Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SaturdayKnight
Mar 31, 2011

i too am concerned about my phones decibels

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
how long are incoming calls supposed to last, do you think

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Charge your loving phone you shitLord

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

anthonypants posted:

how long are incoming calls supposed to last, do you think

maybe if you didn't have any hangups about answering

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

SaturdayKnight posted:

i too am concerned about my phones decibels

Smythe posted:

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Smythe posted:

this

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

I am the 99%

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

spankmeister posted:

I am the 99% [-------+]

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

spankmeister posted:

I am the 99%

i'm the 1%

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope
i find myself clicking "no interested" more and more on youtube. the recommendations are mostly trash

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

:chome:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Wheany posted:

i find myself clicking "no interested" more and more on youtube. the recommendations are mostly trash

:same:

pocketcasts needs to stop selling my info to YouTube, because I couldn't give a gently caress to watch videos about what I listen to

doesn't explain why i constantly get Subaru review videos though

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Nov 23, 2016

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
lol

Mister Macys posted:

pocketcasts needs to stop selling my info to YouTube
lol

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

lol if you're dumb enough to not block ads

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Stick100 posted:

In no way is using Android for the OS a bad idea. The Nvidea shield TV performs roughly at the level of the Xbox One (original). Ouya failed for a million other reasons, none of them the AOSP. Building a new OS would be stupid, there is 0 reason to recreate display, file access, accounts and security I also would heavily bet they fork Android like Fire OS. The AOSP is highly optimized and extremely robust, using anything else would be a huge waste.

FYI you can run pure C++ and OpenGL with Android so it has nearly 0 performance overhead vs any other solution. Most people don't do that and instead use Java but if they want 3rd party support forked AOSP like Fire OS is the best choice.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

ow my brain

this must be what it feels like when you read my posts

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
weird, was just wondering what happened to Julie Uhrman/OUYA

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

that or xboxpants

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

lol if you're dumb enough to not block ads

i'm not talking about ads, or "Recommended for you" videos, I'm talking about the poo poo that just shows up in the generic Recommended youtube feed. i use adblockers like any(every?) other goon

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
huh, someone else hired her

http://variety.com/2016/digital/news/lionsgate-hires-julie-uhrman-streaming-ventures-1201879294/

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Wheany posted:

Yesterday YouTube recommended a video of a guy reviewing a new motorcycle, and I was like cool, and clicked on it. it turned out to be a super awful alt right guy who spent most of the review making tasteless homophobic jokes about "anal ease" and the like because a commercial for the motorcycle had two men in it and one owned a cat so they were definitely gay lovers.

world is a gently caress

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

she has a way with trailers

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

zero mention of ouya in her employment history blurb, lol

someone post the qirex quote about failing for two years straight and getting bonuses all along the way

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Sagebrush posted:

Yesterday YouTube recommended a video of a guy reviewing a new motorcycle, and I was like cool, and clicked on it. it turned out to be a super awful alt right guy who spent most of the review making tasteless homophobic jokes about "anal ease" and the like because a commercial for the motorcycle had two men in it and one owned a cat so they were definitely gay lovers.

world is a gently caress
i feel like if you're clicking on recommended videos on youtube and don't expect those videos to be complete garbage you're using youtube wrong. you can hardly trust youtube to set up a decent music playlist so there's no reason to run youtube in anything but an incognito window forever

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Sagebrush posted:

zero mention of ouya in her employment history blurb, lol

someone post the qirex quote about failing for two years straight and getting bonuses all along the way
it's literally the entirety of the seventh paragraph in that article

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

anthonypants posted:

you can hardly trust youtube to set up a decent music playlist

good luck using any playlist after all the mobile apps that can play youtube videos in the background or while the phone is sleeping were pulled to make room for a paid service that isn't available

jeez

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

Open Up Your rear end

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

anthonypants posted:

it's literally the entirety of the seventh paragraph in that article

oh. variety is a garbage website with some kind of huge auto playing pumpkin spice ad right in front of that paragraph so I must have skipped it

anyway, go to hell

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Sagebrush posted:

world is a gently caress

i'm getting a lot of "top ten things i just googled"

of course there are some recommendations that are just popular and as soon as you watch one such video, the recommendations are full of their other videos.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
sure would be nice for youtube to figure out I'm watching a series of videos and put the next one at the top of the recommended videos list or queue into it, but no apparently their machine learning poo poo thinks maybe I want to watch two episodes ago

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Bhodi posted:

sure would be nice for youtube to figure out I'm watching a series of videos and put the NEXT ONE at the top of the recommended videos list

shomi and rogers on demand both did this

you just finished watching season 2 episode 5
you might want to watch: season 2 episode 9, season 2 episode 3, season 1 episode 5, season 4 episode 11....

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

flakeloaf posted:

shomi and rogers on demand both did this

you just finished watching season 2 episode 5
you might want to watch: season 2 episode 9, season 2 episode 3, season 1 episode 5, season 4 episode 11....
or episode 5 teaser trailer, on this other channel

or when someone makes a playlist that goes backwards, because by default youtube adds new entries to a playlist at the top of the list

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

this man requires six monitors to write about phones

ufarn
May 30, 2009
slack, souncloud, twiitter, truly a productive employee

also is that a nest window in the top right?

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

carry on then posted:

seven

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

ufarn posted:

slack, souncloud, twiitter, truly a productive employee

also is that a nest window in the top right?

gotta get up to the second thermostat updates

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

carry on then posted:

maybe he doesn't know that windows can overlap? :ohdear: "I got a new program, welp guess I need another monitor"

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

carry on then posted:

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

lol what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

https://www.google.com/patents/US20130181901 Inventors Kanye Omari West