Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
'94 Boggs and '85 Old Hoss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beet
Aug 24, 2003

Craig K posted:

Like to be perfectly blunt, if you're having so little fun in the Super League that you feel the need to bitch at and about every part of it , maybe don't be in it any more , just saying

No I still enjoy the Super League a great deal. I've just lost the maze to actively participate... I'm just not willing to mount Marauder's road.

E: it's why I want to move fundamental pieces and start over...

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

DannoMack posted:

Fielding percentage, range and TZ. What else should I use? The fact that he won gold gloves IRL in 1994 and 1995 at ages 36 and 37?

Fine, he's above average. His arm and range are below a lot of other SL 3B, but his fielding rating is higher.

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

Shawon Dunston posted:

No I still enjoy the Super League a great deal. I've just lost the maze to actively participate... I'm just not willing to mount Marauder's road.

not you, mornacale who i swear has only come into this thread to complain about everything recently

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

Shawon Dunston posted:

aren't the shiekhs owed a machoing at some point anyway?

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck
Like I understand having ennui about your team and such I just don't get what snapping at smasher does for it considering how thankless a job it is

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

all-Rush mixtape posted:

Phone-posting to say the Brooklyn Giants select the 1956 Say Hey Kid. Marauder alt #5 is up.

It's been 24 hours, so if I recall the rules for this kind of thing correctly Pete Ladd is skipped for the time being and TMMadman's pick is up

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

It's been 24 hours, so if I recall the rules for this kind of thing correctly Pete Ladd is skipped for the time being and TMMadman's pick is up

I'm not entirely sure, but I think the first round skipping rules might be a bit more relaxed because of how important the picks are, so there would be more time given to everybody to make their important picks.

Then again, that might just be something I just made up on the spot. It makes sense to me, though.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
That's entirely possible! There's also the feeling of "there's no need to rush because the season just ended and we're not all whining about how long the draft takes yet" too. I will confess that my anxiousness to make picks might be out of proportion to everyone else's.

shepard.shouldgo
Feb 2, 2016

TheMcD posted:

I'm not entirely sure, but I think the first round skipping rules might be a bit more relaxed because of how important the picks are, so there would be more time given to everybody to make their important picks.

Then again, that might just be something I just made up on the spot. It makes sense to me, though.

technically speaking they are less relaxed as in the past missing your clock in DD round 1 meant we declared the team abandoned. Also in the last draft we skipped people during the first round.

In other words TMmadman should draft.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
Um. I actually thought Plimoth was a fun jokey gimmick team to flesh out the EC. I hadn't looked at the draft sheet because I thought it'd be a month before I had to.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'll draft when I get home later today. I'm trying to decide if I need a catcher or a pitcher first.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

shepard.shouldgo posted:

technically speaking they are less relaxed as in the past missing your clock in DD round 1 meant we declared the team abandoned. Also in the last draft we skipped people during the first round.

In other words TMmadman should draft.

What are you in such a hurry for?

The Merry Marauder posted:

Um. I actually thought Plimoth was a fun jokey gimmick team to flesh out the EC. I hadn't looked at the draft sheet because I thought it'd be a month before I had to.

Well, it can just as well be a fun jokey gimmick team in the Sub-Par. Or we could have... the Flames survive, I guess? That's an option.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks

TMMadman posted:

I'll draft when I get home later today. I'm trying to decide if I need a catcher or a pitcher first.

Hartnett/Torre/Piazza are all good but not worth a pick this early, IMO.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Ohio Team Blows 3-1 Gauntlet Round, Enjoys Freedom From Bad League, But Is Pulled Back In

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Hey McFreeze, would it be possible for the Forgettables to switch to the non-DH league for the Sub-Par? If I need to stay in the DH league for numbers reasons it's not a big deal either way but it would probably be ideal to switch.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead

TMMadman posted:

Given the players in the draft the answer to that question should be Pitcher.

Jampact
Jun 3, 2008
A partial list - I have JP Howell, Jeremy Affeldt, Javier Lopez, Santiago Casilla, Yusmerio Petit, Jim Johnson, Tyler Clippard, Phil Coke, 2x Andrew Miller, Wade Davis, Zach Britton, Alex Colome, Kelvin Herrera, Will Harris all available. Would like draft picks or COF.

mrnoun
Jul 24, 2007

Straight White Shark posted:

Hey McFreeze, would it be possible for the Forgettables to switch to the non-DH league for the Sub-Par? If I need to stay in the DH league for numbers reasons it's not a big deal either way but it would probably be ideal to switch.

I've been looking to switch to the DH league and would be happy to trade spots with you.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Uh, huh. I only made the Fillers because the PreMos made it an odd number of teams.

