Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Unless I just throw the Master Ball at the thing because gently caress it, I'm not gonna use that thing either.

save your masterball on the rare chance a shiny shows up, so you don't accidentally kill it/ have it run/it's Beldum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Flopsy posted:

You wouldn't happen to have one of these HA vulpixs in a dive ball would you? If not could you specify how you caught the first so i can do it on my own run through? When pokebank comes through I can make it up to you, I got a lot of shinys saved up.
I do not. However, I have a HA male vulpix in a regular pokeball, so you could catch a regular female vulpix in a dive ball and breed it.
I caught my first one by chaining in Tapu village for like 30-45 minutes.

oddium posted:

if your starter is good (swampert, infernape, owl, wrestle tiger) use it. if it's bad (popplio, blaziken) box it
wow, rude :catbert:

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

Hammerite posted:

Ah, the good old days of Gen I where you could get into a trainer battle that couldn't end because AI mons didn't Struggle.

And Struggle was Normal type, meaning you could get stuck fighting Agatha and lose.

I know because this happened to me.

gently caress you Pidgeot you had plenty of Wing Attacks when I went in!!

of course this is how I first restarted the game and picked Charmander over Squirtle and now Charizard is one of my favorites so maybe it wasn't so bad :shobon:

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

How come all the starters have a signature move that's their sub-type, lariat and ghost arrow, but primarina just gets a dumb water ball? A signature fairy move would have been pretty nice.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
popplio's not that bad

for a trash can

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

thehoodie posted:

Hey, screw all you people making GBS threads on Popplio line. My Primarina is a beautiful ballerina bro and I love it

Clubbing seals is horryfying but I'm all in favor of it when it comes to Primarina

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Krinkle posted:

How come all the starters have a signature move that's their sub-type, lariat and ghost arrow, but primarina just gets a dumb water ball? A signature fairy move would have been pretty nice.

Moonblast is way too good.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
all the starters are good, and my friends.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
The starter order from best to worst is Rowlet, Popplio, Litten.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Is there a good writeup on Pelago facilities and Festival facilities yet? Is the EV training island viable or does it take take an hour to generate an EV or something stupid like that.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Nephzinho posted:

Is there a good writeup on Pelago facilities and Festival facilities yet? Is the EV training island viable or does it take take an hour to generate an EV or something stupid like that.

15 minutes, but this is realtime even when the 3DS is off. Basically, EV Training the hard way is faster but this way works if you just want to ev train a bunch and don't care about speed.

Bird Law
Nov 5, 2009

Hummingbirds are a legal tender.
I'm nowhere near beating Moon yet, but I doubt anything's going to beat Pokemon's newest MVP character:

The Slowpoke that Team Skull was trying to kidnap at Memorial Hill cemetery. "Lo-o-w?"

I've never laughed out loud at a Pokemon game before, but that guy was fantastic.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Senerio posted:

15 minutes, but this is realtime even when the 3DS is off. Basically, EV Training the hard way is faster but this way works if you just want to ev train a bunch and don't care about speed.

So it takes the better part of a week to fully EV train without spending beans (bit over 5 days), but you can do 18 at a time completely hands off (as long as they are training the same stat)?

e; how is the XP gain?

Nephzinho fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Nov 23, 2016

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Mazerunner posted:

save your masterball on the rare chance a shiny shows up, so you don't accidentally kill it/ have it run/it's Beldum

When it boils down to it, I can just easily pkhex a bunch more in if I really, really have a need to have Master Balls so they're not especially sacred.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
When I replay and pick Popplio as my starter my inevitably male Primarina will be named after...

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Unless I just throw the Master Ball at the thing because gently caress it, I'm not gonna use that thing either.
Ever since I used my Master Ball in Yellow on an Onix, I've never once used it out of fear that i'll find something I'd really want it for. I will say I got pretty close for Tapu Fini though, gently caress the constant healing.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Nephzinho posted:

So it takes the better part of a week to fully EV train without spending beans (bit over 5 days), but you can do 18 at a time completely hands off (as long as they are training the same stat)?

e; how is the XP gain?

Oh okay so I was wrong

Serebii posted:

Isle Evelup is an island that acts as passive training. On this island, you can put groups of 6 Pokémon into the island to play, and then give them specific drinks. These drinks will improve their stats. The Pokémon are put into the island for play sessions that last 30 minutes, and you can set how many play sessions the Pokémon go through. Depending on the level of the island, the Pokémon gets 1, 2 or 4 EVs respectively every play session, so at Level 3, 4 every 30 minutes meaning to get 252 you'd need to have 63 sessions lasting 31 and a half hours. Poké Beans will speed this up so that the play sessions only last 15 minutes per session.

EXP: "Increases your Pokémon's EXP by an average of 300 Exp. Points per session in Lv. 3"

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Holy poo poo this red oricorio called for help and my life is hell now.
This is hell.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Deified Data posted:

When I replay and pick Popplio as my starter my inevitably male Primarina will be named after...

