Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.
The new Fafnir mode with this patch is seriously hard even on "Easy" difficulty, and requires some foreknowledge and team comp. We should party up and take it on some time soon with a balanced team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Hey does anyone know if HiRez actually suspends people for toxic behavior? I lost my chill (which almost never happens) at someone being a MASSIVE dickbag in Paladins and said some stuff I probably shouldn't. I don't give a gently caress about Paladins but I'd rather not get suspended from Smite, assuming it's a blanket suspension.

Not my proudest moment.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Knee posted:

"He is known for his terrifying battle frenzy, or ríastrad, in which he becomes an unrecognizable monster who knows neither friend nor foe."

To put this in perspective, when Cu Chulainn was finally killed in battle (after being tricked into breaking one of two geas he was under in order to weaken him), his enemies refused to go anywhere near his corpse for three full days because they suspected he was faking it to lure them in close so he could start killing them again. It took a carrion bird landing on him and pecking at his remains before they were finally convinced he was really dead.

Knee
Jul 19, 2006

I'm telling you, it's true. People grow from spores.

FrostyPox posted:

Hey does anyone know if HiRez actually suspends people for toxic behavior? I lost my chill (which almost never happens) at someone being a MASSIVE dickbag in Paladins and said some stuff I probably shouldn't. I don't give a gently caress about Paladins but I'd rather not get suspended from Smite, assuming it's a blanket suspension.

Not my proudest moment.

Supposedly the person who reports someone for whatever reason will get a notification that the offender has had action taken against them. With that said I have reported many people, along with most of my team and maybe the other team reporting the same person, for all cap racist spam (like all cap N word, etc. spam) death threats, and other crazy over the top crap. Horrible poo poo, beyond harassment, directed at one person for not being great at the game. I have never once received any alert saying that any action has been taken against anyone.. ever.

I'll report obvious AFK/Feeding, people saying "gently caress you guys" kind of stuff and just running toward the enemy. I don't report bad players, like bad at the game, just the horrible/toxic chat spam and obvious feeders/AFK.

Nothing ever happens.

You're probably fine.

Knee
Jul 19, 2006

Justice Sloth posted:

They'd have to have some major balls to allow a character that can damage/debuff your teammates. But the idea of a physical guardian/warrior who can blink in, á la Ymir, and just go totally berserk on whichever god(s) are closest to him is very exciting.

*Cu Chulainn enters berserk mode*
*All gods and minions now look like Loki*
*Player enters berserk mode*

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Knee posted:

Supposedly the person who reports someone for whatever reason will get a notification that the offender has had action taken against them. With that said I have reported many people, along with most of my team and maybe the other team reporting the same person, for all cap racist spam (like all cap N word, etc. spam) death threats, and other crazy over the top crap. Horrible poo poo, beyond harassment, directed at one person for not being great at the game. I have never once received any alert saying that any action has been taken against anyone.. ever.

I'll report obvious AFK/Feeding, people saying "gently caress you guys" kind of stuff and just running toward the enemy. I don't report bad players, like bad at the game, just the horrible/toxic chat spam and obvious feeders/AFK.

Nothing ever happens.

You're probably fine.

Well, that's good for me in the short term, but I'd rather see pissy ragey asshats get banned, even if that inculded me. Oh well. :shrug:

e: like, the guy was just raging at the entire team all game for being bad in extremely rude fashion and I got rude back at him

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

I got two separate "an action was taken based on your report" messages when I logged in after the patch, but 99% of the time those are because someone decided 419 v 421 was an insurmountable lead to overcome in Arena and quit, so I assume that's something easier to track.

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

FrostyPox posted:

Not my proudest moment.

One infraction will probably not net anything, unless you pulled some super toxic life threatening poo poo.

However, that report stays on you and HiRez employees can look up your history. If there's a large number of reports against you, they might eventually take action.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

cyclonic posted:

One infraction will probably not net anything, unless you pulled some super toxic life threatening poo poo.

However, that report stays on you and HiRez employees can look up your history. If there's a large number of reports against you, they might eventually take action.

Nah, nothing that severe and I think this is literally the first time in my 17+ years of playing online games I've ever actually gone off on someone

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis

Knee posted:

*Cu Chulainn enters berserk mode*
*All gods and minions now look like Loki*
*Player enters berserk mode*

*All gods and minions turn invisible at random for duration of warp-spasm*

There, that should at least double the rage.

Knee
Jul 19, 2006

Ok, looking to join the clan. My last one just doesn't really have anyone on anymore or willing to group for a couple games so I can complete that quest.

