Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

folder posted:

12 is one of my favourites just because i thought the world and music were very good. i liked the turkish/arabic style they used in some of the settings.

It's been on my list of games to go back to and now that there's an HD 9k 60FPS rerelease in the works -- looks like I got my wish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swamp waste
Nov 4, 2009

There is some very sensual touching going on in the cutscene there. i don't actually think it means anything sexual but it's cool how it contrasts with modern ideas of what bad ass stuff should be like. It even seems authentic to some kind of chivalric masculine touching from a tyme longe gone

Coolguye posted:

i even tried to be earnest about how awful it was, going all if you want to criticize this poo poo you might want to write your own poo poo to get a real understanding of how these things are made and qualify yourself and your own tastes, then linked the greatest movie director of the 20th century saying the same thing as support

Your right but those guys dont care obviously. I just go into threads like that to post "i like the opera scene" once every 2 years or so

elf help book posted:

people who hate games and know a million tiny details about them to explain exactly whats bad about it come off like crazy conspiracy theorists

Haha

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I like the Opera scene as well

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

The XIII series is good and anyone who disagrees is a slave to their nostalgia.

I didn't make it through my first playthrough on PS3 when it came out, but I recently played it all the way through on PC and loved it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's a very beautiful game on PS3. it's a lot of background dressing because of the structure of the game but those hallways looked astounding, and even better when I revisited on PC

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My eyes saw those numerals wrong and for 5 seconds I thought there was a PS3/PC version of 12

Captain Fuck Face
May 6, 2007

:] i like to read post :]
Roman numerals can be tricky, let's all be more careful in the future

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

folder posted:

12 is one of my favourites just because i thought the world and music were very good. i liked the turkish/arabic style they used in some of the settings.

Ya and I like how low key the plot is too. IIRC its just like a political drama straight thru the end

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Participating in a final fantasy version of the death start 2 assault while chaining perfect quickenings on the final boss was awesome

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ff12 is one of the few games I quit and restart to beat. I got totally stumped on the cid fight and restarted the whole game for some reason to beat it

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Captain gently caress Face posted:

Roman numerals can be tricky, let's all be more careful in the future

they're an important distinction.... there's a reason there's Metal Gear Solid, MGS2, MGS3, MGS4, and MGSV

folder
Oct 9, 2016

rediscover posted:

Ya and I like how low key the plot is too. IIRC its just like a political drama straight thru the end

same but can also see that as a criticism - the broader plot is good and has matsuno's style but plays out v slowly and for most of the game your party's job is to worry about nethicite while interesting things happen in a different country

Captain Fuck Face
May 6, 2007

:] i like to read post :]

goferchan posted:

they're an important distinction.... there's a reason there's Metal Gear Solid, MGS2, MGS3, MGS4, and MGSV

The genius of Hideo Kojima continues to shine long after his departure from this realm.... RIP

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

PC cucks: there is a sale on final fantasy games https://store.na.square-enix.com/black-friday-cyber-monday-sale/digital

FFIII 4.80
FFIV 4.80
FFV 5.00
FFVI 4.80
FFVII 3.75
FFVIII 3.75
FFIX 6.30
FFX/FFX-2 9.00
FFXIII 4.80
FFXIII-2 6.00
Lightning Returns 6.00

Also Life is Strange for $5 and DQ Heroes for $18. I'm going to play Lightning Returns

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh nice

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I would buy some of the early ones if not for the aids ios sprites

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

fozzy fosbourne posted:

PC cucks: there is a sale on final fantasy games https://store.na.square-enix.com/black-friday-cyber-monday-sale/digital

FFIII 4.80
FFIV 4.80
FFV 5.00
FFVI 4.80
FFVII 3.75
FFVIII 3.75
FFIX 6.30
FFX/FFX-2 9.00
FFXIII 4.80
FFXIII-2 6.00
Lightning Returns 6.00

Also Life is Strange for $5 and DQ Heroes for $18. I'm going to play Lightning Returns

They have a bunch of physical games on sale too like FFX/X-2 for PS4 for $10. Also not FF-related but Sleeping Dogs for PS4 for $5 is a must-buy

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Pablo Gigante posted:

They have a bunch of physical games on sale too like FFX/X-2 for PS4 for $10. Also not FF-related but Sleeping Dogs for PS4 for $5 is a must-buy

Woah, Theatrythm for 7 bucks. I guess FF Explorers is not good? That's only $5.

e: Explorers turned into a waiting list when i refreshed the page. Also, DQ Builders for $40. *

fozzy fosbourne fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Nov 23, 2016

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

fozzy fosbourne posted:

Woah, Theatrythm for 7 bucks. I guess FF Explorers is not good? That's only $5.

e: Explorers turned into a waiting list when i refreshed the page. Also, DQ Builders for $40. *

It's the original Theatrhythm though, not Curtain Call which is the better version

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah the original theatryhthm has like 80% of its catalogue as full price DLC which is a shame. Curtain Call is the only version to consider

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
curtain call's so good

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

fozzy fosbourne posted:

FFIII 4.80
FFIV 4.80
FFV 5.00
FFVI 4.80
FFVII 3.75
FFVIII 3.75
FFIX 6.30
FFX/FFX-2 9.00
FFXIII 4.80
FFXIII-2 6.00
Lightning Returns 6.00

good looks bro. copping x/x-2 because x-2 is the only FF ive never played and ive only heard great things about it

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

rediscover posted:

good looks bro. copping x/x-2 because x-2 is the only FF ive never played and ive only heard great things about it

Doing this as well

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Pablo Gigante posted:

It's the original Theatrhythm though, not Curtain Call which is the better version

Ahh, thanks for the heads up. Also, I just had a major frodo moment and started reading about FFXIV for a second before quickly closing all browser tabs..

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Can't access the site anymore... drat

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

fozzy fosbourne posted:

Ahh, thanks for the heads up. Also, I just had a major frodo moment and started reading about FFXIV for a second before quickly closing all browser tabs..

It's okay to read about FFXIV.. it seems cool

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

fozzy fosbourne posted:

If it didn't have a monthly fee I would definitely play it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

One of the elements of X-2 I really like is that they made ATB actually active, because of the way every attack has a delay + animation, and chaining attacks ramps your damage up so much, that you actually pay attention to what moves you use and when, and what your other allies are using and when. It's super engaging, especially at higher speeds

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

rediscover posted:

It's okay to read about FFXIV.. it seems cool

i like it but its still an mmo

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Sharkopath posted:

i like it but its still an mmo

So what.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

lots of stuff that feels like busywork and is repetitive in the gameplay and combat is regular mmo cooldown style but theres really cool writing and some good funny scenes all over the place, especially when it involves side characters

i really like the world and the music though so its more like im playing the game for those aspects

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

MMOs are the original phone game

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I don't play phone games but the only reason I dont play FF14 right now is that my games budget got slashed for a kitchen upgrade and Id rather get FF15 instead

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Hell, ill come out and say it: id make out with all of the cute boys in ff15

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Control Volume posted:

duh

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Control Volume posted:

I'd like to jack off there little peckers

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

I'm playing FF8 for the first time in 10 years and I was digging it until I got to Disc 2 where the pacing has gone off a cliff. Is it going to get fun again anytime soon? I'm at the concert at Fisherman's Horizon.

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

I couldn't believe how lovely the prison was. Even with enc-none. Running up and down the the identical floors was like a series low point

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Digging Lightning Returns so far. She is such a hoss. I hope there are some epic blue skies later in the game though. The train opened up so I should get out and explore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yes I beat the physical/elemental boss in Bravely Second on my first try today