Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zikan posted:

the joke is that all that stuff was on the 2016 democratic platform

It was but Hamilton tickets and trading 2 Republicans for 1 Democratic voter in Georgia had to take precedent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Corek posted:

Bernie isn't even a member of the democratic party. He zipped out right after he lost the primary.

i believe if he runs in another election he'll be doing so as a democrat. since last go round he was elected as an independent that's my guess for why he switched back

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

I really hope Ellison finds a way to own the Farrakhan questions at some point because I don't see those going away. Also, what's a fast way to learn French? I want to run up my score for Canadian Express Entry. I'm a hypocrite that really wants healthcare.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
lol canada sucks

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

If you're learning french join the foreign legion don't be a bitch that flees to Canada.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

hobotrashcanfires posted:

That's kinda been one of the sad things of Obama's presidency. Whenever we've taken a few modest faltering steps via bureaucracy and executive, hailed as triumphs, and it's all gonna be erased.

Obama's "Look forward" when he started out was the death knell of any progress. Should've been a dozen or more investigations of all the myriad failings, corruptions, and abuses of power, but no. Oh well. Can we relitigate Obama's failings now too? There's so many reasons the dems are in an absolute shambles right now.

The lesson here is that "incrementalism" is bullshit.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Nanomashoes posted:

If you're learning french join the foreign legion don't be a bitch that flees to Canada.

france is gonna be right wing too soon not the best bet imo

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
the winds of trumpism are a blowin in canada too
note the locations of the states that swung to trump!

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Zikan posted:

the joke is that all that stuff was on the 2016 democratic platform

I guess someone should have informed the campaign then.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
Ellison wins his district, which was the lowest turnout district in MN when he first ran, and is now the highest turnout district in MN, with ~70% of the vote, consistently.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Do you think Canadians ever get annoyed about being the plan B for American losers?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I'm way behind on this thread but a Hillary fanatic who hates Bernie supporters :qq:ing at the idea of people blaming Hillary's base is the most :ironicat: thing

Nobody is even actually blaming her base

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Nanomashoes posted:

the legion is what France uses to gently caress around in its former colonies IIRC

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

All of the "Ellison has this problem and this problem!" are basically centrist democrats whining that they're losing the party because they drat hosed up son.

Obama's people can bitch and moan all they want but this is on them.

Gizmoduck_5000
Oct 6, 2013

Your superior intellect is no match for our primitive weapons!

Ace of Baes posted:

Ellison wins his district, which was the lowest turnout district in MN when he first ran, and is now the highest turnout district in MN, with ~70% of the vote, consistently.

Yeah. To me that's the most qualifying thing about his candidacy for DNC chair. If he can do this for the rest of the country, then I might just regain hope that the democratic leadership are not ALL just a bunch of incompetent, sniveling cowards.

Gizmoduck_5000
Oct 6, 2013

Your superior intellect is no match for our primitive weapons!

Aurubin posted:

I really hope Ellison finds a way to own the Farrakhan questions at some point because I don't see those going away. Also, what's a fast way to learn French? I want to run up my score for Canadian Express Entry. I'm a hypocrite that really wants healthcare.

Remind me again, what exactly is wrong with Louis Farrakhan, other than white people being terrified of black men with power?

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

kind of off topic but i listened to some more chapo trap house and 1. theyre pretty good 2. they have to be old lf posters or something

i even chipped in to their patreon, which is the first one of these kickstarter things ive ever done and i feel dirty

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Gizmoduck_5000 posted:

Remind me again, what exactly is wrong with Louis Farrakhan, other than white people being terrified of black men with power?

Muslim

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

the nyt article today is basically "The whitehouse [see: establishment neoliberal democrats] don't want to cede the party to bernie sanders"

and in order to do this they've drafted... Tom Perez? :confused:

Subjunctivitis
Oct 12, 2007
Causation or Correlation?

Heaven Spacey posted:

The attempt to make Tim Kaine cool with the cocked-eyebrow logo branding made me cringe. Really, the entire Clinton campaign just felt... prepackaged. Like a Big Mac or a Snickers Bar or something. A bunch of men in suits with thick data reports build a factory. A tube excretes some flesh-colored paste onto a conveyor belt. The belt carries the paste into an oven for precisely 15 minutes. A robot claw reaches into the oven, grabs the paste, and wraps it in a piece of plastic with a flashy label on it. Bam, there's our candidate.