IGN: DethNyl

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

lol I just got reported for feeding

No, Mercury, I'm not feeding, I'm just really bad, I don't know how a Rank 10 Mercury wound up in our game :shrug:

Today is not my day in HiRez games :(

Knee
Jul 19, 2006

So meta for Fafnir's game seems to be 4 Hunters and Thanatos, maybe trade out 1 of the Hunters if you feel like you need a Ymir or Terra. Works very well.

Ripped through 25 rounds of easy mode on like the 4th try. Make it to late teens of hard mode typically. 20 is my best right now.

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.

Knee posted:

So meta for Fafnir's game seems to be 4 Hunters and Thanatos, maybe trade out 1 of the Hunters if you feel like you need a Ymir or Terra. Works very well.

Can confirm, been getting to the high 10s in hard mode, you NEED a Terra or a tanky Guan Yu, otherwise Ne Zha's mode is very likely to murder you. Thanatos is an absolutely required pick, but Izanami's percentage based bullshit seems to make her the S-tier pick for hunters, from what I've seen.

That is, if Ah Puch's bugged permastun doesn't wipe you on the first time you get his mode.

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

cyclonic posted:

I didn't get a chance to catch any of the games over last weekend, but I'm gonna have to go back and watch the Soar/Eager game.

I see Divios picked up Cama, which doesn't shock me because he made Rat work in solo lane before they rekit him.

Also reddit is freaking out about Sylvanus being good? He was always good :confused:

Just wanted to follow-up on this since I saw the games. Divios played Cama like a warrior in the solo lane and picked up Frostbound hammer. The sustain from leaping on a wave is unreal and it let him just brute force through the laning phase. It sort of fell off late game though, which makes sense because it's almost like Osiris - you win the laning phase but you're just sort of there during the late game.

That's basically how I was building Cama in Clash - more like an off-tank warrior than anything else.

But if I were to have an off-tank warrior, I'd rather have one with better cc like Tyr or hell even Odin.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
I'm no expert on the intricacies of picks and bans and which combos work or don't work, but what was obvious was that Divios' Cama made Baskin's Rata pretty much a non factor for the majority of the game. He was less effective at shutting down Vamana in game 3 though.

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Grump's HardFafnirMode Metabuild
Izanami (Qin/Ody/Titan/ShortBow)
AMC (Qin/Ody/Executioner)
Artemis(Qin/Ody/Titan/ShortBow)
Thanatos (Qin/Ody/Titan/ShortBow)
Sylvanus (Lotus/Sov/Heart/Emtalis)

Relics: Meditation Sanc for all 5. Shell for 3 people. Fury for 2 people.

If you need skadi or sprint to find snowman ur a skrub.

Someone tell me the proper strat for 5v5 because Chiron is a huge dick in hard mode when he's invincible before dying (Centaurus). I want to win it in bad pub pickup groups with no healing. Having an Anubis on team seems to heavily increase chances of winning 5v5 mode.

Justice Sloth posted:

you NEED a Terra or a tanky Guan Yu, otherwise Ne Zha's mode is very likely to murder you.

No just spread out.

puberty worked me over fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Nov 23, 2016

Knee
Jul 19, 2006

puberty worked me over posted:

If you need skadi or sprint to find snowman ur a skrub.

I've seen some people buy wards. You have no minimap but it'll ping if he's near where you drop it. Don't go dropping them everywhere, just one person, one spot at a time. Can be helpful.

I've also been in a group of 5 hunters that melted Geb before he could teleport out the first time.. in hard mode.

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Hard Mode Round 15

e: Hard Mode Round 21

e: Hard Mode Round 24

puberty worked me over fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Nov 23, 2016

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

Knee posted:

Ok, looking to join the clan. My last one just doesn't really have anyone on anymore or willing to group for a couple games so I can complete that quest.

IGN: DethNyl

Invite sent!

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.

No just spread out.

Ok fair, but

AMC (Qin/Ody/Executioner)

Just no. Rama is in almost all categories a better pick, his ult is more useful, serving as a less-reliable secondary thanatos, should yours gently caress up his execute or die prematurely. His raw damage output is higher with the gold level available and his roll gives him better mobility. Were the levels and amount of gold higher, I'd pick AMC in a heartbeat, but his DoT is far too lacklustre to bother with considering that 90% of the modes are your team vs a single enemy, and the minority are multi-target encounters. Even the multi-target encounters benefit strategically from your team focusing one at a time, it only makes sense to take a single-target hunter over an aoe.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all
Gem sale going on now.

https://www.smitegame.com/black-friday-smite-sales/?lang=en_US

You can get a poo poo ton of gems for 66 bucks.

