Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Away all Goats posted:

Kinda lame they didn't just keep feeding Love the ball so he could try to break Curry's 3pt record

I mean he only made 8 of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
love breaking klay's single-quarter points record would have been so sweet

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Cool Buff Man posted:

I mean he only made 8 of them

In the first quarter eight minutes

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Away all Goats posted:

In the first quarter

Do you think they banned him from shooting threes or something for the rest of the game, if he cared he would have gunned it

e: It's just like Klay's crazy quarter, he didn't go on to break the 3 record but it's useless to dwell on the part that didn't happen

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Cool Buff Man posted:

Do you think they banned him from shooting threes or something for the rest of the game, if he cared he would have gunned it

No but I saw a few instances of forcing a bad shot instead of passing it to a wide open love. I'm just saying they could have gone for it if they wanted

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Away all Goats posted:

No but I saw a few instances of forcing a bad shot instead of passing it to a wide open love. I'm just saying they could have gone for it if they wanted

Fair enough. I'm just happy he got to show his true colors and show the world how pretty his nose is

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://twitter.com/johnmartin929/status/801623345838047232

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Cool Buff Man posted:

I'm just happy he got to show his true colors and show the world how pretty his nose is

It's the best nose money can buy

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

inx posted:

Oh Lord

I don't want to sound like a dick, it's an insanely cool and difficult dunk, but as with almost every other "free throw line dunk" he obviously steps over and jumps from like a foot inside.

Z Bo always ruled

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

NickRoweFillea posted:

It's the best nose money can buy

ugh this is just a filthy floating rumor because all those plastic surgery places have patient confidentiality restrictions so we can't easily verify its obvious truth.

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

DeimosRising posted:

I don't want to sound like a dick, it's an insanely cool and difficult dunk, but as with almost every other "free throw line dunk" he obviously steps over and jumps from like a foot inside.

i guess this doesn't count either

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
I don't know what context this tweet was in and I frankly don't care:

https://twitter.com/talkhoops/status/801653743238295552

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Zach Harper is probably the biggest unironic Ricky Davis fan in the world.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Some say shooters shoot but Zach is one of the few who outright embrace it

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
The thunder are not a good basketball team and it is upsetting

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Metapod posted:

The thunder are not a good basketball team and it is upsetting

Have you considered perhaps the Kings are good at baske-ahahaha

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
Timberwolves are a good bad team.

Grizzlies are a bad good team.

Which one is the Thunder?

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

tanglewood1420 posted:

Timberwolves are a good bad team.

Grizzlies are a bad good team.

Which one is the Thunder?

They have 1 great player, 1 good player, then a bunch of role players. So they'll be pretty good if their two good players play really well and the roleplayers don't mess things up
It's a recipe for a few games above .500 record, barring injury

They're like a layer of room temperature water, a layer of boiling scalding water, with more room temperture water on top. You have to drink the top, avoid being scalded with the middle, and hopefully you aren't in such a savagely injured state that you can get the lukewarm bottom down

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
thunder are a tootsie pop, a satisfying choclatey russell westbrook core surrounded by a cavity-inducing and uncomplementary fruity exterior

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

EvanTH posted:

ugh this is just a filthy floating rumor because all those plastic surgery places have patient confidentiality restrictions so we can't easily verify its obvious truth.

Even though it's my theory, I'm willing to admit that him losing like 8% of his body fat might have drasically changed the way his nose rests on his face. But there are some angles that really look like plastic surgery, and I've been around a lot of surgeried people.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Dejan Bimble posted:

They have 1 great player, 1 good player, then a bunch of role players. So they'll be pretty good if their two good players play really well and the roleplayers don't mess things up
It's a recipe for a few games above .500 record, barring injury

They're like a layer of room temperature water, a layer of boiling scalding water, with more room temperture water on top. You have to drink the top, avoid being scalded with the middle, and hopefully you aren't in such a savagely injured state that you can get the lukewarm bottom down

This makes perfect sense actually because Kevin Durant is built like a straw

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
They have no shooting, they don't rebound as good as they should, the offense is predictable, and they aren't good defensively. 2016 can go gently caress itself

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

IcePhoenix posted:

This makes perfect sense actually because Kevin Durant is built like a straw

That made my eyes pop out of my head
Thank you for completing my metaphor

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Everyone knew the thunder would be awful at offense with the lack of shooting and unlike Bulls, the Thunder don't have andre robinson randomly learning how to shoot 3's

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
The Thunder are pretty much exactly what you would've expected them to be coming into the season, maybe a little better. Westbrook is arguably the best player in the league and every other guy on that team is good at maybe one or two things at most.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Ibaka turned to dust and Oladipo is playing well so it's hard to argue that the move was bad but I also kind of felt Ibaka provided some stability that the team just doesn't have now.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Rick posted:

Ibaka turned to dust and Oladipo is playing well so it's hard to argue that the move was bad but I also kind of felt Ibaka provided some stability that the team just doesn't have now.

Everything they do makes sense from a distance, but the closer you get the harder it becomes to justify. Ibaka was part of those defensive lineups that nearly buried the warriors. It's a shame he developed no face up game whatsoever and got Dirked out of his offense, and that nobody liked him. Oladipo is just a random okay combo guard. What are you going to do with him? How many minutes would he play on the Warriors? How many guys like him exist, how many guys like Ibaka exist. Goes doubly so since they gave Oladipo a big extension.

