Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Blaziken386 posted:

oh no, lillie got cuter, help

>: )

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Ruggington posted:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-481851905

decidueye is cool and toxapex is a mother fucker

Sick

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I feel sorta bad that I'm using the In-game trade pokemon to carry my team through the game. Otoh, the Tsareena and Machoke make perfect teammates for my Incineroar's wrestling team

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I put xurcitree on this team specifically to gently caress with toxapex but every team that's had one has just let me trap it with the bird

when they burn me or start stockpiling I just spam leaf blade until it crits and ohko's

I have roost as the last move but I'm really tempted to just run adamant and give it sucker punch in that slot just to have something for it to do with those boosts afterward

Ruggington fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Nov 23, 2016

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

i also replaced marowak with aegislash because I am a tool

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Game sync isnt working for me atm so heres my championship team

Decidueye
Raichu
Sylveon
Salazzle
Mudsdale
Toucannon

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

BearDrivingTruck posted:

Thank you! I don't have too much to offer at this point, though.
Any preference on nickname or whatever?
Also, FC is 1263-6844-1789, Name is Allison.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Ruggington posted:

i also replaced marowak with aegislash because I am a tool

People need to run more fire types, the meta is super weak to fire now that Zygarde is gone.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

Blaziken386 posted:

Any preference on nickname or whatever?
Also, FC is 1263-6844-1789, Name is Allison.

Give it whatever name you feel like, she (it is female, right?) is going to be used for breeding.

My FC is 0490-5441-0451, IGN is Michael.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Just checking, but if your starter isn't in your championship team that means you're a bad person, right?

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

greatn posted:

Just checking, but if your starter isn't in your championship team that means you're a bad person, right?

yes, op

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Ok, but just a corollary, it is ok to put Pikachu in a box forever as soon as you can in Pokemon Yellow, right?

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

greatn posted:

Ok, but just a corollary, it is ok to put Pikachu in a box forever as soon as you can in Pokemon Yellow, right?

No, he's your buddy.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

greatn posted:

Well, it's not like you could actually fight with it, so yeah.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

greatn posted:

no, boxing your starter is the only moral and honorable choice this gen

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

less laughter posted:

no, boxing your starter is the only moral and honorable choice this gen

Unless you chose Rowlett or Litten. Then they have to accompany you the whole way through.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Calaveron posted:

Unless you chose Rowlett or Litten. Then they have to accompany you the whole way through.
Wow, rude. :colbert:

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

Calaveron posted:

I've got a Decidueye as my highest leveled team member, this checks out.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Almost feel bad about keeping Lunala in its pokeball never to be used because it's a legendary.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Almost feel bad about keeping Lunala in its pokeball never to be used because it's a legendary.

In the post game, Lunala will have a use.

During day in moon, you can go to the Altar of the Moone and travel to the Alternate Dimension. If you have a Solgaleo you can do it at night too.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

You wouldn't happen to have one of these HA vulpixs in a dive ball would you? If not could you specify how you caught the first so i can do it on my own run through? When pokebank comes through I can make it up to you, I got a lot of shinys saved up.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Josuke Higashikata posted:

That's what legendaries have always been like: hard to catch, then you just keep them in a box forever.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Flopsy posted:

You wouldn't happen to have one of these HA vulpixs in a dive ball would you? If not could you specify how you caught the first so i can do it on my own run through? When pokebank comes through I can make it up to you, I got a lot of shinys saved up.
Go to where the Vulpixes are (third island, snowy area, can't miss it), get one low, and keep killing the help it calls. Eventually it calls for help with a HA and thankfully for that specific ability it's easy.

edit:

tyblazitar posted:

That's what legendaries have always been like: hard to catch, then you just keep them in a box forever.
My Rayquaza in Emerald was a full-time team member :colbert:

it could learn Surf, Fly, Dive, and Waterfall :ssh:

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I caught my Lunala in a Beast Ball.

