Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Is using drizzle a bad way to try to get the rain only spawns? Will it ever randomly rain in these places? Will it predictably rain in these places?

I thought I would step from the chaining slowpoke to the slowbro like maybe slowbro would call more slowbros but after eight turns he wouldn't call for help and a second adrenaline orb did nothing so I guess you can't do that?

Farming a king's rock is extremely loving awful right now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Agoat posted:

It's great to have ice moves but not the typing usually.

not as bad as

grass

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
You can't spell grass without rear end

And also gr, the sound I make when I think of what a bad type grass is

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

AlphaKretin posted:

Same but one, after a Swords Dance (Disguise is so useful for set-up).

he used protect first turn, which is the only reason it wasn't a 1 hit kill

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

speaking of the worst type in the game, grass, decidueye's movepool is incredible and I really want to see where it lands when everything isn't completely insane

i don't think it's quite as bad as people immediately thought

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

also give primarina recovery and calm mind

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

My roommate and I would both like to play my one physical cartridge of Pokémon Moon -- is this possible? It seems like there's only one save slot?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Krinkle posted:

Is using drizzle a bad way to try to get the rain only spawns?

In XY only naturally occurring rain triggered Sliggoo's evolution. Rain Dance and Drizzle would not. Might be the same for spawning rain-dependent mons in SM.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Ruggington posted:

also give primarina recovery and calm mind

Give the drat horse Slack Off

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

enojy posted:

My roommate and I would both like to play my one physical cartridge of Pokémon Moon -- is this possible? It seems like there's only one save slot?

It's an artifact from the RBY days where the game was so massive and haphazardly programmed they could only fit one save slot, plus it encouraged people to buy their own copy if they wanted to play.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
The Anchor is real interesting too since it spins, spin blocks, and has good stab and physical bulk.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

enojy posted:

yes, pokemon games have always had only one save slot. you can play the same game if you're not fussy about missing stuff

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Countblanc posted:

Give the drat horse Slack Off

horsepowdon

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Calaveron posted:

Oh man I love that band

Just beat the electric trial. I love how they kinda fake you out with how the trials are gonna go, with the first one being just oh hunt down these lovely pokemon until the door to the totem opens, and then the water one is a bit more involved, with amusing NPC interactions, and then by the fire one all bets are off and they're just very funny and entertaining while still maintaining the general gist of beating up some lovely pokemons until the big one shows up

Fairy one is the best:

"Hi, I'm a Captain. Here's a Z-Crystal. Maybe I should make a challenge sometime."

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

grass and great come from the same celtic word, for "good"

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Calaveron posted:

It's an artifact from the RBY days where the game was so massive and haphazardly programmed they could only fit one save slot, plus it encouraged people to buy their own copy if they wanted to play.

To be fair, since like Gen 3 or 4 they filled that space with a back up of your last save in case things went to poo poo. They probably have room for 2* that on 3DS though, especially with SD cards.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
High Horsepower is a super lame signature move but at least it ignores Grassy Terrain. It should be 80 power with a self heal or lower Special Attack

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I like that after I beat the first Kahuna the NPC's remarked it was really impressive I didn't have to use Z power.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

give the horse curse

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

The Horse is a hard worker who does not slack off, nor does he cuss.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

less laughter posted:

In XY only naturally occurring rain triggered Sliggoo's evolution. Rain Dance and Drizzle would not. Might be the same for spawning rain-dependent mons in SM.

I'm reading the serebii tables and it seems to suggest in the rain it just naturally starts off you're fighting a slowbro or poliwhirl, where if I chain for 20 minutes I get to see one. I mean it works it just sucks rear end.

The poliwhirl I eventually summoned, and the slowbro, both, did not have a king's rock. Compound eyes might have to be the pokemon that observes the new guy come in to work. I have conflicting reports but by loving sheer happenstance butterfree was out when the slowbro finally came out and it didn't work.

