Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

logikv9 posted:

we're gonna get company stores again

gotta bring those coal mining jobs back somehow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

So far every name I have seen thrown around for Secretary of Ed makes me whither and die a little more inside.

secretary of ed: balls

mannerup posted:

the ultimate jew comes out for bannon but the renegade jew hates bannon

gonna need the uberjew to weigh in as a tiebreaker

researcher: trump votes are mainly concentrated in the area that is scientifically referred to as the white rear end in a top hat zone, so these results are legit

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Fun fact, Iowa is both a right to work and a collective bargaining state

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

The Nastier Nate posted:

As a white middle class suburban parent who'se kid will be eventually going through the public education system, this is the sentiment around my neighborhood and I'm not much different. Except that my concern isn't little junior getting in to a college but the job market he'll be competing in afterwards. College's spring up like weeds and expand like them too. Everyone says it's hard to get into a good college, but aside from the highest of high end schools, (ivy league) many schools, even really good ones, will take as many kids as they have beds in their dorms as long as that sweet federal student loan money is flowing.

My school taxes are twice as much as the city of Philadelphia, and some townships near me are twice as much as mine. My township voted for Hillary Clinton close to 70% so you'd think it would be pretty liberal...but god help the politician that tries to shift around school tax dollars so some kids in west Philadelphia can get a fair shake.

if there was actual education funding this issue may not be as dire

better slash education more

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

pathetic little tramp posted:

Fun fact, Iowa is both a right to work and a collective bargaining state

How does that work?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Probably you are represented by the union but don't have to pay dues t you do t want to

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

i mean as far as we know trump won fair and square. so the whole thing just seems like being a very sore loser

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Nichael posted:

How does that work?

The Jewels of Xanthar, which grant balance to the realms, are located in Des Moines.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

babypolis posted:

i mean as far as we know trump won fair and square. so the whole thing just seems like being a very sore loser
They knew Obama was born in Hawaii.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

babypolis posted:

ok so again whats your plan. the election is over dude. he loving won. what do you propose be done

support the people that are about to be victimized, volunteer for/donate to charities that are going to be stretched to the limit from trump's bullshit, protest, hell annoy your local Leader Person on the phone

do something other than nothing whatsoever as the trumpstapo round up your neighbors for having a foreign sounding last name.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

My last name is Germanic

Going to give thanks for that tomorrow

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Yinlock posted:

support the people that are about to be victimized, volunteer for/donate to charities that are going to be stretched to the limit from trump's bullshit, protest, hell annoy your local Leader Person on the phone

do something other than nothing whatsoever as the trumpstapo round up your neighbors for having a foreign sounding last name.

lol at how hyperbolic you are

the trumpstapo? seriously how much milk do you drink? you're not even american

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

euphronius posted:

My last name is Germanic

Going to give thanks for that tomorrow
Mine's obviously Jewish. I could go with my mom's maiden name, but I'm not sure how Italians will fare in the Trumpenreich either. Probably should just go with my middle name which seems plausibly English.

Pon de Bundy posted:

The guy is talking about putting Muslim immigrants on a registration system while surrounding himself with literal Nazis. How much more Nazi do you need before you get alarmed?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Pon de Bundy posted:

i can't hear you under all that sand dude

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Yinlock posted:

i can't hear you under all that sand dude
You said it better than me, as always.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Pon de Bundy posted:

just lmao if you haven't already started arming yourself for just this scenario

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

all of these goons just sittin in a tree
A R G U I N G

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

pro tip: if your only defense that someone isn't a nazi is that they technically do not fit the literal definition, you've probably taken a wrong turn somewhere

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Serf posted:

just lmao if you haven't already started arming yourself for just this scenario
The government has literal flying robots that can kill you from the sky with pinpoint precision.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Nichael posted:

The government has literal flying robots that can kill you from the sky with pinpoint precision.

why do we always use the bombing ones instead of the pinpoint precision ones?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

100 degrees Calcium posted:

*puts finger to earpiece* we've got someone asking a lot of questions

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 28 days!)

