Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i should probably make a few suicide runs at some point in that game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Yeah, there definitely exists a combo of traits that can make later orcs in SoM basically unkillable, especially if they've come back a few times. I remember a berserker who could block that wraith stun move and those crazy murder finishers, plus he had health regen and a hatred of pain which made him literally unkillable in singular combat. His only weakness was stealth, but he also had that ability to track you when nearby. I think I ended up having to poison him at his own feast and then immediately leap on him from above to actually finish him off. Guy was a loving badass despite having a name like Map Reader or something.

But yes, outside of exceptions like that the game gets way too easy too quickly, so I do recommend foregoing health upgrades or that rune that makes you immune to poison damage, if only to retain some semblance of balance.

Magil of Shadow
Dec 28, 2009

Proposal: Form a friendly relationship immediately.

"You have GOT to be kidding me"

On the topic of SoM, a friend of mine got me the Legion Edition for the PS3, which I played for a very short period then dropped because it felt rather glitchy, and I heard it was rather incomplete. Is it worth picking it up on the PS4?

Also, to those gushing about The Witcher 3. I've not touched the other games in the series, despite wanting to (And having The Witcher 2 on the 360 thanks to the period of time where it was free), how is it in regards to a newcomer to the series, both in detail with lore and the like? The constant praise has me really wanting to dive in.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Magil of Shadow posted:

On the topic of SoM, a friend of mine got me the Legion Edition for the PS3, which I played for a very short period then dropped because it felt rather glitchy, and I heard it was rather incomplete. Is it worth picking it up on the PS4?

the ps3 version didnt even have the nemesis system right?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Awesome! posted:

the ps3 version didnt even have the nemesis system right?

Nope. Dunno how they even got the game running at all on ps3

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

and if it's a lie, terrorists made me say it
A friend of mine had SoM on PS3 and I watched him play it. It was...not good. It's definitely night and day; you can tell the game was never really intended for last-gen hardware and was basically a jury-rigged, "we can squeeze a few more dollars out of this launch if we have a 360/PS3 release" kind of deal. And this is coming from someone who played and didn't hate the 360 version of Dragon Age: Inquisition.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Popular Human posted:

A friend of mine had SoM on PS3 and I watched him play it. It was...not good. It's definitely night and day; you can tell the game was never really intended for last-gen hardware and was basically a jury-rigged, "we can squeeze a few more dollars out of this launch if we have a 360/PS3 release" kind of deal. And this is coming from someone who played and didn't hate the 360 version of Dragon Age: Inquisition.

What was that even like? Did it seem like a really generic fantasy open world game or something?

I legitimately can't imagine what that game would be like without the Nemesis system.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Thanks for the input on the Witcher 3. Think I will go ahead with getting it all. Cheers!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

King of Solomon posted:

What was that even like? Did it seem like a really generic fantasy open world game or something?

I legitimately can't imagine what that game would be like without the Nemesis system.

An assassins creed clone, which is exactly what the PS4 version is with randomly generated text to make it seem more interesting :P

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Nope. Dunno how they even got the game running at all on ps3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLFRQNaoguY

Nooooooot well at all.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

that cinematic framerate

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
hopin for the tf2 bf1 pack during flash sale

mallamp
Nov 25, 2009

The Persona 5 limited-time avatar+theme set was supposed to come to EU store today, but can't find it, what's the proper word to search with?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

mallamp posted:

The Persona 5 limited-time avatar+theme set was supposed to come to EU store today, but can't find it, what's the proper word to search with?

Try 'EUgetsfuckedagain'

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Kin posted:

Are those US Black Friday promos likely to be the same ones that make it over to the UK?

I'm pretty sure the EU sales are completely independent from the US ones in terms of the specific deals. A lot of the same big games from the big publishers will be on sale, but a lot of the AAA game deals here we've already had in regular sales (AC, Mordor, Star Wars, Witcher etc).

Edit: Didn't realise the EU sale was already live, thought it was tonight. So ignore my speculation and go see for yourself!

Edit 2: It appears to be a pretty crappy sale.

Gravy Jones fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Nov 24, 2016

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Gravy Jones posted:

Edit 2: It appears to be a pretty crappy sale.

The Christmas sales are where it's a for EU. I got around ten games super cheap about 11 months ago.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

The Christmas sales are where it's a for EU. I got around ten games super cheap about 11 months ago.

Good point. I'll wait until then to pass judgement! I also only looked at PS4, so there might be good deals for PS3/Vita.

Physical copies also thend to get their big discounts in December here. I always have to remind myself to hold off on picking up any big November releases when they come out because there's a good chance that £40 game will be £20 by Christmas.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

GG Revelator is £11 with Plus now but otherwise yeah that's a crappy sale.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Gravy Jones posted:

Good point. I'll wait until then to pass judgement! I also only looked at PS4, so there might be good deals for PS3/Vita.

Physical copies also thend to get their big discounts in December here. I always have to remind myself to hold off on picking up any big November releases when they come out because there's a good chance that £40 game will be £20 by Christmas.

The real pro move is to wait til mid January when everyone is trading in the games they got for Christmas that they didn't want :v:

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

The real pro move is to wait til mid January when everyone is trading in the games they got for Christmas that they didn't want :v:

In theory, but I think it can depend on the publisher... Witcher 3 GOTY edition currently £25 at Amazon. Second hand at CEX is £32. Part of the problem is the discounts are so fast and big that second hand stores can't keep up. And when something like Star Wars Battlefront is ten bucks new it's not even worth trying to sell it any cheaper second hand.

