Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

how has no one said Pikaboo for a mimikyu name yet, good god y'all are slacking

e:

[x]

someone awful. fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Nov 24, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
I feel like scald should be super effective against ice-type pokemon, like how freeze-dry is super effective against water-types.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Blaziken386 posted:

I feel like scald should be super effective against ice-type pokemon, like how freeze-dry is super effective against water-types.

yeah buff scald

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

I also don't like that the Pledge moves are locked behind an arbitrary happiness number still, cause they're real useful moves and like double the power of my Brionne's Water Gun. Least in XY and ORAS your starter liked you enough that you could get the move by the time you reached where they were, but not in this game! Guess I'll check again after I get Fly.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Blaziken386 posted:

No no no no no! It's already a strong enough move as it is, and Ice does not need another defensive weakness.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

there should be a pokemon that just kills ice-types on switch in imo

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Crosspeice posted:

I also don't like that the Pledge moves are locked behind an arbitrary happiness number still, cause they're real useful moves and like double the power of my Brionne's Water Gun. Least in XY and ORAS your starter liked you enough that you could get the move by the time you reached where they were, but not in this game! Guess I'll check again after I get Fly.

you can get scald in the 2nd trial area and brionne will still not know a useful water move until then

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
next pokemon in alaska please

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Just fought the League:

God drat Kukui's battle theme! That was some hype poo poo.

Celebration is super cute.

Tapu Koko doesn't want to be caught and I'm almost out of Pokéballs. What do I do? :(

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

MechaSeinfeld posted:

there should be a pokemon that just kills ice-types on switch in imo

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Your Computer posted:

Just fought the League:

Tapu Koko doesn't want to be caught and I'm almost out of Pokéballs. What do I do? :(

Just murder it, it'll respawn

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Your Computer posted:

Just fought the League:

if you kill it you can fight it again by beating the elite 4 again

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Help I've fallen in love with my Grimer named Schmoo. He's so strong and brave and eats everything. Am I wrong to love him so? Did adding dark type make them good?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Your Computer posted:

Just fought the League:

I ran out of every good ball and then ended up catching it in a random Friend Ball I had stashed away somewhere. So if you just believe you can do it!!

Bad Moon posted:

Help I've fallen in love with my Grimer named Schmoo. He's so strong and brave and eats everything. Am I wrong to love him so? Did adding dark type make them good?

Alola Grimer and Muk are very good. Feel no shame in your love.

Nemo07
Jul 26, 2013
Where is this Horsea on Melemele Island? It says it's in the bay area past the cave, but there are literally three different ways to catch 'mons here. :psyduck:

Edit: Nevermind, the little bastard was in the middle of the sea.

Nemo07 fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Nov 24, 2016

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I ran out of every good ball and then ended up catching it in a random Friend Ball I had stashed away somewhere. So if you just believe you can do it!!

You were right! I took somewhere close to 50 Pokéballs at 1 health while sleeping, but I finally caught him (in a regular ol' Pokéball) :D

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

did anyone even post the generations episode? they uploaded it today instead of Friday for some weird reason so I guess people missed it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwcKXvNaKQ0

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Blaziken386 posted:

Why would you ever want to make the ice type even worse???

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

CherryCat posted:

Just got Moon today, what shall I name my owl?

InferiorDhelmise.

Sure you can't get Dhelmise till near endgame, but it's the superior Grass/Ghost pokemon (also gets bonus STAB for steel) and its signature move is a 80 attack power Mean Look.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

i put him on my decidueye team and now i have aegislash, pheromosa, toxapex, and mega scizor on the same team and it feels disgusting

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Farg posted:

what are the Coolest pokemon to make my team out of in the main game. I have a rowlett and a litwick and a magnemite so far

Probably something Bug or Fighting since you'll have a couple of ghosts. Going for a Wimpod (the evo's cool) or Dewpider would fit nicely.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FishBulb posted:

Mimikyu name chat : box fodder

I'm with this guy.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

mabels big day posted:

did anyone even post the generations episode? they uploaded it today instead of Friday for some weird reason so I guess people missed it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwcKXvNaKQ0

holy gently caress

i hope the next one is the battle with N's legendary dragon and the animation is even better

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

So is it possible to run through the game grabbing the unique items and legendaries, send them to the uh, pokebank, and then reset the game for duplicates? How long from starter mon -> pokebank access? It'd be neat to have all 3 starters on a playthrough.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
Sometimes people in Festival Plaza will start trading me piles of their good Pokemon for piles of my bad Pokemon, and I don't know why

I don't even know these people, why are they okaying these trades

I can't just not take your Gengar, though, that would be silly

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

someone awful. posted:

how has no one said Pikaboo for a mimikyu name yet, good god y'all are slacking

e:

[x]

because everyone already said that name when it was first revealed, moron

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Arrgytehpirate posted:

So is it possible to run through the game grabbing the unique items and legendaries, send them to the uh, pokebank, and then reset the game for duplicates? How long from starter mon -> pokebank access? It'd be neat to have all 3 starters on a playthrough.

There is no bank access until January.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
So, how do I find the Dragon type Captain? I've seen official artwork of him and he looks dope and I wanna see him

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

Tornhelm posted:

and its signature move is a 80 attack power Mean Look.

Spirit Shackle.

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

Arrgytehpirate posted:

The faster way is to rush the first island, making sure to grab a male that can breed with it and then not far into the second island you'll hit the nursery where you can breed a box of trade fodder for the other starters/ditto/etc.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I just spent an hour chaining to try to get an HA gabite. I looked up to watch netflix and then looked down and the dugtrio was dead. I don't know what even happened.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Ruggington posted:

i put him on my decidueye team and now i have aegislash, pheromosa, toxapex, and mega scizor on the same team and it feels disgusting

mega scizor is incredibly scary right now, and beats basically every new mon i like.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
mega pinsir and zam are also terrors right now. zam benefits so much from psychic terrain in a meta with aegislash, mega scizor, and bisharp

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Bad Moon posted:

Muk was always great but now he's extra beautiful.

Also my fluffy bewear is an unkillable murder god.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
Aw, Po town, yo :(

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

So, how do I find the Dragon type Captain? I've seen official artwork of him and he looks dope and I wanna see him

That person does not exist.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I thought people couldn't get Megan's into the game until pokebank gets updated in january

Calaveron fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Nov 24, 2016

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Calaveron posted:

I thought people couldn't get metas into the game until pokebank gets updated in january

There will be an Alola-only meta in battle spot, and the simulators are just pretending pokebank already exists

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Calaveron posted:

I thought people couldn't get metas into the game until pokebank gets updated in january

Do you mean Megas? You can get those from the Battle Tree's BP shop for like 64 BP each, or from various other places, depending on the stone. Bank wouldn't help you get mega stones up to Gen 7 since items aren't allowed to travel through Bank anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

cheetah7071 posted:

There will be an Alola-only meta in battle spot, and the simulators are just pretending pokebank already exists

Meant megas and I guess that makes sense