Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Internet Webguy posted:

Hillary lost the election. Thanks, Obama.

I mean Barack wasn't the pilot but all these "Obama stride unhurt from the wreckage of the democratic party" cartoons are kind of true. Obama is going to be Clinton levels of idolised out of office with Trump as his follow up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Taciturn Tactician posted:

I mean Barack wasn't the pilot but all these "Obama stride unhurt from the wreckage of the democratic party" cartoons are kind of true. Obama is going to be Clinton levels of idolised out of office with Trump as his follow up.

Well, I always thought that Obama's legacy would be Obamacare, which I imagined eventually being developed into an actual socialized health program. It brought me glee to envision Obama being credited with improving and saving the lives of millions, all from a petty republican nickname.

That would require the ACA to not get murdered, though. :smith:

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Well, I always thought that Obama's legacy would be Obamacare, which I imagined eventually being developed into an actual socialized health program. It brought me glee to envision Obama being credited with improving and saving the lives of millions, all from a petty republican nickname.

That would require the ACA to not get murdered, though. :smith:

Cold comfort but if the ACA is murder then his legacy will be trying to improve and save the lives of millions but because the Republicans were so petty and sour about it being named after him that they elected an alleged serial rapist reality TV gameshow host to stop him.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Internet Webguy posted:

Hillary lost the election. Thanks, Obama.

This...is actually a good cartoon.

1) Obama's approval numbers are good and steadily getting better. He's got a good deal of time left on this earth, most people like him, some people adore him. He'll be one of our most popular ex-presidents.
2) Obama and his inner circle couldn't ever be arsed to put in the nitty-gritty work of party building. There was a huge opportunity to mechanize and make the Obama coalition a dominant political force post-2008, the way unions used to be, and...no one did anything. I like Obama and voted for him twice, but this and the bloated national security state are his biggest sins. But they won't change #1 for most people.

So yeah. It's basically like the cartoon.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Kirschen posted:

Please show your thanks by giving something to help support our fight against BDS!
Labels: BDS, Boycott, Israel, Thanksgiving, Turkey

jesus christ kirschen will use any excuse to ask for money

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

In this, we are agreed.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

of all the lovely comics i've seen lately this one is the one that made me irrationally angry

god drat you JRRose!

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

the last thing a Palestinian kid will see

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Aww, Lil' Yaakov's first Thanksgiving drawing!

quote:

You supported him, idiot.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Honestly replace that turkey leg with a candy bar labeled "Halloween".

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!
We need to post this forever, because it's EXACTLY what's happening

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Farking Bastage posted:

[ ] BERNIE

- Look, I'm willing to work with the Republicans and hey, $10/hr, fine...poo poo, why not $8...I mean, the border wall's at least a jobs program
- Also Democrats are evil for working with the Republicans
- Also, blacks and gays....shaddup for a minute, would you?
- I didn't really mean that last one, well maybe I did, words these days, so crazy, you know?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

With all that Kirschen has been talking about the US election, you'd think he'd have a little concern about an actual Nazi-pandering anti-Semite as one of the President-Elect's closest advisors.

*posts 100th BDS cartoon*

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

of all the lovely comics i've seen lately this one is the one that made me irrationally angry

god drat you JRRose!

You're not the first person to get really worked up at JRRose! and I still don't understand. It's a picture of Santa encroaching on Thanksgiving, it's super harmless, to me anyway. You said it's irrational but would you still mind working out the reason why that cartoon angered you?

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Cape Cod Crab Chip posted:

You're not the first person to get really worked up at JRRose! and I still don't understand. It's a picture of Santa encroaching on Thanksgiving, it's super harmless, to me anyway. You said it's irrational but would you still mind working out the reason why that cartoon angered you?
I'm not angry about it myself, but I imagine the sheer banality of it versus all the actual important crazy poo poo going on that a political cartoonist could be spending effort on commenting about could get to somebody.

On the other hand, it's JRRose!

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

D.N. Nation posted:

[ ] BERNIE

- Look, I'm willing to work with the Republicans and hey, $10/hr, fine...poo poo, why not $8...I mean, the border wall's at least a jobs program
- I didn't really mean that last one, well maybe I did, words these days, so crazy, you know?

My god :discourse:
Too good

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Obamacare cut that tumor out of my kneebone. A good comic.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Lord Hydronium posted:

I'm not angry about it myself, but I imagine the sheer banality of it versus all the actual important crazy poo poo going on that a political cartoonist could be spending effort on commenting about could get to somebody.

On the other hand, it's JRRose!

yeah it's just the banality, maybe the poo poo eating grin on the santa. I dunno. JRRose! sometimes gets to me for some reason.

E: To clarify, I hate Branco. He's a poo poo artist with terrible ideas but at least I can see a point to him - he makes hateful hack comics for everyone's racist idiot uncle. But JRRose!? what's even the point of him.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Lord Hydronium posted:

With all that Kirschen has been talking about the US election, you'd think he'd have a little concern about an actual Nazi-pandering anti-Semite as one of the President-Elect's closest advisors.

