Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

didn't he accidentally name a source on twitter recently and delete the tweet when he realized what he'd done

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/801279523597582338

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I got it immediately and didn't spend an embarrassingly long time getting the joke! :colbert:

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

GOT EM~!

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi
A little late, but Episode 15 of Sidewalk Slam is up, covering No Mercy.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!

Jerusalem posted:

I got it immediately and didn't spend an embarrassingly long time getting the joke! :colbert:

I was thinking "Austin Powers 2? Batman & Robin?"

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Oh god the exchange Bryan and Dave had the other day where Bryan joked about him not being able to be a reporter because he looked too much like a bodybuilder was wonderful.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/2016/11/22/vow-flagship-goldberg-ajpw-sumo-hall-takeover-more/
Here is this week's VOW Flagship show

E: :lol: Joe's defensive rant on people making GBS threads on New Jersey

achillesforever6 fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Nov 23, 2016

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
"I'm going to give your wife the full monty"

And now I want a Bryan CYE drop over cookies.

Either that or "Hey Vinny, Bryan's got your cookies"

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Nov 23, 2016

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Craig was always bad.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Craig: How come you didn't ask about me meeting the guy from Alice in Chains?
Bryan: Because I don't give a poo poo.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I'm reminded of when Bryan said Tommy Dreamer came out to Guy in a Cube in TNA.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Bryan thinks it takes a genius and incredible worker to remember to be courteous with VADER!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

There's gonna be another Talkin' Shop special on Jericho's podcast this week.... with special guest Braun Strowman :stare:

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Jerusalem posted:

There's gonna be another Talkin' Shop special on Jericho's podcast this week.... with special guest Braun Strowman :stare:

He's the best drat big man in the business... OHHHJH HEELLLLLLLLLL YEEEEAHHHH

WHAT

*CRACKS BEER INTO MIC*

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Filthy Tom failed his B Sample and the substance he thought might be responsible came back negative, so unless he's able to find something else to explain away his failures he's looking at a 2 year ban :smith:

Edit: On the plus side, the Samoa Joe/Scott Steiner mash-up on the Ode to the Overweight Classic contest :vince:

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Nov 24, 2016

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Dave on Konnan's podcast
Starts at 1h52. Not much of an appearance other than Konnan saying he's a big fan of Dave on twitter.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Bryan not a fan/does no understand strict and absolute liability.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
lol at how Bryan "the USADA test is an IQ test" Alvarez has changed his tune now

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

dave meltzer trying to recall what age he was when he would've last played ring around the rosie

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Cardboard Box posted:

dave meltzer trying to recall what age he was when he would've last played ring around the rosie

It's been a good couple of days.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I refuse to believe that Bryan's wrestling bubble excludes something like ring around the rosie.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I hope someone makes a good drop of Bryan talking about Whale dicks.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I probably shouldn't be surprised at this point, but Dave cranking out 2,000 words about obscure Hawaiian wrestling is drat impressive.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
If Dave were one of those obnoxious sports talking heads, "Revival vs. DIY was as good as the ten-man Survivor Series match" would be a great hot take.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Austin's interview with Kurt Angle is really great. It's really something else when Kurt sums up all the poo poo he's gone through - his real dad being an alcoholic and dying when Kurt was 16, his father-figure/coach Dave Schultz being murdered by a crazed John Du Pont, his sister dying of a heroin overdose, his brother killing his wife, and that's not counting Eddie and Benoit. His drug stories are legit shocking in terms of the ridiculous quantities of painkillers he was taking. I honestly think that someone less than an Olympic-level athlete would be dead a hundred times over due to liver failure or heart problems given what he was putting down, even Austin is shocked by it.

Pretty downer interview but definitely worth a listen.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Benne posted:

I probably shouldn't be surprised at this point, but Dave cranking out 2,000 words about obscure Hawaiian wrestling is drat impressive.

He's been hankering to do that one since Boc died.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/802015856800579584 https://twitter.com/thewadekeller/status/802068157963898880

rovert fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Nov 25, 2016

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
"He was the big fat pussy type of guy"

Dave Meltzer

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

Buying stocks on the day of the crash

Malcolm Excellent posted:

"He was the big fat pussy type of guy"

Dave Meltzer

he kept saying it, too.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

81sidewinder posted:

he kept saying it, too.

I've never seen the guy he was talking about. Did he look Big Pussy from the Sopranos or something?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I've never seen the guy he was talking about. Did he look Big Pussy from the Sopranos or something?

I'm assuming he's talking about a style of wrestler back in the day. Like sort of an exaggerated Dusty Rhodes?

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
"I love rear end." -Good Brother Braun Strowman on the latest Talkin' Shop with Jericho.

It's also really nice when Jericho suddenly sounds sober, you know it's time to FF through a commercial

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

beggar posted:

"I love rear end." -Good Brother Braun Strowman on the latest Talkin' Shop with Jericho.

HeheheEeeeeelllllll yeah man!

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Check out Dave's twitter if you want to see him gettin real mad about people bitching about star ratings

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

HeheheEeeeeelllllll yeah man!

There's a moment in that show where you just hear Braun suddenly, through laughter, go,"Jesizzzzz Christ.... what the hell is going on? :xd:" and it's great.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

triplexpac posted:

Check out Dave's twitter if you want to see him gettin real mad about people bitching about star ratings

That and "check the current issue" are like 90% of his content in general

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
People unhappy with the DIY/Revival rating, I assume?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Gaz-L posted:

People unhappy with the DIY/Revival rating, I assume?

Yup. I was pretty surprised by the 4.5. But Meltzer says that anything 4+ is an excellent fight and 4.5-5.0 is splitting hairs. People get worked up about it but the true rating is what you feel in your heart.

And Mr Gargano, you got 5 stars from me baby :swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Eltoasto posted:

Yup. I was pretty surprised by the 4.5. But Meltzer says that anything 4+ is an excellent fight and 4.5-5.0 is splitting hairs. People get worked up about it but the true rating is what you feel in your heart.

And Mr Gargano, you got 5 stars from me baby :swoon:

DIY got 5 stars, Mechanics got 4.

• Locked thread