Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
His expression reminds me of venom snake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

wizard on a water slide posted:

thanks, I was thinking of buying FF9 recently and that's probably cheaper than it'll be during steam sales

lol, I always forget their shopping website is garbage until I decide to use it again.

Don't expect an order confirmation right away.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

This is mostly directed at cjacobs but I finished Max Payne 3 and holy lmao that game ramps the gently caress up at the end, doesn't it? :allears:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Palpek posted:

No, just 10 more hours.

:argh:

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

It's just another 20 minutes, christ

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

GUI posted:

Is Far Cry Primal worth the u$14 it's going for in the PSN store y/n. I've played and liked every Far Cry game (except for the godawful Wii one), but I'm not sure how good the gameplay would be if you removed the firearms.

I loved it, but I didn't play 4, just 2 and 3.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Grapplejack posted:

This is mostly directed at cjacobs but I finished Max Payne 3 and holy lmao that game ramps the gently caress up at the end, doesn't it? :allears:

That game looks like it took a lot of work to make.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I was browsing netflix and saw this

Wow that is an unfortunate name

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Is it even possible for that to not be intentional?

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

FirstAidKite posted:

I was browsing netflix and saw this

Wow that is an unfortunate name

Look at that, only lasted one season.

Even Totally Spies beat that.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
There is no "browsing" Netflix.

Netflix presented LoliRock to you. Because Netflix thought you would like it.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Snak posted:

Is it even possible for that to not be intentional?

No.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Brace yourselves, Steam Awards™ are coming. http://store.steampowered.com/SteamAwardNominations/

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

TheScott2K posted:

There is no "browsing" Netflix.

Netflix presented LoliRock to you. Because Netflix thought you would like it.

This is dumb because you can totally browse through netflix even though it suggests stuff to you.

LoliRock was on there probably because this is KCB's family's netflix account where their 12 year-old watches anime and cartoons

It's like how steam has a steam queue that tries to recommend stuff to you but it's not very useful

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

LawfulWaffle posted:

Why can't podcasters correctly pronounce "Automata"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcniyQYFU6M

nier automato

Grapplejack posted:

It sure does! It turns into a Die Hard movie like right at the very end because hey why not. How did you enjoy the kickass ariport terminal setpiece that rules and is awesome

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Palpek posted:

Brace yourselves, Steam Awards™ are coming. http://store.steampowered.com/SteamAwardNominations/

2016 has taught me to never let the public vote on things

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

No entry for 'biggest Early Access scam'?

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Sakurazuka posted:

No entry for 'biggest Early Access scam'?
You can add your own category. Don't forget to add 'Wooooah duuuude' at the beginning though to keep with the naming theme.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

CJacobs posted:

It sure does! It turns into a Die Hard movie like right at the very end because hey why not. How did you enjoy the kickass ariport terminal setpiece that rules and is awesome

The baggage handling room is great, the monorail segment is meh, but the terminal shootout is :discourse:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Is there any way any video game other than Goat Simulator is going to win this asinine category.

tap my mountain posted:

The baggage handling room is great, the monorail segment is meh, but the terminal shootout is :discourse:

Hell :yeah:!

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Palpek posted:

You can add your own category. Don't forget to add 'Wooooah duuuude' at the beginning though to keep with the naming theme.

Which award does Hatred win?

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

CJacobs posted:

Is there any way any video game other than Goat Simulator is going to win this asinine category.
Witcher 3's goat quest was pretty funny.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

CJacobs posted:

stardew valley, the zoo race

goat simulator deserves it tho

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Undertale easily wins all categories, it's not even fair

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Hell, Undertale has a couple nice goats

Dogs are farm animals also

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

CJacobs posted:

Cows in Just Cause 3?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

wizard on a water slide posted:

Hell, Undertale has a couple nice goats

Y'know what, I could believe this one.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Isn't is it supposed to be games from 2016?

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

This is my initial pass, not sure 100% yet. Dumb, because I've got 400+ games in my "backlog" category but whatevs. Might get FF9 from the square sale too.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Scott Forstall posted:

This is my initial pass, not sure 100% yet. Dumb, because I've got 400+ games in my "backlog" category but whatevs. Might get FF9 from the square sale too.

This War Of Mine is one of the most enjoyable games I've played in years, and it's very replayable. You chose... wisely.

e: Life is Strange is also god tier

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

In Training posted:

Isn't is it supposed to be games from 2016?
They don't state that.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Life is Strange is good but the way the characters talk and text message each other will make you want to die

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I'm just a humble console gamer but the amount of games people buy on steam without ever playing them even once has always been weird to me

CJacobs posted:

Life is Strange is good but the way the characters talk and text message each other will make you want to die

It's a long time since I played it but I think they got hella better with that after the first episode or two

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

I'm just a humble console gamer but the amount of games people buy on steam without ever playing them even once has always been weird to me

It's a long time since I played it but I think they got hella better with that after the first episode or two

Sales devalue games to the point of collectors items because the Steam store makes its user infected with AIDS.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Hi, so tell me about Just Cause 3's crimes against video games. Is it basically just "not a huge upgrade over Just Cause 2"? Or is it still riddled with optimization problems?

Because if it's just "more Just Cause except now you have a Wingsuit" then I'm probably interested at this price point.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I voted Toki Tori 2+ for best use of farm animal

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I suffer from the bad habit of buying lots of games on steam that look cool but I never get around to playing much or any of because being an adult blows and also too many of them take effort to play.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Since we're talking about pets, my gamer bird Yoshi loves to say "Yoshiiiiii!!" and can't say "Well excuuuse me, Princess!" yet, but is trying to learn it real hard. He loves pulling on control sticks with his beak.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

deadly_pudding posted:

Hi, so tell me about Just Cause 3's crimes against video games. Is it basically just "not a huge upgrade over Just Cause 2"? Or is it still riddled with optimization problems?

Because if it's just "more Just Cause except now you have a Wingsuit" then I'm probably interested at this price point.

They patched it and fixed a lot of the issues for some people but I still get chunky as gently caress performance on my pretty bulky pc so I'd say buyer beware.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

Since we're talking about pets, my gamer bird Yoshi loves to say "Yoshiiiiii!!" and can't say "Well excuuuse me, Princess!" yet, but is trying to learn it real hard. He loves pulling on control sticks with his beak.

I keep clicking this post and there's still no video.

• Locked thread