Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

alf_pogs posted:

does dereks forum cost $10 to join?

yes but you're rewarded with a jpeg of one of his blog posts

his nibs fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Nov 23, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Let's be realistic.

his nibs posted:

yes but you're rewarded with a jpeg of one of his blog posts the purest blue

tastychicken
Jul 17, 2007
Title text goes here

Are they trying to say that Sandi represents the "Predators" that support CIG? Or... am I reading too much into this?

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Derek, I hope its OK if I call you Derek, anyway it was fun while it lasted and I thank you for stopping Deloria stealing my Norwegian goon valor. You should maybe take a break from SC and work on your game or something.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

e:

You're not alone, friend.

e2:

Holy poo poo, everyone is exposed, someone call the FCC.

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Nov 23, 2016

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

MeLKoR posted:

e:

EightAce stated he would not continue to post here, in solidarity with DEREK SMART. However, you never know what Shitizens are referring to, because they're all literally retarded.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
If backers don't care if they have a real game, why should we care if we have real sources?

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

If backers don't care if they have a real game, why should we care if we have real sources?

One thing's for sure: fake sources are much less expensive than a fake game.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Holy poo poo look at this idiot.

BYOB K
Feb 25, 2016

Samizdata posted:

So wrong, so very VERY wrong. Try maybe more than 3 posts since February before you are one of "we", okay? Cheers.

Anyone knows there is only one REAL person for Idiot King... Oh, what? Me? So flattered you would think so.

Yes, time moves on and new people show up to the party. Welcome to the world you live in, enjoy your stay. I enjoy reading the poo poo show that is Star Citizen and MP is funny and right about most of it. Some of us lurkers get tired of the same poo poo posted over and over, that's why MP is the Ik we deserve. Okay? Salut.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

I was thinking my death pool guess was pretty spot on but no. These jerks have to really keep shoving money dreams into this fiasco.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
I'm pretty sure Agent has explicitly said a number of times hes not a CIG employee just hangs out with a bunch of them. Like his office is across the street or something.

The nice thing is on the rare occasion something he says is a little off or crazy its a reflection of the poor employee morale that that is the scuttlebutt.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Samizdata posted:

Actually, it is not that more exciting (other than Frogbear), but you can go here ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.discord&hl=en ) if you like apps, or just rock Discord browser style here ( https://discordapp.com/ ). Since yau didn't ention what model of phone or tablet you has, I went ahead and guessed Android. There, does that help?

Thank you, friend! I actually got it last night. I think I figured out how to message a person and said hello to Beet Wagon, who never responded. Outside of that I have no idea wtf I'm doing with the app or how to get into wherever people hang out at. I'll give it another shot later on though. :)

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

MeLKoR posted:

e:

e2:

this is what scientologists actually believe

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

MeLKoR posted:

e:

e2:

I'm a big fan of the idea of intrepid redditors exposing a guy who's repeatedly told us that he's not a CIG employee. Must have taken some serious effort, they should pat themselves on the back.

Slow_Moe
Feb 18, 2013

So Derek got himself banned...

Hope the comedy train keeps rollin'

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
They're not alone, I know several guys in my office who've bought into SC as prime investment. Hedge fund level of insanity.

All of them think buying in now will let them net some sort of invisible profit in the future when the game comes out. Like D3's RMAH.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

ripptide posted:

lol that they consider any alpha release, let alone that broken piece of gosa, as "bonus' worthy. Methinks they're desperate to hold on to anyone they can, lest the skeletons rattle too loudly.

You can say "poo poo", you know.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Variable 5 posted:

This is what happens when someone who's never seen it hears "Top Gear isn't about the cars" and takes it literally. Where are the shots of the ships with the voiceover?

And the camera wobble and rapid cuts is the exact opposite of what TG/GT do.

CIG is probably safe from Amazon based solely on the fact that it's so much worse than the real thing that there will never be any confusion.

They *had* shots of the ship with the voiceover, and the rubbery space Clarkson driving a ship while yammering bullshit, and all of that crap. Six months ago.

It was even worse, because at its core, Top Gear is poo poo, with the lines as the only thing that holds it together, not the concept or camerawork.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5ecyhq/when_the_game_fully_comes_out_i_hope_cig_does_the/

Holy gently caress, CIG wrote up some huge RP interview talking about the "booth babes" incident.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/spectrum-dispatch/15611-Clean-Shot-IAE-Controversy

quote:

HORATIO PRIZZLER: Let me start by clearing the record. Drake Interplanetary booths in no way violated IAE policy. This is all just a giant misunderstanding that’s been blown out of proportion by certain interests that, let’s say, prefer unwarranted negative connotations stick to Drake.

