Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

ehhh, the observer is owned by trump's son in law so i wouldn't be surprised if this is fake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Vox Nihili posted:

shes not a terrible person, and hating her personally is weird

She handed the entire country over to the Republicans. What you just wrote was true before the 8th.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Vox Nihili posted:

shes not a terrible person, and hating her personally is weird

She completely gutted the dnc on the national level, and packed them with single minded people like dws who said "gently caress
Everything Else. It's Her Turn". This in turn lead to a complete GOP takeover (even if she would have won president).

Hillary is personally to blame for that. So yes she is a terrible person.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

iospace posted:

It's a bit hard when the House absolutely refuses to even hear any of your bills, and even then in the 2 years he did have time to do something we had Joe loving Lieberman

He never called them out on this or at lest if he did not enough

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Nonsense posted:

She handed the entire country over to the Republicans. What you just wrote was true before the 8th.

she did that by way of incompetence, that's not the same as being a terrible person, which implies that she acted with malice

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

and from a tactical point of view, an endless hillary witch-hunt is only going to alienate her fans. yes, they exist, and yes, we need them on board

theres plenty of blame to go around without making it personal

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.
She voted for the Iraq war. She's a disgusting monster.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
I don't want a witch hunt I want a dem party that wins elections

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

bump_fn posted:

He never called them out on this or at lest if he did not enough

He also didn't do things he as president, had the power to do. Ending the federal war on drugs is 100% in his power, but it won't happen. Addressing the nation about congressional votes he disagrees with us within his power. He had strong opinions on the bill to allow Saudi Arabia to be sued for 9/11, too bad he didn't seem to care about any of the previous votes.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

bump_fn posted:

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Powercrazy posted:

She completely gutted the dnc on the national level, and packed them with single minded people like dws who said "gently caress
Everything Else. It's Her Turn". This in turn lead to a complete GOP takeover (even if she would have won president).

Hillary is personally to blame for that. So yes she is a terrible person.

let me guess let me guess

You think Bernie would have won the primary of the DNC was completely neutral

Man, I can't get over those three debate question answers that she got leaked. Such groundbreaking material that changed the minds of 3 million people.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

The problem now isn't HRC, it's the #HillaryMen (and women) still in positions of authority in the party who would rather burn it down around them than cede their power to leftists.

poo poo-talking HRC is only useful insofar as it destroys the credibility of these people and aids in marginalizing and sidelining them, which needs to happen.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

bump_fn posted:

Yeah for me a political party is just an organization that delivers me people who I can feel ok about voting for and who will win the election. It couldn't do the latter and only barely did the former.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Vox Nihili posted:

she did that by way of incompetence, that's not the same as being a terrible person, which implies that she acted with malice

She is not a loving doddering old abuela. She knew exactly what she was doing. She didn't care. It was all worth it for the feather in her cap.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Hey did you guys know that she killed Vince Foster and Seth Rich?

Man what a horrid person.

Also she stood in between the presidency and some dude that renamed like 3 post offices or something.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Vox Nihili posted:

thats definitely part of it, though i think "change" is putting it very broadly. youve gotta feed each faction in your coalition some meat, and the "working class" faction starved. it wasnt just whites, her advantage in some extremely poor, extremely latino (95%) areas was also slimmer than obama's

the low-income trump supporters voted against their own interests, of course, but the fact that theyre rubes doesnt fundamentally change anything. obama was able to speak to them, and obama had an ~55% approval rating on November 8.

"money for retraining" is what was offered (vaguely), and it is a repellent message. "give up your lives and livelihoods, middle-aged voters, and we'll pay for you to learn to program" is not only as infeasible as building the wall, it's a slap in the face. people dont want to leave their towns or their family or their jobs, these are the things that give them dignity and make them feel whole!!!

Yeah, it's more than just 'change'. HRC was a bad candidate who had trouble energizing her base, and her campaign was run by a dummy.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

zegermans posted:

Man, I can't get over those three debate question answers that she got leaked. Such groundbreaking material that changed the minds of 3 million people.

:salt:

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

bump_fn posted:

part of that may require witch hunts, cause there's still a lot of hill folk who need to be disabused of the notion that the clintons are good democrats or can win elections

i don't ever want to see chelsea clinton as a candidate. the family needs to be wiped from our party

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

zegermans posted:

if the DNC wasn't staffed by people who reported directly to clinton then a bunch of other people would have run and possibly some reasonably charismatic and effective person might have won

bernie wasnt even that strong of a candidate, being "better than clinton" is damning with faint praise to a brutal degree

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

On a scale of 1 to 10, how happy are you that Trump's new segregationist AG will be stripping rights from those uppity women that interrupted St. Bernard to point out that racism does real?

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Vox Nihili posted:

if the DNC wasn't staffed by people who reported directly to clinton then a bunch of other people would have run and possibly some reasonably charismatic and effective person might have won

bernie wasnt even that strong of a candidate, being "better than clinton" is damning with faint praise to a brutal degree

Weird because this massive conspiracy didn't stop Obama? Maybe there wasn't some mystery candidate that satisfied every line of the leftist Ahnenpass.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Montasque posted:

It seems everyone ran a bad campaign except Trump...

