Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forge
Feb 26, 2006

Ahdinko posted:

At least youd get the game and own shares at the same time, rather than get just a game

Please explain these shares to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forge
Feb 26, 2006
SO I looked and found the buy poo poo page. I clicked the castle icon and saw I could buy a castle for $1,500 USD. This seems oddly familiar to another game that for the sake of me I just can't remember the name now.

Also no tab was company shares. How do I buy those and how many do I have to buy before I get the dissolve company option?

Guys I just impulse bought a $7k castle for us. So I'm gonna need you guys to donate to my paypal so I can make my mortgage for the next couple months.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
The unbundled price of the individual items in this 2017 Imperial Palace Bundle total $9,400!

Can't resist fucken good deals when I see them!!

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

All of the castles and poo poo were literally 1/10th the price a few months ago and they were letting people trade in preorder bonuses for store credit so

I really hope no one pays the current prices

There's a bunch of groups on their forums that exist solely as "send me money and I will let you into our glorious magical hardcore PVP roleplay crafting guild hurry now space is limited" and it reminds me of the worst Star Citizen poo poo

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
I kicked in 215 during the original kickstarter and as a result i have a castle, about a thousand dollars of store credit, like 3 years of vip still to cash in and a collectors edition box that i can hopefully sell to dumb people to recover my initial investment once the game actually comes out. On the other hand for the 35 bucks i kicked in for the camelot unchained pledge i have sadness and regret.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

malhavok posted:

I kicked in 215 during the original kickstarter and as a result i have a castle, about a thousand dollars of store credit, like 3 years of vip still to cash in and a collectors edition box that i can hopefully sell to dumb people to recover my initial investment once the game actually comes out. On the other hand for the 35 bucks i kicked in for the camelot unchained pledge i have sadness and regret.

Same, only I traded a star citizen ship for my Crowfall package and thus inadvertantly tricked a shitizen into contributing to a good game

Capntastic fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Nov 16, 2016

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
Team 30 bucks and nothing more.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
Yes, Yes I think I understand now..

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY

forge posted:

Please explain these shares to me.

Isnt that what the Microventures thing is?

quote:

Investment Terms

Security Type: Preferred Equity
Round: Series Seed-3
Round Size: Min: $150,000 Max: $1,000,000
Pre-money Valuation: $22 million
Price per share: $1.1173

I guess if you were going to buy into the game for the early access, you might aswell go the whole hog and get an equity stake

Ahdinko fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Nov 17, 2016

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
when i was 11 and playing through super mario world i remember thinking it would be really cool to own a video game company

now we finally can. thank you artcraft

Elmon
Aug 20, 2013

Orv posted:

Goddamn man, get over AO already.

I'm still rather bitter. It will take me a bit personally as I went in as a $100 dumbass. Now I'm only a $60 idiot. Though as least I don't have initial reservations with this game like I did with Albion.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
I'm pretty sure AO never sold territories for $7k. Paging GREEN KNIGHT.

Actually.. Notice how SC failed, AO failed, and now we're all dogpiling into this shitshow. That should be a sign.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

I think there's maybe 6 Crowfall goons and two of them are Eonwe

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
i bumped our old guild thread again for no reason because its funny :peanut:

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

Community outreach is important

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Capntastic posted:

i'm glad of it.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

Capntastic posted:

According to the official forums we're all eonwe alts

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

Anoia posted:

We're the most organized roleplaying guild there is.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
is this game going to be good... or bad?

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

30.5 Days posted:

Hrmm....that's a tough one to answer, bud

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
Well so far they are already defying expectations and it is mostly a given that there is going to be an actual game, which already puts them above most of the competition. As far as it being good jury is still out, so far everything checks out ok though.

Doggir
Dec 24, 2013

Honestly it's starting to be fun now, but again who knows; I am cautiously optimistic.

Already more of a game than Star Citizen (not hard)

Also I think the previous discord invite no longer works so here's a new one https://discord.gg/ySNFgre

Doggir fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Nov 18, 2016

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

30.5 Days posted:

its up in the air, but pre-alpha has been promising as far as mmo/pvp mechanics go, as unoptimized as it is

if it helps, the lead designer sees it as his white whale project so they have more creative license rather than getting dogged by a marketing branch of like Sony, which a few of them who worked on SWG actually got shafted by (lol daybreak)

its best to remain cautiously optimstic, agreed.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Same was true of sota though. Idk man

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
I couldn't see myself spending more than 60 dollars on this pre-launch. I'm firmly in the thirty dollar crew.

If it's good, good, if it sucks, I'm not out a ton of money.

Doggir
Dec 24, 2013

Idk, the numbers don't lie and the numbers say people really like Jedi; Jedi confirmed next Archetype in Crowfall.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

Next playtest is this weekend and I am looking forward to finally crafting an item of my very own

My very first physical possession

Doggir
Dec 24, 2013

Capntastic posted:

Next playtest is this weekend and I am looking forward to finally crafting an item of my very own

My very first physical possession

My very own first possession that I made all by myself with parts stolen from someone else. :yarr:

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

Servers are up but I probably won't be able to goof around until tonight

forge
Feb 26, 2006
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUBerFx6Mck

Glad I didn't waste any money on this bs. Is the seizure over yet?

Doggir
Dec 24, 2013

forge posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUBerFx6Mck

Glad I didn't waste any money on this bs. Is the seizure over yet?

Don't play confessor?

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

might i suggest not pre-ordering and instead waiting until the game is released to purchase it?

Doggir
Dec 24, 2013

Google Butt posted:

might i suggest not pre-ordering and instead waiting until the game is released to purchase it?

Speaking of which
http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/14129-all-alpha-3-test-group-now-activated-for-big-world/
alpha 3 now has access to test

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Anoia posted:

its true :eonwe:

and im glad of it

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Lastgirl posted:

its true :eonwe:

and im glad of it

:agreed:

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
were all alts on the forums and we know it
(and i feel fine)

Doggir
Dec 24, 2013

http://crowfall.com/en/news/meet-the-templar/

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
I was expecting a funny team fortress type video :(

Misren
Nov 30, 2014

First the doctor told me the good news: I was going to have a disease named after me.

malhavok posted:

I was expecting a funny team fortress type video :(

Don't give up hope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011
An email called "This Was Illegal Last Year!" is not a stunning way to get me to invest in your company Crowfall guys.