Explain to our audience what this “misunderstanding” is, ‘cause reports from IAE officials are that a fine has been levied against Drake for hiring scantily clad woman to promote your products. That appears to be a clear violation of the IAE code meant to promote a comfortable and welcoming environment and keep the focus on ships, not booth staff.

HORATIO PRIZZLER: To start, the accusation that Drake has hired so-called “booth babes” is ridiculous.

Let me stop you there. I walked by a number of your booths yesterday and did see women dressed in suggestive outfits, dancing about and beckoning me over. They have not been allowed back on the show floor today while the issues gets sorted out. From Drake’s perspective, how is this not a violation of the IAE’s policy?

HORATIO PRIZZLER: Those lovely individuals were not hired by Drake to promote our products, which we can all agree would be a clear violation. No, they were part of a cross promotion with Cynosure Entertainment to promote the new vid Shadow Siren. These performers were dressed as characters from the show, which follows an all-female Caterpillar crew that may be the last, best hope to save Humankind from the Vanduul.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Google Butt posted:

give me an example
You and March seem to be very against thread memes but pro-INRI and g0m. If you want me to like quote posts and stuff lol.

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

MeLKoR posted:

e:

e2:

Wait, how could The Agent be "proven wrong on everything on the live stream" when he didn't offer any predictions on the live stream? Or in the last 3000 posts I missing the first post where TheAgent was actually proven wrong?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

If this is one of you :golfclap:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

MeLKoR posted:

e:

e2:

I don't recall them being outed? I think EightAce said he was done with the thread when Derek got banned, but TheAgent never implied he was anything more than a third party totally unrelated to CIG. Whoever his contact(s) are, if any, totally unknown.

He's got a good enough track record. I think it'd be better if CIG wasn't changing everything every 45 minutes internally, so he's as accurate as anybody can be. He's got some good gems too. I personally always enjoy seeing what he brings because I can just imagine Chris Roberts going off about something in his list like a child with a bad vocabulary. :shobon:

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Eldragon posted:

Wait, how could The Agent be "proven wrong on everything on the live stream" when he didn't offer any predictions on the live stream? Or in the last 3000 posts I missing the first post where TheAgent was actually proven wrong?

TheAgent is more accurate than Derek anymore.

Shitizens (and MoMA) decry his predictions and rumors, but they tend to be pretty good.

Long story short, they didn't prove him wrong.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

orcinus posted:

They *had* shots of the ship with the voiceover, and the rubbery space Clarkson driving a ship while yammering bullshit, and all of that crap. Six months ago.

It was even worse, because at its core, Top Gear is poo poo, with the lines as the only thing that holds it together, not the concept or camerawork.

Is this for real?

I mean, you got this racing car style seat, and no restraints. So basically guy is leaning over perfectly poised to have his spine broken.

Please tell me this was some fan art.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

Eldragon posted:

I can't think of anything offhand where Agent was completely dead nuts wrong about. Theres plenty of stuff that's just unverifiable though so maybe that.

Hes been right about enough super specific stuff (like 2.7-3.0, contents of the shows, etc) that I thinks its indisputable he has some sort of In.

Agent has said twice now that no one will believe but that one of his sources is toast. Since he's said that MOMA has gotten super shrill and salty about Agent so lol if its true.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Inkel posted:

Holy gently caress, CIG wrote up some huge RP interview talking about the "booth babes" incident.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/spectrum-dispatch/15611-Clean-Shot-IAE-Controversy

I read a couple of paragraphs of that thing and I feel nothing but shame for anyone that thinks it's real good and world building.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
Of all the things to "address" they picked that.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

The Titanic posted:

He's got a good enough track record. I think it'd be better if CIG wasn't changing everything every 45 minutes internally, so he's as accurate as anybody can be. He's got some good gems too. I personally always enjoy seeing what he brings because I can just imagine Chris Roberts going off about something in his list like a child with a bad vocabulary. :shobon:

TheAgent never gets anything right! :argh:

* is totally unconcerned with the fact CIG is already falling behind the schedule they gave him 4 days ago *

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

TheLightPurges posted:

I can't think of anything offhand where Agent was completely dead nuts wrong about. Theres plenty of stuff that's just unverifiable though so maybe that.

