Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

zegermans posted:

Is Mattis the unicorn of a "straight talker who tells it like it is" where "straight talker who tells it like it is" isn't a euphemism for monstrous psychopath ala Flynn?

I havent seen anything that indicates any monstrous proclivities beyond what's normal for military high command, i.e. callous disregard for enemy or even limited civilian life if it means saving "our boys", etc.

I could be missing some Mad Dog lore though

E: General Erwin Balls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Intel&Sebastian posted:

My wife actually has a viable path for her and me to get Canadian citizenship through her status as a First Nations tribal member up there but ruled it out because people are just as racist up there anyway.

well, not at the moment

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Augus posted:

At this point he should just put Jeb in his cabinet too, make the insult complete.

Jeb! will be the head of the sea turtle conservation agency.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

zegermans posted:

Is Mattis the unicorn of a "straight talker who tells it like it is" where "straight talker who tells it like it is" isn't a euphemism for monstrous psychopath ala Flynn?

he seems to be a decent-if-loudmouthed guy with an absurd nickname that trump went for assuming it meant he was literally insane

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

I want only the most unhinged generals

The Puppet Master
Apr 9, 2005

Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me. I'd fuck me hard.

Yinlock posted:

I want only the most unhinged generals

I only want my death to be certain

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Intel&Sebastian posted:

My wife actually has a viable path for her and me to get Canadian citizenship through her status as a First Nations tribal member up there but ruled it out because people are just as racist up there anyway.

Dude, get Canadian citizenship. Healthcare in the US is going to get insanely expensive. As expensive as it was getting under Obamacare, that was nothing compared to what should have happened to healthcare costs.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...
Bannon and Mark Cuban having tea. Apparently Bannon was taking notes the whole time.

Interesting that Cuban would agree to meet in public right now, even as the chyron was only recently "BANNON APPOINTED CHIEF STRATEGIST (LITERALLY A NAZI)" on CNN

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Oiled and Ready posted:

Bannon and Mark Cuban having tea. Apparently Bannon was taking notes the whole time.

Interesting that Cuban would agree to meet in public right now, even as the chyron was only recently "BANNON APPOINTED CHIEF STRATEGIST (LITERALLY A NAZI)" on CNN

Cuban will suck up to anyone who will help him get money.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Montasque posted:

No I agree with him, Hillary outspent him on ads 2-1 in most battlegrounds... He's just so smug...

Speaking of smug...

https://twitter.com/jacobkornbluh/status/801477288227434497

I love how one of the early talking points against Hillary (and Jeb!) was not wanting any type of family dynasty in the White House and now it's going to be littered with Trumps.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
man even the funnies are depressed about a president trump

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

reminder that trump presidency is still bullshit and you should still be mad about it, btw

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

pathetic little tramp posted:

Dude, get Canadian citizenship. Healthcare in the US is going to get insanely expensive. As expensive as it was getting under Obamacare, that was nothing compared to what should have happened to healthcare costs.

alternatively you can stay the heck out of canada if all youre going to do is leach our glorious/correct social healthcare system. we want u up here just as much as trump wants u down there :colbert:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

zegermans posted:

Mattis is a career officer whose only flaws (that I'm aware of) are A. being a Marine, and B. being on the board of Theranos (which you can argue he didn't know it was a scam/thought he was doing the right thing/etc). He's probably one of the few people qualified to run the DoD while also not being batshit crazy.

e: if selected, I don't see many dems protesting it, if any at all.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Montasque posted:

No I agree with him, Hillary outspent him on ads 2-1 in most battlegrounds... He's just so smug...

Speaking of smug...

https://twitter.com/jacobkornbluh/status/801477288227434497

Is this the point where we're cool with Stalin and Poland?

Serf
May 5, 2011

Oiled and Ready posted:

like most of the global capitalist elite, Cuban never actually gave a poo poo about anything but enriching himself at the expense of the rest of us

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Oiled and Ready posted:

They are both garbage.

The world is garbage.

We are all garbage.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

iospace posted:

Counterpoint: hot dog chowder

code word or not, a capital offense

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
Buried lede time:

quote:

Nasa’s Earth science division is set to be stripped of funding in favor of exploration of deep space, with the president-elect having set a goal during the campaign to explore the entire solar system by the end of the century.