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Justice Sloth posted:

Just no. Rama is in almost all categories a better pick, his ult is more useful, serving as a less-reliable secondary thanatos, should yours gently caress up his execute or die prematurely. His raw damage output is higher with the gold level available and his roll gives him better mobility. Were the levels and amount of gold higher, I'd pick AMC in a heartbeat, but his DoT is far too lacklustre to bother with considering that 90% of the modes are your team vs a single enemy, and the minority are multi-target encounters. Even the multi-target encounters benefit strategically from your team focusing one at a time, it only makes sense to take a single-target hunter over an aoe.

Yeah rama is better than AMC. Same reason Hou Yi is really good. Being able to peel aggro is super loving important in the difficult hard mode stages.

I still haven't figured out if Masamune/Ody/Qin is better than Ody/Titan/Qin/Shortbow

Also people who run around in circles while odin is chasing them are the worst.

Zain posted:

You can get a poo poo ton of gems for 66 bucks.

If only there were anything worth buying.

puberty worked me over fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Nov 23, 2016

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.

I still haven't figured out if Masamune/Ody/Qin is better than Ody/Titan/Qin/Shortbow

What I've gleaned from other better goons is that, for hunters, Crusher is a must have, as most of the encounters are highly susceptible to percentage based damage. I'd say Qin and Crusher are the must-haves, leaving the 3rd as a wildcard based on your god compatibility. For izanami, I take ninja tabi to make up for her lack of movement, for medusa I usually go ichai to up her atk speed. Somebody on your team having Emperor is really useful as it reduces the attack speed of the phoenices.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

If only there were anything worth buying.

That new Hail to the King Tyr skin is pretty great. Every game could use more Evil Dead stuff in it, to be honest.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

Jimbot posted:

That new Hail to the King Tyr skin is pretty great. Every game could use more Evil Dead stuff in it, to be honest.

I can definitely agree with this.

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Justice Sloth posted:

What I've gleaned from other better goons is that, for hunters, Crusher is a must have, as most of the encounters are highly susceptible to percentage based damage. I'd say Qin and Crusher are the must-haves, leaving the 3rd as a wildcard based on your god compatibility. For izanami, I take ninja tabi to make up for her lack of movement, for medusa I usually go ichai to up her atk speed. Somebody on your team having Emperor is really useful as it reduces the attack speed of the phoenices.

Who is losing to Phoenix round on hard mode? Is your team not spreading all 4 damage dealers on all 4 phoenixes at once? Crusher only works on Phoenix x4 and Phoenix x1 rounds and those are not the rounds good teams are losing on.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

Who is losing to Phoenix round on hard mode? Is your team not spreading all 4 damage dealers on all 4 phoenixes at once? Crusher only works on Phoenix x4 and Phoenix x1 rounds and those are not the rounds good teams are losing on.

Some of them are dumb though and attack the phoenix's to death instead of making sure all of them are down to slivers of life. It's annoying.

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Zain posted:

Some of them are dumb though and attack the phoenix's to death instead of making sure all of them are down to slivers of life. It's annoying.

Yeah pubs are dumb.

On 1x Phoenix 2x Sylv you can remove all of the phoenix damage from the round by the guy having aggro just running to the back of the arena.

I'm half wondering if that's a bad idea since the sylvanii seem to do the majority of dmg.

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.

Yeah pubs are dumb.

On 1x Phoenix 2x Sylv you can remove all of the phoenix damage from the round by the guy having aggro just running to the back of the arena.

I'm half wondering if that's a bad idea since the sylvanii seem to do the majority of dmg.

This isn't a strategy for super duper optimal no-mistakes tryhard teams, I'm working up the best formula for getting you through in general. That means considering item picks for all game modes, just in case somebody fucks up. Even a good team can wipe on Partridge in a Pair Tree if the hunters get hit by both sylv ults.

coca bojangles
Nov 2, 2011

Superhuman hindsight
Hunters:
Izanami - Ninja Tabi > Qins Sais > Odysseus' Bow > Hydra's Star + 200g for potions
Rama - ditto
3rd hunter with self banish - ditto (Hou Yi / Apollo / Someone that resets Aggro)

Relics: Beads/Aeigis/Med

Terra/Thana:
Terra - Sovereignty > Lotus Crown > Rod of Asparagus > Uncommon Sash
Thana - Sovereignty > Heartward > Hide of the Urchin > Mark of the Vangaurd +100g for potions (recommend starting on easy so you can get hide stacks)

Relics: Beads/Med

The Tank:
Odin - Breastplate of Valor > Hide of Nemean > Ritual Dagger > Adventurer's Blade

Relics: Girdle/ Shell

The Strats
You want your Terra or Odin to tank the damage, so your hunters banish themselves to set aggro to the tanks.