I think the big issue was this was a change election and Hillary Clinton was the furthest away from a change candidate possible.

She still could have squeezed by with a win on this election if she had remembered what Donald Trump knows: that politics are a social game where you have to sell people on an ideal. Instead Clinton embraced the technocratic fishmechian school, where you compromise your position before negotiations even start, in favor of expertly calibrated policy structures, means-tested and micro-targeted to achieve the best outcome at maximum efficiency possible. And you're an idiot for expecting anything better. Then they fed the expertly crafted model bad data, oops. They galvanized a massive part of the electorate by calling them deplorable, woopsie-daisy. They suppressed their own turnout by constantly punching left and making overtures to the worst bloodthirsty elements of the Republican party.

People don't care about what's "realistic," and they don't care about efficiency. They want to vote for an agenda that's in line with their values, and the Clinton campaign predicated its success on relying on voters to compromise their values out of fear of the other. They also want to trust that the person they're voting for will attempt to carry out that agenda in good faith.

Trump's voters couldn't really trust him because he has no political track record, but the fact that he didn't have a political background was enough of an opening to throw the craps and pray that he follows through. Democratic voters had no reason to expect that Clinton would follow through on "the most progressive agenda in American history." Because she had spent the last 30 years publicly opposing it. Her highly qualified & experienced political career was a liability, because her political career was awful.

There are still Clinton fans who moan about how she tried passing universal healthcare during the 90s, but Clintoncare was basically a mandate which would have forced employers to provide health insurance. Her politics were bad then, and they were bad today. Hillary Clinton was bad.

Pener Kropoopkin has issued a correction as of 00:28 on Nov 24, 2016

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

zegermans posted:

Also she stood in between the presidency and some dude that renamed like 3 post offices or something.

yeah, it's easy to think hillary's a bad person after her campaign against obama in 2008

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
remember that politics is v local

Locally you may or may not need a witch hunt. If you don't , don't alienate people

If you do please do it with compassion because you might be able to flip some of them

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Powercrazy posted:

She is not a loving doddering old abuela. She knew exactly what she was doing. She didn't care. It was all worth it for the feather in her cap.

politician wants more power, news at 11!!!

get this: she thought she was going to win. most people think highly of themselves. she didnt think she was a bad choice, and she wasnt knowingly poisoning the party.

it just turns out shes actually really, really bad at the whole thing

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

zegermans posted:

Weird because this massive conspiracy didn't stop Obama? Maybe there wasn't some mystery candidate that satisfied every line of the leftist Ahnenpass.

clinton consolidated the party directly behind her during the obama years. this isnt a conspiracy, the people running everything worked for her immediately prior to taking their dnc jobs

it just wasnt like that in the 2008 primary. she had a lot of say in the party at that point, but it wasnt nearly as monolithic

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

zegermans posted:

On a scale of 1 to 10, how happy are you that Trump's new segregationist AG will be stripping rights from those uppity women that interrupted St. Bernard to point out that racism does real?

gently caress off no one is happy trump won but he did so you have to make lemonade

Also gently caress off

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

zegermans posted:

someday you will realize how bad you are at posting & politics and repent.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
yall fallin for some ez ez stuff yall, chill it.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
Hillery Clinton passed away on November 9th 2016. Can we move on?

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Another reason to support Keith

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

No, she must be punished. Punished for running and ruining everything. Punished for those poor economically anxious people that can't seem to use google to figure out why coal isn't viable. Why yes I did write in Bernie why do you ask?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

zegermans posted:

No, she must be punished. Punished for running and ruining everything. Punished for those poor economically anxious people that can't seem to use google to figure out why coal isn't viable. Why yes I did write in Bernie why do you ask?

every time a democrat attacks the electorate we get a little further from winning.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
Fighting old fights is dumb and should get a probe in this thread

This thread is about salvaging

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

zegermans posted:

You are projecting pretty hard bro. Your Abeula lost and her hubris is going to roll back a lot of social progress.

Fortunately a few of the big wins will stay. Much to your chagrin I'm sure.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

On the other hand, several scholars have noted that Hillary's relationship to her cult was, like Obama's, not so much psychologically invested as complicated. There is the oft-cited but perhaps apocryphal story of a Hillary conversation with Chelsea, who said, "But I am a Clinton too." Hillary is said to have replied, "No, you're not.... You're not Clinton and I'm not Clinton," and pointing to a portrait of herself, "That is Clinton."

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
Inevitable.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

On the other hand, several scholars have noted that Hillary's relationship to her cult was, like Obama's, not so much psychologically invested as complicated. There is the oft-cited but perhaps apocryphal story of a Hillary conversation with Chelsea, who said, "But I am a Clinton too." Hillary is said to have replied, "No, you're not.... You're not Clinton and I'm not Clinton," and pointing to a portrait of herself, "That is Clinton."

quotations from the little blue book

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Baloogan posted:

Unenviable.

• Locked thread