Hes been right about enough super specific stuff (like 2.7-3.0, contents of the shows, etc) that I thinks its indisputable he has some sort of In.

Agent has said twice now that no one will believe but that one of his sources is toast. Since he's said that MOMA has gotten super shrill and salty about Agent so lol if its true.

In that case, clearly the Citizens are using the new modern Millennial Truth™: where what is true and false is determined not by verifiable facts, but by whatever causes the least emotional harm.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Lladre posted:

Is this for real?

I mean, you got this racing car style seat, and no restraints. So basically guy is leaning over perfectly poised to have his spine broken.

Please tell me this was some fan art.

Must I link you to the thousands of YTs of deskeletonized citizens? It's a feature, not a bug.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

The Titanic posted:

I don't recall them being outed? I think EightAce said he was done with the thread when Derek got banned, but TheAgent never implied he was anything more than a third party totally unrelated to CIG. Whoever his contact(s) are, if any, totally unknown.

TheAgent was the only one giving out decent info. EightAce has been irrelevant for months now. Whatever user on that shared account that had actual info moved on.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

moveable shape posted:

Bootcha left when :fuzzknot: ate a week probation. He was sharing poo poo right up till that point and probably weeks/months after making contact with Derek.

Bootcha was silent for months while fuzzknot was in her manic phase. He'd pop in maybe once a month, say he doesn't care about SC poo poo anymore, and leave. So not *quite* entirely true.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

MeLKoR posted:

I read a couple of paragraphs of that thing and I feel nothing but shame for anyone that thinks it's real good and world building.

Exactly.

More importantly if this is an example of whats to be in SQ42....

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

:D That immediatly reminded me of the time @ Microsoft GDC party hired go-go dancers to perform

quote:

Microsoft GDC party criticised for exotic dancers, Phil Spencer apologises

Microsoft came under fire last night as a corporate-sponsored GDC party made numerous attendees feel unwelcome due to the presence of exotic dancers dressed as scantily-clad schoolgirls.

Various video game developers found Microsoft's use of exotic dancers at what should be an event for people of all stripes to be deeply offensive.

Microsoft had sponsored sessions designed to encourage female game developers at GDC, so the presentation of women at this after-party was seen as a huge backstep for a company attempting to address the issue elsewhere at the same event.

Here's a selection of choice tweets regarding the matter:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-03-18-microsoft-gdc-party-criticised-for-exotic-dancers-phil-spencer-apologises

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

orcinus posted:

Bootcha was silent for months while fuzzknot was in her manic phase. He'd pop in maybe once a month, say he doesn't care about SC poo poo anymore, and leave. So not *quite* entirely true.

Maybe we should consider inviting fuzzknot back to be IK. That would be entertaining, at least.

Of all the people we have lost, I miss G0RF the most. That guy was absolutely terrific at delivering serious, in-depth, thoughtful and balanced articles on Star Citizen, especially among the greater context of other large, massively-delayed and over-hyped projects.

I hope he went on to a successful career in journalism.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

D1E posted:

Maybe we should consider inviting fuzzknot back to be IK. That would be entertaining, at least.

Of all the people we have lost, I miss G0RF the most. That guy was absolutely terrific at delivering serious, in-depth, thoughtful and balanced articles on Star Citizen, especially among the greater context of other large, massively-delayed and over-hyped projects.

I hope he went on to a successful career in journalism.

G0RF left because he couldn't keep up with the hundreds of pages of white noise that you guys are so fond of defending.

I hope you are happy.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Eldragon posted:

In that case, clearly the Citizens are using the new modern Millennial Truth™: where what is true and false is determined not by verifiable facts, but by whatever causes the least emotional harm.

You see the same thing in tea party types like Free Republic, they say poo poo that they know is false because they just made it up to generate outrage and inflame support. Then someone else picks it and tweaks it a little. By the end of 300 posts you have complete narrative that they all believe in because their individual contribution became diluted in the whole and 99% of it "they read on a credible site on in the internet".

This guy, the Messi_Knessi one, many others, they know that what they are saying is bullshit but it's for a good cause. After a few months hearing it repeated by others they might even start to believe it themselves. I wish I'd compiled all the statements and events they have attributed to goons/SA over the time. It would make an amazing, surreal read.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

MeLKoR posted:

e2:

Star Citizen: Low hanging fruit tro;;

• Locked thread