Yinlock posted:

pro tip: if your only defense that someone isn't a nazi is that they technically do not fit the literal definition, you've probably taken a wrong turn somewhere

Maybe don't disempower the seriousness of a term like "nazi" by calling any old rear end in a top hat one.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
wahhhhhhhhh im scared the nazis are taking over!! *is white and very well off*

okay trump thread okay

Serf
May 5, 2011

Nichael posted:

I'm not worried about the government so much as I am the white nationalists who will feel empowered under Trump's rule

if the government gets involved then we truly will be hosed

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Admittedly, most of my knowledge of military technology comes from Command & Conquer. I just know arming yourself won't do much when the government comes in with Mammoth Tanks and Titans.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Yinlock posted:

im donating to jill stein right now

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Nichael posted:

Admittedly, most of my knowledge of military technology comes from Command & Conquer. I just know arming yourself won't do much when the government comes in with Mammoth Tanks and Titans.

I was just joking around, it's all good.

Serf
May 5, 2011

my version of optimism is "maybe mad dog mattis might have a few things to say about the use of military power on American civilians"

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Maybe don't disempower the seriousness of a term like "nazi" by calling any old rear end in a top hat one.

i'm not calling any old rear end in a top hat one, i'm calling president elect donald j trump one

though i guess he's an old rear end in a top hat so i have fallen on my sword

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

You're right about that. The left, myself included, shouldn't have spent Nazi political capital on Bush.

Pon de Bundy posted:

okay trump thread okay
My very white ancestors died in ovens to people with extremely similar views as Trump, the incestuous eugenicist.

Serf posted:

I'm not worried about the government so much as I am the white nationalists who will feel empowered under Trump's rule

if the government gets involved then we truly will be hosed
Fair point.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Serf posted:

my version of optimism is "maybe mad dog mattis might have a few things to say about the use of military power on American civilians"

I uh... i have the best general and I expected him to say kill him all but he didn't. He really surprised me because he didn't say to murder all american dissenters. You know, they don't call him Mad Dog for nothing. But he says it's actually better not to kill my fellow Americans. Very interesting. It didn't change my mind at all, if the people want me to murder Americans I will, but I thought it was interesting that we had this general that didn't want to bathe in the blood of our citizens.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Pon de Bundy posted:

okay trump thread okay

i admit that being a sociopath would make this way easier to come to terms with

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Nichael posted:

You're right about that. The left, myself included, shouldn't have spent Nazi political capital on Bush.

My very white ancestors died in ovens to people with extremely similar views as Trump, the incestuous eugenicist.

Fair point.

comparing trump to hitler will get you taken very seriously and you sound like a rational adult, yeah.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Pon de Bundy posted:

comparing trump to hitler will get you taken very seriously and you sound like a rational adult, yeah.
When he stops talking about a Muslim registration system, a Muslim tracking system, or Muslim camps, I'll stop too.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

I uh... i have the best general and I expected him to say kill him all but he didn't. He really surprised me because he didn't say to murder all american dissenters. You know, they don't call him Mad Dog for nothing. But he says it's actually better not to kill my fellow Americans. Very interesting. It didn't change my mind at all, if the people want me to murder Americans I will, but I thought it was interesting that we had this general that didn't want to bathe in the blood of our citizens.

tfw you expect your general to be cobra commander and he's instead gi joe

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Pon de Bundy posted:

i mean if you state why the comparison is not apt we can clear all this up real quick

Well What Now
Nov 10, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Shredded Hen

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Yinlock posted:

i mean if you state why the comparison is not apt we can clear all this up real quick

for the last god drat time

trump

is

turk

men

bashi

(or mussolini)

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Serf posted:

mattis loves to throw around sulla's epitaph, "no better friend, no worse enemy" as a personal motto

sulla is most well known for overthrowing a poorly thought out populist takeover, being appointed dictator for life, and then retiring after restoring constitutional normality and instituting broad political reforms in an attempt to stabilize the cracking roman republic

take what you will from this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Yinlock posted:

His chief strategist isn't an anti-semite! He just doesn't want his kids going to school with those "spoiled" Jews. Totally different. Somehow?

• Locked thread