Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Murphys Law
Nov 1, 2005
Of course. I think I would have liked both of them better if they weren't the same person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS
Changing things up to make the bad guy the openly hostile guy for a change. I like it.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

I was expecting that, but hoping it wasn't so obvious.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Meeeeeeh.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Eh it's not a very good twist if that's what they were aiming for, which makes me think that wasn't their intention. People have been calling this since the beginning and the creators must have known it would be suspicious to add a major actor to the full-time roster and not give him a significant role.

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
WHAT AN UNEXPECTED DEVELOPMENT

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Boil 'em, mash 'em, cook 'em in a stew
Lame. Was really hoping Felton was not Alchemy. That's dumb.

Kinda wish Barry would pull out the "I watched my father die in front of me and I had to willingly choose to let my mom die again in front of my face in order to bring things back to relatively normal" card to Cisco, but he never does. Also, has Grant been working out? Looked kinda ripped in the STAR Labs shirt after Caitlin wrecked his leg.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Maybe it's still a red herring of some sort. Like there's multiple Alchemy's or Julian is bipolar.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Haven't watched the episode but calling again the true entity is within the stone itself fooooollllssss

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

The beatdown that Savitar gave Barry wasn't nearly as brutal as the one that Zoom gave him last season.

Thankfully Caitlin was there with the verbal beatdown :v:

Caitlin and Julian said nothing wrong :colbert:

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
Alchemy, alchemy - they've all got it alchemy!

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Was really hoping Killer Frost would stab Barry.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
It seems more complicated than Julian=Evil. He seemed genuinely scared and unwilling.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Does this mean Kaitlyn is buckbeak? Otherwise good wishing friend of protagonist lashes out and hurts Tom Felton's arm?

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

the scene between Barry and Caitlyn in the pipeline was really good, I wonder if they're gonna find another way to limit her powers while keeping her sane

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Everything about Savitar sucks so far.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Cisco can open portals between dimensions because he can match the vibration of the other universe. So why can he create wormholes to other places in the same universe? Does the waterfront vibrate at a different frequency than the lab?

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Guy Goodbody posted:

Cisco can open portals between dimensions because he can match the vibration of the other universe. So why can he create wormholes to other places in the same universe? Does the waterfront vibrate at a different frequency than the lab?

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Whatever happened to that guy?

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

MiddleOne posted:

Whatever happened to that guy?

Arrow season 4.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

pee out my butt posted:

Arrow season 4.

But also Flash season 2 and LoT season 1.

He still does a few though, albeit less frequently.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.

Rhyno posted:

Everything about Savitar sucks so far.

He looks like those guys from the first Avengers movie, but with blue lightning.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
Killer Frost was the most effective villain in recent memory and Caitlin owns.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's a suit. Speedforce Fuckery.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Caitlin's heel turn was just so she had an excuse to smooch Barry.

Julian is Alchemy is probably the laziest twist in forever, but at least it seems like he's not a fully willing participant?

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Of course he doesn't, the reverse flash superpower is that he is the only who actually has a motivation for what he does.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

Didn't the comic book version of Alchemy have a dual personality at one point? It seems that's what they're going for here - Julian either doesn't realize he's Alchemy, or he does and it terrifies him.

that one guy
Jun 3, 2005
It seemed like Savitar was recruiting Julian at the end...like he was saying it for the first time, but not. I don't think it's as simple as Julian being outright evil either, there's more to it.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Yeah I agree that there's more to Julian's service to Savitar than him being some loyal stooge.

Wasn't really much of a twist either since just about everyone here knew Julian was going to be Dr. Alchemy or at least in cahoots with him.

TheJadedOne
Aug 13, 2004
Julian = alchemy bleh.. reveal I saw it coming when they couldn't find him last episode. What I wanna know is why did that guy have his thermostat set to 85 loving degrees 0_0 like holy poo poo, that's toasty as hell.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

AlexJade posted:

Julian = alchemy bleh.. reveal I saw it coming when they couldn't find him last episode. What I wanna know is why did that guy have his thermostat set to 85 loving degrees 0_0 like holy poo poo, that's toasty as hell.

I'm convinced Frost did that while cooling the house as an extra mindfuck because who the hell keeps their house that warm.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

No joke I forgot most of the casting news so when the show was coming back I thought Malfoy had in fact straight up been cast as Alchemy because who the hell else is going to play someone who is basically a wizard?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I will be interested to see how Savitar plays out. At least with Zoom, before he debuted, he'd sent out all these bad guys who'd go, "Zoom sent me!" or "Zoom wants you dead!" or "Zoom is coming!" then Fake Jay explained who Zoom was, and then Zoom appeared. Whereas Savitar's showing up out of nowhere like that old beat 'em up side-scroller where you spend the game beating up poachers, then the final boss is this alien centipede monster who was apparently the true master behind the poachers for some reason.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

AlexJade posted:

Nah that's like a pleasant spring day. Warm enough that you can sleep comfortably with just a sheet, but not actually hot, so you aren't marinating in your own sweat and waking up choking, unable to breath with a raging headache.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
If my wife sets the thermostat above 75 we're getting a divorce.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

One interesting take they could do is that Julian isn't the Alchemy that we've seen up to that point. Rather it's someone in his family. And he left because he didn't want to do it. That's why the end felt like a recruitment because to some degree it was.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

My thermostat is at 65.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Amusing article about this weeks episode http://www.cinemablend.com/television/1588850/check-out-the-hilarious-frozen-easter-egg-you-probably-missed-in-the-flash I didn't realize it was the Kevin Smith one either.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
I do wonder if they're pulling a swerve with Caitlin and Cisco. Caitlin's been slated to be Killer Frost since the end of Season 1 and it's been teased and toyed with so heavily, and then in this episode it looksl ike she's pulling the trigger and comes back from the brink. On the other hand Cisco's got some seething anger building and I'm wondering if Vibe might not wind up going dark side.

Really good episode minus most of the Savitar stuff and the Alchemy reveal. Panabaker is great when she gets to let go like that and everyone calling Barry on his poo poo never gets old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Mortanis posted:

I do wonder if they're pulling a swerve with Caitlin and Cisco. Caitlin's been slated to be Killer Frost since the end of Season 1 and it's been teased and toyed with so heavily, and then in this episode it looksl ike she's pulling the trigger and comes back from the brink. On the other hand Cisco's got some seething anger building and I'm wondering if Vibe might not wind up going dark side.

Would be a cute way of handling the whole "I vibed us fighting!" thing if it turns out Cisco is the one who goes rogue and she's trying to stop him.

• Locked thread