Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
Actually, I'm probably gonna get OK levelled and mote'd up so he can serve as my true 5* supporter for III content. Having SBs for Luneth/Ingus/Refia/Arc but not Desch means that Desch is the odd man out here. Sorry dude, but you don't have a place in a pure physical team!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

private message posted:

Got excited when I saw 4 rainbow orbs but it was 3x Onion Sword and 1x White Mage Robe - no gauntlet :(

Is it better to combine the swords or have to multiple copies?

III gear is fairly uncommon, so unless you happen to already have a bunch of weapons from past pulls keep them all separate. Luneth, Ingus, and OK can all use them.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?

private message posted:

Got excited when I saw 4 rainbow orbs but it was 3x Onion Sword and 1x White Mage Robe - no gauntlet :(

Is it better to combine the swords or have to multiple copies?

Probably keep them separate unless you already have a bunch of FF3 weapons.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I got Luneth's Burst, three of his Lust Daggers, and Arc's staff on 100 mythril. I'll save the rest for Friday and see how I'm feeling. Luneth's burst is still a good prize though considering I have Snowspell Strike at r2 for him to abuse, and he's already at level 99 for getting his RM anyway.

I just wanted something for Onion Knight so I could put to use all the weird synergy weapons I have laying around, like fists and stuff. At least I have offensive weapons and a white mage stick for FF3 though!

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
Email sent to the whales:

Nothing new on there, but nice to know that the lucky banner lasts for 3 days so you can collect a bit more from the thanksgiving bonus if needed. Single pull and not the infinite pull like some crazy people speculated.

The Mattybee
Sep 15, 2007

despair.

the Orb of Zot posted:

OK was a complete bust; two 11-pulls, 2 of the OK SSB sword and 2 of Ingus's SB (which I already had a copy of to begin with, making it even worse).

So literally only a -DEF/-RES SSB, and I had one of those in Wakka's Official Ball already (ignoring the -DEF/-RES of Tyro's BSB, even!)

gently caress FF3.

Oh no, you only got a wallbreak with higher-than-average single target SSB damage that lasts for way longer than Wakka's lovely-rear end Official Ball.

Allow me to sing you a whale song of sadness.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Alxprit posted:

I got Luneth's Burst, three of his Lust Daggers, and Arc's staff on 100 mythril. I'll save the rest for Friday and see how I'm feeling. Luneth's burst is still a good prize though considering I have Snowspell Strike at r2 for him to abuse, and he's already at level 99 for getting his RM anyway.

I just wanted something for Onion Knight so I could put to use all the weird synergy weapons I have laying around, like fists and stuff. At least I have offensive weapons and a white mage stick for FF3 though!

Luneth can't use Snowspell Strike. Your best options are Diving for Tornado Strike or Sky High.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Gonna do an 11-pull because I can't wait until Friday.

Except wait, let's do the 100-gem first...

...oooooookay, I guess I'm fine waiting until Friday :stare:

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

Edit: ^^ you and me both buddy.

Why yes, I'll have an Onion Sword for 100 gems, thank you very much!

SpaceGoku posted:

thanks, obama

It's 2016. Make FFRK great again.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

ApplesandOranges posted:

Luneth can't use Snowspell Strike. Your best options are Diving for Tornado Strike or Sky High.

Oh come on... Why you gotta play me like that game.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
:lol: OK at 80 with synergy has 1300hp

I got his SSB but no BSB still worth blowing all my motes on him?

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

acumen posted:

Worth doing the physical half of his dive, anyway.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

acumen posted:

He's still the only FF3 character with the potential for Support 5, so at a minimum that's worthwhile.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

acumen posted:

I think he needs mote-ing in order to get access to 5* support, which is what arguably makes him worth egging regardless of whether you pull anything for him or not. There is no other 5* support user in III realms otherwise.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
Did 2x 11 pulls, got Arc's robe and OK's gauntlets. :getin:

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

there was a mean thing here before, but now there is a dog
Oh, apparently the email sent out to MVPs confirms that the Burst draw will be one time.

No word on if it'll be half price for sure, oddly.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Kawalimus posted:

Well let's hope it doesn't come to that! Luckily I can run the game on an emulator on my computer for the time being.

I fixed it!!! I had to uninstall the app, take my google account off the phone, re-add the google account, reinstall the app, and then it worked again.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Decided to do a pull:
White Mage Robe x2

Oh boy, the banner relic I have the least use or desire for. Twice. :geno:

I think Vaan's BSB is the only desired relic I've gotten from this game since the first FFT banner (Yang's is fine but I doubt I'll use him much regardless). Lots of random stuff and tons of garbage. The game really hasn't given me any reason to want to start spending money, even dollar pulls, again.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

SageAcrin posted:

Oh, apparently the email sent out to MVPs confirms that the Burst draw will be one time.

No word on if it'll be half price for sure, oddly.

