Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BOGO LOAD
Jul 1, 2004

"You know I always had trouble really chewing the fat with my pops. Just listen to him..."
I figured if anyone would make toys of the show it'd be NECA. Went ahead and checked and guess what?

http://necaonline.com/category/licenses/tv/ash-vs-evil-dead/

Only season 1 stuff, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Tacopocalypse posted:

I figured if anyone would make toys of the show it'd be NECA. Went ahead and checked and guess what?

Nice! Needs a Khandarian Dagger, and the Necronomicon also.

It also occurred to me that Ash vs. ED would be a great Left4Dead type game if you could play as the different team members.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Zwabu posted:

so.

It also occurred to me that Ash vs. ED would be a great Left4Dead type game if you could play as the different team members.

Oh god, now I really hope that this show somehow leads to a kickass Evil Dead video game getting made. And I barely play games these days but I'd buy that one 100%.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

STAC Goat posted:

Oh god, now I really hope that this show somehow leads to a kickass Evil Dead video game getting made. And I barely play games these days but I'd buy that one 100%.

There's been several made over the years and ehhhhhhhnnnnnnnn.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Fuckin Trump Riot posted:

The one where Ash goes back to the Cabin and has to deal with Deadite Annie was great

Genuinely sad she didn't show up in season 1

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
What Ash did to Baal in episode 8 was something I was asking a show or movie to do since I was a kid.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Tacopocalypse posted:

These are amazing!

Just looked up their stuff on Amazon, and I'm going to need their Snake Plissken for Christmas.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

If you like more adorable figures Funko just came out with ones for all 4 main cast members. Got an Ash sitting on my bookshelf :holy:

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

I don't collect figures (other than some OG black series stormtroopers), but I had to order chainsaw Ash. I kinda want the original Evil Dead Ash too because it comes with the Necronomicon, reel to reel, and Linda's head, but the Ash sculpt is pretty lovely.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

I'm incredibly annoyed that the On Demand service I watch this show on hasn't put up the latest episode yet.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
Bruce Campbell is the best.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I hope season 3 is him getting thrown through time again and just has Ash walking around making fun of medieval people to riff on GoT

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

Daemonic Tommy Wiseu has been defeated - but at what cost?!

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Doltos posted:

I hope season 3 is him getting thrown through time again and just has Ash walking around making fun of medieval people to riff on GoT

Ash goes back in time and creates a bunch of paradoxes that create a powerful demon. He tracks Ash down, calls him Dad and then starts loving things up even worse as Ash tries to save his friends, keep causality in some sort of working order and combats the new evil he brought into place. Bonus points if the paradoxes are poo poo like Evil Dead 1 world, Army of Darkness, maybe one of the video games and ironically the Remake.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Crabtree posted:

Ash goes back in time and creates a bunch of paradoxes that create a powerful demon. He tracks Ash down, calls him Dad and then starts loving things up even worse as Ash tries to save his friends, keep causality in some sort of working order and combats the new evil he brought into place. Bonus points if the paradoxes are poo poo like Evil Dead 1 world, Army of Darkness, maybe one of the video games and ironically the Remake.

Now I want to see Ash Fucks the World Up So Badly That Time Gives Up.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Also "Evil Dead 1" world is the same world. The opening of ED2 is basically a compressed recap of the first movie up to when evil grabs him and throws him through the forest.
:goonsay:

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Also "Evil Dead 1" world is the same world. The opening of ED2 is basically a compressed recap of the first movie up to when evil grabs him and throws him through the forest.
:goonsay:
On the one hand this is true. On the chainsaw hand, Ash loving all of time up would be pretty great to watch.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I did specify "kick rear end."

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Raxivace posted:

On the one hand this is true. On the chainsaw hand, Ash loving all of time up would be pretty great to watch.

I like where your head is!

And where your nub is :heysexy:

Takei is Okay
Sep 3, 2011
Is there a new episode tomorrow? IMDB says no :(

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Takei is Okay posted:

Is there a new episode tomorrow? IMDB says no :(

Ash ate too much turkey and passed out, what are you gonna do

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Can I ask ya somethin', Padre? When I was kickin' your ass back there... you get a little wood?

I skipped the last five episodes when they aired and binged through them today.

Holy poo poo, this show. I liked the first season just fine but it feels like they just amped up all the strong stuff and cut a lot of the fluff and weakness.

Next episode - looks like time travel? Wonder if they'll do some Back to the Future 2-style hijinks with him witnessing the events of the first or second movie again.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
"Heh, finally stopped that stupid book before it even got started :smuggo:"

*returns to future*

*is a hellish dystopian nightmare ruled by zombies because Ash wasn't there when the book was unleashed*

"welp :shepicide:"

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

"Heh, finally stopped that stupid book before it even got started :smuggo:"

*returns to future*

*is a hellish dystopian nightmare ruled by zombies because Ash wasn't there when the book was unleashed*

"welp :shepicide:"

We're finally getting to the Director's ending of Army of Darkness!

NOW OFF TO LONDON

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Ok I never post in TVIV, but that ending actually pissed me off.

Where's the time travel theories coming from?

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
ED2/Army of Darkness in the main - Ruby's 'sister' used the book to open a portal to banish the Evil to, only it just seems to dump both the Evil, Ash and the Oldsmobile in medieval England. Given the book is proven to be capable of it, there may be a passage on Pablo somewhere that they could use to try and undo everything.

