Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Pinch Me Im Meming posted:

a ghost is inside a ghost.

ghost ghost

Its a standard ghost story until it is revealed in a SHOCKING twist that the first ghost was just trying to bring the second ghost to the attention of the ghostbusters.

WHO YA GONNA CALL?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
A film where Bruce Willies thinks he's a ghost, but actually he's alive.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
A movie about a ghost but it turns out it's just a smelly old lady

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
For a long time I've wanted to make a movie where a zombie planet has a human outbreak. And the zombies are just like, totally hosed, because the humans are faster and smarter than them.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

temple posted:

Slow on the comedy, this is getting more funny than GBS can handle

weak wrists big dick
Dec 18, 2012

good job. you are getting legitametly upset because I won't confrom to your secret internet cliques gross social standards. Sorry I don't like anime. Sorry I don't like being gross on the internet. Sorry that you are getting caremad.

your stupid shit internet argument is also only half true once I get probated, so checkmate anyways but nice try.

]

Light Gun Man posted:

For a long time I've wanted to make a movie where a zombie planet has a human outbreak. And the zombies are just like, totally hosed, because the humans are faster and smarter than them.

This... might just be... your citizen kane...

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

Light Gun Man posted:

Steak... rare... with fries...

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Light Gun Man posted:

You could call it... Night of the Living.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
so i missed it but they finally released another commentary track, this time for grimlins: http://redlettermedia.bandcamp.com/track/gremlins-1984-commentary-track

also a highlight video from the last hitb.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSEqVqmYhrk

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Anyone listen to the Gremlins commentary yet?

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
listening to it now. some solid pedophilia jokes.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

How about a movie where the twist is the thing in the wall is just a raccoon or something but the mom has gone crazy by the time the kid finds out the truth and it ends in an attempted murder-suicide? Basically a Babadook scenario but with an ending more grounded in reality.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
The highlight of Ghost in the Shell will be knowing that these guys will probably review it.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep
Only if Rich has to explain the entire franchise to them.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.
New Half in the Bag:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x01l_jMhjVM

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
I just remembered that CineD loves Gremlins 2. Like they think it's a lot better than part 1.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
the only gremlins I've ever seen is the clips in the phantom menace review.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Gremlins is a great movie. You should watch it.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
Their idea for Gremlins 3 is surprisingly great.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

super sweet best pal posted:

How about a movie where the twist is the thing in the wall is just a raccoon or something but the mom has gone crazy by the time the kid finds out the truth and it ends in an attempted murder-suicide? Basically a Babadook scenario but with an ending more grounded in reality.

How was the ending of Babadook not grounded in reality?

Randarkman posted:

Gremlins is a great movie. You should watch it.

Speaking as someone who first watched Gremlins as an adult in the year 2016, it's OK.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

OctoberCountry posted:

Their idea for Gremlins 3 is surprisingly great.

Whose, RLM's? Key and peeles?

Was key and peele saying cowboys in back to the future 3 was bad like gremlins two was bad? I don't know how to process anything today.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Schweinhund posted:

I just remembered that CineD loves Gremlins 2. Like they think it's a lot better than part 1.

I love Gremlins 2 because it's insane and entertaining as poo poo, what? Are there people out there who actually don't like Gremlins 2? I mean, people who have actually watched it and not just seen a Key & Peele sketch on it.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.

King Vidiot posted:

I love Gremlins 2 because it's insane and entertaining as poo poo, what? Are there people out there who actually don't like Gremlins 2? I mean, people who have actually watched it and not just seen a Key & Peele sketch on it.

Best part was when he turned into Rambo

Look at this tiny fucker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jHhLIx6Ib4

edit: :member:

MrSlam fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Nov 23, 2016

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Hmm.. maybe I should watch Gremlins 2 today.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     

King Vidiot posted:

it's watchable but it's corny and dumb.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
cineD probably thinks gremlins 2 was about 9/11.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Gremlins 2 is retarded and I love it for it

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

dreezy posted:

cineD probably thinks gremlins 2 was about 9/11.

President Clamp was elected on 11/9, so yes, ring theory works, it is like poetry.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
A movie about a dog learning the way of the samurai, but it turns out he's a ghost.

Call it "SCair Bud: Ronin Retriever".

Light Gun Man posted:

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Gremlins 2 is decent at best, and far from Joe Dante's best work. However, it's him just completely unhinged and off the rails, so I gotta respect that.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Light Gun Man posted:

I liked the side story of the schlocky vampire guy pursuing a job as a reporter. Possible future Mike?

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Wicker Man posted:

I liked the side story of the schlocky vampire guy pursuing a job as a reporter. Possible future Mike?

Hey everybody great news I got Al Lewis for our gremlins sequel. Al Lewis! .... "grampa munster". We'll make him wear his costume from a completely different series so everyone knows it's grampa munster. We don't have the rights so we'll call him "grampa fred" haha 80s cocaine is the best.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

Krinkle posted:

80s cocaine is the best.

It was dude. Oh yes it was.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Pinch Me Im Meming posted:

It was dude. Oh yes it was.

It made Rich EVANS.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Gildiss posted:

It made Rich EVANS.

I thought him and Mike are old rear end Gen Xers from the 70s.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

FedEx Mercury posted:

I thought him and Mike are old rear end Gen Xers from the 70s.

It was from the time Mr. Evans was only know as "Rich", after is Dick-the-birthday-boy days.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Light Gun Man posted:

The whole movie is Joe Dante not giving a gently caress and making way a better Looney Tunes movie than when he actually got to make a Looney Tunes movie.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Gremlins 2 is great because it's a movie that aggressively does not give a single poo poo about anything.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

both gremlins are great but gremlins 1 is better.

ghoulies movies came out around the same time and they are dogshit. but i remember thinking they were cool because they were pg13 but had boobs in them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.
Gremlins > Goblins (Trolls) > Critters = Killer Tomatoes > Ghoulies > CHUDs > Munchie

• Locked thread