Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Palpek posted:

Shyamalan is back with a movie about Proffesor X

Woo 23 personalities and 24th to rule them all - sounds like another M. Night "water kills aliens so they invade water planet" Shyamalan gimmick.

Eeeuuuuuggggccchhhh

I've decided to give Mr. Shamwow another shot after seeing The Visit. When he makes a movie that doesn't have a SUPER CRAZY TWIST (just a regular twist), they are pretty dang good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
The Visit was pretty badly written as per MNS's usual, but I'll be damned if it wasn't entertaining.

I was laughing pretty hard at "Oh gee hi mom, sorry about the huge-rear end smear that I could easily clean off the camera, I know it's conveniently blocking the view of Meemaw and Pep-pep but I'm sure everything's fine!". I still don't know if Shyamalan realizes how stupid his plot contrivances are or not.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
He'll say things like, "oh The Happening was supposed to be a silly B movie" when the film is actually Tommy Wiseau Z-level on a big budget.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
With the Visit, I'm starting to feel like Shyamalan just has a really bizarre, naff sense of humor that compells him to write really douchey characters.

CelticPredator posted:

Scorcher 7 was lit

Here we go again...

...again...

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Seshoho Cian posted:

A friend of mine told me about this film on Netflix about a man who is killed by a billionaire and reincarnates as a house fly in order to save the woman he loves

Makkhi is a great gift to humanity. It's really intense, and the soundtrack is also good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQXXkVXdGrE

And More fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Nov 23, 2016

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Please stop all this unimportant babbling and tell me more about Monster Trucks, the $150 million dollar movie about an alien truck that has been in production since 2014 and has already been written off as a loss.

How does this happen?

davidspackage posted:

With the Visit, I'm starting to feel like Shyamalan just has a really bizarre, naff sense of humor that compells him to write really douchey characters.

We joke but M Night is legitimately insane. He cast Paul Giamatti as the lead in Lady in the Water because he had a vision his shoes were calling out to him and on-set when a shot looked bad he angrily berated his cameraman (who was a seasoned professional) rather than admit he had a bad idea for how to frame the scene. Every time he starts to appear normal and like he's heading down to Earth he says or does something that makes me think he's disconnected from reality as ever.

He had no idea how bad Avatar was and was in a state of shock when an interviewer brought up how badly it had reviewed. I feel sorry for the guy becausehe loves making movies but he's just living in his own crazy, crazy bubble.

Perhaps a hamster
Jun 15, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

Eeeuuuuuggggccchhhh

I've decided to give Mr. Shamwow another shot after seeing The Visit. When he makes a movie that doesn't have a SUPER CRAZY TWIST (just a regular twist), they are pretty dang good.
Split looks hilarious though.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Calico Heart posted:

I feel sorry for the guy becausehe loves making movies but he's just living in his own crazy, crazy bubble.

I really don't feel sorry for him because he became a huge star at the age of 30 and as a result has not had to try that hard to get his movies made since then. Almost every director with his level of success goes through a down period where the public turns against their work, but his career seemed to barely suffer from it, and he's still getting movies made with decent budgets to this day. Feel bad for Michael Cimino and Michael Powell, their careers were actually ruined by a single poorly received movie, Shymalan just keeps on truckin.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
hmmmm

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

They really just loving mirrored it instead of making the bottom part current-day things/people? What's even the point then?

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

At least it's better than the first poster for the movie.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
There's something about the costumes that rubs me the wrong way but I'm not enough of an expert to really explain why. They seem cheap, like they don't belong in a movie that probably cost 100+ million to make.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Calico Heart posted:

We joke but M Night is legitimately insane. He cast Paul Giamatti as the lead in Lady in the Water because he had a vision his shoes were calling out to him and on-set when a shot looked bad he angrily berated his cameraman (who was a seasoned professional) rather than admit he had a bad idea for how to frame the scene.

I hadn't heard of that (shoes?) but I know he left Disney because their head of development didn't read the script day of delivery (she took her son to a party instead). He also had the apartment building built from scratch rather than using a location because he has a thing about making movies in his home state.
e: I guess all this adds up to Shyamalan being a real auteur.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Basebf555 posted:

There's something about the costumes that rubs me the wrong way but I'm not enough of an expert to really explain why. They seem cheap, like they don't belong in a movie that probably cost 100+ million to make.

