Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

RVProfootballer posted:

Yeah for sure, Jared Cook the complete shoo-in for 5-50 each week, just like he's managed to hit in 0 previous seasons or in his first three games this year when he went a combined 7-53-0.

Nevermind his schedule to close out the year, as Spoeank says.

He averaged like 4/40 for three straight years with a QB carousel of Locker/Hasselbeck/Bradford/Clemens/Hill/Davis plus all the things I said so you all can keep being acrimonious or you can just accept that we know nothing and that fantasy football will always find new and exciting ways to piss you off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Spoeank posted:

A second TE to maybe start in week 13 (after seeing it two weeks in a row)?
Against Houston, who allows the fourth-fewest fantasy points to tight ends?
Or week 14, against Seattle, who allows the eighth-fewest?
Or week 15, against Chicago, who allows the ninth-fewest?
And then are you going to trust him in the finals?

I mean.

Sure.

Okay yeah let's actually delve into these numbers then

Houston had played against exactly two good TEs and they were against a notoriously fickle Kelce and Delaine Walker before Mularkey freed the Mariota

The only good TEs Seattle has played were Bennett and a gimped Gronk and they combined for 10/158

Chicago shut down CJ Hatguy and Witten the first 3 weeks of the season but have since given up 8/60/1 to Allen/Doyle and gave up 5/30 to Kyle Rudolph who might as well loving be Jared Cook. In PPR that's 5.5-8 which has been Witten territory all year and he's a perfectly serviceable TE

It's pretty easy to shut down the TE when you're playing against the Jets/Cards/Rams/Vikings/Giants come on try a little harder broseph

e: specifically the bears, their best LB is Trevethan and he's very much a run stopper not a coverage guy.

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Nov 23, 2016

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Kelce was targeted 7 times and got 5 catches for 34 yards. I'm not sure that's "fickle" for TE. Walker was targeted 8 times for 2 catches and 34 yards.

Pretty good coverage on the TE I'd say.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

I don't know who the gently caress I'm starting this week. 6 PATD Standard:

QB:
Matt Ryan
Kirk Cousins

Leaning towards Kirk.

RB: (Starting 3)
Spencer Ware
Thomas Rawls
Theo Riddick
Carlos Hyde
James Starks
Wendell Smallwood

Leaning towards Ware, Rawls, and Hyde.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

RisqueBarber posted:

I don't know who the gently caress I'm starting this week. 6 PATD Standard:

QB:
Matt Ryan
Kirk Cousins

Leaning towards Kirk.

RB: (Starting 3)
Spencer Ware
Thomas Rawls
Theo Riddick
Carlos Hyde
James Starks
Wendell Smallwood

Leaning towards Ware, Rawls, and Hyde.

The week 12 sit/start thread is up: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3799009

: D

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

my b, ill post there.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

MacheteZombie posted:

Kelce was targeted 7 times and got 5 catches for 34 yards. I'm not sure that's "fickle" for TE. Walker was targeted 8 times for 2 catches and 34 yards.

Pretty good coverage on the TE I'd say.

Take a look at that Tennessee game and see if any of their players did anything of note enough to determine that it was good TE coverage or a lovely game for their passing attack on the whole

Kelce is actually averaging 5/57 on just about 7 targets so that's actuality kind of right in line with his per game average for the season

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Other than Cook I can pick from Ertz, Tye, Hooper (although ESPN is negging on him because of toilolo) or Vance McDonald.

Is Ertz the pick out of those?

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I would rank them as

Hooper
McDonald/Cook depending on how desperate you are this week or if you're trying to play for the playoffs
Ertz
Tye

This is where people are going to bag on me for playing devil's advocate for Cook while telling you to roster Zach loving Ertz

e: eh, maybe McDonald is 1A over Hooper, he's been jiving with Kaep a bit. I think I'd take him

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Nov 23, 2016

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Teemu Pokemon posted:

He averaged like 4/40 for three straight years with a QB carousel of Locker/Hasselbeck/Bradford/Clemens/Hill/Davis plus all the things I said so you all can keep being acrimonious or you can just accept that we know nothing and that fantasy football will always find new and exciting ways to piss you off

I'm honestly a little shocked that one game from a garbage tight end has won you over so hard. For the record, he's never once averaged 4 catches a game, failed to hit 40 yards a game in half his seasons as a primary tight end, and is now competing with Jordy, Cobb, and Adams for looks instead of Kenny Britt, Tavon Austin, and co. Lance Kendricks is on pace for 60-550, or roughly Cook's career production (more catches, fewer yards). He's garbage.