I figured it fit her coloring.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

tyblazitar posted:

Unless it's Lugia in HGSS who made for one of the best HM slaves in the series

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

does pikachu end up in a tree fifty feet away after the recoil on this

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Hello, thread. I left for a while to avoid spoilers but now that I've caught the "third legendary" and completed the rest of the post-game story-related stuff I'm back to talk about the game. It was amazing. I started with Rowlet, as is tradition. I ended up catching seven more Pokémon that I used on my team interchangeably, including friends like Ribombee, Lurantis, and Wishiwashi. Toggled EXP Share between on and off as I felt it was appropriate. Ended up getting terribly wrecked in so many battles, the difficulty always seemed consistent the way I played through it. The huge increase in levels between island 3 and island 4 got me good. A lot of legit surprises too, some of the new but unrevealed Pokémon really interested me.

I have a living Pokédex in my Bank already, so first priority is going to be shoring that up. But I see that I'm going to need either some good friends or uncaring people in order to get duplicates of Type: Null, Cosmog, and Cosmoen/Lunala. I was hoping that wouldn't be the case, but oh well, I'll make it. That'll be something to worry about later. I'm using a Kartana as my dedicated False Swiper for now, and I'm gonna go around catching everything I need. I'd also like to complete the Pokédex naturally, just as something to do before the Bank actually drops.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

checksin posted:

does pikachu end up in a tree fifty feet away after the recoil on this

No, because anime.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

if your starter is good (swampert, infernape, owl, wrestle tiger) use it. if it's bad (popplio, blaziken) box it

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

Xelkelvos posted:

I feel sorta bad that I'm using the In-game trade pokemon to carry my team through the game. Otoh, the Tsareena and Machoke make perfect teammates for my Incineroar's wrestling team

I was legitimately impressed that Bounsweet's line was not just a throwaway grass type.

When I play and don't pick Rowlet I am definitely gonna have a grass-type spot for her.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Alxprit posted:

I have a living Pokédex in my Bank already, so first priority is going to be shoring that up. But I see that I'm going to need either some good friends or uncaring people in order to get duplicates of Type: Null, Cosmog, and Cosmoen/Lunala. I was hoping that wouldn't be the case, but oh well, I'll make it. That'll be something to worry about later. I'm using a Kartana as my dedicated False Swiper for now, and I'm gonna go around catching everything I need. I'd also like to complete the Pokédex naturally, just as something to do before the Bank actually drops.
Yeah, it "takes" two playthroughts, because you get two Cosmogs out of the four you need and of course the box legendary and also there are two Zygarde Formes if you care.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

oddium posted:

if your starter is good (swampert, infernape, owl, wrestle tiger) use it. if it's bad (popplio, blaziken) box it

You have wrestle tiger and popplio in the wrong places here.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Senerio posted:

I caught my Lunala in a Beast Ball.

I figured it fit her coloring.

Don't those have a 0.1 catch rate on non UBs

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

someone awful. posted:

Don't those have a 0.1 catch rate on non UBs

Yes. It had a 4.5 Catch Rate. Took five beast balls (Two resets, and I have two beast balls and a Smeargle designed explicitly to catch pokemon)

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Senerio posted:

You have wrestle tiger and popplio in the wrong places here.

i don't know how to embed a trash can so i had to settle with popplio in "bad"

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
Even the toddlers are actually p. funny.

"1+1 = 2, or sometimes 3 or 4! I'm too young for math!"

or everytime you beat one they just go, "well what do you want I'm literally three years old"

or the one who just went for Hau's shins

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

tyblazitar posted:

Unless I just throw the Master Ball at the thing because gently caress it, I'm not gonna use that thing either.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Tell me about this Smeargle.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Popplio's been pretty great so far, I named my Diva Fever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"
Hey, screw all you people making GBS threads on Popplio line. My Primarina is a beautiful ballerina bro and I love it