(of course if they do, it won't work and will probably just strand them all somewhere terrible or completely gently caress up the world or something because it's Ash)

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

tithin posted:

Based on the preview for the next episode where they are clearly BTTFing in the Delta. Also, the description of the next episode "Ash, distraught about losing Pablo is determined to bring him back. Ruby and Kelly tag along as they travel back in time to make sure Young Ash never sees the Necronomicon."

6EQUJ5 6 7
Sep 1, 2012

I'd do the same as you.
Am I wrong or did the Ashless gang pull up to the asylum in the delta? It was dark and my tv is breaking down so I wasn't sure.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

6EQUJ5 6 7 posted:

Am I wrong or did the Ashless gang pull up to the asylum in the delta? It was dark and my tv is breaking down so I wasn't sure.

I'm pretty sure it was a flashback to an early, pre-possessed Delta time from Ash's house.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,

6EQUJ5 6 7 posted:

Yup. In episode 7 Ash sees them pull up in the Delta near the end, and episode 8 starts with the Ghostbeaters getting out of the Delta in front of the asylum. Maybe Pablo duct taped it back to running condition?

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

I'm pretty sure it was a flashback to an early, pre-possessed Delta time from Ash's house.

I think to Ash's delusion, it was turned into a flashback, but given everything in the place was a manipulation and not a fabrication, it was also the crew pulling up.

So basically: Ash looked out, saw his friends from the Cabin getting out of the Delta, apparently knew what was happening the whole time so figured correctly it was the real gang, who were actually getting out of the Delta. It's really pretty amusingly clever, made far better by the fact the show didn't jump up and down and make sure you noticed it. I like when cool details just happen and they let the audience notice them or not.

tithin posted:

Simple: They lost the rights to Time Traveling with the Necronomicon along with AOD, which sounds ridiculous but was actually part of it. They got the AOD rights back this season but have very, very carefully avoided referencing AOD other than the first episode with the chainsaw arm picture, and Ash mentioning the flying demon (which was also ED2, so not necessarily AOD).

Which means they've been sitting on having full access to everything from Army of Darkness and not using it. Which means they've got one hell of a trump card to play in their deck right now.

Sentinel Red posted:

ED2/Army of Darkness in the main - Ruby's 'sister' used the book to open a portal to banish the Evil to, only it just seems to dump both the Evil, Ash and the Oldsmobile in medieval England. Given the book is proven to be capable of it, there may be a passage on Pablo somewhere that they could use to try and undo everything.

(of course if they do, it won't work and will probably just strand them all somewhere terrible or completely gently caress up the world or something because it's Ash)

Assuming the S-Mart ending of AOD is canon, they've got a wonderful chance here to make them screw up on the time travel again and end up in a post apocalyptic future for a few episodes, too. Hell it'd be even funnier if they actually tried to bridge those two endings like they've tried to bridge ED1/ED2 (fuzzy on the details on purpose, of course) and say Ash somehow escaped that future to end up in the S-Mart ending.

OK I'm rambling but I find the way the show has this "All possible canon is canon, even if it at odds with itself" attitude hilarious in a good way. Though I've wondered sometimes if they went with the popular "skip the recreation part" concept and are basically treating the canon as: ED1 up until Ash is turned -> ED2.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Nov 27, 2016

Dave Angel
Sep 8, 2004

Blazing Ownager posted:

They got the AOD rights back this season but have very, very carefully avoided referencing AOD other than the first episode with the chainsaw arm picture, and Ash mentioning the flying demon (which was also ED2, so not necessarily AOD).

Chainsaw arm picture was also in Evil Dead 2 as well.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

I'm wondering what happened to the Necronomicon after it was thrown in the TrunkPortal of Hell. If Ruby makes a new necronomicon from Pablo's remains, will that make 2 Necronomici? Necronomicons.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

double nine posted:

I'm wondering what happened to the Necronomicon after it was thrown in the TrunkPortal of Hell. If Ruby makes a new necronomicon from Pablo's remains, will that make 2 Necronomici? Necronomicons.

The real question is where the gently caress the Necronomicon comes from at the Cabin considering Ash brings the one from the past into the future after it was destroyed.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Sentinel Red posted:

Maybe they'll land in medieval Mexico

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Burkion posted:

The real question is where the gently caress the Necronomicon comes from at the Cabin considering Ash brings the one from the past into the future after it was destroyed.

They should say that old wise alchemist guy in the castle actually destroyed a fake or something.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
I'm hoping they save Pablo but in doing so they make it so the first movie never happens, and they come back to a future where Ash is a regular Joe but the Deadites are taking over the world. Then Season 3 starts off with Pablo Kelly and Ruby going back to ruin Ash's life all over again by re-orchestrating the first night at the cabin from behind the scenes.

Kinda like the DS9 episode where they go back in time and actually cause the old The Trouble With Tribbles episode to happen.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Frankenstyle posted:

Kinda like the DS9 episode where they go back in time and actually cause the old The Trouble With Tribbles episode to happen.

Not really. They are having their own adventure and stopping the future version of a characters from the episod from changing history.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Frankenstyle posted:

God I hate that I know this, but they actually made the old episode happen as it originally did; everything they did was to stop it from changing. The other time traveler was trying to gently caress it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Burkion posted:

That one was the Naturom Demonto. Try to keep up. :colbert:

• Locked thread