Of course none of this matters if you can't get in the door in the first place because it's blocked by several thousand copies of Final Fantasy XV. Pretty sure that's going to be this year's Star Wars Battlefront in terms of dead weight at CEX.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

mallamp posted:

Has anyone found it on the store?

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
For those Canadian goons who use Amex, I had a deal come through my inbox about 10 days ago (link here) where you enrol your card, and if you spend $25 at Amazon.ca using that card you get a $25 statement credit. Just occurred to me this morning that 2 x $20 PSN cards does the trick (and qualifies for free shipping). Just an idea - a bit late for this sale (and tomorrow's possible flash sale) but would come in time for any Christmas/Boxing Day sales. And you're probably spending the money either way.

I just put my order through and right away got the confirmation email from Amex that my statement credit is going to go through.

Just an idea. Spending period is through December 31 but not clear if they're going to cut off enrolments before then. It's hard for Canadians to get a break but this is a decent one (or you could also just buy anything else). Figured this post would get lost in the rush of today and tomorrow if I posted it anywhere else.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Which are the latest versions of Guilty Gear and Blazblue? They have the dumbest naming conventions. Also, are there new versions on the way that will obsolete them?

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I know it's probably not amazing, but is eyes of heaven worth $30 if you're a huge jojo fan?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Latest version of GG is Revelator, it will probably not be the last but I don't think they've announced a new one yet, latest version of BB is Central Friction and they've said it's the last one but who really knows.

melodicwaffle
Oct 9, 2012

Call or fold?

DrManiac posted:

I know it's probably not amazing, but is eyes of heaven worth $30 if you're a huge jojo fan?

It depends on how willing you are to put up with the awkward gameplay controls I think. Even though it's developed by the same company as the Naruto games, which actually play pretty decently and have a pretty easy to understand system tied to a single meter, Eyes of Heaven is bogged down by a bunch of things like DHAs and Dual Combos and skills having different cooldown times and the result is a UI nightmare. I still don't know what half the buttons do but I also haven't gotten very far into it so it might be just me.

As far as the story goes I am 1000% enjoying the incredibly fanfictiony crossover plot. The game also has a billion costumes of character's alternate outfits ranging from manga covers to illustrations for e.g. light novels (Over Heaven DIO) to Tequila Joseph. And different color palettes on top of that. It is a good gold experience for jojo imo

I am still incredibly disappointed in the lack of local multiplayer though.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Eyes of Heavens runs on the Victory VS+ engine, I believe, which is pretty terrible.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Sakurazuka posted:

Try 'EUgetsfuckedagain'
"Too many results to display"

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

univbee posted:

Those of you asking which AC game to buy, to drive the point even further home, AC Syndicate just got PS Pro support via a patch.

It's a bad Pro patch.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Is the division fixed now? Heard it used to be pretty buggy.

Are these all the sales or could more be added later? Was hoping for tf2

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
Is it a given that there will be flash sales in addition to the current list, or more wishful thinking? Nothing really grabs me on the current sale, and I generally prefer to buy physical unless it's an insanely good deal.

I'm kicking myself for not buying any of the PS1 classics for PS3 last week

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Flash sale list, still updating:

Skyrim Remastered (PS4) 50% off
DOOM (PS4) 67% off
Dragon Quest Builders (PS4 or Vita, not cross buy) 25% off
Rise of the Tomb Raider (PS4) 33% off
XCOM 2 Regular Edition (PS4) 35% off
XCOM 2 Deluxe Edition (PS4) 40% off
Assetto Corsa (PS4) 33% off
Battlefield 1 and Titanfall 2 Deluxe Bundle 25% off
Battlefield 1 33% off
Battlefield 1 Deluxe Edition 33% off
Battlefield 1 Ultimate Edition 20% off
Titanfall 2 40% off
Titanfall 2 Deluxe Edition 40% off

Discounts are for U.S. and Canada PSN, and stack with the 10% off code if you haven't used it yet.

So far none of the prices require PS+, although it's possible PS+ will add a further discount once the store is done updating so maybe hold fire.

EDIT link to Flash Sale https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/flash-sale/cid=STORE-MSF77008-FLASHSALEPS4GAM runs until the morning of the 29th.

univbee fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Nov 24, 2016

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

univbee posted:

Looks like flash sale stuff is already starting to be updated, Skyrim PS4 is 50% off and DOOM is 67% off. Also the 10% off code stacks further on top of that.

EDIT also Dragon Quest Builders at 25% off and RotTR at 33% off.

How to you find out when the new discounts are added? Those games don't show up under the bf page

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

actionjackson posted:

How to you find out when the new discounts are added? Those games don't show up under the bf page

They haven't compiled a page yet but some people are spotting them. There'll probably be a separate "Black Friday Flash Sale" page once it's all updated.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

John Romero posted:

hopin for the tf2 bf1 pack during flash sale

Good call. I'm eyeing XCom 2, any notes on how well of a console port it turned out to be?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Just a heads up that if you don't mind physical copies, some games are cheaper at retail at places like Best Buy and Amazon.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Oh god the IW Legacy bundle price matches the physical version at Walmart here, welp time to shoot myself in the face and pay for COD4.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
Wow, Tales from the Borderland is 1.99 on PSN. I had very little interest in it, but for $2? Hell, I'll try it.

no more books
Aug 4, 2011
How are the mods for Skyrim on PS4? Do you think it's worth getting for someone who liked skyrim but hated the combat so much that I stopped before completing the main quest or playing any DLC? I wanted to be a battlemage type and I really didn't like it. Archery was okay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Doom is ok on consoles right? I still have like $10 in my wallet and people really seemed to like it.

• Locked thread