Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Thundercracker posted:

I bet you ended every FF with all your mega elixirs

This implies FF games were ever hard enough to require megalixir usage in the first place. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

2 11-pulls netted me

2x Onion Sword
1x Lust Dagger
1x White Mage Robe
1x Heroic Shield
Offbanner Envokers Doublet (XIV)

100 gems netted me.......nothing x42 now :(

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
2 50x pulls, got Luneth's SSB and the White Mage Robe. Not...thrilled but at the same time I have no ff3 relics so it's still a net gain.

Have another 50 but gonna save it for the black friday pull so i can go in when its out.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Not pictured: 100 gem pulled White Mage Robes.

I'm pretty happy

AstraSage
May 13, 2013

Onion Report (4/11): Onion Sword, Arc's Medica + P.Blink Robe (x2), Off-banner VIII Helm...

I guess I can work with Support 5 OK.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Pulled it on my first draw :neckbeard: Now I get 50 more mythril to budget on something frivolous. OK banner 2 or VIII banner 2?

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.
OK was a complete bust; two 11-pulls, 2 of the OK SSB sword and 2 of Ingus's SB (which I already had a copy of to begin with, making it even worse).

So literally only a -DEF/-RES SSB, and I had one of those in Wakka's Official Ball already (ignoring the -DEF/-RES of Tyro's BSB, even!)

gently caress FF3.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Welp, two Heroic Shields and the Onion Gauntlets on my first pull.

So what do I do with the rest of this 400 mythril?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Two rainbows on my 11 pull. One was a useless Burning Fist VI.

The other was Onion Sword.

This is an okay consolation prize, yes?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

ZiegeDame posted:

Minfilia banner

AstraSage
May 13, 2013

ZiegeDame posted:

Save 200 for Minifilia/Alphinaud and pick 4 banners of your choice from the next 4 events, I guess...

Jehuti
Nov 19, 2010
My 11 pull got me a sweet off banner flamebrand.... No onion knight shenanigans for me!

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

ZiegeDame posted:

give it to me

Twelve by Pies posted:

at level 99 it's always 10 hits, and it's a wallbreak on a support character. Definitely not bad.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Sigh, no OK of course. Guess I'm fine with Shout still since I don't run hybrid teams super often. Hopefully some day this drat game gives me a wall so I can at least RW fun stuff like OK from people who are way luckier than me.

Got Luneth and Arc's SBs, so not a total bust. Arc's seems kinda useless, though. Pretty sure there's zero scenarios where I'd want to run it over Selphie's Dreamstage, and even for synergy stuff, having a healer without an actual healing medica seems pretty meh.

100-gem pull was trash #26, also.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Where should I drop my mythril if I want some III synergy weapons? OK 2?

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Got Renewing Rains with my dollar draw. At least it's something for III. Now must...not...pull....till friday.

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE

No Gauntlets, but I had no FF3 synergy going into this so I'm not gonna complain

edit: also I don't know why one of the images broke

AstraSage
May 13, 2013

ZiegeDame posted:

Where should I drop my mythril if I want some III synergy weapons? OK 2?

If you need more in the magic side and a chance for Refia's nifty BSB, yes.

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

this makes up for a pull on noel2 that was 3x sazh guns

thanks, obama

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Twelve by Pies posted:

The BSB is the grand prize, but all three of OK's SBs are really good.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Twelve by Pies posted:

It scales based on OK's Speed ala Thief's Revenge, going from 8 hits to 11. Assuming no Burst Mode, you'll hit 10 hits at Lv99, which gives it 820 potency - actually more than most single target SSBs, plus a -50% wallbreak effect.

So yes, it's good.

Personal 11-draw was gently caress knifeLust Dagger, Heroic Shield, and an off-banner FFT dagger. Since I have Celes BSB, I'm okay with this pull - it's a Hastega in a realm where I did not have one before, even if it's not THE hastega.

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

there was a mean thing here before, but now there is a dog
"Not drawing until Friday" hell is where I am at too.

I have 100 mythril set aside for this thing, I want to use it, darn it.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
2x11, 2 OK swords 2 Arc SSBs. Arc's medica seems pretty good no?

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
$1 pull was nothing noteworthy.

11-pull got me Elder Staff (repeat), Lust Dagger (nice, finally have a SB for Luneth besides Advance), Lust Dagger (repeat) and... Gungnir!

No OK stuff, but I'm fine with that. There's still the Lucky Draw this Friday.

17 BSBs now. ... Also, Luneth's Burst Commands are Combat-type. Weird; I'd have expected Dragoon, given that it's a lance.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Getting only Onion Sword still doesn't fix my severe lack of III synergy now, this is only my second 5* item, the other being Genji Gloves (which admittedly are pretty good). I have 21 mythril now, and between login bonuses and Thanksgiving, even with the Lucky BSB banner, I can get one more 11 pull on this banner I think.

Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

my "ok lets just do 1 more pull" pull

YESSSSS

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
11-pull got me just Luneth's BSB :toot:. I was hoping to grabs Arc's Medica and the obvious Onion BSB, but getting a physical weapon puts me in the clear for just waiting for the Onion + Desch banner in the CoD event, which I wasn;t sure on pulling on just because it's mostly armor and magic swords.

Also, since Luneth is already at level 99, he's my new best character. I guess I'll grab Sky High for him now.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

All of a sudden I'm getting "Google account error: Your google account or this app is not authorized by google play service". And also "We're not able to connect". I don't understand why this is happening.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
1x 11: Luneth BSB, Luneth SSB, Arc SSB2, Arc SSB1, Arc SSB1.

Yup, I am good with that. No Onion but I already had Celes BSB. Filled my synergy, got a far better medica, and a really nice physical bsb for when I decide to use a phys team.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
3x11. 2x Elder Staff (Arc's Shell/Regen/Magic Blink) 1x Lust Dagger (Luneth SSB + Defense-Up), 1x White Mage Robe (Arc's Medica/Physical Blink), 1x Heroic Shield (Ingus SB Protect+Haste)

Oh, and off-banner stuff: V helmet (not entirely bad) and a IX dagger.

My III synergy has gone from bare to pretty good, so I'm not complaining in the slightest there, but I struck out hard on OK. At least I know now not to waste my eggs and motes on him just yet. If Friday's banner is also a bust, then OK is just gonna have to languish.

Kinda nice that Desch can equip staves though, so it's pretty cool that I pulled two of them and can use one as a stat stick. I'm going to keep my Elder Staffs separate.

Lyndon LaRouche fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Nov 24, 2016

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

Kawalimus posted:

All of a sudden I'm getting "Google account error: Your google account or this app is not authorized by google play service". And also "We're not able to connect". I don't understand why this is happening.

I got that on my tablet about a month or so back. Uninstalling and reinstalling the app did nothing, and I couldn't figure it the hell out. Formatting my tablet did the job though. :(

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

the Orb of Zot posted:

OK was a complete bust; two 11-pulls, 2 of the OK SSB sword and 2 of Ingus's SB (which I already had a copy of to begin with, making it even worse).

So literally only a -DEF/-RES SSB, and I had one of those in Wakka's Official Ball already (ignoring the -DEF/-RES of Tyro's BSB, even!)

gently caress FF3.

Wait are you seriously comparing Wakka's terrible first-month-of-release Official Ball SB, with its ten second duration wallbreak and 3.6 single hit damage (that's right, less than most 5* skills when you account for capping) to Onion Sword?

I mean, it's not the grand prize here, but given that OK can get to 10+ hits at level 99 with ease, it's pretty much going to be among the highest damage SSB's in the game against a neutral target, on a PC/FC character with top tier stats, with a wallbreak wig a duration long enough to actually benefit from it (25 seconds to Wakka's 10).

It's a good item. The Official ball is not. Don't insult it.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

acumen posted:

2x11, 2 OK swords 2 Arc SSBs. Arc's medica seems pretty good no?

It's an instant-cast Curaga tier (so like Minwu's Will of the White Mage) which automatically makes it one of the better medicas out there. The fact it gives party-wide physical blink is just gravy.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Finally catching a break on global. One 11 pull netted me Arc's instant cast curaga and doubles of Onion Knight's BSB. Welcome to my team for the third and final time, Onion!

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

paperwind posted:

I got that on my tablet about a month or so back. Uninstalling and reinstalling the app did nothing, and I couldn't figure it the hell out. Formatting my tablet did the job though. :(

Well let's hope it doesn't come to that! Luckily I can run the game on an emulator on my computer for the time being.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?
100 mythril got me:
Gugnir
Elder staff x 2
Lust dagger
White mage robe
An off banner ff8 bracers
Annnnnd Onion Knight's bracers.

Pretty loving happy.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Luneth's BSB and Arc's SSB1. Not too shabby for a single 11x. Would have liked the Gauntlets or White Mage's Robe, but I can't complain too much. And all four of the orphans now have a relic.

Luneth is ready to rip things apart with the Gungnir and Cid's Goggles.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

No guantlets, but I got the onion sword and both of Arc's SSBs, so my FFIII synergy is finally halfway decent. That makes, what, 15 medicas I have now?

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Shock Trooper posted:

edit: also I don't know why one of the images broke

The Emperor's New Robe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

private message
Aug 22, 2004
[img]https://forumimages.somethingawful.com/images/newbie.gif[/img]
Got excited when I saw 4 rainbow orbs but it was 3x Onion Sword and 1x White Mage Robe - no gauntlet :(

Is it better to combine the swords or have to multiple copies?

• Locked thread