*posts 100th BDS cartoon*

He's more than done cartoons about how anti-Semitism elsewhere means all Jews should move to Israel (usually with the subtext of "and then kill or expel the filthy subhuman Arabs from our pure nation"), so I imagine that'll be the tack he takes, if he ever gets around to it.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!
Fair enough! I like JRRose! or at least tolerate him precisely because he's so often apolitical and doesn't bother being in the opinion business. Sure, he's conservative and wrong when he bothers to be political but that he often doesn't is, I think, preferable. Best say nothing if you don't have anything to say. JRRose! is dadjokes dot cartoonist, he makes his living telling jokes for people whose sense of humor is alien to mine.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Fair enough! I like JRRose! or at least tolerate him precisely because he's so often apolitical and doesn't bother being in the opinion business. Sure, he's conservative and wrong when he bothers to be political but that he often doesn't is, I think, preferable. Best say nothing if you don't have anything to say. JRRose! is dadjokes dot cartoonist, he makes his living telling jokes for people whose sense of humor is alien to mine.

it's not always, just sometimes. He did this stupid one which I like for pretty much the same reason I dislike all his other stuff (it's stupid and banal):

maybe I wouldn't like it if Bush had a big poo poo eating grin on his face

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Matt Lubchansky updated Norman Rockwell's "Freedom from Want"

Gemma Correll on the monsters of the internet.

Ben Passmore on getting arrested for protesting the Klan, the importance on not looking like Steve Buscemi in mugshots, and BASEBALL SLIDE!

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

No really, hear me.

Have a good party with family. Politics is important, but not remotelly has important has family. If you need to, go to the internet and find some topic to talk about that is safe. I suggest movies, maybe talk about the movies that are in the making.

Don't be one of these families that have a big problem in that special day.

gently caress politics, and specially, gently caress politicians.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

D.N. Nation posted:

[ ] BERNIE

another fine post from the democratic primaries 6 months ago, d.n. nation! now tell us more about who you hate on twitter

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

SwitchbladeKult posted:

Cold comfort but if the ACA is murder then his legacy will be trying to improve and save the lives of millions but because the Republicans were so petty and sour about it being named after him that they elected an alleged serial rapist reality TV gameshow host to stop him.

Uh, you are aware that Republicans and Frank Lutz are the ones that came up with calling it Obamacare, right?
And being petty is kind of the Republican's thing, look into why Newt shutdown the government back in the 90s.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

The War on Christmas has finally gone feral.

Charles Manson's tattoo takes the most unusual turn.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I think it's supposed to be a kippah but he hosed it up.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
How out of touch do you have to be to think that this is the problem people have?
Alternately, what is Branco's definition of "great" (and for that matter "liberal agenda") that he thinks this is a terrifying concept?

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Where can I get one of these liberal agenda briefcases?

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Tei posted:

gently caress politics, and specially, gently caress politicians.

New thread title?

:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Trump's ambassadorial proposal – British ministers rebuff an unconventional call by the US president-elect for Nigel Farage to be appointed UK ambassador to the United States"

Telegraph:

Embassy cigarettes - Wikipedia

Independent:

Philip Hammond admits Brexit vote means £122bn extra borrowing

Times:

After Grant Wood.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Those dumb Democrats, accurately pointing out the Klan/David Duke/Neo-nazis/etc.'s love of Trump.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Vib Rib posted:

How out of touch do you have to be to think that this is the problem people have?
Alternately, what is Branco's definition of "great" (and for that matter "liberal agenda") that he thinks this is a terrifying concept?

You know, a return to the good old days: where men were men, women were subservient, gays lived lives of closeted terror, and black people knew best not to let the sun set on you in this here town, boy.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

loving hell I hate this stupid trope. Every person I know who was adamant that Obama was Satan-incarnate is like "Oh, stop worrying! What if things work out?"

It's never "oh, once he does this thing that will actually get passed in DC, then this, then this," it's always the patronizing "oh, well it might work out!"

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

People shouldn't complain and protest - "we owe it to our own democratic system to accept what has happened and hope for the best."

Ah, yes, the America way: Things not the way you like it? Lie down and take it.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Farking Bastage posted:

Reminder:

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

D.N. Nation posted:

Those dumb Democrats, accurately pointing out the Klan/David Duke/Neo-nazis/etc.'s love of Trump.
I noticed this in Garrison's comic about the media accusing Trump and his cronies of racism, too. The whole of the comic is "they sure are calling us racists a lot". And no attempt is made to refute that claim, or even to make that claim seem ridiculous (by, for instance, having the strawman democrat make a really dumb and crazy argument that drinking water is racist or having a job is racist). It's just that they get called racist and that's that.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Bill Leak:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
That's like 5 too many skyscrapers for Canberra CBD.

• Locked thread