Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

AoP.... are good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Basic Chunnel posted:

AoP.... are good

I agree actually. They are young and green, but they move well and look easily teachable. I hope they do well.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

They also seem to work a relatively safe style despite how much they move and how green they are (their chain grip could admittedly use a little work). The appeal of hoss teams has tended to be about how stiff they work, all the way back to the Steiners, but I'd rather see more Rusevs than Straumans.

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.
I agree with you in theory cuz no one should ever get injured during pro wrestling but hahahahaha Scott Steiner just screwdrivered that jobber right onto his head.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

The older Author of Pain is 23 and they have Paul Ellering traveling with them. If they keep their heads down, they've got a really high ceiling.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Baron Corbyn posted:

The older Author of Pain is 23 and they have Paul Ellering traveling with them. If they keep their heads down, they've got a really high ceiling.

I think Ellering is only there for TV tapings, except for the the California shows which were also taped for TV.

Massaki
Aug 5, 2014

"TWOOOUH FINGGUHHHS TO U SAMOA JOEY" -Kenta, 2016
Is samoa joe still stuck on a "NXT-forever no pullup to the Raw/Smackdown" contract?

Massaki fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Nov 22, 2016

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

The_Rob posted:

I agree actually. They are young and green, but they move well and look easily teachable. I hope they do well.
I also prefer them pushing young 20 year old talent, than old 38 years old talent that are nearing or are past their prime.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Massaki posted:

Is samoa joe still stuck on a "NXT-forever no pullup to the Raw/Smackdown" contract?

I don't think he was ever on that contract.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Basic Chunnel posted:

They also seem to work a relatively safe style despite how much they move and how green they are (their chain grip could admittedly use a little work). The appeal of hoss teams has tended to be about how stiff they work, all the way back to the Steiners, but I'd rather see more Rusevs than Straumans.

The powerbomb sandwich is a fantastic hoss tag team spot, and I really appreciate how comfortable they look with countering aerial tag offense, e.g. catching a dive from one opponent and then catching his partner as well. They're really good at pulling off memorable, impressive moments safely

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WWE/status/801138370818650113

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
I already like Daria more than Killer Frost & Poison Ivy.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
If she's pushed right I could see Daria being credible enough to beat Asuka eventually, even just as a transitional champion. MMA vs Joshi murderkicks has potential, where nobody else in the division has really been credible enough yet unless it's via cheap wins.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Daria vs. Asuka could be the kickmurder match Joe vs. Nak was supposed to be. I want this.

Also glad to see I'm not alone about Tucker & Otis. Those guys rule.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I don't like Daria because she doesn't look like a Mortal Kombat character.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

They did Asuka vs Daria at our San Jose house show and it was a pretty good match. Their styles work really well together.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Endless Mike posted:

I don't like Daria because she doesn't look like a Mortal Kombat character.

Sure she does, she looks like Cassie Cage, except with less cultural appropriation.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

pressedbunny posted:

I already like Daria more than Killer Frost & Poison Ivy.

I forgot there was a wrestler named Daria and was hoping for an MTV Daria gimmick. Maybe Veda Scott?

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Man I would become the worst possible fan of a deadpan "over it" lady wrestler who beats the gently caress out of people. I'd put on a hundred pounds just so I could be her version of the house-sized guys in Hugger shirts.

TheHock
Jul 3, 2008

I have altered my retirement plans. Pray I do not alter them any further.
It's too bad Portia Perez retired, I can't think of a wrestler who played the "gently caress this wrestling noise" character better.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
Daria could be a good contender for the NXT belt if they build her well. Right now, Ember Moon is just a finishing move (albeit a very impressive and badass finishing move), but Daria has an impressive look and character that looks like she could actually take Asuka in a fight.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4y-OJz4S_Y

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

This is cool.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

C A N Y O N
E
M
A
N

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

will we see him on NXT tonight?

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
I also like AoP. Also TM61.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

i'd like authors of pain a little more if they shook up how they looked, maybe drop the whole "we dress EXACTLY alike and it's tough to tell the difference" come on paul, make it like hawk and animal and give them each something distinguishable. I'd dig it if they had facepaints.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!
They should come out with those face masks more often, maybe wear different forms of camo (one jungle, one urban). It's kinda easy to tell them apart now, since Rezar has large tattoos along his arm and chest, but who knows when Akam will start wanting to wear tattoos as well.

AMReese fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Nov 23, 2016

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Vaguido posted:

Daria could be a good contender for the NXT belt if they build her well. Right now, Ember Moon is just a finishing move (albeit a very impressive and badass finishing move), but Daria has an impressive look and character that looks like she could actually take Asuka in a fight.

I like Daria's look a lot, but isn't it mostly Miesha Tate cosplay?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

lmao at that loving intense guy in the crowd yelling along with Rich Swann's theme.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Reeves looks exactly what I envision a failed Rock clone would look like

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Some good rear end video promos on this episode

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

I'd never seen Mickie James before Takeover but I'm a fan now

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Basic Chunnel posted:

I'd never seen Mickie James before Takeover but I'm a fan now
That was probably the best worked match of her career.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

They used a hardcore track that's not metalcore? That's not like WWE at all

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

RealFoxy posted:

That was probably the best worked match of her career.

That or the Trish match from the Toronto WM, yeah. The former might be better worked, but the latter had more stakes due to the angle (an angle that I wish I could say wouldn't fly today but they basically ran it with Paige and AJ about 18 months ago)

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
god I love Billie's evil disney queen thing so much

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I was just about to make a post about the weird area code thing but then Corey called it out. I'd ask if it was an American thing but TM61 do it too.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

achillesforever6 posted:

this is why I actually like the post-TakeOver episodes a lot, with only two matches they spend a ton of time on promos

apparently there were some pre-SmackDown NXT tapings yesterday, suspect those might end up being next week's episode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

achillesforever6 posted:

Honestly the sound mixing for the 2/3 Falls match vid was awful

• Locked thread