I feel the same. Someone will probably do an effortpost about how that's the actual way they dressed back then according to the anime and RPG they're currently playing but they look like bad convention cosplay to me.

e:

And More posted:

Makkhi is a great gift to humanity. It's really intense, and the soundtrack is also good.

Yes, this. This movie does a 'person learns to use his insect powers' training montage better than Ant-Man could ever hope to.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Basebf555 posted:

The only iconic thing about Assassin's Creed is the white robes the player character always wears, better make them black, brown and dirty grey.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

And More posted:

I really want to watch this now. Is it available in a subtitled/dubbed version?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

flosofl posted:

I really want to watch this now. Is it available in a subtitled/dubbed version?

I watched it with subtitles at a film festival, so it's probably out there.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

flashy_mcflash posted:

I watched it with subtitles at a film festival, so it's probably out there.

It's on Netflix! :neckbeard:

Savidudeosoo
Feb 12, 2016

Pelican, a Bag Man

Improbable Lobster posted:

The only iconic thing about Assassin's Creed is the white robes the player character always wears, better make them black, brown and dirty grey.

I don't know, the wrist blades are more iconic in my opinion.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I have no interest in that movie. However, if someone made a 99 hour looping video of Fassbender jumping off a building onto a cart full of hay, I'd watch that every day.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Improbable Lobster posted:

Well to be fair, in non-video-game-land, stark white robes are loving dumb for an assassin.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

It's actually the iconic hood tip.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
The white robe thing isn't consistent throughout the series, just the first game really. There's another player character that also wears white robes "canonically" but by that point the series had introduced customizable clothing so everyone was wearing whatever robe they liked the best.

The colors aren't what bother me about the costumes. I think its that they look too perfect, every stitch perfect and no dust or dirt or grime anywhere to be seen. I guess it maybe makes sense considering nothing we're seeing is actually real but I still don't like it.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Palpek posted:

Michael Fassbender's Iconic Hair

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

BonoMan posted:

Well to be fair, in non-video-game-land, stark white robes are loving dumb for an assassin.

In the original game I think he was supposed to be pretending to be some kind of christian monk or priest before they removed almost all references to religion in their game set during the Crusades.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Savidudeosoo posted:

I don't know, the wrist blades are more iconic in my opinion.

Personally I think it's the logo that looks like a staple remover.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Skwirl posted:

In the original game I think he was supposed to be pretending to be some kind of christian monk or priest before they removed almost all references to religion in their game set during the Crusades.

To be fair, you do get to have a fist fight with a Pope in one of the sequels.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Skwirl posted:

Well you see the games are made by a multicultural team of many faiths and ethnicities

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

It is sort of strange to make a game where the main character is part of a radical Shia sect and the game is named after that sect and barely mention religion at all.

FreudianSlippers fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Nov 23, 2016

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Basebf555 posted:

The white robe thing isn't consistent throughout the series, just the first game really. There's another player character that also wears white robes "canonically" but by that point the series had introduced customizable clothing so everyone was wearing whatever robe they liked the best.

The wine-red color scheme was way cooler than the default white.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

FreudianSlippers posted:

It is sort of strange to make a game where the main character is part of a radical Shia sect and the game is named after that sect and barely mention religion at all.

I guess they skirt the issue by saying that all of the worlds established religions are basically a bullshit cover for the real poo poo that's been going on in the shadows for centuries. Fuckin ancient aliens man.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Holy poo poo.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

FreudianSlippers posted:

What, are you kidding? You stab the Pope in one of them!

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

ruddiger posted:

Holy poo poo.

Mad Sheila?

I now want George Miller to retroactively rename Mad Max to Mad Bruce.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

From the director of Stalingrad comes Stalingrad 2:

Its previous poster doesn't make much sense:

Overall I'm curious about Russian Independence Day.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

There's some documentary on Amazon called "The Rise and Rise of Bitcoin" and I can't imagine how bad the info on it seeing as it is at least a couple of years old.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Palpek posted:

M'assassin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

muscles like this! posted:

There's some documentary on Amazon called "The Rise and Rise of Bitcoin" and I can't imagine how bad the info on it seeing as it is at least a couple of years old.

If you made a venn diagram of the viewers of that, Are All Men Pedophiles, and the pro-vaping puff piece A Billion Lives it would just be a circle.