And one (of many) reasons I declined the machos was because the PreMos and Fillers took a few good feeders.

Oopsie.

As an aside, the premos are a fascinating team and I do wish you could carry them on a little bit. Turn their errors at their home stadium down to 25 as an experiment next season.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa

Jampact posted:

A partial list - I have JP Howell, Jeremy Affeldt, Javier Lopez, Santiago Casilla, Yusmerio Petit, Jim Johnson, Tyler Clippard, Phil Coke, 2x Andrew Miller, Wade Davis, Zach Britton, Alex Colome, Kelvin Herrera, Will Harris all available. Would like draft picks or COF.

Hello I will offer you 1997 Larry Walker for Tyler Clippard, Aaron Sanchez and Kelvin Herrera.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Screw the MACHINE!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuu2iNisoQc

:siren: TRADE OFFER :siren:

The Macho Men Send

The Masked Shortstop

Crows send

The key to the OTHER lock box!!!

Jampact
Jun 3, 2008

DannoMack posted:

Hello I will offer you 1997 Larry Walker for Tyler Clippard, Aaron Sanchez and Kelvin Herrera.

That sounds like a deal!

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Jampact posted:

That sounds like a deal!

Hi Jampact it's me hulkamatt, you may know me from the time you and your husband made and sent me chocolate chip cookies that were good and delicious. What would I have to trade you for another batch of those?? Also a reliever.

Jampact
Jun 3, 2008

HulkaMatt posted:

Hi Jampact it's me hulkamatt, you may know me from the time you and your husband made and sent me chocolate chip cookies that were good and delicious. What would I have to trade you for another batch of those?? Also a reliever.

That was all kensei, I don't bake. I might take one of those Ichiros off your hands, is there a guy I posted above that interests you?

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."

HulkaMatt posted:

Screw the MACHINE!!!

The Macho Men Send

The Masked Shortstop

Crows send

The key to the OTHER lock box!!!

Counter proposal

Macho Men send

Another season of life

Crows send

Gratitude for being allowed to live

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

Pander posted:

As an aside, the premos are a fascinating team and I do wish you could carry them on a little bit. Turn their errors at their home stadium down to 25 as an experiment next season.

Well, perhaps for science and increasing premodern name recognition.

Plimmoth welcomes Denton True Young to the congregation of the godly and judicious, that he might bringe the lighte of the gospell to those team-mates benited bye the grosse darknes of popery.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa

Jampact posted:

That sounds like a deal!

Great, thanks!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Well, perhaps for science and increasing premodern name recognition.

Plimmoth welcomes Denton True Young to the congregation of the godly and judicious, that he might bringe the lighte of the gospell to those team-mates benited bye the grosse darknes of popery.

I was seriously tempted to snatch up the 95 Young right after you showed up.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Jampact posted:

That was all kensei, I don't bake. I might take one of those Ichiros off your hands, is there a guy I posted above that interests you?

Several bad years of Miller & Britton before they were good make me question how good they would be in a Super League setting - but what would you do for them???

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Counter proposal

Macho Men send

Another season of life

Crows send

Gratitude for being allowed to live

!!!! ACCEPTED???????

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead

TMMadman posted:

I was seriously tempted to snatch up the 95 Young right after you showed up.

I will trade you 1909 Cy Young for the pick!!!

hes 42...

Ya don't trade for him just take Pete Alexander...

Jampact
Jun 3, 2008

HulkaMatt posted:

Several bad years of Miller & Britton before they were good make me question how good they would be in a Super League setting - but what would you do for them???

What years Ichiro did you have, a 2011 and another? I would trade one of those guys for an Ichiro.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Pash posted:

I will trade you 1909 Cy Young for the pick!!!

hes 42...

Ya don't trade for him just take Pete Alexander...

That's actually what I'm probably going to do. I was actually considering taking Alexander over Young anyway.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
The Cuyahoga Flames: We die, we live, we die again

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Crows Send: 2010 Ichiro
Corgis Send: 2016 Miller?

shepard.shouldgo
Feb 2, 2016

HulkaMatt posted:

Minor note : it's a 2011 ichiro , sorry of I posted wrong on the trade

Jampact
Jun 3, 2008

HulkaMatt posted:

What year is your other one?

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Jampact posted:

What year is your other one?

2001, though that one I'd like to keep or trade for someone more guaranteed to be solid.

Jampact
Jun 3, 2008

HulkaMatt posted:

2001, though that one I'd like to keep or trade for someone more guaranteed to be solid.

That's the guy I would prefer. Would you accept a Miller and some cookies?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates
Hey are we seriously allowing Marauder to just constantly own multiple teams again? Because if so the Janus are out.