Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
I feel pretty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Did an intern design these instance events? It's just wave after wave of overtuned trash with AOE sprinkles, followed by lovely gimmick bosses.

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH
I don't know, but an intern definitely wrote the dialogue

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Lonk posted:

I feel pretty.

you look like a turd rolled in glitter

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

I wonder how much of the team works on content cs cash shop bs. Anets lost a lot of good will, hell they're even getting blasted on facebook

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

All right, it's time to rant. The whole living story just keeps on getting worse. Enjoy your dragon babysitting, fetch quests and wading through endless mobs. What fun! (even if eventually it leads to me flying that said dragon, currently it's annoying as hell)

Now, I've hated the whole "team" or B-Iconics or whatever the hell they want us to call them since the beginning. (except for Canach. Canach is cool.) Most of all I hate how they write my character and tell me what I should think pretty much the complete opposite of how I'd do it. Last thing I personally want is to start stuttering teary-eyed apologies when Braham goes all emo on me afraid that I might've hurt his feelings. Taimi annoys me constantly. (She's young! She's crippled! But she remains spunky! ) The plot seems like it's on fast forward.

The new zone follows their post-HoT release plan - it's fun for a few days but after that why would you go back. Maybe if you really want those ascended gear. Some people always diss the core game zones but they are big and they feel alive in a different way than these meta event theme parks they're pushing out nowadays. Give me loving Timberline Falls anyday over these maps.

Top that all off with the fact that the best looking armor sets are guaranteed gemstore outfit only releases and you got a recipe for why I don't really feel like playing much anymore. (I will probably check out the new fractal, though.)

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Taimi makes me miss Scarlet.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

SlothBear posted:

Taimi makes me miss Scarlet.

Scarlet made me miss Kormir.

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
The over-HP'd trash mobs in the caves at the end of the story sequence were terrible terrible terrible.

The boss fight kinda has a neat mechanic but it needs to be retuned.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

CLAM DOWN posted:

you look like a turd rolled in glitter

So how long until you steal my look and pretend you came up with it first?

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Lonk posted:

Needs a shield for that. Or butter.

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall

Lonk posted:

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

JohnnyCanuck posted:

The over-HP'd trash mobs in the caves at the end of the story sequence were terrible terrible terrible.

The boss fight kinda has a neat mechanic but it needs to be retuned.

I thought the swarms of vets and elites was a little odd, it wasn't impossible to handle, but it took a bit more effort then I'm used to in these sort of things and imagine a lot of people would have trouble or complain.

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I thought the swarms of vets and elites was a little odd, it wasn't impossible to handle, but it took a bit more effort then I'm used to in these sort of things and imagine a lot of people would have trouble or complain.

It wasn't so much that it was hard, as it was really loving boring. It felt like every encounter outstayed its welcome by about 2 or 3 waves.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

check out my Youtube posted:

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

or in his case, fattery

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

i joined at the last boss (because hey free loot) he took 2 hours and is a huge loving pain

loot is not worth it, raid instead

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

Brain In A Jar posted:

It wasn't so much that it was hard, as it was really loving boring. It felt like every encounter outstayed its welcome by about 2 or 3 waves.

This, right on the nose. It wasn't challenging, it was padding. Never an 'oh, poo poo!' moment, only tired groans.

Between those and the gimmick bosses, the whole thing felt like a newbie dungeon master with a lot of big ideas and very little grasp of the systems he's trying to bend to fit them.

Aug 24, 2011

the trash mobs took too long and i don't understand why they didn't test this stuff

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Looks like if you drag the trigger mobs away during the last fight, they become immune to the boss's gimmick. Cool.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

where the red fern gropes posted:

i joined at the last boss (because hey free loot) he took 2 hours and is a huge loving pain

loot is not worth it, raid instead

With the exception of aegis preventing me from getting the crushed cheevo, I liked that last boss a lot :(

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

That's the hard mode boss in dreg's pic. You really don't want to see that one

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Kessel posted:

That's the hard mode boss in dreg's pic. You really don't want to see that one

I'm a big tough handsome boy I can do it

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Seaweed!? Get the fuck out!

CLAM DOWN posted:

I'm a big tough handsome boy

Two of these things are false, gonna let you guess which ones they are. :cheers:

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Is game dead yet?? :nexus:

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Jackard posted:

Is game dead yet?? :nexus:

not even, cum play m'lord

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Brain In A Jar posted:

Well yeah that goes without saying, everything dragged on for awhile and the dialog at the end with Emo Braham was groan worthy.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Nov 23, 2016

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
Braham is a whiny baby who needs to be slapped upside his bald head. I get it; your mom died. Hundreds if not thousands have died during the conflict. I don't see all those people determined to suicide-by-dragon their entire race.
He's all "You wouldn't understand about loss". Bitch, please. I commanded the Pact straight into the jaws of Mordremoth. Me. I did that.
I wish I could tell him what I really want to say. "Get over your drat self and think for a single minute or I'll kill you right now to keep you from taking a bunch of people who actually matter with you."

knowonecanknow
Apr 19, 2009

Ambition must be made to counteract ambition.
The dialog has never been good.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

knowonecanknow posted:

The dialog has never been good.

Agree, but it seems to be getting worse all the time.

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

Aleph Null posted:

Braham is a whiny baby who needs to be slapped upside his bald head. I get it; your mom died. Hundreds if not thousands have died during the conflict. I don't see all those people determined to suicide-by-dragon their entire race.
He's all "You wouldn't understand about loss". Bitch, please. I commanded the Pact straight into the jaws of Mordremoth. Me. I did that.
I wish I could tell him what I really want to say. "Get over your drat self and think for a single minute or I'll kill you right now to keep you from taking a bunch of people who actually matter with you."

"Remember that time my entire warband died? Or when my entire race, with whom I share a subconscious link, had its will stripped away by a psychic dragon? No? Oh well I guess you should go gently caress yourself then."

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010
New update is cool and good. Would pay for xpac consisting of nothing but cute activities with baby dragon.

Braham is still an idiot. Wasn't going emo and running off into the jungle without a plan or letting anyone else in on it what got his mother killed in the first place?

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Looking forward to how many of the remaining Spirits of the Wild Brahtman* gets killed

*get it, his parents are dead! god I'm funny

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Generic Octopus posted:

"Remember that time my entire warband died? Or when my entire race, with whom I share a subconscious link, had its will stripped away by a psychic dragon? No? Oh well I guess you should go gently caress yourself then."

Yeah I didn't want to assume race, but I specifically thought about the Charr origin, too.

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall

Lonk posted:

or in his case, fattery

I'll be honest this really seems more like a self own bud

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

check out my Youtube posted:

I'll be honest this really seems more like a self own bud

Lonk is just intimidated by how alpha I am.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Aug 24, 2011

if anyone has the full asura butt render please post it here

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
I keep thinking of legendary shields but then I think of this

Lonk fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Nov 24, 2016

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
oh, at some point in the last week or two i must have capped out my daily/monthly cheev point pile and now if i want to get anywhere i actually have to do things, gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aug 24, 2011

Other posted:

oh, at some point in the last week or two i must have capped out my daily/monthly cheev point pile and now if i want to get anywhere i actually have to do things, gently caress

im about 1000 off this but 2000 off the 30k milestone

i want my super sperg fire chestpiece!!!!!!!!

• Locked thread