Rotoworld blurb, lol: "Cook had multiple drops and wasn't on the same page with Aaron Rodgers on a wide open end-zone target. He also killed Green Bay's comeback with a late fumble."

Teemu Pokemon posted:

This is where people are going to bag on me for playing devil's advocate for Cook while telling you to roster Zach loving Ertz

Ertz is averaging 9 targets a game the last three. I haven't looked at opponents, but any tight end that involved is my pick over almost any generic wire TE.

sourdough fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Nov 23, 2016

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

RVProfootballer posted:

I'm honestly a little shocked that one game from a garbage tight end has won you over so hard. For the record, he's never once averaged 4 catches a game, failed to hit 40 yards a game in half his seasons as a primary tight end, and is now competing with Jordy, Cobb, and Adams for looks instead of Kenny Britt, Tavon Austin, and co. Lance Kendricks is on pace for 60-550, or roughly Cook's career production (more catches, fewer yards). He's garbage.

Rotoworld blurb, lol: "Cook had multiple drops and wasn't on the same page with Aaron Rodgers on a wide open end-zone target. He also killed Green Bay's comeback with a late fumble."

Yeah I'd need to see consistancy for two more games before I tried to fall on that grenade. He's still available in my league after dropped 14 and some change. And I know there are some guys who need a TE.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I'm not won over I'm just saying stranger things have happened and considering the way the Packers are built right now the pieces are there for a miracle. Whether it happens or not remains to be seen but like I said

Teemu Pokemon posted:

I'd easily rather have him on my bench than Bibbs or the Washingtons or LaFell or some poo poo.

He's a late-season long shot flyer, just like 99% of the guys you're adding during week 12.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Should I get Hunter Henry, Vernon Davis, or Charles Clay, to stream at TE instead of Cook?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Edited it in above, but realized it might be too late:

Teemu Pokemon posted:

Ertz is averaging 9 targets a game the last three. I haven't looked at opponents, but any tight end that involved is my pick over almost any generic wire TE. I don't intend that as a ringing endorsement of him at all, but among all garbage tight ends, opportunity is all I'm looking for, ya know?

sourdough fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Nov 23, 2016

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Zach Ertz is Kyle Rudolph in a green jersey

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Don't play Cook you fools

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Teemu Pokemon posted:

Wrong, Rudolph can at least run after the catch.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Teemu Pokemon posted:

In a year when Kyle Rudolph is like TE#8 or 9, and we're talking about wire TEs to stream, this is the best argument for having Ertz above those other bums

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Green Bay is garbage.

Play Ertz against them.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

RVProfootballer posted:

I don't intend that as a ringing endorsement of him at all, but among all garbage tight ends, opportunity is all I'm looking for, ya know?

This is basically the same thing I'm saying about Cook though? Both he and Ertz are career underperformers with measurables and the Packers are basically running a hyper-WCO to compensate for their complete lack of a running game and desperately need someone who can split the seam at the second level. That's a perfect storm for any TE with the prototypical tools to thrive.

I know it's Jared Cook, but look at fantasy football as an entire entity and tell me if any of it makes sense. I'm not saying Jared loving Cook will lead you to the promised land, just saying don't be so dismissive

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

Should I get Hunter Henry, Vernon Davis, or Charles Clay, to stream at TE instead of Cook?