In an era where craft beer, Etsy and blogs are the rule, how could corporate focus-tested methods lose?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Gizmoduck_5000 posted:

the Satanic Jews that control everything and mostly everybody, if they are your enemy, then you must be somebody

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

yes it's keepin it 1600 so you gotta suffer from the obamabros but Keith interview here is really good and basically keith paraphrasing this thread (including the implication that the dem party isn't really the party of the working people)

25 minutes in if you want to skip everything else

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/keepin-it-1600/id1111751047?mt=2&i=378123779

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Nation of Islam isn't actually Islam

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3bDCfILIM4

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Guy Goodbody posted:

Nation of Islam isn't actually Islam

It's got the word in it tho, that's all you need to scare the poo poo out of the gringos

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

the older farrakhan gets the more he looks like member of the Kim dynasty

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

crazy cloud posted:

It's got the word in it tho, that's all you need to scare the poo poo out of the gringos

Well, according to the Southern Poverty Law Center, Nation of Islam is an anti-semitic hate group. So it might scare Jews too.

NoI is a cult on par with Scientology and says the same poo poo about gays and lesbians that Pat Robertson does. Let's not give them a pass just because Republicans don't like them

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Guy Goodbody posted:

Well, according to the Southern Poverty Law Center, Nation of Islam is an anti-semitic hate group. So it might scare Jews too.

NoI is a cult on par with Scientology and says the same poo poo about gays and lesbians that Pat Robertson does. Let's not give them a pass just because Republicans don't like them

I don't know anything about them really. I disavow. I disavow, there. I disavow, OK?

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

kind of off topic but i listened to some more chapo trap house and 1. theyre pretty good 2. they have to be old lf posters or something

i even chipped in to their patreon, which is the first one of these kickstarter things ive ever done and i feel dirty

Ally talk radio is a top 10 bit of all time

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
Hey gently caress you guys. Hillary said she might consider doing something iterative about maternity leave.

Also 20 years ago in China she suggested in a speech that women should be treated like humans.

If she can act so boldly on interests so close to her own, imagine what she could have done for you.

Princess Di
Apr 23, 2016

by zen death robot

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

the absolute #1 reason behind the shambolic state of the Democratic Party is the 2010-ish shift in the DNC's priorities from being competitive in every race to helping incumbents keep their seats

everything else is secondary to that. even with a Hillary loss there's no reason we should be in such bad shape nationally but for the DNC's incompetence

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Nanomashoes posted:

idk if joining an imperialist foreign battalion is the wisest or most politically sound choice

Raskolnikov38 posted:

the legion is what France uses to gently caress around in its former colonies IIRC

yep. that

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

when the national front gets power in France joining the ffl will probably not be the best idea

Princess Di
Apr 23, 2016

by zen death robot

Captain Internet posted:

It ain't gonna happen, but hypothetically what in the gently caress would occur if they find the election was tampered with and Clinton actually won? Like no time to set up a cabinet or staff. It's too crazy to ever happen but, wow what a cherry on top that'd be.

She would swoop in unshaken. Her 4000 Washington positions were probably already mentally checked off for prospective employees.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

Weird Twitter has a lot of LF superstars. I dunno why none of them post here anymore.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

the older farrakhan gets the more he looks like member of the Kim dynasty

mugabe imo

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

i want to expand on this: as a note, the reason the DNC became such poo poo in 2010 is that the Clinton machine started staffing it with establishment types whose primary loyalty was to Hillary to lay the groundwork for her 2016 run and make sure the deck was clear of rivals

that meant suppressing any possible insurgency from the left, and it's why the only leftist challenge she had was from an indy

this really is all HRC's fault, her ambition killed a centuries-old party

Olga Gurlukovich
Nov 13, 2016

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

i like them

Marlows
Nov 4, 2009

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

i want to expand on this: as a note, the reason the DNC became such poo poo in 2010 is that the Clinton machine started staffing it with establishment types whose primary loyalty was to Hillary to lay the groundwork for her 2016 run and make sure the deck was clear of rivals

that meant suppressing any possible insurgency from the left, and it's why the only leftist challenge she had was from an indy

this really is all HRC's fault, her ambition killed a centuries-old party

The Democratic Party survived after being widely viewed as the party of secession and slavery, survived the Republican national dominance in the late 19th and early 20th centuries, survived the complete disasters of 1920 and 1924, survived the landslides of 1972 and 1984, and survived the southern strategy.

I think it's a little unreasonable to suggest that Hillary killed the Democratic Party.

We are in a bad spot, but we've managed worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

how much did you donate to the jill stein audit money machine

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

• Locked thread