And Domanatas Sabonis is not a piece that will lead anyone to contention. I guess they're hoping Russ will attract stars to OKC if they stay afloat until they have the chance to really make moves. Would you want to play with him if you were a star wing, for Durant, the answer was no

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Nov 24, 2016

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
The Warriors scored a lot of points last night. And the Pelicans have a pulse. I like that.

Also, if anyone cares, Steve Kerr is on the latest episode of David Axelrod's podcast. He talks about his youth, the assassination of his father, Trump, stuff like that.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Wiggins had quite a game last night. 13 points on 2 for 19 shooting, no rebounds, no assists, two turnovers. One steal. Ohhh baby

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Papercut posted:

The Thunder are pretty much exactly what you would've expected them to be coming into the season, maybe a little better. Westbrook is arguably the best player in the league and every other guy on that team is good at maybe one or two things at most.

Adams is actually awesome.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Papercut posted:

That's not something we can actually know, though. We don't know who was actually willing to sign with them and at what costs. But yes, the Turner contract was atrocious and he obviously isn't playing up to it.

If you want to buy an apple, but there are no apples around to buy, then you don't go out and buy a pile of poo poo instead for the same price.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Papercut posted:

That's not something we can actually know, though. We don't know who was actually willing to sign with them and at what costs. But yes, the Turner contract was atrocious and he obviously isn't playing up to it.

I know what you're trying to say but the correct decision has always been "Don't sign Evan Turner for a lot of money" and no amount of rationalization can make the Blazers look... better or competent for signing him. Like, sign nobody. Nobody at all. Don't sign Evan Turner for that much.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Cool Buff Man posted:

Wiggins had quite a game last night. 13 points on 2 for 19 shooting, no rebounds, no assists, two turnovers. One steal. Ohhh baby

He looks like he had a few good games and now he's forcing it trying to keep his run going. The fact that KAT also played like poop meant he tried creating offense where he really shouldn't have. He loves posting up on the baseline, like 10 feet from the basket. That is really not a good spot. He needs to either get good deep position and try to do more moving towards the basket.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Jack's Flow posted:

The Warriors scored a lot of points last night. And the Pelicans have a pulse. I like that.

Also, if anyone cares, Steve Kerr is on the latest episode of David Axelrod's podcast. He talks about his youth, the assassination of his father, Trump, stuff like that.

This made me look that story up and Jesus Christ ASU students:

quote:

While warming up for a game at Arizona State in 1988, Kerr had to deal with a number of fans in the crowd chanting "PLO" and "your father's history".[10][11] Though teary-eyed, Kerr scored 20 points in the first half, making all six of his 3-point attempts.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Dejan Bimble posted:

Everything they do makes sense from a distance, but the closer you get the harder it becomes to justify. Ibaka was part of those defensive lineups that nearly buried the warriors. It's a shame he developed no face up game whatsoever and got Dirked out of his offense, and that nobody liked him. Oladipo is just a random okay combo guard. What are you going to do with him? How many minutes would he play on the Warriors? How many guys like him exist, how many guys like Ibaka exist. Goes doubly so since they gave Oladipo a big extension.

And Domanatas Sabonis is not a piece that will lead anyone to contention. I guess they're hoping Russ will attract stars to OKC if they stay afloat until they have the chance to really make moves. Would you want to play with him if you were a star wing, for Durant, the answer was no

Oladipo is good the issue with him is you have to play him with a point guard because he can't lead an offense. Please leave my boy alone he's just a rookie trying to make his mark.

Chairchucker posted:

Adams is actually awesome.

He's been under performing :(

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Joel embiid third best defensive center ? I've got deandre and gasol ahead of him.

He moves much better than gobert.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Whiteside, as much as it pains me to say it

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

euphronius posted:

Joel embiid third best defensive center ? I've got deandre and gasol ahead of him.

More importantly - Okafor is the worst defensive center isn't he?

I get viscerally angry when JoJo leaves and Jah comes in. It feels offensive to my soul

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

euphronius posted:

When he is on the floor Bogut is still really effective for Dallas. Dwight is having a really nice bounceback year defensively. Swapping him out for Horford (another good defender) has made their defense about 2 points better.

Not to rain on the Embiid parade, but while defensively he is much better than most other 76ers, he is not really anchoring any good defensive lineups. With him on the floor they are a worse defensive team than they were on average last year. RPM has Embiid a positive defensively, but near the bottom of the "starting defensive center" category.

It's not surprising, even if they put up stats it usually take a few years for defensive centers to come into their own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

paternity suitor posted:

More importantly - Okafor is the worst defensive center isn't he?

I get viscerally angry when JoJo leaves and Jah comes in. It feels offensive to my soul

RPM has Okafor, Jefferson, and Kanter all grouped together as really bad defensive centers this year, that sounds about right.

The RPM winner (loser) with the worst defensive output for a center is none other than Karl Anthony Towns. Since he plays heavy minutes anchoring one of the worst defensive team in the league, this checks out. Offensively KAT is #2 behind only Cousins (who is #1 by a mile).

• Locked thread