Krinkle fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Nov 23, 2016

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Friend upon seeing trumbeak: "these designs are so stupid, what even is this"

Friend upon seeing mudbray: "what the hell, that's just a donkey"

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

whoever decided that wild Riolu should have Final Gambit should be punched in the mouth until they learn their lesson

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

Countblanc posted:

Extremely rude

Pneumatic Wizard
Oct 9, 2012

Buglord

Guess it's time to shower Munchlax in coins for a while...

Update: The Gastly started to struggle just after I got everything but hold back down to 0pp, 36pp left in hold back.

Pneumatic Wizard fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Nov 23, 2016

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

So local gamestore just told me they didn't receive any shipments of this and have no idea when/if they'll get any. Any downside to just getting this digitally I should be aware off?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I got a Mareanie pretty fast

Now I have it and a goomy friend. Things are luckin up for me!

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Ruggington posted:

speaking of the worst type in the game, grass, decidueye's movepool is incredible and I really want to see where it lands when everything isn't completely insane

i don't think it's quite as bad as people immediately thought

He's good, imo (I know basically nothing of the meta for these games so hey)

You can teach him Steel Wing so a Fairy type is no longer "Welp, we're gonna be here a while" for me.

Avalerion posted:

So local gamestore just told me they didn't receive any shipments of this and have no idea when/if they'll get any. Any downside to just getting this digitally I should be aware off?

Why is it no one on the Forums but me goes to Walmart/Target/Best Buy for games? They always get a shitload of stock for big releases and the time you spend walking to the back balances out since they don't try to upsell you on future preorders/Game Informer/trading your games in.

Go to big box stores, dog

The digital downside is Nintendon't do digital very well and it's a hassle to save your games if your 3DS dies or is stolen or w/e, but other than that and the game taking up like 3 GB, nah, go for it

Soul Glo fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Nov 23, 2016

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Calaveron posted:

Aw shoot. I was hoping she could have her own character and play through the story. Oh well. Thanks!

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
gently caress the postgame

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
Is there something about using the Dash on lapras that makes rippling spots dissapear? Because this is like the 15th time I've gone up to one only to have it disappear.

Also, i caught my first shiny that wasn't a red garydos, it was a shiny slowpoke. So now I have no idea what to evolve my off color poke into.

Countblanc posted:

Sever

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

OneDeadman posted:

Is there something about using the Dash on lapras that makes rippling spots dissapear? Because this is like the 15th time I've gone up to one only to have it disappear.

Also, i caught my first shiny that wasn't a red garydos, it was a shiny slowpoke. So now I have no idea what to evolve my off color poke into.

Sever

They also disappear if you're running by them on land. They're the new rustling spots and going fast makes them disappear.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Pneumatic Wizard posted:

Update: The Gastly started to struggle just after I got everything but hold back down to 0pp, 36pp left in hold back.

so many people are getting caught by this, and heck i enjoy gamefreaks troll

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Should I go for Dazzling or Wonder Skin on a Bruxish? This is for doubles, if it helps. I can see Dazzling being useful to avoid fake outs and other common priority moves, but Wonder Skin can't be discounted for sheer annoyance.

Bruxish is actually pretty cool, if you haven't considered one yet. The ability to stop priority combined with a priority move of its own in Aqua Jet, a signature move that destroys screens and clocks in at a respectable 85 BP, and it can even set trick room if that's something you're into. Plus, it's fabulous.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Lusamine has extremely good taste in pokemon.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Soul Glo posted:

Why is it no one on the Forums but me goes to Walmart/Target/Best Buy for games?

Cause my lovely EU country does not have those. :downs: Cheers though, d/ling this now.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Still no retailers bundling moon/ sun w/ a 3ds? Was hoping to pick both up for about $120-130. Guess I'll need to pay $150+

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

it's incredibly frustrating that there's no way to track which Zygarde cells you've picked up--I'm going through a serebii guide and it's really annoying to go to stops you've already been

Anyone without a guide would not be able to get 100% Zygarde

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

Pneumatic Wizard posted:

Throw a pokeball, doofus. You can catch low level mons from full health in regular balls no problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Sade posted:

Throw a pokeball, doofus. You can catch low level mons from full health in regular balls no problem.
That's a trainer battle, doofus.