Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Seemed like he rushed there to say bye.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i guess, but if thats the case then gohan is pretty sad by this point

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Vegeta's dislocated galick gun wrist is evidence he's just a poser, not a real fighter.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Carlosologist posted:

Gohan just gets exhausted from flight easily, says the pessimist in me

And Piccolo was there to save him again in case he fainted mid-flight.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

RBX posted:

Seemed like he rushed there to say bye.

It's this. Toei just got lazy and had him show up without glasses to make the Gohan/Future Gohan comparison easier to compare.

:smith:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
It was to show that Gohan pushed himself hard so he wouldn't miss trunks, no deeper than that.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
It shouldn't be hopeless for Gohan yet. Future Trunks was weaker then baby Pan before this arc, and now he stronger then Goku and Vegeta.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it did seem like they're leaving the door open to gohan fighting again (likt that scene where he finds out what trunks was going through seemed like it could be motivation for him to train again) but I don't even want that to happen if he's just gonna keep being useless at it. tho hey, future trunks got his time to shine so I guess anything's possible

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Gohan suddenly had his little forward bang spike back for some reason

Maybe that means something, or maybe not!

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Manatee Cannon posted:

it did seem like they're leaving the door open to gohan fighting again (likt that scene where he finds out what trunks was going through seemed like it could be motivation for him to train again) but I don't even want that to happen if he's just gonna keep being useless at it. tho hey, future trunks got his time to shine so I guess anything's possible

They can keep putting these hints in the cartoon but Toriyama's outlines will keep him on the bench for all the real action.

The Gohan experiment failed.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

At least Gohan had that one moment in the sun, unlike his brother Gotan? Gootan? Tengo?

Little Goku.

At least he had a moment in the sun unlike Little Goku.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
id like to see some goten/trunks adventures

maybe they couldn't find a challenge on earth, but send them off with Jaco to fight galactic criminals or something

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Josuke Higashikata posted:

At least he had a moment in the sun unlike Little Goku.
Wasn't Little Goku the star of Dragonball Goku Time? Is there another one?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Spiderdrake posted:

Wasn't Little Goku the star of Dragonball Goku Time? Is there another one?

That was Big Little Goku. Little Little Goku became Teenage Little Goku by that time.

Flippinlikebirds
Feb 2, 2007
I'm an ideas man Michael. I think I proved that with Fuck Mountain.

Blockhouse posted:

Gohan suddenly had his little forward bang spike back for some reason

Maybe that means something, or maybe not!

What's up with his hair in general? Seems like it's naturally spiky, but he also had that bowl cut for awhile. Do you think he puts product in it?

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Flippinlikebirds posted:

What's up with his hair in general? Seems like it's naturally spiky, but he also had that bowl cut for awhile. Do you think he puts product in it?

I'm convinced Chichi cut his spiky hair into a bowl shape like a bonsai tree.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Gohan used to have a bowl cut and then he began stealing Yamcha's old haircuts instead.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

Gohan used to have a bowl cut and then he began stealing Yamcha's old haircuts instead.

he knew who he wanted to be when he grew up

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Future Gohan had the best hair when SSJ. That's all that matters

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Rirse posted:

It shouldn't be hopeless for Gohan yet. Future Trunks was weaker then baby Pan before this arc, and now he stronger then Goku and Vegeta.

Pan is def the strongest in the universe though.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Trunks does not seem to be stronger then Goku or Vegeta.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

MonsterEnvy posted:

Trunk is actually as strong as one Vegeto who in turn is as strong as one Arale who in turn is as strong as one Brolly.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

MonsterEnvy posted:

Trunks is both stronger and weaker than Goku.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Trunks can definitely beat up his dad now.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
that vegeta-trunks moment at the end of the most recent episode was pretty cute

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

my dbs prediction: gohan will not achieve super saiyan god from his training

but piccolo will

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Stairmaster posted:

my dbs prediction: gohan will not achieve super saiyan god from his training

but piccolo will

piccolo will finally be as strong as a kaioshin

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

buying the blue saiyan hair wig in xenoverse does not count piccolo

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
the real question is when will they implement the main character in Xenoverse 2, Jorts. He is Trunks' non canonical brother and I'd really like to see him. He saved the timelines and studied under Frieza and Piccolo for his signature moves.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

eonwe posted:

the real question is when will they implement the main character in Xenoverse 2, Jorts. He is Trunks' non canonical brother and I'd really like to see him. He saved the timelines and studied under Frieza and Piccolo for his signature moves.

Does he Never Give Up?

His Motto Hustle Loyalty and Respect?

Prowler
May 24, 2004

What bothers me about Dragon Ball Z and DBS is the potential they have yet to explore with anything that isn't a giant ball of ki, as other posters have noted.

loving Tien (whatever) had a ton of ridiculous techniques that eventually disappeared in favor of tri-beam and kamehameha. Every "Z" fighter is punch punch shoot shoot shoot transform punch. With the occasional teleport from Goku.

With God Ki--and the fact that Goku Black had weird-rear end powers--isn't it about time they expanded their mystical skillset? Better yet, why not take this opportunity to make the non-saiyan characters relevant again by showing how they improve in alternate ways? Piccolo's performance in the universe tournament (and the interesting skills of their opponents) shows how it can be entertaining not being ki blast after face punch after ki blast.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

next chapter of the manga is up

http://mangastream.com/r/dragon_ball_super/018/3828/1

snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

wretched single ply might as well use my socks
God tube :argh:

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

goku doesn't kiss chichi is now officially canon

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Man that was way more boring then the Anime version of events.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
The manga as a whole is just the anime with the interesting bits removed.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

When did Pilaf, Shu, and Mai make the wish to make themselves young again? Was it before or after the Android saga? Because aren't there no Dragon Balls in Future Trunks' timeline? So how did Mai get young again, and then grow up to be how old she is in this arc in Future Trunks' timeline

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

mabels big day posted:

When did Pilaf, Shu, and Mai make the wish to make themselves young again? Was it before or after the Android saga? Because aren't there no Dragon Balls in Future Trunks' timeline? So how did Mai get young again, and then grow up to be how old she is in this arc in Future Trunks' timeline

They wished it right before Piccolo died to the androids. The manga actually shows it. The Dragonballs go inert moments later.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

mabels big day posted:

According to the Manga, literally right before Piccolo dies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

Man that was way more boring then the Anime version of events.

CharlestheHammer posted:

The manga as a whole is just the anime with the interesting bits removed.

This chapter explains Whis' whole deal and that's somehow not interesting?

• Locked thread