Trump wants to explore the entire solar system by the end of the century while cutting out earth science research. That's a libertarian-as-hell thing that goofy people like Elon Musk want. They have this goddamn dumb idea that we can just go to Mars once Earth gets too polluted. I just wanna shake people like that and say "But you're the loving pollutant poo poo-for-brains."

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

new kind of cat posted:

Wtf at Ben Carson on HUD. And god loving help us if Falwell goes to the DoEd

https://twitter.com/JenniferJJacobs/status/801484474877931520

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/dangainor/status/801483501333835777

Ben Shaprio retweeted this, so my gut tells me this is a really bad thing.

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

USA is the only country in this corner of the galaxy capable of deep space exploration

competitive advantage ftw

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Montasque posted:

They are both garbage.

The world is garbage.

We are all garbage.

maybe we should at least attempt to make it better

Coatlicue
Sep 14, 2012

it doesn't matter
how fast or how far,
you're still runnin' like a fool
I, for one, am disappointed that no former apprentice candidates have been named for cabinet positions.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Politco posted:

DeVos, of Grand Rapids, Mich., chairs the American Federation for Children, a group that has aggressively pushed for the expansion of charter schools and voucher programs that enable students to attend private schools with taxpayer money.

The pick would be a sign that Trump plans to pursue his campaign pledge to push for sweeping school choice, including creating a $20 billion block grant to expand charter and private school options for low-income children -- almost as much as the country now spends on funding for schools serving poor kids and special education programs combined. The idea has long been championed by conservatives but has fizzled in Congress. DeVos' advocacy group helped craft his proposal.

I don't know if this good or bad. I don't know enough about the situation.

Serf
May 5, 2011

pathetic little tramp posted:

Buried lede time:

Trump wants to explore the entire solar system by the end of the century while cutting out earth science research. That's a libertarian-as-hell thing that goofy people like Elon Musk want. They have this goddamn dumb idea that we can just go to Mars once Earth gets too polluted. I just wanna shake people like that and say "But you're the loving pollutant poo poo-for-brains."

nothing makes me more angry than dumb idiot fuckers who think we'll be able to live on Mars

and of all those dumb idiot fuckers none is worse than capitalist pig-dog Elon Musk

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Yinlock posted:

maybe we should at least attempt to make it better

You're in Canada.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Covok posted:

I don't know if this good or bad.

It's not that creationism guy at least.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Covok posted:

Big pro: She is not Jerry Falwell Jr

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

Montasque posted:

https://twitter.com/dangainor/status/801483501333835777

Ben Shaprio retweeted this, so my gut tells me this is a really bad thing.

They're the Amway Pyramid Scheme people, so.... basically what this guy tweeted in response:

https://twitter.com/ReginaldConway/status/801485296613392384

Covok
May 27, 2013

Are charter schools good? Sounds like it gives lower income people access to good education, but it's hard to say because Trump.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Montasque posted:

You're in Canada.

not sure how this changes my statement

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Covok posted:

Charter schools and vouchers are a Bad Thing so the situation is Bad

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Serf posted:

nothing makes me more angry than dumb idiot fuckers who think we'll be able to live on Mars

and of all those dumb idiot fuckers none is worse than capitalist pig-dog Elon Musk

i'm glad you've recovered from yesterday's incident

nothing like aliens to put the fight back in someone

Serf
May 5, 2011

Covok posted:

Are charter schools good? Sounds like it gives lower income people access to good education, but it's hard to say because Trump.

sounds like a classic Trump-style scammer, but I'll take "scam" over "anti-rationalism" any day.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Covok posted:

They are bad.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Louisgod posted:

Charter schools and vouchers are a Bad Thing so the situation is Bad

Why are they bad?

Serf
May 5, 2011

also I'll give Elon Musk this: he argued in favor of Universal Basic Income, which is something we are desperately going to need

he should do something concrete, like setting up an organization that provides a basic income with his vast fortune

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

Covok posted:

Charter schools range from 'slightly better for urban environments but probably due to the fact charter schools exclude mentally retarded children / pressure kids they don't like to drop out" to "loving terrible creationism-taught-as-fact trash that diverts public tax money to churches."

The only state I've found that has had a good experience with charter schools is Iowa. They put shitloads of regulations into them (must be controlled by local school board, 50% of teachers AND parents must decide to open charter school, no public money can be given to christian schools as per 1st amendment). There are currently 3 charter schools open across the whole of Iowa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
charter schools are good becasue the reason public education is bad is that nobody is making money off o fit so ther ewas never any reasont o invest in our childrens education

• Locked thread