are happy.

Guess it was just to hard to put the white noise posters on ignore. Talk about taking your ball and going home :gary:

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Do you think maybe the redditors are mad at TheAgent because he actually seems to get leaks? I kind of get the feeling that internal sources dried up for all of the super creepy stalkfans a year or so ago, and even the cringey face to face meetings that they used to get if they paid the big bucks have ended. I could be totally wrong about that because I don't really read the sub anymore, but it fits my preconceived biases and makes me feel a little better inside so I'm going to roll with it.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
Well they certainly wouldn't be salty if Agent said everything was going great. They aren't writing paragraphs about MOMA being a filthy leaker.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

ManofManyAliases posted:

Have your sources told you when 2.6 is going to the ewokatis? I mean... by how much did Chris "overestimate" this? From "a couple of days" to just "a couple of weeks" is like 700% error...

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Lladre posted:

I crai every tiem.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

TheAgent posted:

moma lets play some titanfall 2 later

LOL citizens don't play video games, they just dream about them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

spacetoaster posted:

I crai every tiem.

lol that was the most cash I'd ever held at once (im a filthy credit card using millennial) so thanks SC thread.

• Locked thread