Good choice, mine was named Yuuri

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The best anime name for your Primarina is Soft + Wet. Thank me later.

jarbv
Jul 10, 2004

corn on the cop posted:

popplio's not that bad

for a trash can

its cool, its signature move can heal bad burns so...

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Senerio posted:

Oh okay so I was wrong

EXP: "Increases your Pokémon's EXP by an average of 300 Exp. Points per session in Lv. 3"

Okay, so there's no instant gratification but I'm totally going to use the hell out of this.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Krinkle posted:

Holy poo poo this red oricorio called for help and my life is hell now.
This is hell.

This fucker burd drained my special attack to poo poo roosted to full several times, quadruple teeter danced us all stupid constantly but somehow I'm the only one who ever hurts himself in the confusion and has broken out of twelve ultra balls.
gently caress this bird.

e: 2nd bird just called for a 3rd bird. I thought only the original guy could call for help so loving gently caress.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

the starters this gen go Decidueye -> Primarina -> Incineroar; it's really close tho, all three are great

CherryCat
Feb 21, 2011

That's a strawberry.

College Slice
Just got Moon today, what shall I name my owl?

cancerianmoth
Oct 18, 2012

Roland Jones posted:

Okay, finally bred myself a Merciless Mareanie, and as a bonus it's male so the children will share his Dive Balls (which match the line's color scheme pretty well) rather than boring Pokeballs.

I'll get to work on breeding more later, and will be willing to trade them to people for whatever (I may make a list of things I prefer but I don't mind just helping people out) if they don't want to torture poor Corsola for
this. Alternatively anyone who doesn't want to wait can get one of my many reject (Limber) Mareanies instead.

I hope you mean Female bc Males don't transfer the ball they are in. They do have a chance of transferring their HA if they have it themselves. Females transfer their ball and have a much higher chance of transferring their ability.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Bird Law posted:

I'm nowhere near beating Moon yet, but I doubt anything's going to beat Pokemon's newest MVP character:

The Slowpoke that Team Skull was trying to kidnap at Memorial Hill cemetery. "Lo-o-w?"

I've never laughed out loud at a Pokemon game before, but that guy was fantastic.
You already went past the real MVP, though! it's the great Hiker guy in the Fire trial.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

CherryCat posted:

Just got Moon today, what shall I name my owl?

Don't name him spooks barkley that's mine.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

cancerianmoth posted:

I hope you mean Female bc Males don't transfer the ball they are in. They do have a chance of transferring their HA if they have it themselves. Females transfer their ball and have a much higher chance of transferring their ability.

This is correct with the caveat that if breeding with a ditto, the males WILL pass down their ball type now.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

cancerianmoth posted:

Cicadas! posted:

This is correct with the caveat that if breeding with a ditto, the males WILL pass down their ball type now.
I believe that now there's a 50-50 chance of who passes down the pokeball if both parents are the same species, actually.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Cicadas! posted:

Actually, ditto means male passes the ball but 2 regular pokes means ball inheritance is a toss-up now.

:shepicide:

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
It's actually quite fun to play Gible Roulette. I have five Gibles, and a Jangmo-o, and I traded them away to people with the caveat that they PM me whether it hatched Gible or Jangmo-o. That was a fun day.

cancerianmoth
Oct 18, 2012

Cicadas! posted:

Blaziken386 posted:

I believe that now there's a 50-50 chance of who passes down the pokeball if both parents are the same species, actually.

Ok. That explains why I was so confused last night when I bred a sandygast and it didn't come in a dive ball. I thought I had grabbed the wrong female. This is great news though. I always hated that I got a good male, in a cool ball, and then bam- he's in a dumb basic ball

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Went back to Lush Jungle to grab the energy ball tm now that I've got machamp, and the first pokemon I run into is passimian. :stare:

cancerianmoth
Oct 18, 2012

Blaziken386 posted:

Went back to Lush Jungle to grab the energy ball tm now that I've got machamp, and the first pokemon I run into is passimian. :stare:

Took about 20min to find Oranguru in mine. I want a female so I can trade mine over to my friend with Passimian, but these encounter rates are god awful.

Also, nyone else know why Oranguru and I assume Passimian share the same Dex slot? I don't actually know bc I don't have both in my dex but there is an empty pokeball above Oranguru in the Dex.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Is there a TM locations list better than the area-but-no-descriptions on Serebii?

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I might mess around with

Decidueye @Deciduem Z
Adamant 252/252
Swords Dance
Sucker Punch
Spirit Shackle
Roost

+6 Arrow Rain splatters trapped toxapex without getting pp stalled and I'm free to sucker and trap afterwards

not having lefties really sucks though and it can't really afford to get scald burned and pp stalled without leaf blade

Ruggington fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Nov 23, 2016

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

wait nevermind my calc was using never-ending nightmare

burned +6 arrow rain has an 88% chance to ohko max defense toxapex

niiiice

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Is there a TM locations list better than the area-but-no-descriptions on Serebii?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMEINEXjwvI Complete with timestamps in the video description for specific ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Could you catch a ditto wit ha masterball and all the clones will have masterballs!?