Terra ults & heals when needed, Odin cages to protect the hunters and negate healing and shields to stay alive. Ritual dagger lets shell and girdle last longer.

Hunters just attack away with Qins and Ody Bow AoE, self-banish when necessary.

Disclaimer: Work in progress because no pubbies want to listen to me.

Edit:Thanatos is totally not even necessary, go with 4 hunters or a Terra if you can.

Double Edit:The team that is in 1st place went 5 hunters.

coca bojangles fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Nov 26, 2016

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

A Muramasa seems to be a good thing too but I don't know if it's the best thing to have.

coca bojangles
Nov 2, 2011

Superhuman hindsight

Zain posted:

A Muramasa seems to be a good thing too but I don't know if it's the best thing to have.

Its decent, but what you're really after is the % based health from qins. Most of the rounds the enemy god has around 10k health, and stacking as much attack speed as possible really helps against that.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

coca bojangles posted:

Its decent, but what you're really after is the % based health from qins. Most of the rounds the enemy god has around 10k health, and stacking as much attack speed as possible really helps against that.

Yeah I used both, but maybe not really as effective as it could be.

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

Cyber Monday sale:
https://twitter.com/smitegame/status/803256352621662208

Chests only :negative:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
Nike when

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Lastgirl posted:

Nike when

After Hera and Demeter !

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

Probably in a couple of weeks.

I'm surprised they teased the Celtic pantheon already - maybe we might get one at the end of the year? HiRez Christmas gift :haw:

Or most likely they'll do a release video at SWC of Morrigan or something.

edit-
This is what dataminers have found on Nike so far (ALL INFO/STATS SUBJECT TO CHANGE):

quote:

Passive – To Victory!
Ability: Buff
Affects: Allies
Bonus Power: +8/10/12%
Bonus Movement Speed: +5/7/9%
Nike motivates her team to win the battle and has set three goals that the team can achieve to gain increased strength. Upon completing a goal, Nike’s team gains a Laurel that increases Power and Movement Speed. This Laurel can increase up to 3 times
Goal 1 – Eliminate 10 Gods as a team.
Goal 2 – Eliminate 200 minions as a team.
Goal 3 – At least two allies are level 20.

Skill #1 – Sever
Ability: Leap
Range: 55
Radius: 20
Nike leaps into the air with great velocity} then crashes down at a location dealing damage to enemies and knocking up enemies.
Damage: 85/135/185/235/285 +60% of your Physical Power
Cost: 55/60/65/70/75
Cooldown: 18s

Skill #2 – Ray of Warmth
Ability: Stim
Passive: Nike gains flat damage reduction.
Active: Nike gains bonus power for 8 seconds.
Flat Damage Reduction: 3/6/9/12/15
Power: 10/20/30/40/50
Duration: 8s
Cost: 30/35/40/45/50
Cooldown: 22/21/20/19/18s

Skill #3 – Steadfast
Ability: Line
Affects: Enemies
Range: 45
Nike slams her weapon down in a vertical motion twice, dealing damage on each attack. If Nike hits the same target twice, the second hit deals 50% increased damage.
Damage: 60/95/130/165/200 +80% of your Physical Power
Cost: 60/65/70/75/80
Cooldown: 10s

Ultimate #4 – Sentinel of Zeus
Damage: Physical
Radius: 20
Nike’s war spirit awakens, transforming her into an armored sentinel for 5 seconds. After a short delay, she sends out a devastating shockwave that damages and slows enemies around her. While in this form, she is damage immune.
Damage: 140/215/290/365/440 +90% of your Physical Power
Slow: 20/25/30/35/40%
Slow Duration: 3s
Immunity Duration: 5s
Cost: 100/105/110/115/120
Cooldown: 100/95/90/85/80s

cyclonic fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Nov 29, 2016

coca bojangles
Nov 2, 2011

Superhuman hindsight
I hope dataminers are wrong, that kit looks incredibly boring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kobuddy
May 11, 2013

coca bojangles posted:

I hope dataminers are wrong, that kit looks incredibly boring.

I've found a lot of the recent gods' kits to be kinda boring, tbh. Thoth, Camazotz, and now Nike are really just kinda "eh". Izanami and Fafnir were neat.

• Locked thread