You know what, gently caress it, my team is 2-9 I'm rolling with Cook

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
*jared cook gets more than 20% of his fantasy points over the last two seasons in one game*

Guys I think Jared Cook might be good

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
It's just odd to me to see Teemu saying something/anything positive about TEs

especially Cook

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Spoeank posted:

*jared cook gets more than 20% of his fantasy points over the last two seasons in one game*

This.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Spoeank posted:

Admittedly I am not that familiar with Cook, but a lot of us looked at the fact that he came back from injury to two double digit games and that seemed positive.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

MacheteZombie posted:

It's just odd to me to see Teemu saying something/anything positive about TEs

especially Cook

The End Times are truly upon us.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Teemu Pokemon posted:

This is basically the same thing I'm saying about Cook though? Both he and Ertz are career underperformers with measurables and the Packers are basically running a hyper-WCO to compensate for their complete lack of a running game and desperately need someone who can split the seam at the second level. That's a perfect storm for any TE with the prototypical tools to thrive.

I know it's Jared Cook, but look at fantasy football as an entire entity and tell me if any of it makes sense. I'm not saying Jared loving Cook will lead you to the promised land, just saying don't be so dismissive

Ertz has now had multiple games showing he's getting that opportunity, his competition for targets is Jordan Matthews, DGB, et al, and he's actually had a good fantasy year in his career. Meanwhile, Jordy and Cobb each had just 5 targets in the sole good game that Cook has had, while Adams had 6 (so 16 total between them). That trio averages 26 targets a game for the rest of the year, including a game Cobb missed. I am just really not seeing Cook having anywhere near the target share he had the last game, and he's bad at football so needs volume to do anything.

Leperflesh posted:

You know what, gently caress it, my team is 2-9 I'm rolling with Cook

League of Posts? Do it :unsmigghh:

BonoMan posted:

Admittedly I am not that familiar with Cook, but a lot of us looked at the fact that he came back from injury to two double digit games and that seemed positive.

Well he's only played one game coming back from injury, so yeah :v:

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

pubic works project posted:

The End Times are truly upon us.

EMBRACE THE CHAOS

Spoeank posted:

Things people said about Billy Volek and Drew Bennett

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Did Jared Cook get you with one or those Wrath of Khan worms?

"Tight End, Green Bay?"

"Tight End Green Bay!"

"Oh no!"

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

RVProfootballer posted:

Well he's only played one game coming back from injury, so yeah :v:

Oh weird, for some reason I swear I kept checking and seeing two games. I think I was looking at Gates instead. My brain is mush.

Anyway, looking at matchups I went with Ertz over everyone else.

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal
e: wrong thread I think my bad.

Knyteguy fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Nov 23, 2016

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Spoeank posted:

"Tight End, Green Bay?"

"Tight End Green Bay!"

"Oh no!"

I've specifically railed against the GB TE narrative in this very thread, but this Packers offense is not the same Packers offense of the last X years and shouldn't be judged in the same vacuum.

The way they're running it right now, it's just begging for a TE to become a between the 20s target hog. It's too bad that TE is Cook but can't keep from loving that measurables chicken.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
RIP Fat Karlos

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Remember Fat Karlos Williams? Still have him stashed on your dynasty team for some reason? Well ...

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/801531482879754240

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Spoeank posted:

"Tight End, Green Bay?"

"Tight End Green Bay!"

"Oh no!"

Lmao Spoeank my brother I really needed the laugh that this provided after the last hour I experienced.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

This is a pretty hilarious Twitter thread:

https://twitter.com/Michael_Fabiano/status/801514351463002112

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Pretty silly backpedal after he was called out. "I was saying it was fair as in not veto worthy, not that one side didn't win it!!"

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

For people down on Sammy Watkins, Buffalo's offense was very different the two games he was healthy this season. His playoff schedule looks nice. Don't drop someone good, but he is absolutely worth taking a flyer on if you have a spot.

So can someone tell me why we aren't giving Kaepernick more streaming love. He is putting up some nice numbers consistently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Sataere posted:

So can someone tell me why we aren't giving Kaepernick more streaming love. He is putting up some nice numbers consistently.

No idea. Kaep is the answer

• Locked thread