I'm still pretty sure (hoping) it is. Everything they've called Lucky Draw has been half price, when the Nightmare relic draws changed to full price and unlimited pulls, they changed it to "Nightmare Relic Draw" so I'm assuming that "Lucky" specifically refers to half price banners.

I suppose it could also just refer to one-time pull banners but...let's be optimistic.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
I'm just assuming it will be 50 mythril and being pleasantly surprised if it's half.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Guaranteed 5* is a beautiful thing because I just went 1/11 and got OK burst.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
Went for a 11 pull and got Ignus's Shield and Arc's Super Rod.

So, uh, I could feasibly do another pull and still have enough for Friday easily. Just, ah, how astounding is it to have OK's?

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Cosmic Afro posted:

Went for a 11 pull and got Ignus's Shield and Arc's Super Rod.

So, uh, I could feasibly do another pull and still have enough for Friday easily. Just, ah, how astounding is it to have OK's?

It's like Shout/Sheepsong where it's great to have natively, but you can RW it just fine.

Just decide if you want more FFIII synergy, and if so debate on whether you want it from banner 1 or banner 2.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011

ApplesandOranges posted:

It's like Shout/Sheepsong where it's great to have natively, but you can RW it just fine.

Just decide if you want more FFIII synergy, and if so debate on whether you want it from banner 1 or banner 2.

Hmmmm, beyond the two relics I just mentioned, I have Tyrfing as relics for FF3. My synergy's not too great, no.

I do, however, still lack a Shout/Sheepsong equivalent, which is somewhat annoying for mage parties.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Rule of thumb if you're waffling on a banner: see if you can beat the bonus battles without them. If not, consider a pull.

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

"Okay, I got 50 Mythril, better do a pull on the FF3 Banner"

*Pulls Onion Sword and Onion Gauntlets*

:stare:

So guys, how good is Onion Knight?

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011

ApplesandOranges posted:

Rule of thumb if you're waffling on a banner: see if you can beat the bonus battles without them. If not, consider a pull.

I've decided I'll wait until that, yeah, and at least after the Black Friday drop. See what it gets me.

ALSO, Onion Knight is super broken I understand from hearing about it, but you need to invest ressources into him, getting his Onion Knight Motes, spend motes to boost him, get him to level 99(he explosively get better at around 90+) if you get his relics.

FruitPunchSamurai
Oct 20, 2010

I used 50 mythril and got Ingus' shield, a Lust Dagger, and an off banner FF6 rod. That could have been worse I guess. At least I'll get another chance for onion burst on friday.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
My pull finger itches so bad. Gotta stray strong till friday. :negative:

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Penelo's USB looks really good. Instant-cast Curaga Medica, 2000 HP Stock heal, and Blink. It's basically an instant Curada and Blink on everyone.

Even more interesting is Larsa's BSB. Curaga Medica and Astra (blocks one status effect). Considering that Larsa has Wrath access, it looks pretty impressive, and we don't even know his Burst commands yet. Too bad they're on separate banners.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

The man called M posted:

"Okay, I got 50 Mythril, better do a pull on the FF3 Banner"

*Pulls Onion Sword and Onion Gauntlets*

:stare:

So guys, how good is Onion Knight?

Very. You're set for a long time.

Zebia
Oct 10, 2012

How's my volume?

Got the Onion Sword, Ingus's shield, Arc's staff in my pull. If I don't get either of the BSBs from the black friday banner I'll try one more time for them.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
So there appears to be a localization error, as the text for Vessel of Fate only mentions granting Haste to the user, not the whole party.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Sometimes I gamble and win :kiddo:

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Attestant posted:

My pull finger itches so bad. Gotta stray strong till friday. :negative:

I have no impulse control.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

ZiegeDame posted:

So there appears to be a localization error, as the text for Vessel of Fate only mentions granting Haste to the user, not the whole party.

It does give party-wide Haste though...right?

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

IllegallySober posted:

It does give party-wide Haste though...right?

Yup.

What's the best way to record dive for OK? Focus on magic or physical only, or hybrid him?

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

1st AD posted:

Yup.

What's the best way to record dive for OK? Focus on magic or physical only, or hybrid him?

I think that entirely depends on what you pull for him, if anything. Absent any relics, I think his best role in III realms is as a support. Outside of III realms, a relic-less OK probably isn't going to crack any of your teams.

Elewem
Dec 4, 2013

Jar Jar Binks in my Spirit Animal
Oh. Uh. Ok.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.
Update: did two 3 pulls in rage. First one got me Arc SSB1 (Shellga + High Regen + MBlink) and a FOURTH Ingus Shield, making the decision to 5*+++ that thing after this event much easier at least.

Second one got me Arc SSB2 (the CT0 Curaga + Blink).

Ok, done with the banner, at this point all that would be left that would be worth it would be the BSBs and I'm not shooting for a 2% chance total.

• Locked thread